PDA

View Full Version : Offspring Retire?

jrk247
08-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Ok if The Offspring aren't going to retire why did they release a GH album and a COMPLETE music vid collection?

I mean are they not going to make any more music vids if they make a new album and are there not going to be any more Hits on this rumored new album? Or is Cant Repeat going to be on the album?

So many unanswered questions! Come on release info on a new album already! You cant quit on us now! YOU CAN REPEAT!

ashtray_girl_1
08-01-2005, 04:19 PM
there WILL be a new record, not very soon but someday for sure! :)

rocketman
08-01-2005, 04:20 PM
i think there is a rumor that next summer it might be released but thats not for sure

Jojan
08-01-2005, 04:41 PM
THINK POSITIVE!!!
FFS!!!
(http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=FFS&Find=Find)

offspring_freak_3
08-01-2005, 05:14 PM
itīs rumors, but the new record is true.
I have a interview with dexter talking about the next cd, i will try to rip and post here later. :D he is so cute in this interview :p

FFX-ME
08-01-2005, 05:56 PM
i think they still have 2-3 albums left in them

Conspiracy of One
08-01-2005, 06:06 PM
i think they still have 2-3 albums left in them
They have a CONTRACT for 2 more. I dont think you understand the concept here guys.

Rancid_Guyxxx
08-01-2005, 06:19 PM
They have a CONTRACT for 2 more. I dont think you understand the concept here guys.

Thats good to know! I'm glad two more albums should be good. But wheres your source?

dain84
08-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Ok if The Offspring aren't going to retire why did they release a GH album and a COMPLETE music vid collection?

I mean are they not going to make any more music vids if they make a new album and are there not going to be any more Hits on this rumored new album? Or is Cant Repeat going to be on the album?

So many unanswered questions! Come on release info on a new album already! You cant quit on us now! YOU CAN REPEAT!
Green Day pulled it off, so can offspring.

deep-fried dog-food sushi
08-01-2005, 11:19 PM
what if they made like seventy billion more albums?

that'd be cool.

my prediction when they retire is when dexter's hair goes from spikey to bald and combed over, noodles is all gray, greg k has no teeth, and atom has liver spots...you know the time in someone's life people usually retire at.

platinumpt
08-02-2005, 03:03 AM
No, The Offspring aren't retiring!!!! And many bands make a few best ofs, and collections, and proceed with their careers. Take U2, for instance, they already made at least 2 best ofs, I don't know their discography for sure, but I know those 2 discs have been made (1981-1990 and 1991-2000). And they're still here, making music. Well, IMO their new songs suck massive cock, but they're still selling lots of records... :confused:

Rexisfed
08-05-2005, 06:44 PM
The Offspring aren't going to be retiring anytime soon... they've made so many great records and still have many chances to make another "Smash" hit </bad pun>

ruroken
08-05-2005, 06:47 PM
You fucking moronic sack of shit.

Green Day did the EXACT SAME THING and didn't retire.

ZSTEIN
08-05-2005, 07:04 PM
well don't be too hard on him...

but The Offspring aren't done yet, i've heard of plans for at least 2 more new albums.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
08-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Appearently you didnt watch the flipside on the GH. There is gonna be a new album. Noodles said it. He said something like....
This is one of our new songs Cant Repeat and it shows that were not done making music and that theres more to come.

leo3375
08-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Do you have any idea how long this rumor has been around? Five years!!! Every time the Offspring release a new album, there is speculation that it will be their last. Granted I think it's better to quit while you're ahead than fade into obscurity, it will definitely be a sad day when the Offspring hang up their guitars and return to anonymity.

That day will not be coming for a few years. A new album is due out sometime next year.

pretty fly 88
08-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Bands make greatest hits albums to attract casual fans of rock music, to make some more money if they don't have enough new material for a new album yet. It doesn't mean they're retiring. Green Day and U2 came out with greatest hits CDs, then a few years later, they came out with grammy-winning albums and songs, so Offspring could do the same.

.:SMASH:.
08-06-2005, 01:51 AM
I'm confident that the offspring are gonna make another album or two but come on! they've been at it for like 15 years! they're like 40 now! give them a break, its gonna be a while.

I've gotta feeling it'll be a long time- It'll be a long time: Smash

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
08-06-2005, 02:34 AM
:p lol yeah, Noodles said their aim is 10 Records (i'm guessing not including GH)