PDA

View Full Version : Dexter in a movie

Lucia
08-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Hi. I am a relatively new "fan" of Offspring's music. So if this has been posted before I apologize. Has Dexter ever played a character in a movie? I was also going to ask about the song Gone Away but saw it in the list of questions that have to stop. Gone Away is the reason I became interested in Offspring. 2 yeas ago my daughter's father died. The day I received the phone call the song was playing on the radio. It hit me hard and everytime I hear this song I am a complete mess. But despite breaking down and crying so much I still like this song alot. I was wondering about the song's orgins and who wrote it and why. But after reading the "faq and posts that have to end" I will not ask any questions. I just wanted to mention how that song made me a fan and how personally it has touched my life.

Lucia

dain84
08-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Hi. I am a relatively new "fan" of Offspring's music. So if this has been posted before I apologize. Has Dexter ever played a character in a movie? I was also going to ask about the song Gone Away but saw it in the list of questions that have to stop. Gone Away is the reason I became interested in Offspring. 2 yeas ago my daughter's father died. The day I received the phone call the song was playing on the radio. It hit me hard and everytime I hear this song I am a complete mess. But despite breaking down and crying so much I still like this song alot. I was wondering about the song's orgins and who wrote it and why. But after reading the "faq and posts that have to end" I will not ask any questions. I just wanted to mention how that song made me a fan and how personally it has touched my life.

Lucia
There are rumors about what it is about. The most prevalent one is that it was about Dexter's daughter's mother, who allegedy died in a car accident. You should probably check out the video because it's great. It kept me from killing myself. He played a singer of a band and had his scalp ripped off in "Idle Hands", and he was in a deleted scene on the dvd for "Pauly Shore is dead". Gone Away has helped more people than we will ever know.

dain84
08-03-2005, 11:56 AM
t3h bumpzorz

Preocupado
08-03-2005, 01:29 PM
I've only seen Dexter in the movie Idol Hands, where he plays a musician named Bryan Holland that gets killed.

dain84
08-03-2005, 01:34 PM
You should watch the deleted scene on the dvd for pauly shore is dead. Dexter is actually a decent actor there.

IdiotOfTheDay
08-03-2005, 01:43 PM
You should watch the deleted scene on the dvd for pauly shore is dead. Dexter is actually a decent actor there.
I haven't seen that, but it's apparent that Idle Hands isn't the best example of his acting skills; he doesn't scream until after his scalp is completely torn off.

Hyper nova
08-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I haven't seen that, but it's apparent that Idle Hands isn't the best example of his acting skills; he doesn't scream until after his scalp is completely torn off.

Err maybe the special efect team got the timing wrong and any way pain reponses might be a bit slow.

I wasnt impressed with the whole movie to be honest i thought the part with Dexter and the Offspring was the best bit and best acting.

Venom Symbiote
08-03-2005, 09:45 PM
QUOTE:
"where he plays a musician named Bryan Holland that gets killed."

*sigh* Idiot.

QUOTE:
"t3h bumpzorz"

Never say that again. Ever. You hear me?

dain84
08-03-2005, 10:18 PM
QUOTE:
"where he plays a musician named Bryan Holland that gets killed."

*sigh* Idiot.

QUOTE:
"t3h bumpzorz"

Never say that again. Ever. You hear me?
t3h bumpzorz

vintagepunkrock7
08-03-2005, 10:35 PM
i think his acting comes off as cheesy lol. but its ok because i still keep watching it (especially the deleted scene on the pauly shore is dead dvd) and he is not an actor, just a really great singer lol.

Amazed
08-04-2005, 04:23 AM
any way pain reponses might be a bit slow.

pain responses are a lot slower than that. two years ago I had a small accident (can't bother to explain). I didn't feel any pain until half an hour later.

but maybe he was supposed to scream because of the shock and not the pain :confused:

WebDudette
08-04-2005, 04:33 AM
If you hadn't noticed that entire movie isn't quite top-par.

IdiotOfTheDay
08-04-2005, 04:37 AM
but maybe he was supposed to scream because of the shock and not the pain :confused:
If that was it, he would have screamed when a dismembered hand fell on his fucking head, making the scream really late.

Amazed
08-04-2005, 07:16 AM
If that was it, he would have screamed when a dismembered hand fell on his fucking head, making the scream really late.

haha.. yeah. you're right

estebanarg
08-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Hi, i'm esteban from argentina, and as the other girl said, i become fan only a year ago. i met this wonderful girl, who was already a fan, and she showed me this kind of music and i loved it since then. this girl had been my girlfriend because of you, offs, so thank you really. by the way, my first song was want you bad, which is great!!

is it really you, noodles? i just wanted to know if i'm talking to the real one.

Lucia
08-06-2005, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the info. I will have to check it out. I obviously have been seeing someone in the movies that looks like Dexter. Then again, its not like I have looked at too many Dexter pictures to know the difference!

.:SMASH:.
08-11-2005, 12:46 AM

Lucia
It was made for any lost ones in peoples lives- Dexter Holland

Black Dragon
08-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Does anyone knows where can i download Iddle Hands?? I really like to see Dexter's head being ripped off :D

lost_nvrfound
08-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Does anyone knows where can i download Iddle Hands?? I really like to see Dexter's head being ripped off :D
go to a place that sells 'previously viewed movies' (as most places call it, i just say 'used')... they generally have several copies of it for cheap... i love Idle Hands... its so much fun... its such a bad movie... i love how horrible most of the acting is... that only makes it more fun... noddles' goatee definately does not work...

wow... my thought pattern is really choppy in this post. i choose not to fix it...

OFFSPR1NGDUDE3
08-13-2005, 04:59 PM
I've only seen Dexter in the movie Idol Hands, where he plays a musician named Bryan Holland that gets killed.

you mean he played as himself

leo3375
08-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Dexter's character in "Idle Hands" was known only as the Band Lead Singer. He's a nameless character who gets killed in the movie.