PDA

View Full Version : How good is dex in playing drums?

Jerry
08-03-2005, 07:37 AM
What do you think :)? He was a drummer in Manic Subsidal in 1984 so.... I think he plays really good

DexterWannabe
08-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Look at the Americana video, i think he is pretty good

Jojan
08-03-2005, 08:26 AM
He doesn't have a snare drum where the snare drum usally is. He has a tom there . I think the snare is to right of the tom.

Nrk
08-03-2005, 10:24 AM
That is a snare, just a really crappy one with bad heads.

He doesn't drum very good, but he mostly makes up the drumparts for the offspring songs, so. he knows what he wants.

Zee
08-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Anyone in a band that long time as Dexter can play the drums for sure, and probably pretty well too.

nameless
08-03-2005, 03:57 PM
from what i remember he is just playing striaight 8th note rythym?! (correct me if im wrong!) its not really too hard (although it was quite quick i think)

people have listed in many posts about how many offspring and other bands songs they can play on guitar/bass/drums etc. so it comes down to actually composing music where you start to see people shine over others!

Idiot
08-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Lets just say he's best at what he's doing now. :)

Gayman
08-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Dexter is a great drummer!! If you've seen the video on cvc dvd you'll see how great he is! The tecnic is so damn good!!!

Really...who know cause no one seen him do it for long time...he could be better than Ron and Atom....who knows!

ashtray_girl_1
08-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Look at the Americana video, i think he is pretty good

hey dexterwannabe, please post a larger version of your avatar or tell me where you found it!the pic is awsome! :D

Homer
08-03-2005, 05:11 PM
oh man, from what I saw, he's not very good at all. I mean, anyone could've done what he did in the DVD video thing. Simple stuff. And believe me, I'm actually a drummer and I can do WAY better stuff. He's ok for someone who doesn't really KNOw (?) how to play the drums.

Gayman
08-03-2005, 05:14 PM
oh man, from what I saw, he's not very good at all. I mean, anyone could've done what he did in the DVD video thing. Simple stuff. And believe me, I'm actually a drummer and I can do WAY better stuff. He's ok for someone who doesn't really KNOw (?) how to play the drums.
If you're refering to my post, I was joking man! I know he ws crap at that point but he was just starting. And I'm a drummer my self and can play wayyyyy better that he did on the vid....

code_blue
08-03-2005, 06:59 PM
i dunno how good of a drummer dexter is, but he writes all of the drum parts for every song, so he must have at least a little bit of skill.

nameless
08-04-2005, 05:29 PM
i dunno how good of a drummer dexter is, but he writes all of the drum parts for every song, so he must have at least a little bit of skill.

is that really true?! i know he writes the majority of the bass and guitar parts but as far as i know he doesnt write the drum parts! atom said in an interview that dexter is quite particular about how they sound!

Nrk
08-04-2005, 05:57 PM
awwww my drummer, sweeeeeeeeeet.

Not that this sample is hard, i just like the way it sounds
www.excessum.nl/drums.wav

crrrN
08-04-2005, 06:48 PM
If you're refering to my post, I was joking man! I know he ws crap at that point but he was just starting. And I'm a drummer my self and can play wayyyyy better that he did on the vid....

Thank god, i really hoped you were joking :)