PDA

View Full Version : the offspring rock

stush
08-03-2005, 08:07 AM
here is the names of the offspring for all the dumb people out there
dexter holland:vocals,guitar(*THE BEST*)
noodles:guitar(really good but not as good as dex)
greg.k:bass(a really good bass player)
atom willard:drums(better then tre cool from greenday)

how good are the offspring,il give them 9/10 because i dont like all of there songs i give dex 10/10 and noodles 9/10 for the guitar atom 9/10 for drums and greg 9/10 for bass. :D

Jerry
08-03-2005, 08:08 AM
anything else?

thecavedog
08-03-2005, 08:12 AM
wtf was this thread for?

Shieka_keep 'em separated
08-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Noodles not as good as dexter?? i dont think so somehow...why else would noodles be lead guitar? and you didn't mention noodles sings backup....oh yeah, and atom better than tre? your out of your mind, dude

Cejus
08-03-2005, 11:44 AM
oh yeah, and atom better than tre? your out of your mind, dude
Tre Cool isn't a good drummer at all... I think both are the same (Tre and Atom). IMO, the best drummer is Travis Barker (Blink 182) :cool:

But yeah, you're right, Noodles is better than Dexter on guitars.

Offspring-Fanatic
08-03-2005, 11:54 AM

dude, of course this being your first post, if your a freaking fan on here

YOU WOULD KNOW THAT ALREADY!! hey hey, im testing your knowledge: who was the drummer before Atom?? no reasearching, im just seeing if you know this

IdiotOfTheDay
08-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Noodles is better than Dexter, dude. They both started around the same time, but Noodles is older, that gives him more experience points, haha. Anyway, Noodles was really in it for the technical stuff, he knows what he's doing; Dexter taught himself and didn't know how to do bar chords until looking at the back of an album. Granted, Dexter definitely knows what he's doing now, but Noodles is the better guitarist in the band.

dain84
08-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Noodles not as good as dexter?? i dont think so somehow...why else would noodles be lead guitar? and you didn't mention noodles sings backup....oh yeah, and atom better than tre? your out of your mind, dude
Atom ,kicks ass! Tre looks retarded when he drums! There is no way tre cool could do the drum solo in long way home.

Offspring-Fanatic
08-03-2005, 12:17 PM
oh i know!! the long way home solo is one of the best solos around!!!!

SkyRocker
08-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Atom ,kicks ass! Tre looks retarded when he drums! There is no way tre cool could do the drum solo in long way home.
You don't know that, boy and tre cool looks retarded deliberately

coke_a_holic
08-03-2005, 12:59 PM
This thread makes me weep. Old skool weepage.

SkyRocker
08-03-2005, 01:01 PM
This thread makes me weep. Old skool weepage.
Don't be so sad, drink some coke

dain84
08-03-2005, 02:37 PM
You don't know that, boy and tre cool looks retarded deliberately
sureeee......Atom is an incredible drummer. The only talented member of Green Day is Mike Dirnt. And why do they say they only have 3 members, but they have 4? The one guy plays guitar in every song since warning, so he's not like Higgins.

08-03-2005, 02:40 PM
You guys obviously haven't heard any of the drum solo's in 'dookie' burnout especialy, i understand that is a little repetative now, but he is ace a playing fast fills....yeah, travis is better at more complicated beats throughout some songs, i'll give him that... :cool:

08-03-2005, 02:44 PM
sureeee......Atom is an incredible drummer. The only talented member of Green Day is Mike Dirnt. And why do they say they only have 3 members, but they have 4? The one guy plays guitar in every song since warning, so he's not like Higgins.

Dude that guy is the lead guitarist from the band 'Pinhead gunpowder', billie joe's other band....they needed him cos ever since 'Warning' (though he didn't play in warning :p ) their songs have become more complex..and they also need him when they play live...i would consider hima band member yes...but not an original member...

IdiotOfTheDay
08-03-2005, 02:46 PM
i would consider hima band member yes...but not an original member...
Yeah, but they don't ever credit him on albums. So he's just someone who plays live shows when they need him.

08-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Yeah, but they don't ever credit him on albums. So he's just someone who plays live shows when they need him.

hmm..yeah maybe....i looked on the back of my warning album, and they didn't mention him...and im not up to warning in my greenday biography yet...so maybe....he deserves a mention in my opinion...he's actually an ace guitarist....or maybe he didn't want to be mentioned...who knows? (yes i know he does, dont contradict me on that!)

Mentally_Challenged
08-03-2005, 03:02 PM

Jeez, what the hell are you on? Noodles is the ultimate just...rocks. Totally. He's lead guitarist for a reason... =P

Sorry didn't notice this post. I've pretty much just backed up the point =D

dain84
08-03-2005, 03:02 PM
He played on American Idiot. They actually had 7 members for their new album.

08-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Jeez, what the hell are you on? Noodles is the ultimate just...rocks. Totally. He's lead guitarist for a reason... =P

Sorry didn't notice this post. I've pretty much just backed up the point =D

Lol, yes you did.....thanks! :D

irishpunkrockgirl
08-03-2005, 03:29 PM

how good are the offspring,il give them 9/10 because i dont like all of there songs i give dex 10/10 and noodles 9/10 for the guitar atom 9/10 for drums and greg 9/10 for bass. :D

what was the point in this??? why would someone on the board not know theyre names and crap!!!??

Nirushika6789
08-03-2005, 04:11 PM

i couldnt have said it better.....NOODLES is the BEST guitarist and obviously dexter already knows this and agress as the lead guitarist is none other than NOODLES...

noodlesfan
08-03-2005, 04:26 PM
mabye he think were all idiots and he thought he was doing us a favor by posting it. We should find him and bake him a cake, and because were a little mad at him, we'll shit in the batter, so he knows who he is dealing with.

Nirushika6789
08-03-2005, 04:37 PM
mabye he think were all idiots and he thought he was doing us a favor by posting it. We should find him and bake him a cake, and because were a little mad at him, we'll shit in the batter, so he knows who he is dealing with.

lol maybe we should post him a BLUE PETER BADGE lol

G0tta_get_away
08-03-2005, 04:48 PM
noodles is clearly a better guitarist than dexter and although Atom is probably a better drummer than Tre(even though im a massive greenday fan) you have no proof.
Tre probably could do the long way home solo as well but it doesnt mean he is better than atom ;)

All in All a pointless thread :D

Gayman
08-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Well...I'm just gonna say:
Atom is a better drummer than Tre I think.
Noodles is the lead guitarist cause Dexter has the lead vocals and you guys don't know wich one is better....

ashtray_girl_1
08-03-2005, 05:17 PM
:mad: CLOSE THIS THREAD!IT'S FUCKIN P O I N T L E S S!!! :mad:

0r4ng3
08-03-2005, 05:24 PM
IMO, the best drummer is Travis Barker (Blink 182)
He's good, but he ruined blink-182. Think about it. He joined right before Enema of the State. I prefer Dude Ranch/Cheshire Cat, when they were the closest to punk that they'll ever be.

punk_riOt
08-03-2005, 08:15 PM
wow, thanks for that...

Noodles is a better guitarist than Dexter.

coke_a_holic
08-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Many Guitar players > Noodles > Many more guitar players.

Deal with it.

bd007h
08-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Tre Cool isn't a good drummer at all... I think both are the same (Tre and Atom). IMO, the best drummer is Travis Barker (Blink 182) :cool:

Dave Grohl pwns Travis Barker on the drums.

bd007h
08-03-2005, 11:36 PM

WE HAVE A WINNER!

dexterisMYman
08-04-2005, 10:00 AM
this thread sux!!!

Noragene
08-04-2005, 10:46 AM
dudes,
yes the offspring rock. but tre cool is far better than atom........... as billie joe is better than dexter................. although they have gone on tour together, they are very good friends........... so stop rippin on green day. oh..... and have u people heard of the transplants.................. thay kick ass(tim armstrong, travis barker, and rob aston)
well email me noragene1@yahoo.com :D

Nirushika6789
08-04-2005, 10:49 AM
dudes,
yes the offspring rock. but tre cool is far better than atom........... as billie joe is better than dexter................. although they have gone on tour together, they are very good friends........... so stop rippin on green day. oh..... and have u people heard of the transplants.................. thay kick ass(tim armstrong, travis barker, and rob aston)
well email me noragene1@yahoo.com :D

welcome to the boards but .....
why come onto an OFFSPRING board to slag the band members u can say they are equal but u dont have to say green day are better....are u looking someone to start shouting at u lol

platinumpt
08-04-2005, 10:58 AM
dudes,
yes the offspring rock. but tre cool is far better than atom........... as billie joe is better than dexter................. although they have gone on tour together, they are very good friends........... so stop rippin on green day.
I'd like to state my opinion about that:
Oh, but first, welcome:)

I love GD, but saying Bllie Joe is better than Dexter is just hilarious. I've never heard Billie Joe singing an Offspring song. Thank God, he'd probably blew himself up at the high notes. But I've seen Dexter performing Basket Case live, and it looked wonderful.

About the drummers... sorry but I've no opinion. I don't know Atom well enough. Many guys say that Tre Cool suck, but I don't think that's true. I think their music sounds good, that's all I care!

But IMO he Offspring are better, that's why they're my favorite band, and not GD!!

shitwalker
08-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Right you are. Sux..... :(

IdleOffspring
08-04-2005, 02:00 PM

Deal with it.

for me,
Dexter > All Other Singers
Noodles > All Other Guitar Players
Greg > All Other Bass Players
Atom > All Other Drummers

kickass0987654321
08-04-2005, 02:01 PM
I give them all 20/10!!!

Swill
08-04-2005, 02:03 PM
the offspring are a great band!!!!
________
HANDJOB EBONY (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/671/ebony/videos/1)

bd007h
08-04-2005, 03:40 PM
for me,
Dexter > All Other Singers
Noodles > All Other Guitar Players
Greg > All Other Bass Players
Atom > All Other Drummers

Flea > Greg K.

Dave Grohl > Atom