PDA

View Full Version : greg k's bass stance

SMASH0390
08-03-2005, 01:59 PM
When Greg plays bass he kinda swings back n forth. honestly i think it looks kool so i tried it. it was kinda difficult to play and i got sick from all the swinging around lol. ive never seen any other bass player do that its cool, and i was thinking is it to keep beat or...?

TarachnidX
08-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I think he does it just so it doesn't look like he's just standing there because he doesnt jump around like Dexter or Noodles. Well except that one time. I dunno but that's like his trademark bass stance. :cool:

SMASH0390
08-03-2005, 03:36 PM
I think he does it just so it doesn't look like he's just standing there because he doesnt jump around like Dexter or Noodles. Well except that one time. I dunno but that's like his trademark bass stance. :cool:

that could b it

dain84
08-03-2005, 03:44 PM
I think it's genetic. No one else can do it!

SMASH0390
08-03-2005, 04:06 PM
I think it's genetic. No one else can do it!

ha lol could b, maybe with some practice...

Hyper nova
08-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Personally i think its to keep time cause its very rhythmical. But it could be Greg K's Way of bouncing around in a Greg K kindda way if that makes sense.

No i confused myself as well.

punk_riOt
08-03-2005, 08:18 PM
At least he's not standing there.

Noodles has a lot of energy waving his head around, jumping sometimes, walking around on stage and shit.

Atoms a great energetic drummer, he always looks mad.

Dexter sings well, plays guitar well and usually just gives off a good vibe.

So i mean like if Greg were to stand there he'd seem totally out of place, it's a pretty awesome sway i might add, i can't do it well while playing bass :p

vintagepunkrock7
08-03-2005, 11:21 PM
well for whatever reason, it works for him so i never really questioned it. but it would be totally awesome to see him start jumping around on stage lol. the other guys have great energy on stage and so i think he kind of balances things out alittle, so theres not a bunch of guys spaz-ing out on stage lol.

Telekinesis
08-04-2005, 01:32 AM
It that back 'n' forth thing the "Greg K Dance" people refer to? I was just wondering coz That's the only thing he appears to do on stage (apart from playing bass) By the way dude above me, I've fallen in love the word spaz-ing! I go spastic all the time, I always act like I've had too much red cordial.

Revolver-2005?
08-04-2005, 01:39 AM
It that back 'n' forth thing the "Greg K Dance" people refer to? I was just wondering coz That's the only thing he appears to do on stage (apart from playing bass) By the way dude above me, I've fallen in love the word spaz-ing! I go spastic all the time, I always act like I've had too much red cordial.

Yeah the swinging is the greg k dance...i tried to do it once and its really freakin hard to move your hands lol

Pilau
08-04-2005, 05:36 AM
The CD-extra of Splinter has Higgins taking the mick attemping the Greg K dance during the studio tour.

platinumpt
08-04-2005, 05:44 AM
Greg K is the real shit dudes!!!! He's a natural swinger, as you can see. And hello, Telekinesis, long time no see :cool:

powerhead'05
08-04-2005, 07:41 AM
My bands bass player tried it and nearly knocked me out!

Kitten
08-04-2005, 07:48 AM
I tried it once, I can do it without a bass, I understand the fundamentals, but when it comes to having a bass in my hands, I can't do it.

dexterisMYman
08-04-2005, 07:54 AM
this thread was already made. you know how i know. cuz i made it.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6191

SMASH0390
08-04-2005, 01:13 PM
this thread was already made. you know how i know. cuz i made it.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6191

my bad nvr saw it b4

vintagepunkrock7
08-06-2005, 07:08 PM
not a dude, but thanks, i like to spread around my own words lol.

Telekinesis
08-06-2005, 08:06 PM
I know you're not a guy, I just call everyone dude

mrconeman
08-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Dammit its the Greg K Shimmy, enough of the threads about him not looking like he enjoys himself on stage, of course he does!

SMASH0390
08-07-2005, 12:48 AM
Dammit its the Greg K Shimmy, enough of the threads about him not looking like he enjoys himself on stage, of course he does!

whoever said that i think its sweet of course he enjoys himself that must b a riot if u can manage to do it its hard