PDA

View Full Version : Do You Feel Bad For Greg K?

blackballs
08-05-2005, 11:52 AM
I know thats Greg's shy and all that, but do you think he doesn't get the respect he deserves from Dexter and Noodles. I mean without Greg their would've never been The Offspring. Which brings me to my actual point, Greg is just as much part of the band as Dexter and Noodles but they get to do all the interviews and whatever, I bet he wasn't even confronted to do any of the commentary on the DVD or any of the interviews on the DualDisc version of the Greatest Hits, all of the Offspring songs are just as much Greg's as Noodles and Dexter and yet he hardly gets any recognition, again I know he's shy but it's kinda ridiculous how little he is even mentioned as being part of the band or how little he gets to do, so do you feel bad for Greg K?

darko
08-05-2005, 11:54 AM
i think you managed to answer your own question.....whe you said he was shy....he maybe not be confortable with it and prob wasnt comfortable with taking part i the dueldisc.

i dont feel bad for him, cus well he hasnt been pushed out!

blackballs
08-05-2005, 11:59 AM
I do think he has been pushed out a little by Noodles and Dexter, and I know Atom is new but couldn't he have been on the interview on Stevens Untitled Rock Show and Fuse, that just furthers my point that I think Noodles and Dexter are probably trying to put themselves further in the spotlight.

dexterisMYman
08-05-2005, 11:59 AM
and yet all the songs are as much atom as they are greg K,Dexter,or Noodles. so whats your point?

killer_queen
08-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Why would I? He's not my friend, I don't know him. So, I don't care.

Conspiracy of One
08-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Why would I? He's not my friend, I don't know him. So, I don't care.
o thats nice.....

kickass0987654321
08-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Maybe he chose to get less credit.

darko
08-05-2005, 12:03 PM
the way i see it, the public have always focused of Dexter and Noodles....and maybe when Smash exploded, everyone was wanting to interview them and it was just the way things fixed.

Its not just in the Offspring, you look at other bands, with more than one founding member....it is always the singer thats the main attraction and maybe one other member, not just the offspring

its prob the way greg likes it

blackballs
08-05-2005, 12:04 PM
and yet all the songs are as much atom as they are greg K,Dexter,or Noodles. so whats your point?
Since Atom wasn't around with the band before the Greatest Hits, it doesn't make any since that he do any commentary for a collection of videos that include Ron Welty as drummer, but it's different with Greg because he was just as much a part of those songs as Dexter and Noodles but, I think they choose to push an already shy Greg K out of the spotlight.

dexterisMYman
08-05-2005, 12:05 PM
i think that every band is like that.b/c the lead singer and guitarist get the most publicity in a band. it's like that in almost every band.

offspring kid
08-05-2005, 12:11 PM
maybe he likes playing golf more then interviews and that kinnda stuff !

blackballs
I think Noodles should log on and explain now why Greg didn't do any commentary on the DVD or interviews on the Greatest Hits DVD, but to bad it'll never happen, but maybe I can ask the band when I see them in 4 days.

blackballs
maybe he likes playing golf more then interviews and that kinnda stuff !
He's a very good golfer from what I've seen.

Tijs
08-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Pfft, I think Greg has no problem with it. If he really wants to give some commentary on the disc, he would've done it I think. Sure he's shy, but he probably isn't that shy towards Dexter and Noodles. And as Dexter said, the Greatest Hits was their own idea, so they most likely were free to choose who gave commentary on the DVD.

jrk247
08-05-2005, 03:56 PM
I know thats Greg's shy and all that, but do you think he doesn't get the respect he deserves from Dexter and Noodles. I mean without Greg their would've never been The Offspring. Which brings me to my actual point, Greg is just as much part of the band as Dexter and Noodles but they get to do all the interviews and whatever, I bet he wasn't even confronted to do any of the commentary on the DVD or any of the interviews on the DualDisc version of the Greatest Hits, all of the Offspring songs are just as much Greg's as Noodles and Dexter and yet he hardly gets any recognition, again I know he's shy but it's kinda ridiculous how little he is even mentioned as being part of the band or how little he gets to do, so do you feel bad for Greg K?
Are you stupid?---No really?

You answered your own question, pick up the Complete music vid collection and listen to the commentarry.

He is shy, if he wanted to be on the spotlight he would, I mean he and Dexter are the founders of the offspring. If he had a problem with it he would quit the band. I mean come on use what brain cells you have.