PDA

View Full Version : Smoking is bad mmkay?

wliethof
11-17-2004, 05:37 AM
You see this hot girl you would like to know, walk up to her to say something. But as you're walking towards her, she lights up a cigarette. You turn away and go 'argh!'.

Seriously, smoking is very much a turn off.

Although, if you smoke and I know you are nice, I don't really care anymore. I'll just bitch about stopping a lot.

Am I the only one who gags when in contact with cigarette ashes and finds it disgusting to see ashtrays near food or plates used as ashtrays?

lucy_willson
11-17-2004, 05:39 AM
wheres that fag packet....................

JoY
11-17-2004, 05:41 AM
you're the personification of the Dutch commercial against smoking.
I wonder if that's a coincedence.

anyway, cigarettes near food & stuff used to bother the fuck out of me too, but now... I really couldn't care less. hey, if someone finds an OD-ed ashtray with burned out cigs, or sees an eggshell used as one.. then it was probably me. it's almost like setting your territory by pissing against trees. now *that* I find disgusting.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-17-2004, 05:42 AM
I work in a bar, where an unproportionately high number of people seem to smoke. As part of my job, I have to wash out the ash trays. I come home smelling of cigarette smoke every night, and it's just ack. I have smoked before, so I know the attraction, but personally it just makes me feel ill now.

wliethof
you're the personification of the Dutch commercial against smoking.
I wonder if that's a coincedence.

anyway, cigarettes near food & stuff used to bother the fuck out of me too, but now... I really couldn't care less. hey, if someone finds an OD-ed ashtray with burned out cigs, or sees an eggshell used as one.. then it was probably me. it's almost like setting your territory by pissing against trees. now *that* I find disgusting.

you're awful! I'd get a heart attack or/and feel really sick in your house i think. lol

lucy_willson
hehe no that is gross :eek:

JoY
11-17-2004, 05:47 AM
you're awful! I'd get a heart attack or/and feel really sick in your house i think. lol
uhh, we have windows. -&- use them.

after we fucked I used to smoke :p

wliethof
11-17-2004, 05:48 AM
see, if I know people a bit, i dont care that much. but if you'd have smoked when we first met, I wouldn't have liked you at first I think

JoY
11-17-2004, 05:55 AM
oh come on, you stared at my ass in the school's aula!
there's more to a person, that makes them either attractive, or unattractive, than a tarstick, that's all I'm saying. I personally hate the habbit too & dispise the smell that gets stuck in clothes, hair, MOUTHS.... but I knew my boyfriend smokes more than a fucking chimney, before I started dating him & even if I wouldn't have been a chimney myself, that still wouldn't have stopped me. if he tastes like an ashtray, I'll tell him honestly - sometimes even refuse to kiss him, but that hardly ever happens, since I enjoy kissing him more than anything, it's a part of him & I love him & his habbits.

wliethof
11-17-2004, 06:02 AM
hah but you were probably bending over and your pants were showing probably. I don't remember this. crappy memory.

It's still a disgusting habit! Did you know my brother started smoking too? My dad stopped though! Whenever I go home, i smell like cigarettes :s

JoY
11-17-2004, 06:09 AM
yeah, I was wearing a thong. Tim notified me, the dirty bastard.

your brother started smoking??? oh dude, that must the funniest thing to see, since the invention of bread!! *rolls on floor laughing her butt off*
I have a vivid imagination. :p

aw, I like your brother. if this is what he wants & likes, then let him smoke. he started at a late age & is still young. that's the recipe for a quick quitter. & I know, it's mine too. ;p

wliethof
11-17-2004, 06:11 AM
he's been doing it over a year now, secretly first, then mum found out and now he begs her for cigarettes. He smokes loads if weed too.

Vicky
11-17-2004, 07:53 AM
Smoking is yukky. Whenever I go to the pub (mmh pub is ace) I always come back smelling like weed and cigs. And when I sit at the smoking area at lunch at college, I smell like weed (argh bad johnny) and cigs then too. :( Yukky.

wliethof
11-17-2004, 07:54 AM
dirty smokers!

Obie2trice
11-17-2004, 08:39 AM
I smoke, but not in a restaurant or another place were people eat or sit nearby me. So in that way people shouldn`t be so sad about it

Tijs
11-17-2004, 11:34 AM
I hate smoking. I won't start saying how much I hate it cause I can't stop. But I agree with you Willem. I feel your pain. I FEEL YOUR PAIN! omg wtf.

too_close_to_see
11-17-2004, 11:34 AM
Smoking sucks.

Danielle
11-17-2004, 11:56 AM
smoking is bad... i dont smoke and never hav done but im not gonna stop anyone else...

UnderDog
11-17-2004, 12:02 PM
I LOVE smoking pot and opium and cigarette. :) It gives me the relaxation I need.

Inshane
11-17-2004, 12:31 PM
I don't like people who start smoking. It maybe sounds real stupid but when I know people who allready smoke, I just, Im used to it or something and I dont care. But when I know somebody and he/she suddenly smokes Im like: fucker, quit it.

It is a habbit. one nasty habbit.

Tired_Of_You
11-17-2004, 12:41 PM
My parents smoke, my aunts and uncles smoke, they all want to stop but they aren't able too. I don't care at all when someone smoke in front of me and I think in restarants and in bars there should be a section for people who smokes and the people who don't. I don't really understand the people who start smoking because I live with smokers and I know what it is, they all want to stop but it seems really hard and anyway I don't understand what is "fun' about smoking.

Eccentric Sara
11-17-2004, 12:55 PM
I hate smoking. I won't start saying how much I hate it cause I can't stop. But I agree with you Willem. I feel your pain. I FEEL YOUR PAIN! omg wtf.Agreed!!!!!! Fucking hate it!!!! :mad: It is really gross when you kiss someone and they taste of cigarettes!!! It makes me feel ill!!! I think it should be banned in all public places. If ppl want to smoke in the privacy of their own homes,fine,but they shouldn't inflict their habit on other people.

Tijs
11-17-2004, 01:21 PM
I think it should be banned in all public places. If ppl want to smoke in the privacy of their own homes,fine,but they shouldn't inflict their habit on other people.
Indeed, fucking spanyards.. (or however that should be written, people from Spain I mean.)

Eccentric Sara
11-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Indeed, fucking spanyards.. (or however that should be written, people from Spain I mean.)Do Spanish ppl smoke more than ppl from other countries,then?!!! I just hate it when ppl smoke near me,regardless of their nationality!!!! The fact that a person smokes doesn't stop me liking them. I just hate the habit and its effects (and the tobacco industry!!!!),rather than the ppl who do it.

Tijs
11-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Do Spanish ppl smoke more than ppl from other countries,then?!!! I just hate it when ppl smoke near me,regardless of their nationality!!!! The fact that a person smokes doesn't stop me liking them. I just hate the habit and its effects (and the tobacco industry!!!!),rather than the ppl who do it.
Nah, I just came back from Spain, and you can smoke in a lot of places there.

Eccentric Sara
11-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Oh,I see.I've heard that it is like that in a lot of European countries. Darn it! It should be banned!!!!!!!

Tijs
11-17-2004, 01:41 PM
You live in a European country yourself...

Eccentric Sara
11-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Well,yeah,I meant OTHER European countries like France and Germany."On the continent", as we say in the U.K.

Tijs
11-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Oh you Brittains are al the same.

Well here's it's normal I guess:
restaurants/bars/clubs/such stuff

May be smoked. At trainstation on special places for there. Smoker's poles or something.

rockerchick69
11-17-2004, 02:57 PM
i'm a past smoker! i quit! lol..and i plan on doing it again....lol....so i havent really quit...oh shit! that didnt make sense at all....but hey its fun :)

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Oh you Brittains are al the same.

Well here's it's normal I guess:
restaurants/bars/clubs/such stuff

May be smoked. At trainstation on special places for there. Smoker's poles or something.

How dare you generalise us like that!

All you bloody Americans do that!

Tijs
11-17-2004, 04:27 PM
All you bloody Americans do that!
I'm a euro...

SicN Twisted
11-17-2004, 04:43 PM
I love smoking cigarettes. They help me maintain my composure. I hate it when people bitch and tell me to stop, I wanna fuck beat them to death. I obviously know the dangers of smoking, I just don't care, so leave me alone.

Tijs
11-17-2004, 04:55 PM
I love smoking cigarettes. They help me maintain my composure. I hate it when people bitch and tell me to stop, I wanna fuck beat them to death. I obviously know the dangers of smoking, I just don't care, so leave me alone.
Knock knock, anyone home? Dude, you're blowing smelly cancer in our faces and we're supposed to leave you alone, eh? Smoke if you want, until you drop dead, but leave us alone.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-17-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm a euro...

I think you missed the point of my post.

SicN Twisted
11-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Second hand smoke does absolutely nothing. You'd have to spend an hour in a room so thick with smoke you can't see your hand in front of your face to get the equivelent of one filtered cigarette. You think that smoke is disgusting, but you have no qualms with the co2 contaminated air that you breath. Going on a bus is just as bad as a cigarette, you moron. I'm at least accepting the fact that I'm fucked either way and not nuying into some hypocritical facade that smokimg is bad, but eat all the big macs you want.

punk_flamingo
11-17-2004, 08:07 PM
ive been smoking since I was 12...which sucks...Im quitting at the moment though, weened myself down to 8mg instead of the usual 12mgs.

I dont smoke in my house, anywhere around children, anywhere overly public (like an outside resteraunt etc) and I try to go outside when I go to bars...but there really isnt much point seeing as everyone smokes.

Their putting restrictions up next year to ban all smoking in pubs, clubs, on beaches, etc to help stop the passive smoking. Its quite a good idea.

I find the really hard thing abuot quitting is when I have a drink, its like...I have to have a fag when I drink. It sounds awful, but I do.

Oh and I never ash on the floor of a pub, its a bugger to get out for the staff, and I think its quite disrespectful. Always use the ashtray.

Eccentric Sara
11-18-2004, 12:27 AM
I don't mind it when ppl smoke and they are considerate.:)

Kitten
11-18-2004, 04:57 AM
I am actually thinking of quitting, what is the most efficient way? I am asking all the past smokers here by the way.

Tizzalicious
11-18-2004, 05:03 AM
It's disgusting when you kiss someone who smokes and you can taste it...yuckyuckyuck. I'd never go out someone who smokes. I'd make him quit for me, and I'm serious...if he wouldn't...then...too bad. I hate having to put up with my dad's smoking, I'm not gonna put up with a boyfriend who smokes too.

Evil babboon
11-18-2004, 05:09 AM
"i'd give up smoking, if i thought i wouldnt become a non smoker" bill hicks

Eccentric Sara
11-18-2004, 09:22 AM
It's disgusting when you kiss someone who smokes and you can taste it...yuckyuckyuck. I'd never go out someone who smokes. I'd make him quit for me, and I'm serious...if he wouldn't...then...too bad. I hate having to put up with my dad's smoking, I'm not gonna put up with a boyfriend who smokes too.Yeah,that's totally how I feel IN THEORY,but the trouble is,most of the guys I tend to be attracted to also tend to be smokers!!!! :( I hate it. If I wasn't tolerant of it,I would never have a boyfriend! (Actually,my situation wouldn't change!!!!! lol:rolleyes: )If I was going out with a smoker,I would just make some sort of compromise like making sure he went outside to smoke and drank something/brushed his teeth after he smoked/before he kissed me. It seemed to work OK with my last boyfriend.:)

MirandaV
11-18-2004, 10:17 AM
I don't smoke, I dont have problems with people who do, maybe becuz I just grown up with it, my dad's smokes a fucking lot.

I'm always like.. look how many beautiful things there are in life.. If you smoke you 'll die earlier, its such a waste.

I wanna see a lot of things in this world and I need every fucking year of my life.

Eccentric Sara
11-18-2004, 10:22 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. My parents smoke and I hate it.

Tizzalicious
11-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Yeah,that's totally how I feel IN THEORY,but the trouble is,most of the guys I tend to be attracted to also tend to be smokers!!!! :( I hate it. If I wasn't tolerant of it,I would never have a boyfriend! (Actually,my situation wouldn't change!!!!! lol:rolleyes: )If I was going out with a smoker,I would just make some sort of compromise like making sure he went outside to smoke and drank something/brushed his teeth after he smoked/before he kissed me. It seemed to work OK with my last boyfriend.:)

I had 2 guys quiting for me...well...they both said they were gonna quit anyway, but as things didn't work out, they but ended up not quitting anyway, so...they were quitting for me ;) Hehe. Cute.

Vicky
11-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Tooooo be honest, I couldn't care less if people smoke or not, as long as they don't force it on me, or breath it in my face. Yeah yeah I know I used to smoke, but I quit, which is good. But most people I am friends with, know that I don't like it being blown in my face, and that I don't want to smoke again, so.. they just.. don't do that. But as I said earlier, I always end up smelling like it. And my hair smells like it for days, and my clothes, too.

Eccentric Sara
11-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Coolies.:) If I thought a guy liked me enough,I would ask him to quit for me,but most guys would probably tell me to fuck off!!!!lol And I would rather meet the guy half way and put up with it than not have a boyfriend at all!!!!That sucks!!!!(I have been single for too long,dammit!!!!:( )

Eccentric Sara
11-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Tooooo be honest, I couldn't care less if people smoke or not, as long as they don't force it on me, or breath it in my face. Yeah yeah I know I used to smoke, but I quit, which is good. But most people I am friends with, know that I don't like it being blown in my face, and that I don't want to smoke again, so.. they just.. don't do that. But as I said earlier, I always end up smelling like it. And my hair smells like it for days, and my clothes, too.I always put my clothes in the wash after I've been in a smoky place.They smell too bad for me to wear them again without washing them first.And I wash my hair twice after I have been in the pub.That usually gets rid of the smell.

Danielle
11-18-2004, 11:09 AM
I always put my clothes in the wash after I've been in a smoky place.They smell too bad for me to wear them again without washing them first.And I wash my hair twice after I have been in the pub.That usually gets rid of the smell.

yeah its annoying when that happens!

Nina
11-18-2004, 12:00 PM
It's disgusting when you kiss someone who smokes and you can taste it...yuckyuckyuck. I'd never go out someone who smokes. I'd make him quit for me, and I'm serious...if he wouldn't...then...too bad. I hate having to put up with my dad's smoking, I'm not gonna put up with a boyfriend who smokes too.

everything you said here could be from me.
heart&stuff.

Vicky
11-18-2004, 12:40 PM
I always put my clothes in the wash after I've been in a smoky place.They smell too bad for me to wear them again without washing them first.And I wash my hair twice after I have been in the pub.That usually gets rid of the smell.

I don't have time to wash my hair twice after I've been out though :S I usually go out on Tuesdays, because its student night (£1 a drink, cool punk and ska bands, bogof drinks, what more could I ask for?), and I get home quite late, and quite drunk, then I have college first thing to next morning :s

Tizzalicious
11-18-2004, 01:04 PM
everything you said here could be from me.
heart&stuff.

Haha, I liked that "heart&stuff" =D

Vera
11-18-2004, 01:32 PM
I sort of don't give a fuck at the moment. :]

Scheisse for those who do smoke, it takes a few years off your life and the habit costs a lot, but it's really not my problem.

noone
11-18-2004, 01:48 PM
smoking rules, cigarettes are the best. it is great to smoke specially when you drink alcohol, or coffe. i even cant sleep if i dont smoke at least one cigarette. lucky strike are the best cigarettes :)

Izie
11-18-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm a completely no-smoking person. Yes, I do have friends who smoke, but somehow, you won't find me close to them. I dislike the smell, and if I go out to a place where people smoke... Eurgh, my clothes end up airing out for a few days (or in the laundry), and my hair ends up in water. Period.

Eccentric Sara
11-18-2004, 03:36 PM
I don't have time to wash my hair twice after I've been out though :S I usually go out on Tuesdays, because its student night (£1 a drink, cool punk and ska bands, bogof drinks, what more could I ask for?), and I get home quite late, and quite drunk, then I have college first thing to next morning :sAh fair enough then.I'm one of those ppl who can stay up all night,and sometimes not even go to bed,so I have no problem with staying up late having long showers! lol:p

Vicky
11-18-2004, 03:39 PM
Ah fair enough then.I'm one of those ppl who can stay up all night,and sometimes not even go to bed,so I have no problem with staying up late having long showers! lol:p

I always go to bed early.. only up now cuz I drank too much coke and I can't sleep. And so I am dancing around my room.. hehe. its funny what coke does to me :D

Eccentric Sara
11-18-2004, 03:50 PM
Hehe,I'm a night-owl,me. I've always stayed up late,ever since they started giving us homework at school.(From the age of 10.) I used to be a bit obsessive about schoolwork,so I used to stay up really late doing it,then spend all day at school trying not to fall asleep! :( I've stayed up entire nights without going to bed to do work for uni, but that wasn't so bad because if I missed uni lectures the next day so I could sleep in, no-one really noticed. I dunno.My mind just comes alive at night. Plus everyone else is asleep,so it is all peaceful and quiet.:) Just got into the habit of doing it now.The good thing is,I stay up late because I WANT to now,not because I'm obliged to to get things done.

Vicky
11-18-2004, 03:52 PM
Hehe,I'm a night-owl me.I've always stayed up late,ever since they started giving us homework at school.(From the age of 10.) I used to be a bit obsessive about schoolwork,so I used to stay up really late doing it,then spend all day at school trying not to fall asleep! :( I've stayed up entire nights without going to bed to do work for uni, but that wasn't so bad because if I missed uni lectures the next day so I could sleep in, no-one really noticed. I dunno.My mind just comes alive at night. Plus everyone else is asleep,so it is all peaceful and quiet.:) Just got into the habit of doing it now.The good thing is,I stay up late because I WANT to now,not because I'm obliged to to get things done.

In summer, I go to bed around 2am, and get up at 3pm or something like that.. but college nights (cause I have to get up at 7 usually) i'm in bed at 10 because i get so tired on all those boring bus journeys I have.. Always seem to do my homework on the bus, though! Do quite good on it, too. :D

malumboman
11-18-2004, 03:59 PM
i figured out how to smoke and not get cancer! its easy! just smoke cock instead of cigs!

Eccentric Sara
11-18-2004, 04:00 PM
I was WELL ahead of you...;)

Chris
11-18-2004, 04:04 PM
i've almost mastered the art of bluffing my way through work I haven't quite done, haven't missed many lectures this year so far though, not compared to last. im far too apathetic towards uni work and all though, always lounge at the back of the theatre. Mostly stay up late as well, normally till bout 3-4am at the weekends...I keep strange hours.

but yeah....smoking - as long as they aren't unsociable with it, couldn't care less if they did it or not, as long as I don't smell of it afterwards [/ontopic]

Eccentric Sara
11-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Its cool that u can bluff!!! I am crap at it,so I used to just do the work!!! I cared way too much tho.What a waste of time.:( Despite having good grades,I am still unemployable.

Chris
11-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Awww you're far from unemployable, it really is a matter of what's available, which is something you can't control. Trying to get any relevant experience always helps as well, when its possible. Just keep trying there :)

Eccentric Sara
11-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Aw,thanks for your encouragement.:) I will keep trying.

greencows12
11-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Whenever someone smokes now, I just leave, cause I didn't used to care, but it started making my breathing shorter, and it makes me choke, I don't feel I have to pay for someone else's harm to theirself.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-29-2004, 10:01 PM
Actually you're more likely to get cancer by eating one pork chop a week than you are from secondary smoke.

Tizzalicious
11-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Been kissing a guy that smokes last weekend, and I was so drunk that I didn't even notice :o

ThatOneGuy123
11-30-2004, 12:53 AM
God your messed up I smoke Im super hot I got a super hot wife and 2 kids its not that bad my wife was smoking when I met her and she was smoking after we did it hardcore oh well the moral is you get the girl you fall inlove coo coo ca choo its all good

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-30-2004, 02:19 AM
Do you ever stop to breathe?

JoY
11-30-2004, 05:50 AM
Actually you're more likely to get cancer by eating one pork chop a week than you are from secondary smoke.
THANK you.

& ja ja, das stimmt.

nitropenguin!
11-30-2004, 08:36 AM
You see this hot girl you would like to know, walk up to her to say something. But as you're walking towards her, she lights up a cigarette. You turn away and go 'argh!'.

Although, if you smoke and I know you are nice, I don't really care anymore. I'll just bitch about stopping a lot.

Am I the only one who gags when in contact with cigarette ashes and finds it disgusting to see ashtrays near food or plates used as ashtrays?
Nope, you're not the only one. I can be really scary and threatening to smokers, such as my dad. And they'll cut down just for me :) lol, just good at telling horror stories.

JoY
11-30-2004, 09:34 AM
you couldn't tell a horror story, if your life depended on it. let alone that it'd be good.

DUKESTER76
11-30-2004, 10:54 AM
smoking is bad and this comes from a heavy smoker, oh well dont listen to me just do what you want. but for me i am going to quit for sure again. the last time i quit i stopped for a while and that was because i took up working out and hiking atleast 3 times a week. when i would smell cigarette i totally lost temptation. right now i am smoking again but its because i stopped working out because i go to college and work and am too busy to hit the gym. as soon as this year and semester is over i am making time and gonna start working out again. i smoke right now cause i get stressed and to keep warm cause i work the graveyard shift and go to school at night. so ====='' puff puff for now.

nitropenguin!
11-30-2004, 05:33 PM
you couldn't tell a horror story, if your life depended on it. let alone that it'd be good.
And you have knowledge of this how? JoY I've always been nice to you =(

GreenTerror
11-30-2004, 07:58 PM

I totally agree with you
I am constantly around people who smoke, actually all my friends smoke(i really mean ALL) but they know I cannot stand it so they never really pressure me, I woulden't have to worry about it anyway because I think it's the most disgusting way to slowly kill yourself(and the people around you). It's kinda sad too Because when I moved here I knew one of my smoker friends before he started smoking, then we could bitch together about how nasty it is, but the night I found out he smoked, I lost alot of respect for him, but I still love the shit out of him.
As for me, I don't EVER want to start that gross habit and I hope I don't, I'd choose a faster way toward sucide. But that's just my opinion, and a person's choice.

Trip Boy
11-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Dwivedi’s book deals with vaastu with special reference to pyramids. He has brought out new insights into the study of pyramids, having visited Egypt and by making an in-depth analysis of these with new material on mummification.