PDA

View Full Version : Arena or Festival????

Swill
08-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Are the spring a better arena our festival outdoor band....????Just thinking about it today....ive seen them indoors are they were class...id like to see them outdoors though
________
TOYOTA SOARER SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Soarer)

Cejus
08-07-2005, 06:09 PM
I've seem a lot of live videos of them. And I also went to a concert last year (at Barcelona 04). It was an indoor concert, and it was awesome!

In general, I'd say that they are better at arenas, for a simple reason: on arenas they play more songs than on festivals :cool: And of course, the audience is better on arenas, 'cause all the people like The Offspring. But on festivals, there are many people that don't like The Offspring: some of them are on this festival just to see another band.

NDM1
08-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Ive only seen videos of indoors but i can imagine its awesome. Outdoors its INSANE. Security isnt as tight usually.

aeh20s
08-07-2005, 11:26 PM
I've seen them both inside and out. they are so much better when it is just an Offspring concert in an arena compared to having a slot at a festival. Though i do have to say that the last time i saw them at a festival (HFStival 2004 to be exact) they not only put on an amazing show but the only other band left to play that day was The Cure and they couldn't follow the show that The Offspring put on. actually almost everyone left the stadium when The Cure came on, it was hillarious.

princess
08-08-2005, 05:32 AM
reading last year the crowd was amazing during the offspring, a large portion of the crowd was there to see them then left right afterwards despite the fact that the darkness were on next... i was one of'em. i've seen them twice in the arena but despite the shorter set list, the festival was by far the most enjoyable for me.

Aimeht
08-08-2005, 06:40 AM
I've seen them both indoors and outdoors. And both were really good. But I'd say, in Sweden they do much better outdoors. I think it would be much better if they would play at a festival or something. (Hultsfred, for example)

Idiot
08-08-2005, 07:03 AM
Indoor concerts.

Reason: Wembley 2001

notoriousdoc
08-08-2005, 07:08 AM
Festival, definitely. Festivals are always better.

Cerberus
08-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Arena definitely. But I think that small club gig would be the best.

darko
08-08-2005, 12:13 PM
I've seen them at the secc in Glasgow and at Gig on the green.....Have to say everytime I've seem them they've rocked!!

SkyRocker
08-08-2005, 01:11 PM
The videos I saw shows that they're really good in both. Maybe the sound of arenas makes the difference ( Wembley is awesome ) but it's not so significant

nameless
08-08-2005, 03:45 PM
at festivals you get all the problems of being nowhere near the stage and having to watch on the big screens etc.!