PDA

View Full Version : What's an easy Offspring song to play on drums?

Rexisfed
08-08-2005, 12:52 PM
I wanna start playing some real music, not the easy crap like Neocon. Does anyone know what would be a good song to start on?

icklebabygremlin
08-08-2005, 01:12 PM
defy you is easy

Zee
08-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Hmm let me think about it... I'd say The Kids Aren't Alright, pretty simple. They are quite the same all minus S/T, so it's not that exact where to start.

Chris1990
08-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Dirty Magic sounds kinda easy

Tired_Of_You
08-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Gone Away, Come Out & Play, Self Esteem and Amazed I think. I was able to play these songs when I used to play drums and I've never been good. Try them.

Drummerguy123
08-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Self Esteem would be good to start on. It's not too hard. Come Out And Play would be good also. How experienced are you?

Drummerguy123
08-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Gone Away, Come Out & Play, Self Esteem and Amazed I think. I was able to play these songs when I used to play drums and I've never been good. Try them.

Gone Away is really easy to play. If you haven't noticed, the bass drum just repeats:

|o-------o-o-----|

throughout almost the entire song.

Tired_Of_You
08-08-2005, 02:04 PM
I don't know anything about drum tabs. My father showed me how to play and I also learned by myself.

Homer
08-08-2005, 02:16 PM
I started on Defy You, but the tab that you'll find is wrong. I could send you my (right) version by email. Also, I went on to Da Hui (which is a LOT faster than what I started out as) again, that tab was wrong and I fixed it, and then I tabbed Kill The President.

You (anyone) can PM me if the want the fixed version of Defy You.
You can find Da Hui here (http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?path=Drums,t,3218,The+Offspring,D a+Hui,214513)
You can find Kill The President here (http://www.mxtabs.net/tabs.php?path=Drums,t,3218,The+Offspring,Kill+The+ President,192031)

and remember to give those tabs a good rating!

nameless
08-08-2005, 02:44 PM
the first one i learned was why dont you get a job! ive been learning mostly stuff from americana, its not really difficult, its just hard to play at the tempo they play at!

China Boy
08-08-2005, 03:30 PM
I'm not a very experienced Drummer (I only play drums at my friends house, and he lives in Stockholm, which is like Million Miles away from here)

Still, The Meaning Life sounds pretty easy.

And I managed to learn a little (riff?) from The Kids Arent Alright, that song is probably easier than it sounds...

original_prankster
08-08-2005, 03:32 PM
BEheaded is very simple.

So is Intermission. :D

Mota_RG570
08-09-2005, 04:32 AM
you should download Guitar Pro (program which allows you to make midi files)
and than go to www.mysongbook.com and download songs for guitar pro (gp3/gp4 files)
you can see how to play drums there.

Idiot
08-09-2005, 04:47 AM
Who needs tabs to learn drums beats? Let alone Offspring drum beats!

Mota_RG570
08-09-2005, 05:20 AM
Who needs tabs to learn drums beats?

Maybe drummers..... lol
i'm just saying that it's easyer that way

killer_queen
08-09-2005, 05:23 AM
I don't play drums but She's Got Issues sounds easy.

Killboy
08-09-2005, 05:58 AM
well, I'm just a beginner like most of you but... I think Gotta Get Away is easy

calmallamadown
08-09-2005, 06:09 AM
i don't play drums but i reckon i'd be pretty good. ive played drums at school when my friends were practicing and they got well annoyed coz i hadn't played drums before and i could play what they'd be learning for weeks. :p but im gonna stick to playing guitar even though im rubbish. :)

Idiot
08-09-2005, 06:10 AM
Maybe drummers..... lol
i'm just saying that it's easyer that way

I'm a drummer, self-taught, and I've learnt many many drum beats from songs just by listening to them. I've never even looked at drum tabs.

Josh Freese
08-09-2005, 08:19 AM
I can play most of songs... First song i learned was Gotta get away. It's pretty simple and good to practice :)

NDM1
08-09-2005, 09:52 AM
I dont own a drumset or anything i just play when i go to guitar center or my friends house. From what ive picked up the easiest were, gone away, self esteem, gone away, and gotta get away.

Mota_RG570
08-09-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm a drummer, self-taught, and I've learnt many many drum beats from songs just by listening to them. I've never even looked at drum tabs.

Than..... you're talented

Homer
08-09-2005, 02:11 PM

yes but most probably you're wrong then. Because if you just listen and then play, it's harder to get the right thing because you could get mixed up. You need to see the song written down so you can get it the right way.

It also takes more talent to write it down on a tab then just listening, it's more accurate too.

Idiot
08-09-2005, 02:48 PM
I don't agree.

I've learnt songs, like I said, without reading tabs or whatever, and I'm pretty much always right - I can work out the bass drum patterns, the hi-hat/ride/crash patterns, snare rolls etc with no problem - If i'm in doubt I download a live video of the song being performed and look at the drummer.

Idiot
08-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Than..... you're talented

Thanks dude/dudette. ;)

Gayman
08-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Same here....

Gayman
08-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Like in my last post I said that I have the same thing with Idiot...I just listen a song and learn it like that...I think it's not that hard...for me,it doesn't take many times to listen a song and learn it

Homer
08-09-2005, 03:49 PM
I agree that you CAN learn a song from just listening, but, I've tabbed some songs and I'm still finding new things. My point is, that just listening is not AS accurate as reading. I'm not talking about tabs here, I'm going with the overall effect of possibly writing it down yourself and reading while you're playing. It's just more accurate.

Gayman
08-09-2005, 04:00 PM
I agree that you CAN learn a song from just listening, but, I've tabbed some songs and I'm still finding new things. My point is, that just listening is not AS accurate as reading. I'm not talking about tabs here, I'm going with the overall effect of possibly writing it down yourself and reading while you're playing. It's just more accurate.
Well sure, but you don't have to be THAT accurate on drums as on guitar I think. In my opinion drummer can make own variations to the song, not to change the song completily but...you know, play some part little diffirent it sound allmost the same. But if you want to play exactly the same way as the original song goes, go ahead

bd007h
08-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I don't play drums, but I think Mota would probably be an easy song to play. It sounds easy.

AlphaDrake
08-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Gone away, i started playing the beat before I even heard the song

aeh20s
08-10-2005, 12:42 AM
I dont own a drumset or anything i just play when i go to guitar center or my friends house. From what ive picked up the easiest were, gone away, self esteem, gone away, and gotta get away.

hmm, apparently gone away was so easy, he learned it twice without even knowing.

Idiot
08-10-2005, 01:20 AM
Well sure, but you don't have to be THAT accurate on drums as on guitar I think. In my opinion drummer can make own variations to the song, not to change the song completily but...you know, play some part little diffirent it sound allmost the same. But if you want to play exactly the same way as the original song goes, go ahead

I agree. However, you can learn a lot of drum beats exactly the same way as the original just from listening. I have, and I'm not that good a drummer.

Zee
08-10-2005, 02:41 AM
I completely agree that tabs for drums are for nothing... you don't need to get every single hit 100% correct, like calculate "that's 5 hits there, four here", the drumming becomes easily too stiff if you only follow the tabs... just play from listening and be relaxed, it'll sound a lot better. The most important thing is to get the drumming sound kinda airy, which you don't need tabs for.

Idiot
08-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Yep, I agree with that, well said.

However, I do understand that some people aren't too good at working out drum beats just from ear, which is fair enough, and therefore drum tabs are the way to go for them.

People with good hearing, and confidence in playing the beat to the song, usually have no problems learning a bit from listening to the song a few times.

Those who aren't quite as good as hearing a song and working out whats being played, find tabs easier to learn drum beats.

Like you say, as long as the basic beat is the same, and is kept in time throughout the song, nobody is going to notice if its any different to the original song [apart from drummers, ha!]

Satankaban
08-10-2005, 04:14 AM
Amazed
The Kids Arenīt Alright
Gone Away
Gotta get away
Come out and play
Dirty magic
Vultures
Self Esteem
Million Miles Away
Canīt repeat

RobinoZombie
08-10-2005, 04:29 AM
i agree with most of you, drums are pretty easy too figure out how too play, or atleast how they go...

i know a easy one, the drumsolo in long way home:D
atom said it was easy:S

nameless
08-10-2005, 02:58 PM
I completely agree that tabs for drums are for nothing... you don't need to get every single hit 100% correct, like calculate "that's 5 hits there, four here", the drumming becomes easily too stiff if you only follow the tabs... just play from listening and be relaxed, it'll sound a lot better. The most important thing is to get the drumming sound kinda airy, which you don't need tabs for.

when i learn songs i like to get them asbest i can rather than leaving bits and pieces out!

do you guys learn the songs note for note or just get the general feel of the song?!