PDA

View Full Version : Kick Him When He's Down single...

Living in Chaos
08-09-2005, 04:52 AM
I was just then looking up "The Offspring" on that Wikipedia site, and i was looking down in the singles and they listed "Kick Him When He's Down - Ignition - 1995" released as a single. Strange, I thought that there was any singles at all released from Ignition. And they also had One Fine Day in 2000. Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Offspring
Is this true, or what?? Somehow, I don't think so.

ya-ya-ya-ya-ya
08-09-2005, 05:31 AM
Weird.......

China Boy
08-09-2005, 05:34 AM
Bad Habit's a single?
There should be a video for that, that would be awesome, Dexter crashing into other cars :D

Living in Chaos
08-09-2005, 05:38 AM
Bad Habit's a single?
There should be a video for that, that would be awesome, Dexter crashing into other cars :D

hehe, yes that would be awesome. They have also listed Huck It, and Spare Me the Details on there too.

CSX
08-09-2005, 06:02 AM
As far as I know none of these were singles:

Kick him when hes down
Bad Habit
Total immortal (not sure about this one)
One fine day
Huck it
Spare me the details

But Spare me the Details had radioplay in Austrailia, maybe that's a enough to get it classed as a single? So maybe the others all received radio play somewhere in the world?

I also just noticed "#26 UK" by Bad Habit. Was it released in Europe only or something?

Jojan
08-09-2005, 06:06 AM

Kick him when hes down
Bad Habit
Totalimmortal (not sure about this one)
One fine day
Huck it
Spare me the details

But Spare me the Details had radioplay in Austrailia, maybe that's a enough to get it classed as a single? So maybe the others all received radio play somewhere in the world
I think I've seen a Totalimmortal promo somewhere.

Tijs
08-09-2005, 06:50 AM
One of the guys from Offspringcounty.it has a Spare Me The Details promo. I think you can find an image of it somewhere on that site.

Rexisfed
08-09-2005, 09:13 AM
One of the guys from Offspringcounty.it has a Spare Me The Details promo. I think you can find an image of it somewhere on that site.

Bad Habit, Totalimmortal, Kick Him When He's Down, Huck It, Spare Me The Details, and One Fine Day were all singles. KHWHD was released after Smash gained popularity.

Tijs
08-09-2005, 09:15 AM
And the reason for quoting me is...?

BuddyHolly
08-09-2005, 09:15 AM
They were only promo-singles to be played at radiostations. They were not sold at stores or anything like that.

Rexisfed
08-09-2005, 09:18 AM
And the reason for quoting me is...?
quick way to reply

platinumpt
08-09-2005, 10:06 AM
They were only promo-singles to be played at radiostations. They were not sold at stores or anything like that.
... the radio stations of my country definitely suck. I never heard any of those songs there... I just can't imagine "Bad Habit" being played in one of our radios... that'd be incredible..

Mannen som blev en gris
08-09-2005, 10:11 AM
quick way to reply
Oh please! Do you seriously have that little time?

Brines
08-09-2005, 10:45 AM
One of my bros has heard Staring at the Sun on the radio station around here.

offspring_freak_3
08-09-2005, 01:23 PM
about Bad Habit,Totalimmortal,One fine day and Huck it i donīt know but the spare me the details and kick him when heīs down single exists(not sure about the kick him when heīs down single)

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3309/cdsparemethedetails6nr.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/603/cdkickhim8fi.jpg

forever_and_a_day
08-09-2005, 05:14 PM

Kick him when hes down
Bad Habit
Total immortal (not sure about this one)
One fine day
Huck it
Spare me the details

But Spare me the Details had radioplay in Austrailia, maybe that's a enough to get it classed as a single? So maybe the others all received radio play somewhere in the world?

I also just noticed "#26 UK" by Bad Habit. Was it released in Europe only or something?

kick him when he's down, total immortal and spare me the details are the only three that i know for a fact were released to radio stations to play

im not sure bout the other three, research it, i doubt huck it and bad habit were released on radio, one fine day might of been

dain84
08-09-2005, 05:25 PM
kick him when he's down, total immortal and spare me the details are the only three that i know for a fact were released to radio stations to play

im not sure bout the other three, research it, i doubt huck it and bad habit were released on radio, one fine day might of been
Bad Habit was.

Apathy
08-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Spare me the details was a radio single.

Wikipedia is shit, the rest weren't singles. You also realize that they said 95. Ignition was released in 92. Oh yeah, that makes plenty of sense.

They weren't singles, but Radio stations can still play songs by requests. So you may have heard one of the songs weather it was a single or not. I know that's why they kept playing End of the line for a week by my house.

dain84
08-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Spare me the details was a radio single.

Wikipedia is shit, the rest weren't singles. You also realize that they said 95. Ignition was released in 92. Oh yeah, that makes plenty of sense.

They weren't singles, but Radio stations can still play songs by requests. So you may have heard one of the songs weather it was a single or not. I know that's why they kept playing End of the line for a week by my house.
Bad Habit was a single for stations only. Also kick him when he's down was released in '95 because they were trying to keep their songs on the radio for as long as possible. I read on another site that it got to #24 in modern rock charts.