PDA

View Full Version : Gotta get away in the new dvd

OffspringerD@n
08-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Hey ppl!!! Im really happy cause I got the new dvd the other day and it totally kicks ass. well, i was watching the lives performences and Gotta get away seems MUCH better in the that show then in the original one. what do you think?

Gayman
08-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Both sound awsome!

forever_and_a_day
08-09-2005, 04:53 PM
i think they overdubbed some parts of the song, thats why it sounds better, metallica did it with their live shit and purge boxset, at live gigs, bands arnt always perfect so they overdub parts, probably from an other live recording so it makes the band sound perfect

offspring_freak_3
08-09-2005, 05:03 PM
both kicks ass

Gayman
08-09-2005, 05:04 PM
i think they overdubbed some parts of the song, thats why it sounds better, metallica did it with their live shit and purge boxset, at live gigs, bands arnt always perfect so they overdub parts, probably from an other live recording so it makes the band sound perfect
Offspring don't need that!!!! They sound awsome on their own..without those things!!!The sound really depens on sound reproduction....and the live performances that sounds better than other have better sound reproduction...

OffspringerD@n
08-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Im not talking about the effects on the guitars ppl, Its how they sang it that made it better

Gayman
08-09-2005, 05:29 PM
And why do you even compare metallicas live stuff to Offsprings!!! Cause........Metallica sucks!

OffspringerD@n
08-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Attention everyone. I am going to start a new thread and hope you guys help me out and post in it. thanks

China Boy
08-09-2005, 06:20 PM
I don't think they overdub. Can't get my head around you on rove isn't a great performance, if they overdub sometimes, they'd certainly do it with that one.

DarrellOCguy
08-09-2005, 08:15 PM
And why do you even compare metallicas live stuff to Offsprings!!! Cause........Metallica sucks!

i love Offspring more than any band but damn, Metallica does NOT suck. You should spontaneously combust for have saying something SO stupid.

hughesyboy
08-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Yeah! I thought that aswell, I never used to think much of Gotta Get Away, but the live performance is awesome on the dvd :)
Good to see im not the only one thinking like this, nice one dan ;)
The live performances are what make the dvd, they are awesome.

Amazed
08-10-2005, 04:58 AM
I don't think they overdub. Can't get my head around you on rove isn't a great performance, if they overdub sometimes, they'd certainly do it with that one.

Exactly! :cool:

Voodoo
08-10-2005, 08:24 AM
I agree with the sound reproduction thing, of course Television can never reproduce the exact sound that is coming from the amplifiers and P.A.s (remember the TKAA performance on EMA 1999? Just listen to the guitars...), but on that show (I believe you're all talking about "Smash To Splinter") they really scored with that.

Also, the live version sounds more powerful, and Noodles adds some random solos during the song that weren't in the original one.

The thing is that Gotta Get Away is a song that translates very well live, something that doens't happen to every song...Every live performance of it sound way better than the studio version (have you guys checked the Australia '95 version? It's awesome!)...

Anyway, these are my thoughts....Can't wait to get my own Video Collection!! (Amazon says it's arriving on September 14th......Aaaaaaaaaaaah, long wait!!)

C ya all,

Voodoo.

*sits on the bed*
*looks to the wall*
*keeps waiting*

Gayman
08-10-2005, 05:17 PM
i love Offspring more than any band but damn, Metallica does NOT suck. You should spontaneously combust for have saying something SO stupid.
People have opinions...and in my opinion Metallica sucks.

NDM1
08-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Offspring don't need that!!!! They sound awsome on their own..without those things!!!The sound really depens on sound reproduction....and the live performances that sounds better than other have better sound reproduction...

Yeah offspring does sound good live but were only human we all make mistakes. The Offspring isnt going to sound perfect every gig so they quite possibly could have overdubbed it. Neocon brought up the fact that atoms stick BREAKS during the intro but somehow he keeps on playing. Also when noodles does his dives with the whammy bar you can hardly hear him, and hes lead guitar so you should be able to hear him better.

NDM1
08-10-2005, 06:24 PM
People have opinions...and in my opinion Metallica sucks.

What sucks about them?

hughesyboy
08-12-2005, 01:01 AM
Even if it is "overdubbed" it still sounds better than the original album version (which they coulda dubbed or edited or done anything they wanted to)
So i reckon they came up with a better version, dubbed or not.

thecrowe72000
08-12-2005, 06:39 AM
What sucks about them?

NDM1's right, Metallica do own. It's a recognised fact. Especially Enter Sandman. One of the best metal tracks ever.

Not that they're as good as The Offspring, though.

OFFSPR1NGDUDE3
08-12-2005, 11:16 AM

i didnt think the rove perfomance was too bad actually