PDA

View Full Version : Who agrees w/ me?

GBH2
11-17-2004, 01:29 PM
it seems like everyone on this site seems to adore offspring's album "smash".
personally, i think that it's their worst by far (aside from the songs "come out and play" and "not the one") and was a major letdown after "ignition". Anyone agree?

malumboman
11-17-2004, 01:32 PM
no, conspiracy of one was terrible

Subsidal
11-17-2004, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't call it their worst album, but also it's not their best. If you say "worst album" it always sounds so negative, but really, I don't think that Offspring got a bad album. Every one is good in their way, it's just a matter of what sound you like the most ('cause they got different on every album)

Obie2trice
11-17-2004, 01:34 PM
It`s a great album, a classic, but I think they have better albums than Smash. But that`s just my opinion, everybody got his taste of music you know

RonWelty
11-17-2004, 01:36 PM
smash = worst ? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
you gotta be kidding !

smash and ixnay - their best albums ..the only that i don īt like that much - AMERICANA and self titled / but i liked them too ...but a bit less )

Tired_Of_You
11-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Smash is not my favorite album, but I like it, some songs are weak but others like Bad Habit, Gotta Get Away and Come Out And Play are really good. I think Ignition is better, though. And like Subsidal said every album is good in its way.

acgc2002
11-17-2004, 01:38 PM
Hmmm... well, I like all offspring albums... lately I am hooked on the co1... no clue why...
but I heard all many many many times... and I still hear them a lot... haha.. hard!!!!!

GBH2
11-17-2004, 01:40 PM
i just think dexter's vocals weren't as good

Subsidal
11-17-2004, 01:41 PM
I love his vocals on the old albums. They are so.. .. they sound so.. .. damaged, you know? :D

RonWelty
11-17-2004, 01:41 PM
no, conspiracy of one was terrible
itīs not terrible ...itīs just OK !average in the offspring discography !

GBH2
11-17-2004, 01:46 PM
I love his vocals on the old albums. They are so.. .. they sound so.. .. damaged, you know? :D

i'm not talking about their self-titled or ignition (his vocals were fine on those), but on smash they don't sound as good

Subsidal
11-17-2004, 01:48 PM
I know you were talking about Smash. I was too. I count Smash to the old albums, 'cause its release is 10 years ago

malumboman
11-17-2004, 01:55 PM
conspiracy of one was by far their worst cd. it has no songs that compare to any tracks on the first four albums. the first four are by far the best

lousyskater
11-17-2004, 01:58 PM
co1 is my least avorite of the 7 albums they have. smash is by far my favorite.
________
ELECTRIC CIGARETTES (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

Sketch
11-17-2004, 02:26 PM
personally, i think that it's their worst by far (aside from the songs "come out and play" and "not the one") and was a major letdown after "ignition". Anyone agree?

I think you're just trying to be a rebel and go against your true feelings. I bet deep down you LOVE Smash. How can you not? You just woke up one day and said "hey, i'm gonna start some controversy and say that I think Smash is the offsprings worst album, even tho i secretly love it"

:rolleyes:

smileemptysoul44
11-17-2004, 02:54 PM
what the fuck is wrong with you. i can garentee you offspring wouldnt be where they are now if it werent for smash. that is there most liked cd. All thats played on the radio in milwaukee is offspring shit from smash. All of there cds are good. Americana shocked all the i.o.t.h fans but gained alot of fans. all there cds rock but the least good ones are co1 and americana (I still listen to them weekly)

GBH2
11-17-2004, 03:00 PM
I think you're just trying to be a rebel and go against your true feelings. I bet deep down you LOVE Smash. How can you not? You just woke up one day and said "hey, i'm gonna start some controversy and say that I think Smash is the offsprings worst album, even tho i secretly love it"

:rolleyes:

Are you freakin' kidding me?!? last i checked I know what im thinkin

GBH2
11-17-2004, 03:03 PM
what the fuck is wrong with you. i can garentee you offspring wouldnt be where they are now if it werent for smash. that is there most liked cd. All thats played on the radio in milwaukee is offspring shit from smash. All of there cds are good. Americana shocked all the i.o.t.h fans but gained alot of fans. all there cds rock but the least good ones are co1 and americana (I still listen to them weekly)

i understand that. im not saying it's terrible! i still really like it, but comparatively it's not as good as their other albums

Offspring_01
11-17-2004, 05:21 PM
I think smash is their best album. I love it! I think their least best would be Splinter, buts its still awesome. :D

Sketch
11-17-2004, 10:55 PM
Are you freakin' kidding me?!? last i checked I know what im thinkin

Are you sure about that? When was the last time you checked?

joe howell
11-18-2004, 12:22 AM
smash is OK. CO1 was pretty shit bar a few songs. Self titled, ignition and Ixnay all fuckin rock

yummy yummy punkrockgirl
11-29-2004, 06:14 AM
i like the first one the most. the self-titled one.

carmen man
11-29-2004, 06:42 AM
smash is a great album,1st offspring 1 i brought in 95! ixnay i say is there best, after that they went pop-tart! but americana, co1 n splinter stil hav some of there best songs on tho! kids arent alright, want u bad, the noose! come on, they rock
the 1st i feel is their weakest tho! ignition is very underrated too!

---------------------------------------------
carmensucks.co.uk

pOpe
11-29-2004, 07:01 AM
xD!! smash bad?????????? smash is the best album that offspring ever did!! gotta get away, or bad habit, or SELF STEEM are perfect!!! if anyone think that smash is the worst offspring's album he is.... puaj. All the cds are wonderfull, but if there is a cd a little poor is conspiracy of one

SMASH FOREVER
________
Marijuana Strain Index (http://strainindex.com)

viktor
11-29-2004, 09:04 AM
Personally, I think Smash is the better album of offspring. Smash contains good songs like self esteem, nitro, gotta get away, etc....
so, I dont know why you say that smash is the worst album, you gotta be kidding

Titus
11-29-2004, 09:06 AM
I don t have favorite album, all cds are very good, i listen all the time

Floyd the Barber
11-29-2004, 12:43 PM

Nope. I think Smash is definitely one of their best.

Their worst is either Ixnay or Conspiracy of One (I still love both of those, by the way. so no need to gasp in disbelief and ask me "OMFG!!!1! U don't like IxNay??????")

GBH2
11-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Their worst is either Ixnay or Conspiracy of One (I still love both of those, by the way. so no need to gasp in disbelief and ask me "OMFG!!!1! U don't like IxNay??????")

that's what i'm saying! I still love smash, i just like their other albums better

Naz
11-29-2004, 04:05 PM
I like Smash, but Ixnay is my fave, easily :)

greencows12
11-29-2004, 04:47 PM
i just think dexter's vocals weren't as goodno, Dexter sings good, but the worst song the offspring ever mad was denial revisited, although it's fun to sing along with.

OffspringInOz
11-29-2004, 09:55 PM
geez, i dunno what sum of u have been sniffing..(no offence. i guess every1 is entitled to have an opinion...)

Smash is awsum! but i dunno which is best, smash or ixnay.......