PDA

View Full Version : Something that pisses me off inordinately

Sin Studly
08-11-2005, 03:03 AM
Ever get a book from the library, and realise that some old worthless fuckwit with no life has taken the trouble to get out their little pencil and correct its grammar? It irritates the living fuck out of me, to imagine somebody so worthless and pathetic that they correct the grammar in novels, and especially more so because they can usually only find incorrect grammar within the characters dialogue. So basically, they sit around correcting deliberate grammatical errors made for the purpose of being more phonetically realistic. They remind me of people like Jenny, and recently that spellchecking gangsta reminded me of it again.

He doesn't actually annoy me, I find it kinda funny how stupid everybody went over him, but the library book thing... fucking ridiculous.

How many of you have opened a library book to find some loser with no life has corrected shit in it? Probably something I'm alone on, since most of you fuckwits read nothing but comic books and harry potter, and the ones who do read anything worthwhile are more likely to be the type of person who corrects the fucking grammar in the first place.

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-11-2005, 03:05 AM
You're not alone. I once took a Steinbeck novel out from the library (I forget which), and anyone who's read Steinbeck will know that the spelling of the character's dialogue is often changed to show the American Midwest accent, in which all of Steinbeck's novels are set. And some fucking idiot changed them. But not with a pencil, oh no.. with a BLACK BIRO. I was furious.

RXP
08-11-2005, 03:05 AM
Haha I can't imagine you at a library.

What does piss me off is when I get a book out it's all highlighted. I dont' read novels but obviously for uni books it's so fucking annoying when people highlight them. If you wanna highlight a book, buy it you cheap cunt.

neocon58
08-11-2005, 03:06 AM
aboriginals are funny.

TheUnholyNightbringer
aboriginals are funny.

Way to contribute fuck all to anything.

JoY
that -is- horribly annoying & makes me want to rip heads off.

Sin Studly
08-11-2005, 03:07 AM
I hate aboriginals.

RXP
08-11-2005, 03:08 AM
Speaking of our favorite abbo, where is she?

neocon58
08-11-2005, 03:09 AM
I hate aboriginals.

Do you ever find them funny, inhaling large ammounts of petrol, drinking the metho, stumbling around moaning 'Brudda', and smelling like shit?

Sin Studly
08-11-2005, 03:10 AM
They're funnier when there's a locked door, or six or seven tough friends between them and me.

neocon58
08-11-2005, 03:14 AM
They're funnier when there's a locked door, or six or seven tough friends between them and me.

That is true, or they're so wasted they try to hug you instead of gouge your eyes out with the metal screw lid from the petrol container.

Sin Studly
08-11-2005, 03:17 AM
Personally I prefer the attempted eyegouging and the "YOU'RE ON MY LAND, WHITE CUNT!" screaming to them trying to hug you. There is no accurate way to describe how revolting they smell, because even human faeces isn't adequately disgusting enough to be cited in comparison.

My mum said we should print T-shirts that say "It's our land now, boong!" with crossed bayonets over the Aboriginal flag.

I love her.

neocon58
08-11-2005, 03:21 AM
Personally I prefer the attempted eyegouging and the "YOU'RE ON MY LAND, WHITE CUNT!" screaming to them trying to hug you. There is no accurate way to describe how revolting they smell, because even human faeces isn't adequately disgusting enough to be cited in comparison.

Ha, so fucking true!

My mum said we should print T-shirts that say "It's our land now, boong!" with crossed bayonets over the Aboriginal flag.

Thats the best fucking T-shirt idea I've heard of.

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-11-2005, 03:31 AM
I fear we're slipping off-topic.

Sin Studly
08-11-2005, 03:31 AM
My mums a lot like me, except more awesomer.

Thucydides
08-11-2005, 07:12 AM
I would just like to point out that I have never done that.

(Although I did get very annoyed/slightly amused with several typos in Pratchett's first discworld book - I did not correct it though.)

Sin Studly
08-11-2005, 07:37 AM
We're talking about how gross niggers are now, keep up.

ShadowPyro
08-11-2005, 07:40 AM
That pisses the fucking shit out of me.

Sin Studly
08-11-2005, 07:45 AM
Yeah, niggers piss me off too.

JohnnyNemesis
08-11-2005, 08:14 AM
I'm jumping back to the typo thing. I gotta say that it annoys me to no end, and what annoys me more is when those very same people correct typos in DIALOGUE with a smug attitude (as Justin pointed out).

Do you realize how stupid you are if you're correcting deliberate errors created, as Justin said, to be phonetically realistic?!

It reminds me of those fucking idiots who act as if they're too holy to decipher slang (claiming they just don't understand certain terms/phrases), and assume that the user of said slang must be a moron, when the true moron is the person who can't even understand a word by looking at the context it's in. THAT is true idiocy.

Oh fucking hell.

Sin Studly
08-11-2005, 08:17 AM
I love you Ricky. I wanna have your abortions.

JohnnyNemesis
08-11-2005, 08:22 AM
Sounds good to me, lover.

I think I'm gonna repaste that last paragraph anytime I see some pretentious fuck pull that shit again.

Sin Studly
08-11-2005, 08:38 AM
You, me, and the backseat of your car. We'll make all the niggers in the Bronx think you have hydraulics ;)

JohnnyNemesis
08-11-2005, 10:14 AM
You, me, and the backseat of your car. We'll make all the niggers in the Bronx think you have hydraulics ;)

I know an alley where we won't even need a car. Straight up flesh on flesh, boy! ;)

Thucydides
08-11-2005, 10:19 AM
But I love borrowing books where I find marginalia & everything pencilled, not corrections, just thoughts jotted down, it makes the book more alive...

It can be quite nice to find that but only if the following applies:

1) the perpetrator wasn't a complete imbecile who decided to underline practically every single line, or wrote really obvious observations in the margin. If they have some level of intelligence and actually do make decent notes it's nice though.

2) they cannot write in pen! MUST BE PENCIL! only the author should have the authority to write in pen in a book, all others should only write in pencil because they may be wrong or whatever.

the_GoDdEsS
08-11-2005, 12:45 PM
It's especially annoying when people try to correct something whis is supposed to be slang but the idiots don't recognise. Personally I don't really remember getting a book with that since I spent the last five years reading books in English and German only and people here don't correct something that is a foreign language to them ALTHOUGH I have seen some attempted to do that too. Wtf?

willtodeath
08-11-2005, 12:50 PM
I've not seen that since i was at school.
But that sounds pretty coo' dunno if anyones read HP & the HalfBlood Prince, but The HalfBlood prince had writen down illegal spells n' stuff in the margins of a magic book. Which would be cool.....if you where a wizard....
________
Red Head Girl Live (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/redhead-girls/)

Vera
08-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Who the fuck does that?! No one in Finland as far as I know.

The only thing I've seen is on Nancy Drew novels (I was 7, stfu) you'd have someone write "look at page 100!" and then on page 100, it'd say "HAHAHA MADE YOU LOOK!".

..Yeah.

And some underlining for non-fiction books used for study purposes by some student.

Paint_It_Black
08-11-2005, 01:06 PM
It reminds me of those fucking idiots who act as if they're too holy to decipher slang (claiming they just don't understand certain terms/phrases), and assume that the user of said slang must be a moron, when the true moron is the person who can't even understand a word by looking at the context it's in. THAT is true idiocy.

Oh fucking hell.

I can still loathe morons who type solely as if they are sending a mobile phone text message, right?

Oh, and about the books. I used to notice that all the time in my college library, probably because students get used to making notes in books and tend to always have a pen or pencil with them. I haven't very often seen it in a book from a public library.

sKratch
08-11-2005, 01:08 PM
I've not seen that since i was at school.
But that sounds pretty coo' dunno if anyones read HP & the HalfBlood Prince, but The HalfBlood prince had writen down illegal spells n' stuff in the margins of a magic book. Which would be cool.....if you where a wizard....
Are you retarded or just Finnish?
(lolz vera)

willtodeath
08-11-2005, 01:08 PM
w8 a mo m8.
wil c if u r rite bout dat den.

Nope....he's right...ever felt like you'v had a frontal lobotamy...i have.
________
Halfbaked (http://half-baked.com)

willtodeath
08-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Are you retarded or just Finnish?
(lolz vera)

neither....how 'bout you????
________
STARCRAFT 2 REPLAY COOLTYCHO (http://screplays.com)

Vera
08-11-2005, 01:57 PM
sKratch, you should know better than to fuck with a Finn. Not only do we have STDs, we also carry around knives. AT ALL TIMES.

Especially when surfing the internets for curly-haired Americans to kill.

I'd post a picture of me angry but everyone would just find it cute so I won't.

willtodeath
08-11-2005, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't mind, but i'v never fuckin bin to finland....my retarded slang comes from...up neraorooth. Or...The North Of England my good gentleman.
Tea...Crumpets....footie violence...etc
________
Ship sale (http://ship-sale.com/)

Sin Studly
08-11-2005, 10:38 PM
I'd post a picture of me angry but everyone would just find it cute so I won't.

PM me, I'll melt and giggle and promise never to make fun of Finns again. Especially if you have a 15 inch blade between your teeth and a 3 litre jug of that rubbing alcohol you guys drink in one hand.