PDA

View Full Version : Splinter: Explitic Version?

Telekinesis
08-11-2005, 03:28 AM
How can I tell which version of Splinter I have? It still swears and stuff so I'm not sure. I got it in Australia so if it had some sort of sticker on it indicating it, I may have not got it on the Aussie release

notoriousdoc
08-11-2005, 03:50 AM
It's the explicit one then

I think it was only the bastard Americans who got the clean version as well

panzor41
08-11-2005, 04:17 AM
so....does that mean you wanted the clean version?^

notoriousdoc
08-11-2005, 04:25 AM
so....does that mean you wanted the clean version?^
No, I meant that the Americans had to be pretty bastardised to 'cleanse' a record

dalaksta
08-11-2005, 05:35 AM
How can I tell which version of Splinter I have? It still swears and stuff so I'm not sure. I got it in Australia so if it had some sort of sticker on it indicating it, I may have not got it on the Aussie release

You probably got the explicit version. Why do you want the clean version?

ruroken
08-11-2005, 06:17 AM
This is the most idiotic question ever asked.
EASY WAY TO FIND OUT IF YOU HAVE AN "EXPLICIT" CD FOR DUMBASSES:
If nothing's "paused out" (because there's no sound when they erase words) and if "fuck" is said a lot, then it's "explicit"!

Explicit = sexual themes
Fuck = sex, regardless of the way it's used, is still sexual themes in music.

Splejse
08-11-2005, 06:19 AM
What is the difference??? Is it only the little sticker, or are there "Biip" over some bad words??

ruroken
08-11-2005, 06:22 AM
You shitwad, I just told you that it goes " ... " when they erase "fuck"!! You are all stupid as cat shit. I mean, it's so fucking obvious...

notoriousdoc
08-11-2005, 06:26 AM
The 'clean' versions are stupid, it's music dammit! It shouldn't be changed, it just sounds stupid

ruroken
08-11-2005, 06:28 AM
Not really, because some parents don't like swearing, so...it's sometimes better for the clean to exist...but they don't take out everything...only "fuck", and you know it's there, so there's really no differance.

platinumpt
08-11-2005, 07:12 AM
I think the only song in which Dexter swears is on Spare Me The Details, isn't it? He actually says "Goddammit" in Never Gonna Find Me, is that considered swearing? I never knew there were edited versions of Splinter... that sucks massive cock...

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-11-2005, 07:15 AM
You shitwad, I just told you that it goes " ... " when they erase "fuck"!! You are all stupid as cat shit. I mean, it's so fucking obvious...

For FUCK'S SAKE, man, take some Valium.

Mannen som blev en gris
08-11-2005, 09:07 AM
This is the most idiotic question ever asked.
EASY WAY TO FIND OUT IF YOU HAVE AN "EXPLICIT" CD FOR DUMBASSES:
If nothing's "paused out" (because there's no sound when they erase words) and if "fuck" is said a lot, then it's "explicit"!

Explicit = sexual themes
Fuck = sex, regardless of the way it's used, is still sexual themes in music.
..... do you seriously think that? They do it in music videos, but not on the cds.... That would just be stupid.

I think the only song in which Dexter swears is on Spare Me The Details, isn't it? He actually says "Goddammit" in Never Gonna Find Me, is that considered swearing? I never knew there were edited versions of Splinter... that sucks massive cock...
What about Da Hui?

They might have different rules in different countries for what's "explicit" and not.

offspringis the best band
08-11-2005, 09:09 AM
I think the only song in which Dexter swears is on Spare Me The Details, isn't it?

so i take it you haven't heard 'DA HUI'.

ruroken
08-11-2005, 09:28 AM
..... do you seriously think that? They do it in music videos, but not on the cds.... That would just be stupid.

What about Da Hui?

They might have different rules in different countries for what's "explicit" and not.
I KNOW THEY DO, dimfuck. I OWN clean splinter. it was my first cd, because my mom was hella strict...

platinumpt
08-11-2005, 09:45 AM
so i take it you haven't heard 'DA HUI'.
HAHAAHAHAH

Now seriously, I didn't remember, I usually play Splinter till the 6th song and then stop. So I forgot Da Hui, it's a small song...

platinumpt
08-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I KNOW THEY DO, dimfuck. I OWN clean splinter. it was my first cd, because my mom was hella strict...
Shiiiiit. Well, The Offspring cover art doesn't help much too, does it?:D Skulls, fires, and stuff... kinda violent, but I never heard something like what you told us!

China Boy
08-11-2005, 10:09 AM

At least your mom's not worse than mine. My brother bought Does This Look Infected?, and my mom got pissed, because she thought they were satanists because of The Hell Song.

platinumpt
08-11-2005, 10:11 AM
At least your mom's not worse than mine. My brother bought Does This Look Infected?, and my mom got pissed, because she thought they were satanists because of The Hell Song.
Alright, stop joking guys, you almost made me fall off my chair with that one now! ...

China Boy
08-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Alright, stop joking guys, you almost made me fall off my chair with that one now! ...

I'm actually being serious you know.

IdiotOfTheDay
08-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Yeah, there's Spare me the Details, Da Hui, which you've figured out you forgot anyway, but he also says "fuck" in Never Gonna Find Me.

jumppogo
08-11-2005, 03:05 PM
my dad thought i was a satanist once no joke my room got raided by him to see if i hid things :mad: fucking parents i mean do they really think that their children are fucking against them

platinumpt
08-11-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm actually being serious you know.
Yeah, but I laughed a lot anyway!!:D

Telekinesis
08-11-2005, 11:29 PM
You probably got the explicit version. Why do you want the clean version?

Nah, I was just wondering which version I had. I love hearing people swear in songs, dunno why, it just adds more power into the song, plus I love hearing Dexter say 'fuck' ;)

eyeball
08-11-2005, 11:56 PM
explicit records usualy have "Parental Advisory Explicit Content" on them.

Mannen som blev en gris
08-12-2005, 07:29 AM

mine is explict too, there is no such thing as clean versions in sweden =) Stupid USA with all their cencorships, pathetic.
So that's why.....

pretty fly 88
08-12-2005, 08:58 AM
If there's swearing, you have the explicit version. I have the explicit version of Splinter and have never seen a clean one in any store.

OFFSPR1NGDUDE3
08-12-2005, 09:02 AM
i really dont get why its explicit content at all, i mean ixnay says fuck more than splinter does

Rexisfed
08-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Not really, because some parents don't like swearing, so...it's sometimes better for the clean to exist...but they don't take out everything...only "fuck", and you know it's there, so there's really no differance.

But it makes the music sound retarded. And those parents who make a big deal about swearing in music are stupid ass losers who think it's possible to have their kid shielded from swears until age 14. I can't stand listening to censored music, and that's why I'd rather leave the store than buy a censored CD. Whoever invented the concept of censoring music needs to be castrated.

Splinter drops 11 f-bombs...9 in Da Hui, 1 in the bridge of Never Gonna Find me, and 1 in the last verse of Spare Me The Details, just incase anyone was wondering where they are.

wishomie
08-13-2005, 09:09 AM
Then the parents shouldn't like that type of music if they can't handle swear words.

wishomie
08-13-2005, 09:09 AM
i really dont get why its explicit content at all, i mean ixnay says fuck more than splinter does
I don't like that fucking launguage.

platinumpt
08-13-2005, 09:32 AM
My parents don't have much problems with swearing. Neither do I! I love them :cool:

Sam
08-13-2005, 04:21 PM
My parents don't have much problems with swearing. Neither do I! I love them :cool:

hehehehe :cool:

Offspring-Fanatic
08-13-2005, 05:15 PM
i got splinter like a year and a half ago, and so i was 12, and i had to get the clean version

i hate having da hui being blanked out 9 times so i think im going to buy the explicit, then sell my clean one.

and having the goddamnit being blanked out of ... crap i cant think of it well its b4 Lightning Rod

bd007h
08-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Never Gonna Find Me. They probably bleep out the "Fuck your decision" in that song too. I have like 20 PA cds, and no edited cds.

Offspring-Fanatic
08-13-2005, 05:17 PM

thats because the level for explicit was extremely low in 1997, in 2003, it was raised to if it says fuck twice, it gets an explicit rating.

Offspring-Fanatic
08-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Never Gonna Find Me. They probably bleep out the "Fuck your decision" in that song too.

yeah it does

bd007h
08-13-2005, 05:19 PM
I think music censorship is a load of shit. I did a speech in english class this past year about it, and why I'm against it.

Offspring-Fanatic
08-13-2005, 05:22 PM
censorship sucks

its worse then Gigli...and thats pretty bad

bd007h
08-13-2005, 05:23 PM
yeah.

(10 characters)