PDA

View Full Version : Songs you don't want to hear live

Dirty Bertie
08-11-2005, 07:08 AM
OK. You are at the front of the mosh and ready for something good!

What song would make you think "This sucks" if the Offspring start playing it???

I vote for any Green Day cover

platinumpt
08-11-2005, 07:15 AM
I don't know, it'd be easier if the question was about what songs I wanna hear most live...

I don't like very much live covers, so I would be pissed if I heard those... I want them to spend all their time playing THEIR good stuff, not other bands' good stuff...

Dirty Bertie
08-11-2005, 07:20 AM
Good point.

Out of their own material, I'd be really pissed if they played "when you're in prison"

I think that is one of the worst songs I have ever heard by any band...

Aimeht
08-11-2005, 07:23 AM

What song would make you think "This sucks" if the Offspring start playing it???

I agree, I'd not like if they played a Green Day song...

platinumpt
08-11-2005, 07:23 AM
Good point.

Out of their own material, I'd be really pissed if they played "when you're in prison"

HAHA yeah, that'd suck! They actually played the instrumental version of the song in their last tour around Europe, but that was in the end, after they played the last song... and that was cool, it surely sounds great to hear it after all that moshing and stuff, it really felt good... but only in the end, never in the middle!!!!

offspring_freak_3
08-11-2005, 08:10 AM

Good point.

i agree. green day sucks and when you´re in prison is too boring

Thucydides
08-11-2005, 08:12 AM
I hate Pretty Fly but they always play that live so I shall never get my wish. :(

Dirty Bertie
08-11-2005, 08:14 AM
I hate Pretty Fly but they always play that live so I shall never get my wish. :(

especially when Higgins plays the Fly guy on stage.... arrgh

Brines
08-11-2005, 08:16 AM

Basket Case? It's been done.

Thucydides
08-11-2005, 08:18 AM

yeah, so has Stand By Me - ah good old Lennon, I wish they played the Beatles or Lennon more often. :(

Dirty Bertie
08-11-2005, 08:18 AM

Basket case...shit- I hope the crowd started throwing bottles

harrydunn
08-11-2005, 09:34 AM
the worst songs are pretty fly, i choose, why don't you get a job, hit that. they are sucks songs because they playing bad instruments as xylophone or triangle...that is not punk rock as bad habit song hey hey......

Nirushika6789
08-11-2005, 09:36 AM
the worst songs are i choose.

i choose is one of their best songs..in my opinion

Nirushika6789
08-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Basket case...shit- I hope the crowd started throwing bottles
lol and the sweater song was done as well.....i thought they were funny

killer_queen
08-11-2005, 09:40 AM
I love Me And My Old Lady but I don't want to hear it live. I don't think Dexter's voice is good enough for sing that song live.

Nirushika6789
08-11-2005, 09:42 AM
I love Me And My Old Lady but I don't want to hear it live. I don't think Dexter's voice is good enough for sing that song live.
nowthat u say that it would be interesting to hear that live

anyone have it??

NDM1
08-11-2005, 09:44 AM
I would not like to hear the following offspring songs live-
Hit That
When your in prison
me and my old lady
pay the man
dont pick it up
spare me the details

notoriousdoc
08-11-2005, 09:45 AM
the worst songs are pretty fly, i choose, why don't you get a job, hit that. they are sucks songs because they playing bad instruments as xylophone or triangle...that is not punk rock as bad habit song hey hey......
Oi Oi Oi !

platinumpt
08-11-2005, 09:52 AM
I would not like to hear the following offspring songs live-
Hit That
When your in prison
me and my old lady
pay the man
dont pick it up
spare me the details
AHAHA yeah, I agree with most of them... I like Hit Taht, I don't mind hearing it live;)

But Pay the man... fuck, 8 minutes is too much for a song played live... I love that song, but I like fast songs in a concert!

offspring_freak_3
08-11-2005, 09:56 AM
nowthat u say that it would be interesting to hear that live

anyone have it??

i have it ..........

NDM1
08-11-2005, 10:03 AM
AHAHA yeah, I agree with most of them... I like Hit Taht, I don't mind hearing it live;)

But Pay the man... fuck, 8 minutes is too much for a song played live... I love that song, but I like fast songs in a concert!

Yeah think abuot that if they played pay the man you could've heard 2 or maybe 3 other songs instead.

platinumpt
08-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Yeah think abuot that if they played pay the man you could've heard 2 or maybe 3 other songs instead.
Yeah, imagine what I felt at the CO1 tour, when they opened the encore in Lisbon with that song... I almost fell asleep or something... it's a great song to hear at home, I think, I love it... but in a concert I prefer to hear 2 or 3 songs instead of that one... definitely!

bouncingcoles
08-11-2005, 11:35 AM
i dont think there is an offspring song that i would hate to hear live. but if i had to choose a song id choose pretty fly. or original prankster. thank god they arent playing those songs on the warped tour

platinumpt
08-11-2005, 11:59 AM
i dont think there is an offspring song that i would hate to hear live. but if i had to choose a song id choose pretty fly. or original prankster. thank god they arent playing those songs on the warped tour
Amen! Ah fuck, message too short.

thecrowe72000
08-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Being one of the people who likes Hit That, Pretty Fly and Original Prankster, the only song I couldn't stand to hear live would be When You're In Prison.

Hit That and Bad Habit are the two best tracks when played live in my opinion.

Enethy
08-11-2005, 03:35 PM
hey guys!
All Offspring`s songs are at least good and I know only about one I woudn`t like to hear live: GONE AWAY (it`s one of my favourite songs)
I was really sad when I realized that it`s on Greatest hits.

offspring_freak
08-11-2005, 03:42 PM
when you're in prison

ashtray_girl_1
08-11-2005, 03:57 PM
hey guys!
All Offspring`s songs are at least good and I know only about one I woudn`t like to hear live: GONE AWAY (it`s one of my favourite songs)

huh?! :confused:

platinumpt
08-11-2005, 04:01 PM
hey guys!
Hum yeah, you should explain that, it's kinda confusing. Am I missing something...? :confused:

willtodeath
08-11-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm with /\ If you like the song why not like it when its played live???

I mean...the huck it version was mint...
________
perfect tits Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/big-tits/)

nameless
08-11-2005, 04:14 PM
there will always be songs bands play that you dont like or would rather theyd dropped it for something else, the last time i saw the offspring the only one i didnt like was pretty fly, the rest of the set was pretty cool!