PDA

View Full Version : Old punk

Fugitive
11-17-2004, 05:57 PM
How many of you likes some older punk...

The Clash
Sex Pistols
Ramones
The Starnglers
Vice Squad
Dead Kennedys

Your thoughts...

lousyskater
11-17-2004, 06:02 PM
what, no GBH, Exploited, TSOL, or Bad Religion? oh wait nevermind, those are all late 70's punk bands. all the bands i said were early 80's. oh screw it, they're all old punk.

yeah those are some good bands. especially the Dead Kennedy's. i've seen the Sex Pistols live :D .
________
Wellbutrin Lawsuit (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

babycraze{Angie}
11-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Sex Pistols
Ramones
DK (Dead Kennedys)
Bad Religion
Los Ninoes Heroes
Clash
Misfits
what difference does it make? they're all good, u guys probably wouldn't know about Los Ninoes Heroes BUT THEY FUCKIN' KICK ASS! :D :D :D

Betty
11-17-2004, 09:45 PM
Umm...

The DAMNED
Wire
Mission of Burma
Social Distortion

(on top of some of the aforementionned)

lousyskater
11-17-2004, 10:42 PM
Agent Orange is a really good odl school punk band.
________
Live sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Obie2trice
11-18-2004, 02:23 AM
sex-pistols, ramones, the vibrators are cool. I dn`t listen to it much nowadays

MirandaV
11-18-2004, 04:39 AM
I like Aerosmith.

punk_flamingo
11-18-2004, 05:27 AM
Sex Pistols
Ramones
DK (Dead Kennedys)
Bad Religion
Los Ninoes Heroes
Clash
Misfits
what difference does it make? they're all good, u guys probably wouldn't know about Los Ninoes Heroes BUT THEY FUCKIN' KICK ASS! :D :D :D

noiiiiceee choices
the cure were good
the cars
the band who i cant remember thats bugging me that ill remember soon

...and the banshees (cant remember the first one - starts with an S)

most bands from the late 60s early 70s were ace
as were 80s bands

BuddyHolly
11-18-2004, 08:15 AM
Dead Kennedys
Ramones
The Damned
Agent Orange
Iggy Pop & The Stooges
The Clash
UK Subs
Misfits

I hate The Sex Pistols

original_prankster
11-18-2004, 08:27 AM
I like Dead Kennedys best when it comes to old-school punk rock. The Pistols and The Ramones are good too...

too_close_to_see
11-18-2004, 09:07 AM
The Clash
Stiff Little Fingers

Jojan
11-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Mob 47
Anti Cimex
Moderat Likvidation
Dead Kennedys
Ramones
Sex Pistols
Asta Kask

.................................????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????
where is my brain. I know five million old good bands. I've forgott them all!

Vera
11-18-2004, 11:46 AM
The Starnglers
The Stranglers?

fairy call
11-18-2004, 12:45 PM
hmm I like the ramones a lot
and the sex pistols, dead kennedys, the clash, uk subs, vice squad are ok, but I dont listen to them that much
and lousyskater, I also like GBH
And I also love the cure (obviously), and the banshees, but they're not really punk arent they?

Vera
11-19-2004, 04:57 AM
The Cure's first album was definitely punkrock, but after that they moved onto making quite different music (though the first album still sounds like Cure, just not as gothic-influenced).

fairy call
11-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Yeah thats actually true, I haven't heard the whole album yet, but I've heard quite a lot of songs from it. Senventeen seconds was something inbetween punkrock and the more melancholic things the cure have done.
But I don't really think of them as being punkrock, oh well what does the genre matter anyway, they're good.

wheelchairman
11-19-2004, 02:49 PM
The Sex Pistols should be scrached off all your lists.

babycraze{Angie}
11-19-2004, 09:49 PM
The Cure's early and i do mean REAL early stuff like from '79s stuff was serious punk 70s stuff, like Killing An Arab which is a kul song and Boys Don't Cry and the rest of their real early stuff were sum real good punk stuff, but then when they started coming out more in the 80s, they started becoming more in2 the gothic kind of stuff and became more of gothic 80s music. but their latest album is soooooooo good. to me, it's like the very album for depressed ppl which means therefore like me :cool: Pictures Of You will basically remain my fav song of their's. and sum others ummmm.........I Just Want To Be You i think the name of the song is, i dun't know i'll check it up later but i love that song too. a lot of The Cure's stuff is badass, my sister loves them too, she knows more about them then me, Robert Smith, in my best opinion, is basically the best fuckin' poet their ever was, is, and ever will be :D

babycraze{Angie}
11-19-2004, 09:52 PM
noiiiiceee choices
the cure were good
the cars
the band who i cant remember thats bugging me that ill remember soon

most bands from the late 60s early 70s were ace
as were 80s bands

yessssssssssssssss i completely agree with u on The Cure, the other bands ur talking about :confused: i dun't know, but hey, if they kick ass to u, then that's kul and all :D

babycraze{Angie}
11-19-2004, 09:56 PM
and neva 4get about NOFX they kick so much ass, DON'T CALL ME WHITE! DOOOONN'T CALLLLL MEEE WHITE!!! i LOVE that song. hehehehehehehehehe so fuckin' funny, even tho im not a whitie, but i still love it along with Murder The Government, I Wanna Be Your Baby, and sum other stuff too :D

lousyskater
11-20-2004, 04:49 AM
NOFX isn't old punk. they're more revivalist punk like pennywise.
________
KristineCumz live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/KristineCumz)

GBH2
11-20-2004, 08:21 AM
i agree they're not classic punk if they're still putting out albums (most recently 03 or 04, i forgot)

thistissam
11-20-2004, 09:57 AM
WHO GIVES A CRAP ! THEY ALL ROCK SO HARD THAT THEY MAKE PPL SHIT THEY'RE PANTS! ALL OF THEM KICK ASSSSS
and if u say u like
avril lavine, hilary duff, and/or Ashlee simpson I'LL KICK UR ASS SO HARD THAT ...........that..............U WONT HAVE AN ASS WHEN IM FINISHED

fairy call
11-20-2004, 10:16 AM
The Cure's early and i do mean REAL early stuff like from '79s stuff was serious punk 70s stuff, like Killing An Arab which is a kul song and Boys Don't Cry and the rest of their real early stuff were sum real good punk stuff, but then when they started coming out more in the 80s, they started becoming more in2 the gothic kind of stuff and became more of gothic 80s music. but their latest album is soooooooo good. to me, it's like the very album for depressed ppl which means therefore like me :cool: Pictures Of You will basically remain my fav song of their's. and sum others ummmm.........I Just Want To Be You i think the name of the song is, i dun't know i'll check it up later but i love that song too. a lot of The Cure's stuff is badass, my sister loves them too, she knows more about them then me, Robert Smith, in my best opinion, is basically the best fuckin' poet their ever was, is, and ever will be :D

It's called "why cant I be you"
Oh and Robert played with the siouxsie and the banshees for a while, I like them

offspringueuse
11-20-2004, 11:34 AM
The Clash
Sex Pistols
Ramones
The Starnglers
Vice Squad
Dead Kennedys
all this band i like:!!!!

lousyskater
11-20-2004, 11:36 AM
i'm suprised no one has mentioned Black Flag yet.
________
Marijuana Card (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

babycraze{Angie}
11-20-2004, 04:57 PM
It's called "why cant I be you"
Oh and Robert played with the siouxsie and the banshees for a while, I like them

yea i barely remembered last night after i left this site and was laying in my bed but i was too lazy to get my big ass up and quote it, but thanx neway :D

babycraze{Angie}
11-20-2004, 05:03 PM
whom ever likes to hear avril, hilliary duff-beer, and whomever else is a fuckin' idiot, they SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE HILLIARY DUFF-BEER MORE THAN AVRIL!!!!!!!! at least avril HAS sumthing to sing about unlike Miss Wannabe Punk Chick Hilliary Duff-Beer, UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I WANNA FUCKIN' KILL HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to whomever likes her(s) is a fuckin' retarded idiot who needs to get their brains checked IMMEDIATELY!

babycraze{Angie}
11-20-2004, 05:05 PM
and yea ashlee simpson sux too, fuckin' wannbe avril and shit, too many followers, not enough leaders of their own type, THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

acgc2002
11-20-2004, 05:07 PM
I love Sex Pistols and Ramones... very very very much!!!!!

Endymion
11-20-2004, 10:36 PM
um, the germs?

thus, you all fail.

fairy call
11-21-2004, 06:23 AM
Oh yes, I forgot the germs, they're good
and crass, crass is good too

Lullaby
11-21-2004, 06:34 AM
Sex Pistols
dead kennedys
x ray spex
ramones
exploited

BREAK
11-21-2004, 11:41 AM

Siouxsie & The Banshees.

I'm more into post-punk myself.

Little_Miss_1565
11-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Release the motherfucking bats.

BREAK
11-22-2004, 09:19 AM
RRRROOOOWRRRR!!!! BITE!!!!

Damn that horror bat sex vampire cool machine.

lousyskater
11-22-2004, 09:25 AM
um, the germs?

thus, you all fail.
i can't believe i forgot the germs. i have the comkplete anthology CD just sitting there on my desk right in front of my keyboard too.
________
WEB SHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Lithuanian Offspring
11-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Fuckin love them all. They are so cool.

Lithuanian Offspring
11-22-2004, 01:59 PM
I actually bought an original version of The DEad Kennedys first album Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables. And its a vinyl so I haven't listened to it yet. My record thingy player thing is at my grandparents' house. It is so wierd cause I bought it in Minsk. Fucking Minsk! I can't find an original version of the first Offspring album here!!

yummy yummy punkrockgirl
11-29-2004, 08:56 AM
dk and black flag were the best. are op ivy and the descendents considered old?

Master of Puppets
11-29-2004, 02:46 PM
i love older punk, stuff just isnt the same anymore these days....