PDA

View Full Version : Greatest hits

AFI
08-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Its a not bad idea to record greatest hits album, but not like you did it.
Band just record 2 new songs and copy other songs from old albums.
If band record all best songs in acoustic versions it will be VERY cool.
Not many people will buy GH for 1 new song because they have all other songs.

Mannen som blev en gris
08-13-2005, 11:23 AM
a) try to use the search button
b) a lot of people have already bought it (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12378)

wishomie
08-13-2005, 11:26 AM
stop complaining, cock boy.

Black Dragon
08-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Its quite simple, there are all the old songs plus 2 new ones, but I think its better if you buy the Dual Disc, because there you have the video where the guys talk about the old song, and how do they made them. :cool:

Apathy
08-13-2005, 11:33 AM

I would hate that. I hate the sound of Acoustic Guitars. The Only people who I think can pull them off are sublime, they fit right in their songs.

You're right though, The Cd is weak. It's their Greatest Hits Though, Not Their Greatest Songs.

pretty fly 88
08-16-2005, 07:14 PM
I think their greatest hits are their greatest songs. And people who do not have any of the Offspring CDs will want to buy this one. Yeah, they should've included more songs, but it's still a good idea.

dexterisMYman
08-16-2005, 07:17 PM
new members

Little_Miss_1565
08-16-2005, 09:23 PM

What makes you think the greatest hits album was for the fans who have all the albums.

wheaty
08-16-2005, 11:49 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/images/homo.jpg

killboybowerhead
08-17-2005, 12:32 AM
I agree with him, i love the offspring but i didnt shell out that amount of cash. I would buy an acoustic greatest hits. That would be funny atleast with songs like self esteem. But yeah... im not dissing on the greatest hits or the offspring. But any fan who has all 7 albums doesnt need the greatest hits... what he said was true.

dexterisMYman
08-17-2005, 12:39 AM
actually i think the greatest hits was a good idea. now i dont have 2 change cds as much unless i wanna listen to other songs like i choose and kill the president.

bd007h
08-17-2005, 12:42 AM
It's also good for new fans, to introduce them to some of their older stuff.

dalaksta
08-17-2005, 04:32 AM
dude there is only one new song, 'Can't Repeat' unless you count 'Defy You' which was 2001.

Marit
08-17-2005, 04:38 AM
dude there is only one new song, 'Can't Repeat' unless you count 'Defy You' which was 2001.

There is also Next to You.

moshmite
08-17-2005, 09:20 AM
What makes you think the greatest hits album was for the fans who have all the albums.
Yep thats true. I only just started getting into The Offspring and this is gonna be my first album from them. Though I've heard most of the songs on the album of the tinternet.

Hypodermic_89
08-17-2005, 01:01 PM

Do you have any fucking idea what "Greatest Hits" means? Did you expect like 14 new songs on the GH cd??

chloe
08-17-2005, 01:44 PM
i just think the new greatest hits album is the best in the world :D so who agrees with me on that ??? so lets all be happy :D :p :D

ichoose90
08-17-2005, 09:57 PM
I have all the songs on the Greatest Hits album but I still bought it. It's just all the greats on one CD. That couldn't hurt could it? Besides, it's called support for the bands you love ;)

mogs12345
08-17-2005, 10:00 PM
i really like the new greatist hits album i also like there new song cant repeat its a sweet ass song

WebDudette
08-17-2005, 10:02 PM
i just think the new greatest hits album is the best in the world :D so who agrees with me on that ???so lets all be happy:D :p :D
You may have ruined all hopes of anyone liking you with that post.
Anyone important atleast.

WebDudette
08-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Back on topic the DualDisk is a way better value for a dollar more you get a DVD with a bunch of video cometary and stuff thats why I bought it.

P.S. There are so many GH hate threads. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/SystemSloth/save.jpg