PDA

View Full Version : the official NFL thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

Llamas
01-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Wow, I missed that game. I see it was close... Colts have an off day? I think the Colts had a better chance of beating NE than the Chargers do, but that's okay cause I like NE better than the Colts.

TBD
01-13-2008, 05:53 PM
even though my teams are usually underdogs (Red Sox, Fighting Irish, etc).

I think you have the word underdog mixed up with its exact opposite meaning.

Camel Filters
01-13-2008, 06:00 PM
overlooking the giants would be a very foolish thing to do

I'm not overlooking them. The Giants has a great team and is capable of beating the Packers. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Gants pull off the upset.

And overlooking the Chargers would be a very foolish thing to do as well.

Sidewinder
01-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Unless you're the 07-08 Pats.

Camel Filters
01-13-2008, 07:04 PM
I still think the Patriots are a fluke. I don't think they are as good as there record indicates.

TBD
01-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah it's not like they played good teams this year such as the Giants, Cowboys, and Colts.

GBH2
01-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Especially since the Colts won't be there.

Oh, snap!

YEAH!

holy crap. did not see that one coming. wow that is pure awesome.

now i get to rub it in everyone's face tomorrow (i live in indy)

Camel Filters
01-13-2008, 07:15 PM
or the Broncos and the Packers

JohnnyNemesis
01-13-2008, 07:17 PM
If the Pats win the Super Bowl I guarantee people will point out that they didn't go through Indy or Dallas to do it. These people will do so in an attempt to diminish NE's accomplishments, as if they had anything to do with the losses those other teams suffered.

These people will need a new level of idiocy created just for them.

I say this will happen because it's happened before.

GBH2
01-13-2008, 07:17 PM
good god you [camel filters] are a douche. please go kill yourself, in the most painful way possible.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-13-2008, 07:26 PM
I wanted the Giants to win so the Packers would have home-field advantage, and be against an easier team.

But now these Giants scare me. They have so much momentum right now.

As for the Chargers-Pats. San Diego doesn't scare me. Especially against these Patriots.

--
I'm in a predicament. The Packers have been my favorite team until 2006. I want the Patriots to add to their dynasty and have a perfect season. I love LT, and feel bad that he goes nowhere in the playoffs, and want him to have success. Oh, who to cheer for.

I'm definetely rooting for the Patriots against the Chargers because of Brady and perfect season, and the Packers one is a no-brainer, especialy because I hate the Giants.

It's the Super Bowl that will really split me.

Llamas
01-13-2008, 07:33 PM
I get really sick of hearing about NE. I started out the season liking them more than I do now, because there's only so much you can talk about regarding one team. "Hi they won again". It's not even so much that I *hate* the team, it's more that it just gets old.

I also hate how overlooked the Packers have been all year. Their losses to the Bears were full of wtf. The loss to Dallas was a sad game. But I think they're gonna get NY next week. They're on such a rush right now, so much momentum. They've been playing great, plus try watching TV in Wisconsin right now and avoiding the hype for them playing the NFC championship game at Lambeau for the first time since 1997- the last time they won the Super Bowl.

And based on how many games the Patriots barely won this year, I think a Packers/Patriots match up could end up being very interesting, especially if the Packers play like they did against Seattle.

Camel Filters
01-13-2008, 07:37 PM
good god you [camel filters] are a douche. please go kill yourself, in the most painful way possible.

Fuck you. I'm just stating my oppinion. I hate the Patriots and I hope they beat the Chargers by 40 next week so the Packers can demolish them in the Super bowl.

Llamas
01-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I wanted the Giants to win so the Packers would have home-field advantage, and be against an easier team.

But now these Giants scare me. They have so much momentum right now.

As for the Chargers-Pats. San Diego doesn't scare me. Especially against these Patriots.

--
I'm in a predicament. The Packers have been my favorite team until 2006. I want the Patriots to add to their dynasty and have a perfect season. I love LT, and feel bad that he goes nowhere in the playoffs, and want him to have success. Oh, who to cheer for.

I'm definetely rooting for the Patriots against the Chargers because of Brady and perfect season, and the Packers one is a no-brainer, especialy because I hate the Giants.

It's the Super Bowl that will really split me.

I'd be okay with the Patriots winning against the Chargers. I like the Chargers more, but I honestly don't consider them super bowl material this year. They've played some good games, but I think they'd get crushed against the Packers or Giants. At this point, I guess I pretty much just expect it to be the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

But when you talk about the Giants' momentum... yeah, it's huge... but the Packers have an equal if not greater amount of that, especially with the Lambeau advantage. How many games do we lose at Lambeau? :P

If the Pack has only been your favorite team til 2006, who is it now?

TBD
01-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I'll sell you the AIM name Brett Favre for 500 bucks. ASK YOUR FRIENDS SOMEONE WILL WANT IT.

This is the golden era for quarterbacking play in the NFL. These huge numbers being put up on offense are just pretty incredible and unmatched in prior. Even Joe Montana never put up regular season numbers Romo did this year, or Culpepper did a few years back.

JohnnyNemesis
01-13-2008, 07:42 PM
I also hate how overlooked the Packers have been all year.

Overlooked?! The Packers were hyped almost as much as the Pats this year!!! If I read one more "Favre is playing like a youngin' again" article, or see one more "analyst" say "Oh man, Favre has got his confidence back!", I'm gonna fucking kill him. I'm gonna fucking kill Brett Favre just to put an end to the fact that all you hear about the NFL this year besides the Pats win streak is that Favre isn't as old as we thought he was. Fuck. Ing. Shit.

It was bad enough when he had his Clemens-esque retirement thing all over the place. Now everyone's suckin' him off for having such a great year. I'm happy for him too, but the Packers have been unbelievably overhyped this year.

arak0r
01-13-2008, 07:46 PM
How many games do we lose at Lambeau? :P

lost one game at home this year. which happens to be the amount of games the giants have lost on the road this year.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Lions, of course.

But when you talk about the Giants' momentum... yeah, it's huge... but the Packers have an equal if not greater amount of that, especially with the Lambeau advantage. How many games do we lose at Lambeau? :P
Very few.

Overlooked?! The Packers were hyped almost as much as the Pats this year!!!
Though I do agree the Packers were not overlooked, that is a huuuge stretch right there.

the rest
Very true.

JohnnyNemesis
01-13-2008, 08:23 PM
that is a huuuge stretch right there.

Yeah, I exaggerated a bit too much there. Way too much, in fact. But the idea that the Packers have been overlooked is also quite a stretch.

Not Ozymandias
01-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Damn, has it really been 2 whole years since the last humiliating Colts playoff choke? I didn't realize how much I missed it last year until now.

I love how now that he doesn't have to put up with Barber and Shockey's ego-tripping bullshit anymore Eli Manning is playing great. You can engrave their names permanently on the Ewing Theory list now.

Jerry Jones (DO NOT look at him on a high-def TV, trust me) getting clowned on TV, the vaunted Indy secondary getting torched by Billy Volek, Wade Phillips remaining winless in the playoffs, TO crying like a bitch after the game, Dungy going into retirement as the postseason loser he always was, the Colts last game in their little pussy dome appropriately being a playoff choke, countless Cowboys fans nationwide being miserable, Tiki scowling while watching the Giants win without him, Green Bay getting to host a conference championship game...

I'm calling it, this was the best day of football ever.

arak0r
01-13-2008, 11:04 PM
red sox/new england/notre dame fan? i see why everyone thinks youre so awesome

arak0r
01-13-2008, 11:31 PM
http://s2.largeimagehost.com/HL/UXrXFre/27ontheplayclock.gif

SaiKYoU
01-14-2008, 02:31 AM
giants are doing awesome things just cuz one reason, nobody cared about their ofense and the games were prepared to fight their sacks...

i guess Mccarthy is smarter than Wade and Gruden...

and c'mon we're gona play start week with LT, Rivers, Gates, Neal... they're not gonna miss this one...

arak0r
01-14-2008, 07:50 PM
http://xcomputerman.com/%7Eibukun/leev_tony_alone.jpg

Camel Filters
01-14-2008, 08:25 PM

I don't think shes that awesome.

arak0r
01-14-2008, 10:51 PM
yes but you arent everybody, nor anybody. you sir, are a nobody!

Camel Filters
01-15-2008, 04:16 AM
yes but you arent everybody, nor anybody. you sir, are a nobody!

And you're a dumbass who will be cheering for the Chargers in the Superbowl.

JohnnyNemesis
01-15-2008, 07:05 AM

She is unquestionably awesome.

But even you've got to admit that the idea that the Red Sox are/were underdogs is ludicrous. One of the Top 5 payrolls/rabid fanbases in the league year-in/year-out + losing does not = underdog. It = fucking losers (like my Yankees right now, I'll sadly admit). And now the Red Sox are big time winners.

arak0r
01-15-2008, 08:28 PM
well they arent underdogs NOW but id say compared to ny a few years ago they definitely were.

anyway, why the FUCK would i cheer for the chargers in the superbowl? youre such a goddamn fool

JohnnyNemesis
01-15-2008, 10:19 PM
compared to ny a few years ago they definitely were.

Meh, that applies to all of baseball outside of NY too. If we mean a few years ago. But I hear ya.

Camel Filters
01-16-2008, 03:54 AM
anyway, why the FUCK would i cheer for the chargers in the superbowl? youre such a goddamn fool

Because the Chargers will be in the superbowl and I know damn well that you wont be cheering for the Packers.

TBD
01-16-2008, 07:31 AM
You should make a bet with Arakor over that without a spread if you are so confident OMGZ. 1000 dollars.

Llamas
01-16-2008, 10:38 AM
People's constant raving about the Patriots has officially crossed the line for me. I've been talking to people about the NY/GB game this weekend, and several people, when asked who they're rooting for, just said "NE", or said "it doesn't matter who wins that game because neither of them are gonna win the super bowl against the patriots" or some other bullshit like that. It's kind of annoyed me all season, but now it's everywhere, and to the point of obnoxious. I mean, if the Packers lose this weekend, I'll be a little disappointed, but I'll get over and move on within the day. But it's so irritating when people act like a team winning or losing a game is life-altering.

And CF, I have a hard time believing that you are actually so sure the Chargers are going to beat the Patriots. I can understand thinking that they have a chance, or that it'll be a close game. But I get this feeling that you're just trying to push people's buttons here, and don't really believe what you're saying. So please stop it.

I'm sorry. I just woke up and I'm crabby. :)

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2008, 10:42 AM
it's so irritating when people act like a team winning or losing a game is life-altering.

But isn't that kind of the opposite of what the people you're talking about are doing? It sounds like they're dismissing the game entirely, not taking it seriously or thinking it's life-altering at all.

There's absolutely no guarantee that the Patriots will win the Super Bowl. But it's extreeeeeeeemely likely. Should be a fun Pats/Packers matchup (which is what I'm predicting, but we'll see what happens).

Llamas
01-16-2008, 11:09 AM
No, these same people will act like complete bitches if the patriots are to lose. They are acting like this has to happen this way to complete the patriots' undefeated season. They're more dismissing the NFC game, not the Super Bowl itself.

Of course it's very likely the Patriots will win. But it's definitely not a sure thing, since the Patriots did almost lose several games this year (against bad teams much of the time, too), and they haven't played the Packers yet. Also, after the whole year, I imagine the huge motivation and such has worn down. If the Packers win this weekend, they'll be on such a roll because it's much bigger of a game to them than the pats vs. chargers. But yeah, I still think it's more than likely going to be a Patriots win in the super bowl.

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Patriots did almost lose several games this year

Schwaaa?

(against bad teams much of the time, too)

Schwaaaaa?

Two close games against playoff teams (IND, NYG), one against a decent team (PHI), and only one against a bad team (BAL).

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=NE

It's funny what perfection does to perception...

and they haven't played the Packers yet.

A team that actually DID lose to a shitty team, as opposed to just almost... :P (That was completely beside your point though, I realize, so I'm not even holding it against you. I'm only including it for lawlfactor lololol)

Camel Filters
01-16-2008, 11:53 AM
A team that actually DID lose to a shitty team, as opposed to just almost.

FYI, If they Packers didn't play the Bears or the Cowboys this year then they would have been undefeated too.

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2008, 11:55 AM
...okay?

In related news, if I click "Submit Reply", this post will magically appear on your screen.

Llamas
01-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Two close games against playoff teams (IND, NYG), one against a decent team (PHI), and only one against a bad team (BAL).
Okay, well they still almost lost FOUR games. So you can't "Schwaaaa" me saying they almost lost a few games. And I consider phillie with McNabb to be a bad team.

It's funny what perfection does to perception...
undefeated =/= perfection.

A team that actually DID lose to a shitty team, as opposed to just almost... :P (That was completely beside your point though, I realize, so I'm not even holding it against you. I'm only including it for lawlfactor lololol)
Yes? I lol'd the first time they lost to the Bears. I rofl'd the second time. Idiots.

FYI, If they Packers didn't play the Bears or the Cowboys this year then they would have been undefeated too.
Uhhhhh wtf.

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Okay, well they still almost lost FOUR games.

Yeah, but a 12-4 team is usually one of the top seeds of the playoffs. But they went 16-0 instead. I see what you're saying though.

The true mark of a team's dominance is when people feel the need to point out games they almost lost. I'm not singling you out here by any means, because everyone does it, but it's always seriously hilarious how so many other sports arguments hinge on the outcomes of past games and the like... but with an undefeated team, the argument inevitably ends up being "so, okay, if what actually happened, like, by chance, hadn't happened, then we'd have some weaknesses to exploit!"

So you can't "Schwaaaa" me saying they almost lost a few games.

True.

But I can "Schwaaaa" you saying they almost lost "several" games. Which was what you said. Which is not "a few". Which is actually the opposite of "a few". So yeah, now I have to go all bolded Schwaaaa?! now.

And I consider phillie with McNabb to be a bad team.

Gotcha. I'd say they're more "meh" then "bad". Chicago with Grossman on the other hand...

undefeated =/= perfection.

Yeah, but an undefeated regualr season is as close as humanly possible to perfection in regular season play. There is nothing that can come closer to it.

Llamas
01-16-2008, 09:52 PM
But I can "Schwaaaa" you saying they almost lost "several" games. Which was what you said. Which is not "a few". Which is actually the opposite of "a few". So yeah, now I have to go all bolded Schwaaaa?! now.
I think our definitions differ... in my, maybe it's dialect? "a few" and "several" mean "more than 2 but less than roughly 5". They're the same to me, and I've never met anyone who argued that.

Yeah, but an undefeated regualr season is as close as humanly possible to perfection in regular season play. There is nothing that can come closer to it.
I'd say statistics and rankings could have an effect on that.

arak0r
01-16-2008, 09:59 PM
..........i, like randy moss, will not hit a woman :| but goddamn. if they go 19-0 no one is gonna be like zomg they almost lost a game! THEYRE NOT PERFIK~! 19-0 is a perfect record. 19 wins. no losses. there is only one way to get more wins than that (20, to be exact) and thatd be near impossible and just plain retarded, esp with the way scheduling is in the nfl. almost coulda woulda shoulda but didnt lose. keyword there isnt didnt.

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2008, 10:15 PM
I'd say statistics and rankings could have an effect on that.

Minimal. Especially in this case, where Tom Brady and Randy Moss just set all time single season TD records at their respective positions.

lol college sports

Camel Filters
01-17-2008, 03:13 AM
..........i, like randy moss, will not hit a woman :| but goddamn. if they go 19-0 no one is gonna be like zomg they almost lost a game! THEYRE NOT PERFIK~! 19-0 is a perfect record. 19 wins. no losses. there is only one way to get more wins than that (20, to be exact) and thatd be near impossible and just plain retarded, esp with the way scheduling is in the nfl. almost coulda woulda shoulda but didnt lose. keyword there isnt didnt.

Thae Patriots could go 23-0 if they went undefeated in the preseason. SO techniclly there NOT perfect. In fact, they suck more cock then Elton John.

arak0r
01-17-2008, 11:57 AM
uh no. not counting pre-season games idiot :rolleyes:

Camel Filters
01-17-2008, 12:00 PM
well you didn't say anything about not including the preseason. So my point still stands.

Llamas
01-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Wait, now this is just gay. "They're perfect, if you don't count the pre-season!" is just as retarded as "They're perfect, if you don't count they fact that they played the Cowboys and the Bears!"

wtf.

JohnnyNemesis
01-17-2008, 12:16 PM
The preseason does NOT count for any team anywhere ever. The preseason is not part of the regular season. That's the whole reason it exists. It is a series of exhibition games, so it, by definition doesn't count. It's meant to test gameplans, players, etc. For fuck's sake, teams don't even try to win preseason games, but instead focus on getting playing time for as many people as possible, experiment with new things, etc.

Camel Filters
01-17-2008, 01:44 PM
The preseason is not part of the regular season.

yea, neither is the Playoffs so it's impossible for the Patriots to go 19-0.

Sidewinder
01-17-2008, 01:53 PM
So by your logic, Camel Filters, the perfect season is already completed and you can't prevent them from getting it, despite what you've been saying about Green Bay ruining it?

Camel Filters
01-17-2008, 01:59 PM
No!!! It doesn't matter how a team does in the regular season, all that matters is how well they play in the post season. If the Patriots lose to the Packers in the super bowl (and by If I mean if they can get past the Chargers) then the 16-0 regular season will mean absolutly nothing.

JohnnyNemesis
01-17-2008, 02:01 PM
^What Sidewinder said.

Also, the key point is the fact that the preseason games are exhibition games that, again, by definition do not count, while the playoffs do.

Who watches a single sports event of any kind without realizing that preseason victories and losses honestly do not mean anything by any stretch of the imagination? (http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A%20exhibition%20game&sourceid=mozilla2&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8) It's like I'm dealing with bd007h again.

EDIT:

If the Patriots lose to the Packers in the super bowl (and by If I mean if they can get past the Chargers) then the 16-0 regular season will mean absolutly nothing.

Now THIS, I agree with. Well, maybe it won't mean nothing, but 16-0 aint worth much without the Super Bowl. I seriously agree with that.

Camel Filters
01-17-2008, 02:08 PM
^What he said.

Also, the key point is the fact that the preseason games are exhibition games that, again, by definition do not count, while the playoffs do.

How the fuck do the Playoffs count as the regular season? No one ever calls it the regular season. The stats don't get carried over from the regular season.

JohnnyNemesis
01-17-2008, 02:12 PM
My mistake, I wasn't clear. The playoffs do not count as the regular season at all. But the playoffs count as something; they are significant in their own way that is separate from the regular season. The preseason is not significant in any way whatsoever.

Sidewinder
01-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Basically, the preseason is ruled out because it's labeled as "Exhibition," not because it's labeled as "Not Regular Season."

Markus
01-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Tom Brady is the most overrated QB since Joe Montana. I cant wait to see the Pats go down in flames this sunday. LT = TD

Markus
01-17-2008, 07:35 PM
the 1972 dolphins are still the only perfect team in league history.

Markus
01-17-2008, 07:45 PM
And if all you dumbass Patriot bandwagon ball suckers say the regular season is all thats needed to be undefeated to have an undefeated season then the 1934 Chicago Bears can be added to the list of undefeated teams...........however unlike the Dolphins the Bears lost in the championship game.

go pack go

Llamas
01-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Markus, please learn to edit your posts. Three posts was really unnecessary.

I think that pre-season games should be accounted for in "undefeated". To me, the Patriots are not undefeated, and not perfect. They went undefeated in the regular season, which is great and all, but they are not perfect.

Camel Filters
01-17-2008, 08:02 PM
It must be a Wisconsin thing that only people from Wisconsin knows the true meaning of a "perfect" team. And the Patriots are obviously not perfect. GO Wisconsinites.

Sidewinder
01-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Why the fuck should pre-season games matter? They didn't count for the '72 Dolphins, the teams DON'T CARE ABOUT WINNING, losing does NOT hurt them AT ALL, and are for the sole purpose of TESTING. Good lord. It's basically like saying, "Team one's warmup was better than Team two, so Team two no longer has a perfect season."

What the fuck. Seriously.

Markus
01-17-2008, 08:07 PM
ilovellamas, with all due respect who put you in charge? If you are too overwhelmed by reading three of my glorious posts in a row, put me on ignore, until then shut your trap.

The 1972 Dolphins won every single game they played that season, something the Pats cant say about this season because they've already lost in the preseason and wont make it out of the playoffs.

JohnnyNemesis
01-17-2008, 08:10 PM
I think that pre-season games should be accounted for in "undefeated". To me, the Patriots are not undefeated, and not perfect. They went undefeated in the regular season, which is great and all, but they are not perfect.

Holy fucking shit. Just holy shit. Fuck. Holy fuck.

It's basically like saying, "Team one's warmup was better than Team two

Seriously. There is seriously no difference.

EDIT:

NFL:

An exhibition game (also known as an exhibition match, or simply exhibition) is a sporting event in which there is no competitive value of any significant kind to any competitor regardless of the outcome of the competition; quality of play is generally valued over the end result.

Markus
01-17-2008, 08:13 PM
hey Rick hows the ride on the Bandwagon treating ya? Go Pats Go

JohnnyNemesis
01-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Markus: The 1972 Dolphins lost three preseason games, you fucking putz.

And if all you dumbass Patriot bandwagon ball suckers say the regular season is all thats needed to be undefeated to have an undefeated season

Yeah. An undefeated regular season is all that's needed to have an undefeated regular season. What a crazy concept!!!

No one said any different; the only other argument going on is based on the use of the word perfection.

Camel Filters
01-17-2008, 08:22 PM
The 1972 Dolphins lost three preseason games, you fucking putz.

Prove it!!!!

Markus
01-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Rick would the Yanks appreciate it that u are pulling for a Boston team? Or are u down with the Sox now too since they won the series?

Sidewinder
01-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Contrary to popular belief, New England ranges slightly beyond Boston.

JohnnyNemesis
01-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Prove it!!!!

http://www.phins.com/72phins/faq.html

Rick would the Yanks appreciate it that u are pulling for a Boston team? Or are u down with the Sox now too since they won the series?

Nothing you're saying is making any sense, and explaining simple things like "Football and baseball are different sports", "I'm only stating facts", and "you really need to not be so fucking stupid anymore" gets old after awhile.

Markus
01-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Contrary to popular belief, New England ranges slightly beyond Boston.

Contrary to your knowledge, New Englad is a city.....and would not be located in another city such as Boston.

The Pats are still Boston's team. You and your point are worthless.

Markus
01-17-2008, 08:35 PM
saying is making any sense

So Rick u telling me u are gonna keep your Patriot memorabilia in the closet this sunday as you watch them get stompted by the Bolts? If so I call you a arrogant liar cuz I know u will be cheering on the Pats.

Llamas
01-17-2008, 08:35 PM
New Englad is a city.....
wh-wh-whaaaaaaat??

Seriously, are you retarded?

Not Ozymandias
01-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Markus, please learn to edit your posts. Three posts was really unnecessary.

Preseason?! Don't talk about preseason, are you kidding me? Preseason???

Preseason games are universally considered glorified practices to tune up for the regular season, nobody tries hard to win them, the starters don't play as much as they normally would (if at all), stats aren't added to season or career totals and nobody takes them seriously.

The Colts were 0-5 in the preseason 2 years ago because they didn't feel like playing their best players and then they we went 14-2 in the regular season. They understood, the preseason doesn't count. It's a competitive pratice in front of fans to bleed more money out of the season ticket holders.

We're sitting here, and they're supposed to be the best team of all time so far, and we're talking about preseason. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about preseason, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about preseason. Not the game that they go out there and die for and play every game like it's their last but we're talking about preseason man. How silly is that?
Now I know you should try to win at whatever you do be it the preseason or BINGO and all that but we're talking about preseason. We're talking about preseason man. We're talking about preseason. We're talking about preseason. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about preseason. When you come to the stadium, and you see them play, you've seen them play right, you've seen them give everything they've got....but we're talking about preseason right now.
Hey I hear you, it's funny to me too, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about preseason man, we're not even talking about the game, when it actually matters, we're talking about preseason. We're talking about preseason...

TBD
01-17-2008, 09:18 PM
ilovellamas=proof females need to stay out of sports discussions.

arak0r
01-17-2008, 09:45 PM
ilovellamas=proof females need to stay out of sports discussions.

also, wisconsin needs to be firebombed. anyway the only way you could get more than 19 legit wins in a season is if by some crazy miracle 3 teams in the same conference went undefeated, which would require a crazy ass schedule. now that i think about it, itd prolly be impossible due to the way schedules are set up

your own division = 6 games
another div in conf = 4 games
another div out conf = 4 games
the other 2 div winners from previous year you dont play =.. 2 games

couldnt have 3 divisions with an undefeated team right? eventually one would play the other so the most you could have is 2 in a conference.

Llamas
01-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Ricky is the only person in here that I've read whose argument is making any sense. Everyone else (mostly, arakor and notozy) is arguing stuff that everyone already agrees on. The argument isn't over how many games you can win in a season. The argument isn't over what the definition of exhibition is. The argument is over the definition of "perfection". We disagree. Oh, well. I don't really care. It's just fuckin' football. So the rest of you can stop arguing pointless shit that nobody's disagreeing with. Well, maybe camelfilters and markus are disagreeing to be stupid idiots, but I don't know why you'd bother debating with them, anyway.

Personally, I think that any game where points as well as a win-loss record are kept track of, counts toward perfection. If those pre-season games count as much as a warm up, then they should not keep track of the points in the game. But it's fine if you all have different definitions of perfection. And TBD, wtf is up with this shit? Women shouldn't be able to talk about sports because I define perfection differently than you do? Wow.

arak0r
01-18-2008, 03:46 AM
pre-season games are a fucking joke because they are merely exhibitions played for the majority with backup players and people trying to make the team. not starters. go right ahead and argue the pre-season thing with any intelligent sports writer or journalist and just see what kind of reaction you get.

sure majority doesnt always = right, but in this case youre just a damn fool using a flawed and rather absurd argument just to take away from a thus far, amazing and unprecedented season.

fuck, the best team miami played prior to the playoffs in 72, was 8-6. only 14 regular season games. not to mention a colossal moron in mr mercury morris alone sets the dolphins accompllishments far behind new englands if they do indeed go 19-0.

end note: a perfect season for a team would be one unblemished by a regular season or post season loss.

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2008, 04:32 AM
I still refuse to believe what I'm reading here. I'm gonna cry.

Sidewinder
01-18-2008, 04:34 AM
Llamas, you simply can't argue with the English language.

Exhibition game:

noun
an unofficial game played under regular game conditions between professional teams, usually as a part of preseason training or as a fund-raising event.

noun
a game whose outcome is not recorded in the season's standing
Unofficial. Not recorded in season's standings. Etc. The entire nature of the word means that it isn't taken into account.

TBD
01-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Women shouldn't be able to talk about sports because I define perfection differently than you do? Wow.

No because your argument is about as legitimate as someone trying to say the level of play in the WNBA is higher than the NBA. It is THAT dumb. Think about what you're saying in your posts.

Camel Filters
01-18-2008, 10:17 AM
well, The Patriots are about 60 hours away from losing to the Chargers....

Camel Filters
01-18-2008, 10:25 AM
also, wisconsin needs to be firebombed.

Don't get mad at us just because we're going to have a team in the Super bowl.

anyway the only way you could get more than 19 legit wins in a season is if by some crazy miracle 3 teams in the same conference went undefeated, which would require a crazy ass schedule. now that i think about it, itd prolly be impossible due to the way schedules are set up

Your an idiot. No NFL team could ever get more then 16 wins in a season.

Camel Filters
01-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Well, maybe camelfilters and markus are disagreeing to be stupid idiots

Wrong!!! we're disagreeing because we're stating facts.

Camel Filters
01-18-2008, 10:36 AM
fuck, the best team miami played prior to the playoffs in 72, was 8-6. only 14 regular season games. not to mention a colossal moron in mr mercury morris alone sets the dolphins accompllishments far behind new englands if they do indeed go 19-0.

once again, your an idiot...It's impossible for any team to go 19-0. They don't count playoff wins to a coaches overall win/loss record.

end note: a perfect season for a team would be one unblemished by a regular season or post season loss.

yeah, which the Patriots aren't a part of yet and will never be a part of.

Camel Filters
01-18-2008, 11:29 AM
We're sitting here, and they're supposed to be the best team of all time so far, and we're talking about preseason. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about preseason, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about preseason. Not the game that they go out there and die for and play every game like it's their last but we're talking about preseason man. How silly is that?
Now I know you should try to win at whatever you do be it the preseason or BINGO and all that but we're talking about preseason. We're talking about preseason man. We're talking about preseason. We're talking about preseason. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about preseason. When you come to the stadium, and you see them play, you've seen them play right, you've seen them give everything they've got....but we're talking about preseason right now.
Hey I hear you, it's funny to me too, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about preseason man, we're not even talking about the game, when it actually matters, we're talking about preseason. We're talking about preseason...

Actually we're talking about the Patriots sucking.

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Stop the crazy quadruple posts and spam. And don't play dumb either, just fuckin' stop.

arak0r
01-18-2008, 11:34 AM
what i find really funny is them giving ricky shit for cheerin new england to go 19-0.

isnt wisconsin retard a broncos fan? isnt he now cheering for green bay? is it too late to sell wisconsin to canada?

Camel Filters
01-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Stop the crazy quadruple posts and spam. And don't play dumb either, just fuckin' stop.

What does this post have to do with Football? That's right, It doesn't.

Camel Filters
01-18-2008, 11:39 AM
what i find really funny is them giving ricky shit for cheerin new england to go 19-0.

for The last time, It's IMPOSSIBLE for any team to go 19-0

isnt wisconsin retard a broncos fan? isnt he now cheering for green bay? is it too late to sell wisconsin to canada?

And Yes I am A Bronco fan but The Packers are my second favorite team because they are from my home state. SO I actually have a good reason for rooting fot The Packers.

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2008, 11:42 AM
What does this post have to do with Football? That's right, It doesn't.

Seriously, cut it out.

SaiKYoU
01-18-2008, 12:46 PM
haha, that guy is amazing...

Camel Filters
01-18-2008, 01:53 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/wishomie/0mumuvctvbkoi.jpg

Llamas
01-18-2008, 02:51 PM
This is soooo fucking stupid. I'm not going to reiterate my opinions again and again, because it's pointless. Who fucking cares? And camel filters, stop being an idiot.

what is wrong with having a favorite team and a second favorite? Broncos have always been my favorite team since I was little. I became a Packers fan because I live in WI and since the games are always on and talked about, it's a fun social activity to cheer them on. Broncos are my favorite, Packers are second only because of my surroundings. Broncos are obviously not in the playoffs, so I'm cheering for the Packers. How does that not make sense?

GBH2
01-18-2008, 03:14 PM
This is soooo fucking stupid.

^ most sense made in last 6-ish pages.

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm not going to reiterate my opinions again and again, because it's pointless.

No one's asking you to, and no one's asking you to defend yourself either (maybe Sidewinder, come to think of it, but that one's debatable). We're just in genuine collective shock over it, because it really is some unbelievably incredible stuff. Like, one in a million holy shit nightmarish stuff. But it's perfectly normal for more than one user to independently register their disgust over someone's opinion in a thread; it's the nature of public forums. If someone doesn't like it, why air such opinions in the first place? It's happened to all of us, no one's above it, etc etc etc you already know all this.

Anyway, does anyone think the Giants have a chance this weekend? Because I reallllllllly don't.

Llamas
01-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Yeah I mean it's fine that you all disagree with me, but I don't see the point in making SEVERAL posts about it.

And I don't see how it's nightmarishly weird, because two of my friends here with me also disagree that the Patriots could've been considered perfection this year. I don't disagree that their regular season win-loss record was perfect, but they're not a perfect team. If you disagree, that's fine, but I more or less think it's insane that anyone would consider a win-loss record the only factor in making a team perfection.

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Ah, well, that makes three people. Okay?

Seriously though, lemme stop joshin' around. But that argument you're talking about is dead. I doubt anyone truly disagrees hardcore with that, and even if people do, it's easy to see how stats and such at least play a role in the discussion of perfection. That's not the argument at all.

What we're talking about, and why this convo is getting out of hand, is whether the preseason could conceivably count for anything at all by any stretch of anyone's imagination, and the reason there are "SEVERAL" posts about it is because it's just so mindblowingly ridiculous of an idea that more than one person was in shock over it. It's not like people are posting about it over and over again just to be dicks; this is genuine shock.

Besides, I tried to shift the convo elsewhere. But it's not like any of us are gonna be censored no matter how repetitive it comes across.

TBD
01-18-2008, 04:29 PM
I think the Giants will crush the Packers. I have a feeling.

Sidewinder
01-18-2008, 04:51 PM
We're just in genuine collective shock over it, because it really is some unbelievably incredible stuff. Like, one in a million holy shit nightmarish stuff.

Basically.

Anyway, does anyone think the Giants have a chance this weekend? Because I reallllllllly don't.
Basically.

arak0r
01-18-2008, 07:51 PM
of course nyg have a chance. hell, they got blown out by dallas in ny. went into dallas and beat them there. the giants for some reason are a very good road team. if the weather isnt BAD sunday, i think they have a decent chance at it. all depends on which eli shows up

arak0r
01-18-2008, 07:53 PM
oh, and fyi, if they cant go 19-0, then the dolphins didnt go 17-0, and the patriots have already beat their regular season record by two games *shrugs*

Llamas
01-18-2008, 08:09 PM
How cold does it get in NY usually in the winter? It's supposed to be 1F in Green Bay on Sunday. And the game is in the evening, after the sun sets... it's gonna be below 0. It's not supposed to be a snowstorm like the Seattle game, but it is supposed to snow a bit. I think NY might be a bit fucked ;) And I agree with Ricky.

Camel Filters
01-18-2008, 08:18 PM

well no shit they have a chance this weekend. As long as everyone shows up they have a 50% chance of winning. Hell, The Dolphins even had a chance to win all 16 of their games this year.

And The Giants should be the team you're rooting for to win the Super bowl. Not the Patriots. What if it's the Giants and The Patriots in the Super bowl. Who would you want to win?

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2008, 08:23 PM
I guess they do have a chance, but it's really hard for me to take Eli in the cold, especially 'cause he says he hates the cold. NY gets really fuckin' freezing, but I bet it's nothing compared to GB. But the Giants are on such a hot streak, that who am I to talk shit? I dunno.

EDIT: I'm a Jets fan, don't really care about the Giants enough. If they made it, I think it'd be nice to have a Super Bowl in NY, and I might cheer a bit, but I really wouldn't care.

If it's Giants/Chargers, however, make room for me on that bandwagon. Not seriously.

Sidewinder
01-18-2008, 08:23 PM
How cold does it get in NY usually in the winter? It's supposed to be 1F in Green Bay on Sunday. And the game is in the evening, after the sun sets... it's gonna be below 0. It's not supposed to be a snowstorm like the Seattle game, but it is supposed to snow a bit. I think NY might be a bit fucked ;) And I agree with Ricky.
Not nearly as much of an impacting difference as it is with San Diego headed to Boston.

Llamas
01-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Not nearly as much of an impacting difference as it is with San Diego headed to Boston.

Meh, it's considerably above freezing in Boston. It's supposed to be on Sunday, too. It's only been in the mid 50s in San Diego, according to friends who just got back from a week vacation there, plus the Chargers beat the Colts in Indy, which is colder than Boston. I'd say the difference is about equal.

Camel Filters
01-18-2008, 08:52 PM
plus the Chargers beat the Colts in Indy, which is colder than Boston.

yeah, but The Colts also has a dome.

Apathy
01-18-2008, 09:13 PM
I need to move so badly.

arak0r
01-18-2008, 10:40 PM
since when is indy colder than boston? and as previously noted the colts play indoors anyway.. ugh. and yeah greenbay gets cold but new york isnt exactly on the equator either :rolleyes:

temperature shit is overrated for the most part

Llamas
01-18-2008, 10:55 PM
yeah, but The Colts also has a dome.
Ah, didn't know that. Then that point is invalid.

since when is indy colder than boston?
It is, because it's so inland. Landlocked places have much more extreme temperatures.

and as previously noted the colts play indoors anyway.. ugh. and yeah greenbay gets cold but new york isnt exactly on the equator either :rolleyes:
Yeah but I have a feeling that GB is more used to playing in sub-zero weather and in snow than NY. I've heard that the entire city of NYC has shut down in recent years due to a small amount of snow... I kind of assumed that NYC just doesn't get a ton of snow in the winter. Here, the ground has been covered pretty much constantly since the end of November.

temperature shit is overrated for the most part
I greatly disagree.

arak0r
01-19-2008, 01:02 AM
[/URL] oh really?

http://weather.yahoo.com/climo/USIN0305_f.html (http://www.rssweather.com/climate/Indiana/Indianapolis/)
this is indianapolis.

[URL]http://weather.yahoo.com/climo/USMA0146_f.html
this is where the pats play btw

http://weather.yahoo.com/climo/USMA0440_f.html
and this is where i live, on the ocean

fyi, most football players have played in many types of weather. if you talk to THEM and people that have played, the temperature doesnt have that great of an effect, not nearly as much as precipitation does.

Camel Filters
01-19-2008, 04:08 AM
http://www.dailynews.com/ci_7992816?source=rss

Llamas
01-19-2008, 10:16 AM
God, arakor you idiot. You just posted a list of AVERAGE MONTHLY TEMPERATURES, when I said that the difference are the extremes. That's like saying Minneapolis is the same as Vienna, because we have the same average temperature each season... but Vienna sure has never seen -40F, nor have they ever seen +110F in the summer. But our averages would end up looking extremely similar. And now THIS argument has taken a turn for the ridiculous... arguing about temperatures? God.

I enjoyed the article that CF posted.

arak0r
01-19-2008, 01:25 PM
so wait, im an idiot because on average its just as cold if not colder than indy, and stated that you were wrong for saying otherwise? you originally flat out said indy was colder.

anyway, as much as i hate rush limbaugh, this interview made me giggle.

RUSH: Let me ask you another question. I've gotten to know Brady a little bit from golf tournaments.

HUTCHERSON: Yeah.

RUSH: I wouldn't call him a friend, but we've exchanged e-mails back and forth, and I remember on the Saturday of their last game of the year, they're in New York to play the Giants, a Saturday night game.

HUTCHERSON: Right.

RUSH: And I sent an e-mail at ten o'clock in the morning and I said, "What are you doing to while away the hours?" And he said, "Food, film, sleep, and massage," and then he said, "visualizing a pride of lions mauling a Ugandan cub." Now, my point here, I've met some professional athletes, not a whole lot, there are two that stand out. George Brett and Brady are the most focused I have ever met--

JohnnyNemesis
01-19-2008, 01:40 PM
I wish Rush Limbaugh was fucking dead. But that's a story for another thread.

WebDudette
01-19-2008, 02:11 PM
My home team is the Cardinals so yeah... I'm going to jump the Patriots band wagons solely because I want to see an perfect season.

arak0r
01-19-2008, 04:25 PM
I wish Rush Limbaugh was fucking dead. But that's a story for another thread.

true story. hes a cock. i wish there was more ackshun in the political section so i could bitch about romney winning primaries somehow and people dissing obama. oh and why is ron paul such a huge interweb hit, hes a fuckin douchebag.

anyway welcome aboard the pats bandwagon previous poster

Apathy
01-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Coldest NFL cities
Lowest average temperatures in regular-season home games in December/January since the 2000 season.

Team Temperature average
Green Bay Packers 25.90 degrees (F)
Cleveland Browns 34.39
Kansas City Chiefs 35.06
Buffalo Bills 35.94
Pittsburgh Steelers 36.10
Chicago Bears 36.35
Cincinnati Bengals 36.56
New England Patriots 36.85
Source: Elias Sports Bureau

Thought that kind of fit the argument. But as for the whole NY being cold thing, the Giants play in East Rutherford NJ. I am not sure how big of a temperature change there is between those two cities, but it sure isn't listed above.

Camel Filters
01-19-2008, 09:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3201202

This is realistic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3201139

This is so unrealistic

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Okay, so I was at an ice rink today, and a couple TVs were set up around the arena. And I said, "Oh boy, football!", and got a little confused when I saw San Diego and New England playing.

But I still believed it was the playoff game, and was talking playoffs with the rest of the guys there.

And I should have stuck with my first instinct, once I got home and kept seeing headlines that didn't say "Pats Stay Undefeated, Go To Super Bowl", and instead said "Expert Picks Unaminous: "SD at NE".

arak0r
01-20-2008, 03:28 PM
:) so whats up all you pats haters, brady plays like shit, we still win by 9. yes i know lt was out and rivers was hurtin, but did that really have that much of an effect on the game? turner and sproles did fine as did rivers.

GBH2
01-20-2008, 04:24 PM
ha ha ha. FUCK YOU camel filters
----------
good win, nice to see we can play like shit for three quarters and still get it done in the fourth.

JohnnyNemesis
01-20-2008, 05:50 PM
:) so whats up all you pats haters, brady plays like shit, we still win by 9.

They only won by 9! ZOMFG dat = NOT PERFEKTIO!N!bd BDV

djvhcblfdhvc

NSDXcj

JohnnyNemesis
01-20-2008, 06:47 PM
oh and why is ron paul such a huge interweb hit, hes a fuckin douchebag.

Oh, and before I forget: the reason Ron Paul is such a huge interweb hit is because he's a fuckin' douchebag. Sad bit true.

RickyCrack
01-20-2008, 07:03 PM
lol@giants fg kicker - lolollololololololoolololl

Camel Filters
01-20-2008, 07:07 PM
ha ha ha. FUCK YOU camel filters

yea, it must be nice to play against a team when 2 of their best players are out. Just wait till 2 weeks when the Packers gets a hold of the Pats.

JohnnyNemesis
01-20-2008, 07:11 PM
yea, it must be nice to play against a team when 2 of their best players are out.

Something you knew about (or should have known about) even while you were making your claims.

The "FUCK YOU" stands!

Camel Filters
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Fuck Sports. Nothing went my way today. None of my teams ever win the big game. I can't wait till NASCAR season.

arak0r
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
ahahahahahhaahahahhaha FAVRE !

Llamas
01-20-2008, 07:15 PM
I can't believe the Giants are in the super bowl. This is ridiculous.

Hello, Patriots SB ring.

I can now go back to not caring about the NFL, haha.

PS: in the event that I do happen to watch part of the super bowl, go giants! :P

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Man, I'm disappointed, yet unaffected. I thought that field goal was impossible.

I love Brady (Michigan man) and I don't like Eli.

I want 19-0 and yet I'd find it hilarious if Eli Manning ruined the Patriots perfect season and Super Bowl win.

I'm more disappointed about the Super Bowl though. Wow.

Sidewinder
01-20-2008, 07:19 PM
In all honesty the Giants outplayed the Packers more than the score showed, though I was still rooting for the Packers.

Go Brady/Pats! Woo!

JohnnyNemesis
01-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I thought I'd be disappointed in a Giants/Pats SB, but considering what a fucking awesome game these two had in the final week of the Regular Season, this could/should be cool. It should at least be competetive, and I like the whole idea of both teams studying that game in preparation for the Super Bowl.

I'm a Jets fan, not a Giants one, but the New Yorker in me gives a nice nod to the Giants in congratulation.

ahahahahahhaahahahhaha FAVRE !

My sentiments exactly.

Hello, Patriots SB ring.

Wait, what happened to your "the Pats almost lost several games this year" stance? The closest one was against the G-Men!

EDIT: Besides, with the way the Packers played tonight, it looks like they would have been completely fucking decimated by the Patriots. Ugh, that was pathetic.

If Eli and the GMen win the Super Bowl, I think it'll be funny as fuck just so that he could shut all of his haters up. And I'm including myself in that group. Even though I'll be the one gettin' shut the fucked upped, I'll be amused. Also, if this happens, I would live on Tiki Barber's lawn for the next few years and greet him each morning with laughing directly in his face.

But I'd still rather see an undefeated season + playoffs.

Llamas
01-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Wait, what happened to your "the Pats almost lost several games this year" stance? The closest one was against the G-Men!

Yeah, I just thought the packers would have a better chance against the patriots than the giants do. But in the end, I really don't care at all, and there's about a 90% chance I won't even see the game, haha. It was just an instant spur of the moment, annoyed with the Giants claim. :P

JohnnyNemesis
01-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I just thought the packers would have a better chance against the patriots than the giants do.

I thought so too, I honestly did. But with the way they played tonight...sweet Jesus, we were both VERY wrong.

Granted, I'm basing this on maybe one not great GB game, but at least we've seen this year's Giants strongly challenge this particular Patriots team. After what I saw from the Pack tonight, I'm not so sure they would've even had a chance. Meh, who knows.

Llamas
01-20-2008, 07:26 PM
I thought so too, I honestly did. But with the way they played tonight...sweet Jesus, we were both VERY wrong.

Yeah, well the Packers have been such a hot or cold team. When they're on, they kick ass. But when they're not, they play like they did tonight. Time for Brett to retire.

Llamas
01-20-2008, 07:27 PM
By the way:

LOL PEYTON MANNING!!!

offspring_freak_3
01-20-2008, 07:33 PM
fuckin shit the giants won. i has hoping the packers would win the nfc championship.

waiting for feb 3. giants vs patriots.

go pats! :D

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-20-2008, 07:57 PM
EDIT: Besides, with the way the Packers played tonight, it looks like they would have been completely fucking decimated by the Patriots. Ugh, that was pathetic.
Just a heads up, but I'm totally going to quote you. This is something I didn't figure out myself that is very true.

If Eli and the GMen win the Super Bowl, I think it'll be funny as fuck just so that he could shut all of his haters up. And I'm including myself in that group. Even though I'll be the one gettin' shut the fucked upped, I'll be amused. Also, if this happens, I would live on Tiki Barber's lawn for the next few years and greet him each morning with laughing directly in his face.

But I'd still rather see an undefeated season + playoffs.
Same as above + laughs.

And this just confirms something I've noticed for a long time. Your posts, especially sport related ones, can be/are very similar to those of Bill Simmons. I read his latest article literally ten seconds before your post and I could swear Bill Simmons was making updates on that article and got the Offspring Forums mixed up with ESPN.com.

--
I said I'd be saddened by anything less than a Packers-Patriots matchup, but I there's NO way I can miss this Super Bowl.

JohnnyNemesis
01-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Just a heads up, but I'm totally going to quote you. This is something I didn't figure out myself that is very true.

Thanks!

And this just confirms something I've noticed for a long time. Your posts, especially sport related ones, can be/are very similar to those of Bill Simmons.

I'll take that as a great honor, considering how established he is. And I absolutely fucking LOVE Bill Simmons. He's pretty awesome even though he can be a real douche at times.

I think that describes me as well. lolololo.

Markus
01-20-2008, 09:15 PM
And I absolutely fucking LOVE Bill Simmons.

Why dont you just go live in boston with him, How bout them Red Sox......oh wait you are a New Yorker and a "supposed" die hard Yankee fan. HAHAHAHAHA some fan u are.

TBD
01-21-2008, 02:12 AM
I think the Giants will crush the Packers. I have a feeling.

Well not a crush, but was I the only one on the forum to predict a Giants victory?

I predict a Giants victory in the Super Bowl as well.

I am very glad the Packer fans in this thread are very dissapointed.

edit: I love Bill Simmons too especially because of the way he covers my beloved, yet horrendous Clippers.

arak0r
01-21-2008, 02:43 AM
ive only been wrong about one playoff game this year, that was san diego @ indy.

SaiKYoU
01-21-2008, 04:45 AM
brett favre chose a bad day to act as a 38 year old man again...

JohnnyNemesis
01-21-2008, 05:52 AM
Why dont you just go live in boston with him, How bout them Red Sox......oh wait you are a New Yorker and a "supposed" die hard Yankee fan. HAHAHAHAHA some fan u are.

You're a fucking idiot.

GBH2
01-21-2008, 07:28 AM
yea, it must be nice to play against a team when 2 of their best players are out. Just wait till 2 weeks when the Packers gets a hold of the Pats.

DOUBLE ha ha ha fuck you camelfilters

edit: that was a little antagonistic and after the fact, but it still feels good

Llamas
01-21-2008, 10:49 AM
I am very glad the Packer fans in this thread are very dissapointed.

Barely. I'm actually curious as to where I've implied that I'm disappointed, really... I mostly think it's funny and I'm glad that I can now return to my previous state of not caring about the NFL.

Besides, why would it give you pleasure to see people disappointed? That's kinda sick.

Sidewinder
01-21-2008, 11:40 AM
It's not all about you, Brianna.

JohnnyNemesis
01-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Coulda fooled me!

Sidewinder
01-21-2008, 12:30 PM
It's obviously all about me(ve).

But really, I'm pretty sure he meant thing one and thing two mostly, not Brianna specifically.

Llamas
01-21-2008, 01:40 PM
It's obviously all about me(ve).

But really, I'm pretty sure he meant thing one and thing two mostly, not Brianna specifically.

Oh you mean CF and markus? Gotcha, I guess he could've meant that... he should've said that then, though.

JohnnyNemesis
01-21-2008, 01:46 PM
It was pretty obvious.

If anything, you were included, but it's obvious he was talking mostly to the people who were total jerks.

EDIT: Though I gotta admit, the fact that a response to "It's not all about you" includes the implication that TBD should have clarified for your own benefit makes me lawl for some reason.

Markus
01-21-2008, 01:46 PM
You're a fucking idiot.

no you stupid........duuurrrrrrr

Markus
01-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Oh you mean CF and markus? Gotcha, I guess he could've meant that... he should've said that then, though.

Learn how to comprehend, I dont ever recall mentioning anything about the packer giants game.

Go cry yourself back to sleep over the loss.

Llamas
01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
It was pretty obvious.

If anything, you were included, but it's obvious he was talking mostly to the people who were total jerks.
I didn't think so, since he did attempt to insult me earlier in the thread at least once.

EDIT: Though I gotta admit, the fact that a response to "It's not all about you" includes the implication that TBD should have clarified for your own benefit makes me lawl for some reason.
I don't see why... if he said something to all the Packers fans, but wanted to only include certain people, he should've mentioned which people he was talking about.

Learn how to comprehend, I dont ever recall mentioning anything about the packer giants game.
Oh?

go pack go

Go cry yourself back to sleep over the loss.
Learn how to comprehend. I don't care about the loss.

JohnnyNemesis
01-21-2008, 02:10 PM
I didn't think so, since he did attempt to insult me earlier in the thread at least once.

Ah, I see. I could very well be wrong, I'll admit.

I don't see why... if he said something to all the Packers fans, but wanted to only include certain people, he should've mentioned which people he was talking about.

EVERYONE CHANGE THEIR METHOD OF COMMUNICATION TO SUIT MY STANDARDS!!!

Markus
01-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Oh?

go pack go

that proves nothing, I still said nothing about the Packer Giants game (never said who I thought would win) and never said anything remotely implying dissapointment about the game (how could I when I never mentioned anything about the game)

go eat the cunt off your Brett Favre teddy bear.

TBD
01-21-2008, 03:25 PM
iloveilovellamas

JohnnyNemesis
01-22-2008, 10:38 AM
The funniest part is the comments from people who don't realize that this is an obvious joke. (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=patriots/080121)

The second funniest part? The fact that some people have actually tried to use some of those same arguments in real life.

Sidewinder
01-22-2008, 12:58 PM
I knew the Bucs didn't stand a chance this year,
I love how this line just sort of popped up. Made my day.

Giants
Packers
Pats
Pats
Pats
Packers
Packers
PATS!
PACKERS...
Giants!
Bucks.

Wolfbutter
01-22-2008, 04:06 PM
i dont think you should totally give up on the giants. you never know what could happen and saying that new is being a little venstratacious

JohnnyNemesis
01-22-2008, 06:47 PM
I like Bill Simmons because, as I said before, even though he can be an asinine douchebag sometimes, he's just plain awesome other times.

An example of his awesomeness? This absolutely hilarious line:

After Brady's third pick, I kept expecting CBS to cut to a shot of his father in the stands and accidentally show Archie Manning.

Sidewinder
01-25-2008, 04:02 AM
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Atlanta Falcons today announced that Mike Smith has been named the team’s new Head Coach.
Thoughts? I have to say I know next to nothing about the guy. I'll be reading up on him later.

Sidewinder
01-26-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm going to reserve judgment until I see what moves he makes/how the draft turns out.

JohnnyNemesis
01-29-2008, 11:42 AM
lolololololololo (http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2008/01/i-believe-patriots-will-avail-because.html)

Apathy
01-29-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't get it.

JohnnyNemesis
01-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Next !

Sidewinder
01-29-2008, 07:30 PM
O lawd. Black speech + football speech + pretentious speech equals one fowl smelling bowl of blogging bullshit (lol u see the alliteration there?!).

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-30-2008, 01:57 PM
I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K2triiYXSY8

Sidewinder
01-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Fucking brilliant.

arak0r
01-30-2008, 08:39 PM
its crap, ive seen the same exact thing done for several soccer teams and other football teams.

SaiKYoU
01-31-2008, 03:15 AM
that brings up a question... who do you prefer to be...

a Colts/Cowboys/Steerlers/Buccaneers fan¿?!

or a Dolphins/Rams/Ravens/Jets fan¿?!

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Hey, anyone know what color the Patriots are going to sport today? I thought I'd wear blue this morning, but then I remembered the Giants also are red, white, and blue. And I don't have any gray or silver for the helmets, so I'll need to wear exactly what they're wearing.

--
Saikyou, I'm not sure what you're asking, but because I love Steelers and hate the Rams, the first group.

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2008, 11:30 AM
They're the designated home team, so I'm sure they'll be wearing their blues and the Giants will be with their whites.

GBH2
02-03-2008, 05:01 PM
jesus, i could call a better game than josh mcdaniels and/or anyone else who calls the plays.

arak0r
02-03-2008, 06:25 PM
gg, giants have this thing won i think. offensive line has been horrid

Mr. Gepetto
02-03-2008, 07:01 PM
OMG! I seriously just went nuts. GIANTS WIN!!

Sidewinder
02-03-2008, 07:08 PM
What the fuck.

drex878
02-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Wow, offensive line sucked.

And why the fuck didn't belichick go for the field goal in the fucking 2nd quarter?

its bull shit.

bd007h
02-03-2008, 07:34 PM
suck on that arak0r

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2008, 07:43 PM
gg, giants have this thing won i think. offensive line has been horrid

I thought so too, but I think it was more just that the Giants defense was phenomenal. The Patriots played a decent game but were still outplayed generally.

suck on that arak0r

Well, Tom Brady is still one of the Top 30 greatest players of all time, so you should go back to crying over J.P Losman's imminent departure from Buffalo or something.

As for the game, holy shit that was good. Extremely good and very very exciting game. After much deliberation, I wasn't rooting either way tonight... though if I'd had to choose, I'd sorta have wanted to see an undefeated season...

Until I got to my friend's house and he, being from Springfield, Massachusetts went ALL OUT decorating his living room in Boston sports memorabilia for tonight. He had all these Pats and Red Sox DVDs out, two World Series commemorative bats for the BoSox, a bunch of BoSox baseball caps, some Celtics jerseys, and the best/worst part: a Curt Schilling bobblehead strategically placed right next to where I always sit. He even announced before the game that his goal was to make me uncomfortable as possible.

Yeah, I had to either jump on the NYG bandwagon or fucking kill him for doing that. I had no choice but to choose the former.

bd007h
02-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I never even liked J.P. Losman. And I agree Tom Brady is good, but he has always had a good supporting cast to go along with it.

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Sweet goddamn jesus fuck, do we really have to do this again? This is the first year he's even had a decent supporting cast, and it happened to be an amazing one this year. We proved this about 20 times on the first page of this thread alone!

arak0r
02-03-2008, 07:56 PM
well we'd still have to lose it 3 more times in a row before we match buffalos excellency :rolleyes:

IamSam
02-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Why do I find pictures of Tom Brady sulking funny?

Llamas
02-04-2008, 10:26 AM
So I did end up catching the game for the social aspect and free food... and holy shit!!! What an amazing game!

suck on that arak0r
I generally agree. :P

I thought so too, but I think it was more just that the Giants defense was phenomenal. The Patriots played a decent game but were still outplayed generally.
Nah, LoMo played an amaaaaazing game. The rest of the Patriots played okay. Fine maybe I'm a bit biased. ;) But damn, he was great last night. I always gotta cheer for him even when I'm against the team as a whole.

I never even liked J.P. Losman. And I agree Tom Brady is good, but he has always had a good supporting cast to go along with it.
LOL you idiot. Read this thread. Holy shit.

Why do I find pictures of Tom Brady sulking funny?
omg me too. I also loved when they interviewed Belichek. I've always thought he was a giant douche. And then he leaves the field... and then acts like a complete ass in an interview. No, he shouldn't be bright and chipper in an interview, but GOD. There was no "Well, the Giants defense really shone tonight" or any sense of respect for the Giants... just a bunch of being extremely pissy and stupid. I hate that guy. Part of the reason I don't like the Pats. At least he was dressed a LITTLE better for this game... usually he looks like a bum who snuck in.

I was so impressed with Eli, and the Giants defense last night. Eli threw some amazing passes, and that play where he broke the sack and completed that insane pass... I was so impressed. And all those Brady sacks. Holy shit! They were so damn good last night.

I will dare say it. I might be glad that the Packers didn't make the Super Bowl. As much as I love them and Brett, I don't know for sure they would've won because they're so hot and cold. It was great to see the Giants win this one. Holy shit, best super bowl ever.

JohnnyNemesis
02-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Word word word. But let's be real. The Packers would have been destroyed. That's not a knock on them, either.

Llamas
02-04-2008, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't go that far... I also thought the Giants were gonna be destroyed yesterday. But I also have a lot of faith in the Packers.

SaiKYoU
02-04-2008, 11:05 AM
the perfect loss

WebDudette
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Got deleted last night.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/SystemSloth/1202094661841.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
02-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Oh man, as if things couldn't get worse for him! (http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/03/if-walsh-has-video-belichick-done-for-a-year/)

Wolfbutter
02-04-2008, 04:05 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ2yK5C9Ae4)

JohnnyNemesis
02-04-2008, 04:09 PM
To be fair, that was taken completely out of context. Tom Brady actually said that BOTH teams would score more than 17 points and he was actually a helluva lot more hubmle than Burress was (Brady predicted a 3-point victory over the Giants with both teams scoring a bunch, while Burress predicted a 6-point victory). In fact, Brady suggested the Giants might score more than 40. (I think he predicted 45-42, Pats).

Sorry to kill the mood, I've just been having to explain that all day.

Wolfbutter
02-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Oh, I didn't know that. I still think it's really funny, given the current situation. Espcially when it shows the Giants got 17 points. lawl

And I never understood how you can predict scores. That is just messed up.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Hey, was anyone else waiting for Eli's helmet to pop off only to reveal it was actually Peyton the whole time? I don't know how Eli made it back on the field from his box in time to except his award. They don't tint those boxes for nothing.

--
4rl, though, I'm on the Eli bandwagon now. I think he's a completely different player and person now.

Llamas
02-04-2008, 04:29 PM
You know, I'd heard stuff about Belichek cheating before... didn't know how true it was. So I'm not surprised to hear about him having video of the Rams' practice. I hate shit like that... it leaves me with sad thoughts like, great, the Pats were 18-0 in the season, but where else did they cheat then?

Wolfbutter
02-04-2008, 04:31 PM
I've been hearing several reports about them cheating earlier this season, and in previous Super Bowls. Infact, in the Super Bowl last night, the in-game clock was stopped because of interference with some Patriots camera equipment.

JohnnyNemesis
02-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I think the chance that they cheated this season AFTER week 1 is slim to none, and I'm being generous by even including "slim". They got caught and paid dearly for it, and it's completely illogical (to me) to think that they'd cheat again in the same season because it was such a huge (and neverending/constantly mentioned) media story that the security on that sort of thing was super high all year long. The risk outweighed the potential gain.

Apathy
02-04-2008, 07:52 PM
To be fair, that was taken completely out of context. Tom Brady actually said that BOTH teams would score more than 17 points and he was actually a helluva lot more hubmle than Burress was (Brady predicted a 3-point victory over the Giants with both teams scoring a bunch, while Burress predicted a 6-point victory). In fact, Brady suggested the Giants might score more than 40. (I think he predicted 45-42, Pats).

Sorry to kill the mood, I've just been having to explain that all day.

sorta. He actually says that's what he wishes Plaxico would have predicted, because that would mean he didn't struggle on offense. He himself says that he doesn't predict games, something he learned early in his career.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkZUyqgQ6as&feature=related

The exact quote is "I wish he said 45-42 or something like that, at least could have given us credit for scoring a few points"

arak0r
02-04-2008, 08:04 PM
fyi there is no proof yet, just rumors that this jackass has some tapes. all he has ever said is he has something that MAY be damaging, and note he had been with the patriots PRIOR to belichick being head coach. just more bullshit.

as for the suck on it comments, plz. both of you are pathetic.

arak0r
02-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Infact, in the Super Bowl last night, the in-game clock was stopped because of interference with some Patriots camera equipment.

and just what the fuck is this?

cnn news flash: the average sports fan in the U.S. = retarded.

i dont think i need to point out who im referring to with that comment

SaiKYoU
02-05-2008, 03:22 AM
about the MVP, am i the only one who thinks manning doesn't deserve it¿?!

i mean, with that low-scoring game, a defender should have been elected, and i voted for TUCK, who sacked brady twice and forced 2 fumbles!

Sidewinder
02-05-2008, 04:18 AM
Oh yeah, definitely. I already assumed Tuck or some D-lineman got it. Manning, what the fuck? He completed what, 50-60% of the passes? Granted that's still really good given the circumstances, and with no INTs, but still. This was a defensively saved team.

JohnnyNemesis
02-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Yeah, Tuck not getting it was a frickin' travesty. I guess the whole Eli winning the MVP award thing was too crazy too pass up, so he got them votes.

Llamas
02-05-2008, 09:56 AM
I agree Manning should not have gotten MVP... but I generally think that QBs are very often overrated for a team. I understand they have a very big and pivotal role, and are on the field for every offensive play. But sometimes I get annoyed with people referring to a team by the QB's name or something. I know it's not fully comparable, but American football is the only sport people do that with. It's just annoying as hell. Manning played great, but he didn't deserve MVP of that game.

Was Tuck that defender that was crazy and I swore was some sort of superhuman monster? If so, then yes, he totally deserved it!

Wolfbutter
02-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Manning drove his team down the field 80 yards when it mattered. I agree the defense was awesome, but nobody really stuck out as much as Manning did.

I'm sure the other players don't care, because they won a Super Bowl.

JohnnyNemesis
02-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Bullshit. The story of the game was the dominating defense by the Giants for 4 straight quarters, not one offensive drive. That claim has more to do with the bias people have and attention people give to the offense while overlooking how the defense dominated the game.

GBH2
02-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Bullshit. The story of the game was the dominating defense by the Giants for 4 straight quarters, not one offensive drive. That claim has more to do with the bias people have and attention people give to the offense while overlooking how the defense dominated the game.

wow. before i even read your post that was exactly what i was going to say.

that's right wolfbutter, you're full of shit. there would have been no 80 yard drive if not for a horrible drop by asante and an inexcusably terrible play by not sacking manning before he miraculously got away and threw the single luckiest pass in super bowl history.

like what has been said, the story of the game was the giants d-line raping the patriots o-line.

Markus
02-05-2008, 12:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/alphablue/a1mz9c.gif

Suck on this Rick.

JohnnyNemesis
02-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Sweet goddamn fuck, I AM NOT A PATRIOTS FAN I SIMPLY RESPECT THE TEAM HOLY SHIT SHUT UP!

There are plenty of Pats fans in the thread to mock. Why go after the one person who isn't, and only gets annoyed, rather than mad, at your bullshit?

Actually, to be honest, it doesn't bother me no matter what team you think I like. It's more just your general retardation and goddamned stupidity that's really, reallllly annoying.

Markus
02-05-2008, 12:46 PM
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3392/90559264bx2.gif

Drink up Rick, u tasteless tasteless fan

Markus
02-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Sweet goddamn fuck, I AM NOT A PATRIOTS FAN I SIMPLY RESPECT THE TEAM HOLY SHIT SHUT UP!

There are plenty of Pats fans in the thread to mock. Why go after the one who only gets annoyed, rather than mad, at your bullshit?

Actually, to be honest, it doesn't bother me no matter what team you think I like. It's more just your general retardation and goddamned stupidity that's really, reallllly annoying.

Just because u respect a team doesnt mean u cheer for them in the superbowl.

Answer me this Rick, do u respect the Red Sox???

JohnnyNemesis
02-05-2008, 12:50 PM
You are fucking retarded. So, I won't be answering or acknowledging any more of your posts in this thread unless they make sense.

Wolfbutter
02-05-2008, 01:45 PM

Yes, but the entire defense was outstanding. You can only give the MVP award to one person. If they can't give it to everyone on the defense, they might as well do the next best thing and give it to Eli, who certaintly did shine. Who would you give it to on the defense?

JohnnyNemesis
02-05-2008, 01:47 PM
If they can't give it to everyone on the defense, they might as well do the next best thing and give it to Eli, who certaintly did shine. Who would you give it to on the defense?

Tuck, like I already said. You know, the person who was absolutely phenomenal for the defense on Sunday.

SaiKYoU
02-05-2008, 03:18 PM
if fan vote would count less, Tuck would have been MVP... but it's easier to click on the Qb when you open the ballot...

Sidewinder
02-05-2008, 04:05 PM
If you have someone who can limit Tom Brady's numbers, he deserves the MVP. Plain and simple.

arak0r
02-05-2008, 08:42 PM
mvp should be matt light. seriously. :rolleyes:

JohnnyNemesis
02-05-2008, 08:49 PM
I lol'd. Well done.

Llamas
02-05-2008, 10:25 PM
The thing is, the Giants didn't score very many points. 17 points? That's nothing. Every time the Giants' offense gave up the ball to the Patriots, we were ALL soooo worried. "You can't give the Patriots the ball- they're GOING to score!" Without Tuck and the rest of the defense, those 17 measly points the Giants scored would've meant NOTHING against the 30-40some points the Patriots would've had. The point is that the offense scored some points, but the defense HAD to keep the Patriots line back so they wouldn't totally dominate those 17 points. The Patriots only scoring 14 points in a game?? The lowest they scored during the season was 20... and their average was something like 36 points a game. They only scored FOURTEEN in that game. Had the game been extremely high-scoring, with a victory by the Giants 62-52 or something, then I could be swayed to pick Manning as MVP... but this was very clearly won by the defense.

SaiKYoU
02-06-2008, 08:27 AM
yep, none of the defenders had game-winning numbers cause of th rotations, and the same with the 2 runninbacks, so mannning statics are the most impresive... but giving the MVP to tuck would have been a prize to the whole defense...

and watching a QB winning the MVp is not funny... hell, was the Bucs superbowl victorty the last one with a defensive player elected mvp¿? that's a lot of time...

JohnnyNemesis
02-06-2008, 08:35 AM
shitting all over manning.

You implied this in your last post too, bu wtf? That hasn't happened at ALL in the last few pages.

JohnnyNemesis
02-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Ah. Well, you're completely wrong.

As it relates to the people in this thread, I mean. As it relates to the media, you'd probably be right. But yeah, 100% wrong here. There's no bias against Eli in the thread.

Llamas
02-06-2008, 10:24 AM
I like Eli Manning WAYYYYY more than Tom Brady. Eli Manning was part of the reason I wanted a Giants win (there were a million reasons, but that was one of them). Had Brady been MVP, I would've been pissed that it wasn't LoMo. :P So there's at least one person who is not biased against Manning here. I actually like the guy.

Coactum
02-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Liking someone more than the others is biased...

XYlophonetreeZ
02-06-2008, 12:08 PM
If the Patriots had won then I think Brady probably would have gotten MVP, but Welker would have deserved it.

But yeah, I agree that Tuck should have been MVP. The Giants' defense won that game for them, so I think someone from the defense should have gotten it. And Tuck had the best game.

arak0r
02-06-2008, 08:06 PM
to those that argue manning should have won because he had 200 yards passing. hate to tell you but that really isnt fantastic. you stick brady back there or any other even half decent qb and theyd have done the same or maybe better. eli is a competent qb, and he isnt the worst qb to win a superbowl, but he didnt deserve the mvp. tbh, neither did peyton last year

JohnnyNemesis
02-06-2008, 08:10 PM
tbh, neither did peyton last year

Joseph Addai!!!

JohnnyNemesis
02-06-2008, 10:55 PM
He was on Sunday.

arak0r
02-06-2008, 11:32 PM
This is Most VALUABLE Player. You can't argue Tuck is more valuable than Manning.
yes you fucking CAN. goddamn. example best defense ever plays best defensive game ever. offense scores 1 td. final score is say 24-14. does the qb get mvp just because hes quarterback? or say rb just because hes the rb? thats fucking bullshit.

most valuable player = person who did the MOST to change or affect the outcome of the game. manning was NOT that person. i dont recall even during the game anyone saying manning was having a great game.
fuck it, brady had better numbers than manning as well, even with the pressure he was getting. only reason manning had a chance to be the winning qb was because of the play of their defensive line.

NYG: E. Manning (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6760) 19-34, 255 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT
NE: T. Brady (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5228) 29-48, 266 yds, 1 TD

IamSam
02-06-2008, 11:56 PM
yes you fucking CAN. goddamn. example best defense ever plays best defensive game ever. offense scores 1 td. final score is say 24-14. does the qb get mvp just because hes quarterback? or say rb just because hes the rb? thats fucking bullshit.

most valuable player = person who did the MOST to change or affect the outcome of the game. manning was NOT that person. i dont recall even during the game anyone saying manning was having a great game.
fuck it, brady had better numbers than manning as well, even with the pressure he was getting. only reason manning had a chance to be the winning qb was because of the play of their defensive line.

NYG: E. Manning (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6760) 19-34, 255 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT
NE: T. Brady (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5228) 29-48, 266 yds, 1 TD

One could argue that Manning did do just as much if not more to help his team. Say that a lesser QB would have been running the Giants offense. Do you think that they could have mounted that last drive? Wasn't it the Giants defense that yielded the touchdown that forced the Giants last game saving drive?

I think what it is, above all else, is shock factor. Who really believed that Eli could lead the Giants down the field and score the go ahead with little time remaining? I'll be honest, I didn't. I was amazed by his composure, his elusiveness, and his accuracy on that last drive. It's that last drive and nail pounding TD pass to Burress into the Patriots coffin that sealed Manning as MVP. True, Tuck was a force, but without Manning's final performance it would have been for naught.

JohnnyNemesis
02-07-2008, 12:49 AM
True, Tuck was a force, but without Manning's final performance it would have been for naught.

True, Manning's final drive was awesome, but without Tuck's performance throughout the entire goddamned game, it would have been for naught.

It's easy to take the dramatic approach, but without that defense, what was a miracle drive would've ended up being a meaningless TD thrown in garbage time of a blowout. The defense, including Tuck, made a 17-14 game out of what could easily have been a 35-17 game if they don't manhandle the Patriots O-Line the way they did.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not surprised that Eli got the MVP. It's often the QB, or RB, or whoever, and I can accept it. But that doesn't mean that more critical people who actually think about it for more than a few seconds can't see past that and realize that there are other possibilities here.

EDIT: I don't mean to accuse you of "not thinking" about it. That was more a jab at sports media and most sports fans, not you.

Also, I don't think (anymore) that Eli was undeserving. Just that Tuck or perhaps another member of the defense deserved it more.

Markus
02-07-2008, 08:21 AM
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5531/shaqphxvc9hk6.png

Jesus Christ
02-07-2008, 01:43 PM
It doesn't really matter which way you put it: someone on the defense truly deserved the MVP. But, how can you really pass up the opportunity for back-to-back MVP with brothers? Eli certainly is contendable for it, but I do agree that the defense is what really made the game great and exciting. I just think the only reason Eli got it was for the brothers thing.

Jesus Christ
02-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Yes. And the single most valuable player was on the defense. I don't know them all, but it had to be one of them. The best one on the defense, perhaps? And I never said being Peyton's brother had anything to do with his performance, it was just with the award.

JohnnyNemesis
02-08-2008, 09:29 AM
You guys are all really, really stupid. I give up, I can't keep repeating myself.

lol cry moar.

Oh, speaking of crying:

http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2008/02/patriots-fans-feel-robbed-want-black.html (http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2008/02/patriots-fans-feel-robbed-want-black.html)

Superdope
02-08-2008, 11:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRcjJgfwnyM

Jesus Christ
02-08-2008, 12:04 PM
lol cry moar.

Oh, speaking of crying:

http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2008/02/patriots-fans-feel-robbed-want-black.html (http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2008/02/patriots-fans-feel-robbed-want-black.html)

I seriously can't believe people like that exist. Somebody kill me. I really don't understand how they were "juped" at 1:40. What happened?

Sidewinder
02-09-2008, 09:49 PM
1163. Matt Walsh I am filming all of you signing this.

FUCKING AMAZING.

Other gems:

1177. T Kennedy The Er Eh... Pats were er eh robbed.

1294. hines ward prease lepray superbewrr. praxico is tarr leceivel but i win superbewrr without him! i hate praxico! he no make me smerre.

SaiKYoU
02-10-2008, 06:41 AM
5824. Bill Belichick's wife you don't expect me to blow Bill after that fiasco, do you?

she's right...

Llamas
02-10-2008, 11:42 AM
I seriously can't believe people like that exist. Somebody kill me. I really don't understand how they were "juped" at 1:40. What happened?

I looked it up... apparently, "after Jacobs made the 4th down run, the clocked stopped--some confusion over whether to measure or not. They didn't measure, awarded the first down, and it took a while to start the clock.
Somewhere around the 8 minute mark, there was a play run where the clock didn't move at all."

So.... now I'm confused. This stuff gave the Patriots MORE time to play and counter the Giants' touchdown, didn't it?? So... if they hadn't stopped the clock those two times, the Patriots would've had, what, 20 seconds LESS to try to score? Or do I have something messed up here...

JohnnyNemesis
02-10-2008, 11:52 AM
If that's true, I think their beef is that the clock being fucked up affects the integrity of the game, no matter who it benefits.

The whole thing is still stupid as fuck though.

Not Ozymandias
02-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I just realized that I don't like football and that I was mistaken when I thought I did.
Isn't that veird?

Llamas
02-10-2008, 11:59 AM
If that's true, I think their beef is that the clock being fucked up affects the integrity of the game, no matter who it benefits.

The whole thing is still stupid as fuck though.

A lot of people in the petition said that the Pats would've won if not for that. That the last 1:40 should be replayed so we can know who the real winner was.

194. Erik Frenz I don't know much about the rules of the NFL but as a Patriots fan if this is true I feel cheated. If this is true there should seriously be a replay of the last 1:40 of the Super Bowl. I didn't bet on it myself, but a lot of people lost or gained a lot of money on this game and the real outcome deserves to be known.

968. Though we did get ripped off 1:40. That kinda sucked. You know? I mean with that extra time and all, we could have won it.

JohnnyNemesis
02-10-2008, 12:03 PM
I gave them too much credit then. Holy shit, so fuckin' stupid these people are.

arak0r
02-10-2008, 12:09 PM
So.... now I'm confused. This stuff gave the Patriots MORE time to play and counter the Giants' touchdown, didn't it?? So... if they hadn't stopped the clock those two times, the Patriots would've had, what, 20 seconds LESS to try to score? Or do I have something messed up here...

if the time wasnt stopped, it would have possibly run out on the giants BEFORE they scored the td. anything could have happened. not sure if i buy the whole thing or not, not gonna bother watching that shit again just to see if they have a legit reason to whine or not.

anyone acting like any other fanbase wouldnt be just as pissy about something like this is on crack

Llamas
02-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Uhhh... I don't think that any fanbase would make a petition about it, no. People who live in Boston and like Boston teams agree that Boston fans have the highest number of loud obnoxious idiots, and further that with saying that it's kinda like that in New England in general. It's not like all the fans are like that, but they're much more nasty and competitive. And it's not like they're the only fans like that, but saying any fanbase would've done it is a far cry. There are probably some other fanbases who would've whined about such useless shit like this, but most wouldn't.

Not Ozymandias
02-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Uhhh... I don't think that any fanbase would make a petition about it, no. People who live in Boston and like Boston teams agree that Boston fans have the highest number of loud obnoxious idiots, and further that with saying that it's kinda like that in New England in general. It's not like all the fans are like that, but they're much more nasty and competitive. And it's not like they're the only fans like that, but saying any fanbase would've done it is a far cry. There are probably some other fanbases who would've whined about such useless shit like this, but most wouldn't.
O RLY? (http://www.gopetition.com/online/9622.html)

There's a million other similarly moronic ones out there if you bother to search (something that one does to become informed so they don't make assholes out of themselves publicly).

Llamas
02-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I did not claim that they don't exist, so your point is invalid. Plus that's from St. Louis? Obviously people in St. Louis are just idiots. It doesn't even matter if they're sports fans or not!

Llamas
02-10-2008, 10:06 PM
llamas, you seriously gonna tell me that Boston fans are more obnoxious than NY fans. Just stop making arguments. They may sound coherant, but that doesn't make them true.

Due to the fact that I never said anything about NY fans being less obnoxious than anyone, I'm not even going to bother dealing with you.