PDA

View Full Version : the official NFL thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

bd007h
08-13-2005, 05:56 PM
The NFL pre-season has started. Talk about your favorite teams, predictions, and anything else NFL related here.

GO BILLS!!!!

Chris1990
08-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Titans forever!!

bd007h
08-13-2005, 06:27 PM
If the Patriots win again, I'm going to lose my respect for the NFL. Tom Brady is a fucking cry baby.

kickass0987654321
08-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Go Raiders!

bd007h
08-13-2005, 06:36 PM
in a game against the bills last year, London Fletcher barely even touched him, and he complained to the ref. for a roughing the passer call. What a load of shit.

kickass0987654321
08-13-2005, 06:41 PM
the Broncos are better then the raiders.
The raiders are better.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 06:43 PM
The Bills are better than both of them :p

bd007h
08-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Big deal. Crybabys are guys who get paid 8 million and holdout untill they get 9 million.

Like Terrell Owens

bd007h
08-13-2005, 06:56 PM
EDIT: and don't act like your a better team than San Diego. Unless LT gets injured they've got the division crown easily.

as long as Drew Brees isn't a fluke

bd007h
08-13-2005, 07:00 PM
yeah, Phil Rivers, but he barely has any experience in a regular season game.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 07:00 PM
By the way, I got Madden NFL 2006 within 15 minutes of it's release :D

kickass0987654321
08-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Some dude on the san diego chargers lives in my neighborhood and is selling his house for $3,449,000. My mom and I decided to go look at it and it was obviously really nice.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 07:04 PM
cool.

The Bills are winning 7-3 against the colts right now. Lauvale Sape blocked a punt and recovered it in the end zone. It was originally ruled a safety, because he lost the ball in the end zone, but the Bills challenged it, and after the review, it was determined that his knee was down in the endzone before he lost the ball, so it was then ruled as a touchdown.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 07:06 PM
It's pretty cool. I had Madden 05, but I traded it in to put as downpayment for Madden 06. I would definitely suggest getting Madden 06. What system do you have?

bd007h
08-13-2005, 07:13 PM
those old bucs jerseys are ugly. I have a Bills Doug Flutie jersey, and a Bledsoe Bills Jersey. I want to get a Losman jersey or a McGahee jersey now.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 07:18 PM
I borrowed Madden 04 from my cousin for several months, so I know what it was like, and I definitely think Madden 06 is better.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Madden is unrealistic. You should try a game like ESPN 2k5

Madden has the exclusive NFL rights now, There will be no ESPN 2k6.

Madden 06 is probaby better than 2k5

bd007h
08-13-2005, 07:20 PM
It's still

Bills - 7
Colts - 3

bd007h
08-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Bills - 10
Colts - 3

bd007h
08-13-2005, 07:49 PM
TOUCHDOWN!!! 7 yard pass from J.P. Losman to Lee Evans. Extra point is good.

Bills - 17
Colts - 3

27 seconds left in the first half

Apathy
08-13-2005, 08:32 PM
anybody signed up for fantasy football?

I am, Can't wait for the real season to start.

I used to be a falcons fan, but as soon as they got Michael Vick they gained thousands of brainless idiots as fans who overate him a lot. Now I just like players instead of whole teams.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah, The Bills should get Peerless Price back :D

Who do you think is better? McNabb or Vick? They both are great, but I prefer McNabb, and not just because he's from Syracuse.

Apathy
08-13-2005, 08:46 PM
I was slow to like Mike Vick. I value pocket presence, throwing power/accuracy, and play awareness more than anything in a QB. NOT scrambling ability. I thought he was just a RB who didn't make it and started throwing. But come on, watch a game and you'll see he MAKES the fucking plays happen. It's not there, he rolls out and earns better yards per carry than an RB. He creates pocket time, he throws off entire defensive schemes, and he actually has the afore mentioned qualities of a qb, which as he ages will only improve. That team was nothing. Give them vick and suddenly they had a great offense. Give them a mediocre D and suddenly they're in the fucking NFC championship game.

My only dissapointment with Vick is he doesn't use Peerless Price. Crumpler(kind of oddly, being a TE) lead the team in receptions. I know Dunn/Duckett use a lot of plays and they're good players to pass to too, but Price could be a pro bowler if they used him. He only caught like 48 passes last year.

And yes, I'm signed up for fantasy football. Never done it, always thought it was dorky, kind of embarassed, but yes, I'm signed up. I use ESPN FF.

Vick is good, just extremely overated by almost everyone i know.

Also, I thought Fantasy football was dorky too at first, but It's actually very fun, and you can win money depending on who you play with. I won last year.

edit: what do you think of Runningbacks this year? LaDanian #1 obviously, but after that it's some combination of Willis Mcgahee, Preist Holmes, and Shaun Alexander. Can't really decide.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 08:47 PM
dammit, Touchdown Colts

Bills - 17
Colts - 10

Turbonegro
08-13-2005, 08:52 PM
W00t! Go Bucs! I hope they do better this season.
It'd be nice to see less penalties, last year they were awful about penalties.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 09:12 PM
If the Patriots win again, I'm going to lose my respect for the NFL. Tom Brady is a fucking cry baby.
Crying because you're happy at being the best QB in football hardly makes the great man a baby.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 09:14 PM
best QB in football my ass. That either goes to Donovan McNabb or Peyton Manning

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 09:15 PM
in a game against the bills last year, London Fletcher barely even touched him, and he complained to the ref. for a roughing the passer call. What a load of shit.
Are you Tom Brady? Do you know what it felt like for Fletcher to hit him on that play? If not, then keep your bitch mouth shut and stop whining about your petty grudge a year later.
He's played with seperated shoulders. He's the polar opposite of a cry-baby.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 09:15 PM
the Broncos are better then the raiders.
And Kansas City is better than both of them. Bong.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 09:17 PM
If it weren't for that Dallas player injuring Drew Bledsoe for the season a couple years ago, Tom Brady would still be a nobody.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 09:19 PM
best QB in football my ass. That either goes to Donovan McNabb or Peyton Manning
Are you fucking serious? Did you actually watch the playoffs last year where Peyton Manning led his offense to 3 points (and even those 3 were a gift because New England's safety dropped an INT) after throwing 53 TDs in 15 1/2 games that year? Did you see McNabb throw 4 INTs in the biggest game of his life? Neither guy is even in the conversation until they stop choking in the biggest games of the year.
Brady is their daddy. And yours. Especially yours.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 09:20 PM
It's not Tom Brady's fault he has 4 of the best wide receivers in the league to bail him out.

Panzerfaust92
Damn you, Rex Grossman for getting injured again. If you hadn't gone down, the Bears might actually have a chance this year.

bd007h
If it weren't for that Dallas player injuring Drew Bledsoe for the season a couple years ago, Tom Brady would still be a nobody.

must quote and bump, because it's the truth.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Are you fucking serious? Did you actually watch the playoffs last year where Peyton Manning led his offense to 3 points (and even those 3 were a gift because New England's safety dropped an INT) after throwing 53 TDs in 15 1/2 games that year? Did you see McNabb throw 4 INTs in the biggest game of his life? Neither guy is even in the conversation until they stop choking in the biggest games of the year.
Brady is their daddy. And yours. Especially yours.

every QB has bad games, Tom Brady is just a lucky piece of shit.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 09:22 PM
If it weren't for that Dallas player injuring Drew Bledsoe and injuring for the season a couple years ago, Tom Brady would still be a nobody.
Bull-fucking-shit, Brady went from being 4th-string QB to 2nd-string in ONE whole training camp. Bledsoe, as I shouldn't have to tell a Bills fan, was getting worse every year as Brady kept getting better. Brady would've been starting-QB in '02 or even sooner with the way that both he and Bledose were playing respectively. So he'd have only 2 rings right now instead of 3.

But it's fun to pretend otherwise, no?

P.S. Mo Lewis (Bledsoe-injurer and hero to Patriots fans everywhere) was a linebacker for the Jets.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Bull-fucking-shit, Brady went from being 4th-string QB to 2nd-string in ONE whole training camp. Bledsoe, as I shouldn't have to tell a Bills fan, was getting worse every year as Brady kept getting better. Brady would've been starting-QB in '02 or even sooner with the way that both he and Bledose were playing respectively. So he'd have only 2 rings right now instead of 3.

But it's fun to pretend otherwise, no?

P.S. Mo Lewis (Bledsoe-injurer and hero to Patriots fans everywhere) was a linebacker for the Jets.

whatever, I didn't watch the game, because I'm not a Patriots fan. I didn't see what happened.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 09:26 PM
every QB has bad games, Tom Brady is just a lucky piece of shit.
That's some luck. Tell me, why does he always get lucky in playoff games? That's 8 times now, and yet to be unlucky (in terms of his actual performance, I won't count the game he got hurt on a Pittsburgh cheap shot) when it matters most. If that's luck then he should play the lottery because he'd probably win 5 times.

What you meant to say was: "Every QB has bad playoff games - except for Tom Brady, who, though I'm insanely jealous that's he's not on my team, I must admit is the best QB in football."

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 09:27 PM
whatever, I didn't watch the game, because I'm not a Patriots fan. I didn't see what happened.
What happened was the better QB got the chance to start - though in the end it was somewhat moot because he would've been starting within a year anyway. :)

bd007h
08-13-2005, 09:29 PM
Seriousy, Tom Brady is the most overrated player in the NFL, he's not that great. He's good, but he's not great. He just has a good supporting cast that makes him look good.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 09:31 PM
It's not Tom Brady's fault he has 4 of the best wide receivers in the league to bail him out.
Bitch, you be trippin'. I wish it weren't true, but nobody on this team would be considered to be among the best receivers in football by anyone except a Brady detractor looks to downplay his brilliant performance and accomplishments despite playing with ZERO Pro-Bowlers on offense. Read that last sentence again. Not a single one of his receivers has ever gone to the Pro Bowl, and (aside from Troy Brown in '01) none has deserved to.

Four best. THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW YET WHO THEIR TOP 4 ARE FOR THIS YEAR, MOTHERFUCKER!!

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Seriousy, Tom Brady is the most overrated player in the NFL, he's not that great. He's good, but he's not great. He just has a good supporting cast that makes him look good.
You mean like that stellar running game he had for his first 3 years? Or all those great Pro Bowl receivers he's had for all 4? Or the great defense he had in '02 when they tied for first place in the division?

Oh wait, nyuk-nyuk, he hasn't had ANY of those things while he carried his offense on his back for 3 years before Dillion got there.

But thanks for playing.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 09:38 PM
GO BILLS!!!!

Go Broncos

Go Raiders!
You gents do realize that the players likely don't read these boards and, thus, your telling them to, "Go", is likely in vain, no?

BTW, It's beautiful that the one person in this thread on my Ignore List is a Raiders fan. Great job of collecting the intellectual elite of society to root for your team, Al. :)

bd007h
08-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Well, Troy Brown, Deion Branch, David Givens, David Terrell are all good receivers.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 09:45 PM
I think the patriots will win. Again.The bucs aren't looking bad, except that they probably have the worst line in football right now, so Cadillac and Clayton or not, were looking at another 5-11 season.
I agree with your first prediction. New England is better at every single position this year except Linebacker, and they aren't THAT much worse there. Certainly no worse than they were last year at corner-back, or the year before at running-back.

I know next to nothing about the NFC, but I think even if the Bucs are good I can't see them getting past Atlanta and Carolina, unless Vick gets hurt and Carolina gets as horribly unlucky with injuries as they did last year. Cadillac will probably be the best rookie RB of the year on the bright side.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Well, Troy Brown, Deion Branch, David Givens, David Terrell are all good receivers.
As a matter of fact, David Terrell is NOT a good receiver, that's why Chicago released him instead of trading him. He may become one with the help of the best QB in football (who made Terrell look great when they were both at Michigan), but to say he's good is a horrible misrepresentation. So far he's an NFL bust.
Troy Brown is over the hill. As much as I hate to admit that about The Quintessential Patriot, it's true. He's a fine go-to receiver (few are better at that), but he's no #1 or #2 unless someone gets hurt.
Branch showed last year in the playoffs that you didnt watch that he's one of the most under-rated offensive players in the league. He could end up becoming one of the elite WR in the game, but he was hurt much of last year. Brady had to win many games without him. And he did. Just as he won without him and Givens in '01.
This is NOT an elite receiving crew. It might become one (Branch-Givens could become the best 1-2 in football someday) but they're not there yet. There's many guys better than any one of them at the moment.
For example, the Colts' #2 receiver (Wayne) would easily be the #1 on this team.

The one constant is Brady. He makes them all better, and he's been doing it from the first game he ever started (44 points scored by New England, one week after they scored 3 with Bledsoe).

bd007h
08-13-2005, 09:56 PM
Final:

Bills - 17
Colts - 10

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Final:

Bills - 17
Colts - 10
If one of your linebackers broke Manning's leg I'll kiss you.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 10:00 PM
well, I guess I'm in luck. Peyton only played 3 downs, so he didn't get injured. I wouldn't want to be kissed by you, since you're a guy.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 10:08 PM
The raiders don't have Jake Plummer or Ron Dayne (former Badger). Which makes the Broncos better.
The fact that they don't have Dayne is actually a point in the Radiers favor.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 10:12 PM
As a matter of fact, David Terrell is NOT a good receiver, that's why Chicago released him instead of trading him. He may become one with the help of the best QB in football (who made Terrell look great when they were both at Michigan), but to say he's good is a horrible misrepresentation. So far he's an NFL bust.

I made a mistake, I was thinking of David Patten.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 10:15 PM
I expect big things from the Broncos This year.
Don't. They stupidly got 4 defensive lineman from Cleveland, and they're all useless. They still have no one good at QB and a great running game system can only take you so far without a top QB (Pittsburgh says, "Hi"). It's not a coincidence they haven't won a playoff game since Elway retired. Without a good-to-great QB you're going nowhere unless you have an all-time great D (and I'm talking Chicago in '85 or Baltimore in' 00 great). And Denver does not.
I'd advise you not to expect too much aside from a winning record (maybe). They'll still be better than Oakland, however.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 10:19 PM
those old bucs jerseys are ugly. I have a Bills Doug Flutie jersey, and a Bledsoe Bills Jersey. I want to get a Losman jersey or a McGahee jersey now.
Get the McGahee one. Losman can go still either go way at this point, McGahee is a better bet. You don't want to be stuck with the jersey of a shitty player (*nods towards your last jersey*).

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 10:21 PM
I made a mistake, I was thinking of David Patten.
Ah. Well, Patten was terrific, the unheralded link in the offense. But he never did anything without Brady throwing to him. It's fair to assume that none of these guys would be considered much at this point in their careers without Brady.

EDIT: He's in Washington now, TTIG.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 10:24 PM
anybody signed up for fantasy football?
No. Fantasy football is gayer than sex between men. It's D&D without the creativity.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 10:26 PM
I was slow to like Mike Vick. I value pocket presence, throwing power/accuracy, and play awareness more than anything in a QB. NOT scrambling ability. I thought he was just a RB who didn't make it and started throwing. But come on, watch a game and you'll see he MAKES the fucking plays happen. It's not there, he rolls out and earns better yards per carry than an RB. He creates pocket time, he throws off entire defensive schemes, and he actually has the afore mentioned qualities of a qb, which as he ages will only improve. That team was nothing. Give them vick and suddenly they had a great offense. Give them a mediocre D and suddenly they're in the fucking NFC championship game.

My only dissapointment with Vick is he doesn't use Peerless Price. Crumpler(kind of oddly, being a TE) lead the team in receptions. I know Dunn/Duckett use a lot of plays and they're good players to pass to too, but Price could be a pro bowler if they used him. He only caught like 48 passes last year.

And yes, I'm signed up for fantasy football. Never done it, always thought it was dorky, kind of embarassed, but yes, I'm signed up. I use ESPN FF.
I was slow on the Vick uptake as well. At some point though, you have to overlook his shitty arm and recognize that his team is very good with him and shit without him. That can't be a coincidence after 3 years. The fucker simply knows how to lead his O to a win, passing accuracy be damned.
I can only shrug.

arak0r
08-13-2005, 10:27 PM
only people making sense in this thread so far are TTiG, and Ozy. id say in general manning could be considered better, but when you hit playoff time, id rather have brady :p

theyre gonna be either 14-2 or 13-3 this year. realistically, someone could beat the pats. but honestly, there isnt ONE team im afraid of in the nfl with the way the pats are. their offense looked great last night, i really liked how cassel played. i wanna see how brady does as well with belichick running the offense. should be fine.

a friend at work said itd be interesting if flutie retired after this year, and become the offensive coordinator

arak0r
08-13-2005, 10:28 PM
ozy was making sense TILL that last comment. teams spaz when they play vick, when its obvious how you stop him. (see tampa bay)

arak0r
08-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Put Derrick Brooks, the best linebacker in the NFL opposite Rice.

werd. i <3 my black derrick brooks jersey. tampa has always been my #2 team :\ (in every sports league i usually pick one team to follow from the "other" conference to keep myself busy, as otherwise i completely ignore them) my grandparents lived near tampa bay, i remember the summer they changed to the new unis. so sexy. i love the third jersey, dunno if they ever wear it in games. hah.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 10:58 PM
The patriots offense, IMO:

Tom Brady: 2nd best. That's right, Peyton's better. Brady's great, and has the ability to do better, but overall, Peyton has unparalelled vision on the field.

Corey Dillion: For years the Pats had everything but a running game. This guy can do 1500 easy, and can slide into the Edgerring James role, of being overshadowed so much by the passing game nobody sees him coming.

Recievers:
Brown-What ozy said
Branch-What ozy said. They're #1 guy.
Givens-I was never impressed much, and I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his roster spot. Like most number 3's, he catches the ball when given to him
Terrell-I don't see him going anywhere but down. Good reciever, might want to look elsewhere
Patten-does he still play for them? He was good in the few games I saw with him
Bethel Johnson-Possibly the fastest guy in that division. They should really give him the ball more. I've seen him beat good corners on simple fly routs with SPEED ALONE. Too bad he came into the league at 24 years old. That'd make him 26 now. Still, he's a weapon, and he's so fucking fast they never see him coming.

TE: Daniel Graham might be the most underrated TE. He's got decent speed, I don't see him make bad blocks, he's young, and I've never seen him drop a ball. I'm sure he has, just never seen it. It's also interesting seeing Vrabel, a mediocre LB, make catches like a top 20 TE.

O line, I don't know much about. But they're top 10 easy.

Long story short, the offense doesn't have a weakness. It has some of the best players at each position, except for WR, but together as a unit the recievers do well anyway.
Dude, Peyton? C'mon, just say Vick or Green are better. Peyton??!!! Better at what, flapping his arms like a bird with Down's Syndrome when shit goes wrong (as it ALWAYS DOES in Januarys when he has to face a very good team)?? Wigga's offense is averaging 5.6 points per game in their last 3 playoff losses (all in cold-weather environments that don't suit a dome-pussy). 5.6!! That's like Bluto having a 0.0 GPA in Animal House; you'd think such a thing was fucking impossible.
He's the best regular-season QB in football, with every compliment and insult such a distinction implies. And averaging 1 choke per year in the playoffs, I don't see that changing.

Brady can do ANYTHING. If the game is low-scoring he'll eat the clock, and if the defense shits the bed he'll kick it into high gear and outscore the opponent. And he can do that anything in the regular season AND the playoffs.

Dillon is incredible. He's getting older, so he's put on a ton of upper body muscle this year so he can just power through blockers in case he does slow down. This offense is just sick with him. I never thought I'd say it, but he might do even better than 1600 this year.

I disagree on Givens, he's a solid #2, and he was a good interim #1 when Branch was hurt last year. At present he's the #2 on the depth chart, and that shouldn't change this year unless Terrell is a revelation. He and Branch should go fucking crazy this year (even Pat O'Brien would be surprised at how fucking crazy they'll go - sans hooker and coke).
Bethel is hard, his speed and natual talent is sick, but...he's kind of a dick and not too disciplined. If his effort was proportional with his talent he'd already be our #1 or #2 WR. As it is, don't be too surprised if he doesn't make it on the final roster now that we have more KR in training-camp this year.
Patten is playing for the Deadskins. They gave him way more money than we would (god bless Snyder). Good for him, he deserves it. I hope he isn't miserable.

The O-line is a question, they lost Andruzzi who was their rock, and while they replaced him with TWO potential starters, they're both rookies and are individually unlikely to equal his play this year. But who knows. This unit has looked like shit on paper for years and has always come through.

They have Ben Watson at TE this year who was hurt all last year and he's amazing. He can block as good as Graham and is a much better receiver. I've never seen a guy that big with such speed. But he's fragile, he wasn't even AT the preseason game the other night. With Graham a year better and any contribution from Watson they should be all set at TE.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 11:02 PM
Get the McGahee one. Losman can go still either go way at this point, McGahee is a better bet. You don't want to be stuck with the jersey of a shitty player (*nods towards your last jersey*).

Losman did well in the game tonight, but yeah, McGahee is a top back in the NFL.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 11:09 PM
only people making sense in this thread so far are TTiG, and Ozy. id say in general manning could be considered better, but when you hit playoff time, id rather have brady :p

theyre gonna be either 14-2 or 13-3 this year. realistically, someone could beat the pats. but honestly, there isnt ONE team im afraid of in the nfl with the way the pats are. their offense looked great last night, i really liked how cassel played. i wanna see how brady does as well with belichick running the offense. should be fine.

a friend at work said itd be interesting if flutie retired after this year, and become the offensive coordinator
I actually think 11-5 or 12-4 is more realistic, the problem is the first half of the schedule (after they dispense of Chokeland) is a BITCH, and this is a team the will need some time to gel with new coordinators and ILBs. I think they'll look like a carbon copy of the '01 team - win one, lose one, win two, lose two, win one, lose one, before running the table in the second half. Still I wouldn't mind being wrong and seeing 16-0. :)

Heh, Flutie. Has anyone's number ever looked bigger on his shirt than the "2" did on his chest last night? Still, man knows his football, he's a good set of eyes and ears to have on a sideline even if he's never needed.

Rohan Davey can start sending out his resume soon. Rohan may have survived Helm's Deep, but the Cassel War should end his stay here after this year.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 11:11 PM
I actually think 11-5 or 12-4 is more realistic, the problem is the first half of the schedule (after they dispense of Chokeland) is a BITCH, and this is a team the will need some time to gel with new coordinators and ILBs. I think they'll look like a crabon copy of the '01 team - win one, lose one, win two, lose two, win one, lose one, before running the table in the second half. Still I wouldn't mind being wrong and seeing 16-0. :)

Heh, Flutie. Has anyone's number ever looked bigger on his shirt than the "2" did on his chest last ngiht? Still, man knows his football, he's a good set of eyes and ears to have on a sideline even if he's never needed.

Rohan Davey can start sending out his resume soon. Rohan may have survived Helm's Deep, but the Cassel War should end his stay here after this year.

Flutie is still capable of starting in the NFL. He's the only reason I would be somewhat happy if the Patriots won the Superbowl again. Flutie is one of the best quarterbacks in Buffalo Bills history.

arak0r
08-13-2005, 11:13 PM

werd. cassel looked awesome tbh. no qb controversy or anything (obviously) but i think he could be the best backup we could get.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 11:15 PM
ozy was making sense TILL that last comment. teams spaz when they play vick, when its obvious how you stop him. (see tampa bay)

And the bucs can beat the Falcons ozy. We killed them 28-0 with 3 backup D lineman. They have a good offensive system, but Monte Kiffin is just too smart for them. If your D line does well Vick starts leaving the pocket. You put Simeon Rice on one side and he'll roll out to the other side. Put Derrick Brooks, the best linebacker in the NFL opposite Rice. Now you have Derrick brooks between Vick and his favorite target and go to guy, Crumpler. You're in interception city. Not to mention that running is the meat of the Falcons offense, and Warrick Dunn used to play for us. Over the hill as he is, there's nothing he can pull on us unless somebody fucks up. Watever they do, we'll see it coming. Plus, when vick does go to his recievers, he's counting on himself creating pocket time allowing more time for his recievers to break away. Ronde Barber may be the best CB there is. Certainly top 5, and Brian Kelly doesn't take any shit either.
I know Vick CAN be stopped, but not a lot of people can do it. New England can stop Manning too, but that doesn't translate to other teams doing it (yet).
Tampa Bay stopping him doesn't necessarily mean a ton, Miami beat the Patriots last year and it did them no good (except giving them a great memory). It's good if they can shut him down, but if other teams can't do it as well then Atlanta should finish first or second.

bd007h
08-13-2005, 11:20 PM
You're being REALLY nonobjective there. I'd say he's easily behind LT, Jamal Lewis, and Clinton Portis. Portis is debateable, but Mcgahee the BEST? C'mon.

I didn't say he was the best, I said he's one of the best.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 11:20 PM
And still, Vrabel is a nice compliment opposite Graham in a two TE set.

The only position we've left out if FB. I don't know who the pats FB is. My guess is he's a good lead blocker and nothing more, or I'd know him by now.

And yes, Peyton is a dome pussy. I hate dome pussies. They look like shit in the snow. In tampa we may not have snow, but we have some hot fucking weather. I love seeing dome pussies who forget what sweating all you body's water out felt like. I hope they one day extend the foorball season to 20something games, so we can play here in July.

But still, although I think Brady is a close second, if you were to take those guys out of their teams and bring them somewhere else, (lets say.....Detroit) I think Manning would be more sucessful than Brady. You forget the year when their whole team was Manning-Harrison?
But how did that year end? I'm going to guess with him playing his worst game of the year.
Detroit has a dome, I believe.

Patrick Pass is the FB. The words "solid, dependable, unspectacular" will likely be carved on his tombstone. Good blocker, good enough runner, not great at either. This team doesn't rely on/use FB much so, you know, anything they get from him is just gravy. Hardcore fans and players love him though.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 11:25 PM
I was just responding to that.

And why do you always appear offline? Even one minute after posting you have a blue dot.
Ah. I meant they can't get past them in terms of their W-L record. I don't know enough to speculate on how the divisional games will go.

Invisible Mode, via Edit Options, via User CP. Keeps the rubes off my scent, and makes me feel important enough to stay hidden.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 11:31 PM
werd. cassel looked awesome tbh. no qb controversy or anything (obviously) but i think he could be the best backup we could get.
I couldn't believe how good he looked considering HE NEVER PLAYED A GAME IN COLLEGE. He's definitely the #2 QB of the future. But the problem is we're in the present and it looks like we have 3 #3's and no #2. Davey is fine for mop-up duty in blow-outs, but I put zero faith in him to win a game if Brady is hurt. Less than zero. He just doesn't have it. Flutie's style of rolling-out of the pocket might not fit us too well, the OL isn't really set up to accomadate that. And he's apparently looked bad in training camp. I think he's there for his mind, not his ability. He's 42 fer chrissake.
And Cassel? He looks like he'll be very good, but he doesn't even know how to properly slide yet. He's got a long way to go before he's a #2.

Another year of praying Brady doesn't get hurt is in our near-fututre.

Not Ozymandias
08-13-2005, 11:46 PM
I'd expect them to. Fans are like that with FBs. Gruden can get rid of Sapp, Lynch, Both Johnsons, Mccardel, Jerevicious, but when number 40 came up people were saying he could lose his job. Not that cutting Mike Alstott would get Gruden* fired. But he's one of those players that symbolizes your team. Him and Brooks more than anyone. Ofcourse, Mike IS spectacular. If we'd just give him the fucking ball.

*Gruden. What the fuck were we thinking when we gave up two years of first and second round draft picks for him? Cadillac and Clayton are all anybody talks about with offense here, and they're out first round picks over the last two years. If we still had Dungee and those picks back, we could have taken the 02 team into an NFC dynasty.
Black people seem to hate Alstott for some reason. I think seeing a good white runner is unnerving.

I'd gladly mortgage the future for a chance to win it all for one year if I were Tampa Bay in '01. Dungy just doesn't have the killer instinct necessary to bring a team to the next level. They never would've gone anywhere with him. There's one Dungy moment I'll never forget, it was against New England last year. They ran a trick play where Manning fakes waving off a play and walking to the sidelines while they snap to Edge who runs it up the middle past sleeping blockers. They execute it, we're caught off guard, and they get the first down.
And immediately the flags go down because the rule states once Manning takes his hands out from under center he's an elligible receiver and has to stop moving before the ball is snapped.
My point? Tony Dungy ran a trick play WITHOUT CHECKING THE RULEBOOK TO SEE IF IT WAS LEGAL. How the fuck is that even possible? Is that not the very first thing you do, before you even see if your players can execute it YOU FUCKING MAKE SURE IF IT'S EVEN POSSIBLE???

That's essential Dungy for me. Anyone who goes into a playoff game with a trick play he didn't check the legality of is, to me, a loser.
I'm out.

arak0r
08-14-2005, 01:52 AM
bucs: i still cant believe they got rid of lynch. he was my favorite player on the team, i had his jersey (its now fading to some nasty pink shade actually :|), he was one of the toughest, hardest hitters in the league. still is really. id like to have a secondary filled with john lynches and rodney harrisons :D

pats: as for flutie.. hah. dont use age as an argument man. thats soooo.. dan duqetteish. remember his, clemens is past his prime? .. jesus. as much as i dont like clemens as a person, as an athlete, hes phenomenal. just insane.

then again thats baseball, and being a qb is more physically demanding :p

back the main subject, the pats. the scariest thing about them, easily, is that not ONE player is irreplaceable, besides brady imho. yea, losing bruschi, AND Johnson is gonna hurt. but we got chad brown, and he will greatly help them there. that and they already had 4000000 good linebackers hah. law? fuck that man. we lost him most of last year, and we did just fuckin fine with troy brown in the secondary. weve improved on that with duane starks.

now, the offense.. UNF. david terrel is going to be much better than he was with the bears, i guarantee it. i mean for christs sake, THE BEARS! not DA BEARS, you know, when they were good, but the bears! absolutely horrible offense that had one strength, and that was rushing. their qbs have changed every other week, the coaching staff keeps getting switched up. to expect the guy to perform excellent in that situation.. bleh. i dont think marvin harrison could have performed all that well :| speaking of, that guy, and the other colts players (besides manning) on offense, have alot of my respect, mainly because theyre not loud mouth cunts for the most part (ie, t.o.) and they dont ask for huge sums of $ and instead wish to stay in indy (unlike manning, who practically kills the colts salary cap)

bd007h
08-14-2005, 07:18 PM
does anyone else agree that Willis McGahee is one of the best RBs in the league?

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-14-2005, 07:18 PM
does anyone else agree that Willis McGahee is one of the best RBs in the league?
i DON'T! YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE!

bd007h
08-14-2005, 07:24 PM
thanks for your opinion Richard :rolleyes:

Not Ozymandias
08-14-2005, 08:32 PM
No, but he could become one this year. As it stands right now though, Tomlinson, James, Martin, Dillon, Holmes, Barber, McAllister, Portis, Lewis, and Alexander are all currently better.

satitania
08-14-2005, 08:34 PM
NFL sucks
football sucks

could there BE any more whistles within the time frame of a game? we wouldnt wnat you guys to actually get some exercise now would we?

Not Ozymandias
08-14-2005, 08:57 PM
NFL sucks
football sucks

could there BE any more whistles within the time frame of a game? we wouldnt wnat you guys to actually get some exercise now would we?
I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to try to understand a complex game while being stuck with the genetically inferior brain of a Canadian. Life is unfair. *hugs*

satitania
08-15-2005, 10:09 AM
I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to try to understand a complex game while being stuck with the genetically inferior brain of a Canadian. Life is unfair. *hugs*

ah yes my poor inferior brain, must have taken too many hits while playing real sports.

arak0r
08-15-2005, 11:31 AM
ah yes my poor inferior brain, must have taken too many hits while playing real sports.

rofl. you mean sports that get canceled an entire season, and is coming back trying to suck off american dick because everyone realizes this sport DEPENDS on americans to keep it running?

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2005, 02:14 PM
I didn't read anything else mentioned here, so this may be something that was covered, and I may look like an idiot or whatever, but I'd just like to say:

I fucking hate Peyton Manning.

bd007h
08-15-2005, 02:47 PM
You've never played football. You've never sweated your ass off in a helmet. You've never been tackled by somebody who weighs 300 lbs. You've never.... oh fuck it, what do Canadians know about sports.
http://www.worldcurling.org/Curlhome/Results/2001-2002/WCC/images/DSC01905.jpg

satitania just got PWN3D

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Why?

And are you a Jets or Giants fan?

I'm a huge Jets fan, but the reason I hate him is because he's so overhyped. For a guy who hasn't won a damn thing yet, I sure had to hear his name way too fuckin' much last year. Yeah, I know TD record, whatever. I'd throw a few touchdowns myself, with my frail little 130 lb. body and all, if I had the benefit of those new coverage rules...

EDIT: Just read a few more posts...my apologies for not doing so sooner. I agree with arak0r, TTIG and Not Ozy are on top of their shit and I love it. NotOzy's sentiments about Manning are pretty much what I wanted to say.

Oh, and satitania's ownage made me happy.

satitania
08-15-2005, 09:01 PM
rofl. you mean sports that get canceled an entire season, and is coming back trying to suck off american dick because everyone realizes this sport DEPENDS on americans to keep it running?

oh YES thats EXACTLY what i mean, because i CERTAINLY play professional sports, dumb ass. First off, if i "hit my head playing real sports" i obviously dont play in the professional league, do you think i was insulting football because of its association with america? you DO realize that there's a canadian league too RIGHT? second off, the sport i was referring to, was rugby, not originated from canada at all, so why dont you go occupy yourself with something other than trying to look for hidden insults against america?

satitania
08-15-2005, 09:04 PM
I'd quit talking now. You'll only make yourself look stupider.

stupider isnt a word, einstein

id assume that youd recognize the irony in this, but seeing as how your intelligence has been put on display here, ill point out: youre a moron.

satitania
08-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Stupider is a word, stupid. And even if it wasn't, grammar is about the weakest argument you could put up.

EDIT: Oh Noez! I started my sentence with and! :eek:

hahaha

oh my
so i really did need to point out the irony in that last quote
ah, i love poetic justice
hahaha
hahha
i love it

bd007h
08-15-2005, 09:12 PM
If you don't like football, don't post in this thread. It's that simple.

satitania
08-15-2005, 09:17 PM
If you don't like football, don't post in this thread. It's that simple.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13948&page=1

bd007h
08-15-2005, 09:22 PM
whatever. I've never liked TUNB anyways.

Not Ozymandias
08-15-2005, 09:34 PM
The Broncos beat the texans. Take that bitches.
You do realize that preseason games mean nothing, and that winning is only the 3rd priority, right?

Apathy
08-15-2005, 09:34 PM
The Broncos beat the texans. Take that bitches.

Oh, please, you mean in pre-season?

Preseason football means nothing, it's mostly just coaches trying out new plays and players. However, The Texans are pretty terrible usually, so I guess that game was accurate.

Not Ozymandias
08-15-2005, 10:26 PM
stupider isnt a word, einstein
Yes, it is. It's an adjective form of "stupid". Crack a dictionary sometime. And look up "irony" as well so you can properly use that word next time.

We're all sympathetic to the dificulties posed by the inferiority of the Canadian brain, but you're doing yourself no favors by drawing attention to it.

Stop posting.

Not Ozymandias
08-15-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm a huge Jets fan, but the reason I hate him is because he's so overhyped. For a guy who hasn't won a damn thing yet, I sure had to hear his name way too fuckin' much last year. Yeah, I know TD record, whatever. I'd throw a few touchdowns myself, with my frail little 130 lb. body and all, if I had the benefit of those new coverage rules...

EDIT: Just read a few more posts...my apologies for not doing so sooner. I agree with arak0r, TTIG and Not Ozy are on top of their shit and I love it. NotOzy's sentiments about Manning are pretty much what I wanted to say.

Oh, and satitania's ownage made me happy.
I would imagine the 2002 41-0 playoff skull-fucking the Jets put on his sorry ass is still fresh in your mind. How the fuck it's even possible to score ZERO points in a playoff game is beyond me. Just going by the law of averages you'd think eventually Manning would've had to lead the Colts into field goal range at least ONCE in a 60-minute game, if only by accident. But he didn't.

I remember the Jets team that year. Their defense was okay. But there's no reason they should've even been able to hold a Ryan Leaf led offense to zero points, let alone the Colts.

Peyton Manning is fucking clownshoes, anyone who would put up zero points in a playoff game is as useless as tits on a bull.

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Just going by the law of averages you'd think eventually Manning would've had to lead the Colts into field goal range at least ONCE in a 60-minute game, if only by accident. But he didn't.

God, I love you.

barangatang
08-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Okay heres da chizzete da raiders ar' da shit cuz dem from da hood, yah know what im saying nigga?

arak0r
08-16-2005, 12:25 AM
oh YES thats EXACTLY what i mean, because i CERTAINLY play professional sports, dumb ass. First off, if i "hit my head playing real sports" i obviously dont play in the professional league, do you think i was insulting football because of its association with america? you DO realize that there's a canadian league too RIGHT? second off, the sport i was referring to, was rugby, not originated from canada at all, so why dont you go occupy yourself with something other than trying to look for hidden insults against america?

... what the fuck? try saying something that actually has something to do with what you quoted. please.

btw

NFL sucks
football sucks

there is your original quote. now, the nfl is american football. stfu. if you were referring to rugby, say rugby, not football.

CommKeen45
08-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Go Packers!!!!

bd007h
08-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Go Packers!!!!

Brett Favre is getting old, and he'll probably retire after this season. He does have the same first name as me, though.

JohnnyNemesis
08-16-2005, 08:25 AM
Okay heres da chizzete da raiders ar' da shit cuz dem from da hood, yah know what im saying nigga?

Not funny. Don't try. Thank you.

satitania
08-16-2005, 10:31 AM
... what the fuck? try saying something that actually has something to do with what you quoted. please.

btw

there is your original quote. now, the nfl is american football. stfu. if you were referring to rugby, say rugby, not football.

learn to read, once you do, ill reply to you in full.

Apathy
08-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Favre sais he's going to retire every year and he never does. I'm from Wisconsin so I have to put up it every day.

same here. What's worse, Is every summer I go to my dads house, and he lives in Green Bay. You Can't Go anywhere on a Sunday with out Taking an Extra two hours to get through traffic.

You know that lambeu field is actually in Aswaubenon? It's a village right next to green bay.

barangatang
08-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Not funny. Don't try. Thank you.

sorry, I kinda suck at that, you see I live right next to oakland...

Not Ozymandias
08-17-2005, 02:32 AM
This wasn't funny, but it was very accurate in regards to how Raiders "fans" speak/type.

God, I love you.
*goose*

learn to read, once you do, ill reply to you in full.
*Learn
*read.
*Once
*do I'll

Even wishomie is ragging on you. Leave and never return.

offspring_ben25
08-17-2005, 06:47 AM
1 word: EAGLES

Not Ozymandias
08-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Who the fuck told Brady it was a good idea to turn into a one-man Village People??

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/images/more_track/bradydg08172005.jpg

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/images/more_track/bradydg08162005.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
08-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Bah, with all those rings on his fingers, I'd let the man drape himself in velvet.

lolz @ my overused Seinfeld reference.

bd007h
08-18-2005, 07:40 PM
If green bay had any intelligence, they'd develop the fuck out of what's-his-face the rook QB..

Isn't his name something like Aaron Rodgers?

bd007h
08-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Roethlisberger>Brady

bd007h
08-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Losman showed some promise last saturday night against the colts. He's the kinda quarterback the bills have been needed. The kind that can make something happen when the pocket collapse.

bd007h
08-18-2005, 09:08 PM
best Bills quarterback since Jim Kelly = Doug Flutie

Not Ozymandias
08-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Bah, with all those rings on his fingers, I'd let the man drape himself in velvet.

lolz @ my overused Seinfeld reference.
That's better the more obvious, "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

Not Ozymandias
08-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Roethlisberger>Brady
What in the FUCK could you possibly base such a ricockulous statement on?

In their respective first years as starters Ruthlessburger had a superior running game, superior O-line, superior receivers, and a superior defense than Brady had and he still went down in flames in the AFC title game while Brady took his team to a Super Bowl win.

I can't believe how little you actually know about football.

Alec
08-18-2005, 10:03 PM
I hope the giants win the superbowl. Is superbowl 1 or 2 words?

Not Ozymandias
08-18-2005, 10:04 PM
2 words .

JohnnyNemesis
08-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Sorry to jump on the bashwagon, but yeah, Roethlisberger > Brady?! How in the goddamn holy hell would that even be a possibility?

Mentioning those two together, outside of hyping last year's AFC Championship game, is blasphemy. For shame.

bd007h
08-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Tom Brady didn't go undefeated in the regular season last year. Tom Brady has more playoff experience that Big Ben, that's the only reason the patriots pulled it off again.

barangatang
08-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Tom Brady didn't go undefeated in the regular season last year. Tom Brady has more playoff experience that Big Ben, that's the only reason the patriots pulled it off again.

tom brady has the i.q. of a muffin.

bd007h
08-18-2005, 10:23 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/bd007h/emoticons/clap.gif

JohnnyNemesis
08-18-2005, 10:24 PM
No, the reason the Patriots and Tom Brady won is because they are superior. And that same playoff experience is the reason this is true. Going undefeated in the regular season means absolutely nothing if you don't get that Super Bowl victory. The Patriots made Roethlisberger look thoroughly ordinary.

Besides, as was stated, Brady did more with less; Roethlisberger was part of a better offense, had a better O-line, etc.

barangatang
08-18-2005, 10:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/bd007h/emoticons/clap.gif

why thank you.

Not Ozymandias
08-18-2005, 10:35 PM
I was comparing their FIRST seasons as starters, clownshoes. Ruthlessburger in '04 vs. Brady in '01. I would never compare a rookie to 4th-year starter. And when comparing their first seasons starting, Brady was much, much better. I dare you to dispute that intelligently.

As for that undefeated bullshit, Ruthlessburger was defeated plenty of times - but his team wasn't. Both guys played shitty games last year, the difference is that Ruthlessburger's team was good enough to win in spite of him when he played like shit and Brady's team was not. How is Ben better if he's less important to his team?

Not Ozymandias
08-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Which would make him smarter than every Raiders fan combined.

barangatang
08-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Which would make him smarter than every Raiders fan combined.

yup, do you remember a couple years ago during a semifinals game, raiders vs. titans, i raiders fan yelled to a camera WE GO AL DA WA DOWN DAT FUCKING ROAD NIGGAS, and they didn't cut it, because he was basically inlegible.

man, i live about an hour away from the black hole, and i can hear it, espiecally during last season when the raiders sucked.

Not Ozymandias
08-18-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm susrprised you can hear anything, that place never sells out despite having one of the most successful franchises in history.
What great fans.

barangatang
08-18-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm susrprised you can hear anything, that place never sells out despite having one of the most successful franchises in history.
What great fans.

i was actually kinda being sarcastic

Not Ozymandias
08-18-2005, 10:57 PM
I wasn't really replying to you so much as using your post as an excuse to point out what bandwagoners Raiders fans are.

barangatang
08-18-2005, 11:03 PM
I wasn't really replying to you so much as using your post as an excuse to point out what bandwagoners Raiders fans are.
Ah.

They riot after the lost the superbowl was quite scary

Not Ozymandias
08-18-2005, 11:36 PM
The NFL has invented a helmet for Drew Bledsoe to wear in case any more QBs try to sneak up on him and take his spot yet again:

http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/10/0,1425,sz=1&i=104011,00.jpg

arak0r
08-18-2005, 11:44 PM
that pos picture doesnt show up right. tried posting it on another forum. img tags dont seem to like it :[

Not Ozymandias
08-19-2005, 12:00 AM
I'm too lazy, I'll just let people click on it.

JohnnyNemesis
08-19-2005, 08:46 AM
HA! That is so fucked up.

Me like.

pretty fly 88
08-19-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm a Redskins fan, but I don't expect too much from them this year. The Eagles are overrated. They only got to the Super Bowl last year because the NFC was so weak. If the NFC toughens up, they won't go very far, T.O or no T.O., but I have to admit they're still better than the Redskins. The Panthers are probably the best team in the NFC, the Falcons are probably the 2nd best. I don't know what to expect from Arizona. I think their defense is still weak, and so is their offensive line, so they may not go as far as people think.
The Raiders are overrated. Newsflash, Raiders fans: Rich Gannon retired. With Kerry Collins at quarterback, the Raiders stunk last year, and I don't think that's going to change, especially since Randy Moss is also overrated. He wasn't that great last year, why will he be great with an inferior quarterback?
The Jets will be great.The Dolphins will probably be much better with Ricky Williams back, although I'm pretty sure their offensive line is still terrible. I think the Bills are probably the worst team in that division, although they could prove me wrong.

pretty fly 88
08-19-2005, 10:24 AM
The Giants are fucking retarded. They were going just fine with Warner, and fucked everything up by trying to bring up Manning too soon. A playoff season went to waste. Although I'll admit Buress, Toomer, Shockey,and Barber make very good recieving options, they don't have the defense to win it all. Offense wins games, defense wins championships.
The Giants still have no offensive line, so they still won't be that good. No, they weren't doing just fine with Warner. They started 4-1 against weak teams, and when they faced the good teams, Warner started fumbling, and the Giants started losing, that's why they brough Manning in to try to reverse the teams fortunes. It wouldn't have made a difference if they had just kept Warner in for the whole season. Sorry, but teams with no defense and no offensive line don't usually win too many games.

bd007h
08-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Bills - 27
Packers - 7

pretty fly 88
08-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Formulas for beating those teams, and other comments on the NFC South:

The falcons aint shit. You need a defense. Last year their's went from bad to average and they were suddenly good. A good defense crushes Vick, who has panic attacks and rolls out of the pocket way too much when pressured. This is where the zone defense is critical, or he'll find short or underneath throws to the talent he's got at non-WR positions. Your Safetys should watch crumpler as closely as they do Price. BUT, if your defense can't stop the run, it's all for nothing. Duckett will go up the middle for big gains(half of which he'll earn AFTER contact), and if your LBs start to move in too close to stop him Dunn will get half way to a first down before anyone's even in position to make a tackle.
_______

The panthers have an overrated, overboasting D-line. But they might be the best in football. Throw in a good MLB(Dan Morgan) and good safetys(SS Mike Minter and FS I think Deon Grant) and you've got a pretty good defense. Unless your team has a good enough O-line. The bucs fail miserably there, but other teams don't. The Panthers rely too much on pressure. If you can get that extra second or two any decent QB can make the panther's corners look like high school players. You can always count on somebody getting injured half way through the season on their offense, which seems to medium sized(around 15 yard) passes. The WORST thing you can do is be intimidated by those medium sized passes and think Smith might beat you deep. If you play conservatively and move your safetys back, they're recievers will cut exactly where your safety is out of position and Delhomme, who is an average QB at best, will look like Warner in his prime, getting first down after first down all the way up the field.

The Saints could be the next big thing from the NFC. In 02 the Bucs won the superbowl, in 03 the Panthers won the NFC championship, and in 04 the Falcons got to the NFC championship. Each year that team won the division crown, and during none of those years were the Saints a bad team. By that pattern, this year the Saints should get to the second round of the playoffs and loose, I guess. Anyway, the Saints could be the best in the NFC. Aaron Brooks is in his prime, and could exceed Mcnabb in Rushing yards this year. Mccalister has the capabilities to be the leagues leading rusher. Joe Horn is an experinced Vet with good vision, good hands, and a good route runner. Donte Stallworth has some of the best speed in the division, good hands, and he's big too.The O-line has had it's ups and downs. If they get it together this year, it could be the 99 Rams, but with a black QB.Their weakness is obviously defense, but with a solid D-line and players should have developed by now at LB and Dback, they don't have a specific weakness to exploit.

Here's how you beat the Buccaneers this year:

Blitz.
The Falcons do have a good defense, and they have some great players on offense. And they should be better this year than last year because they should understand the west coast offense better, so they could be a great team this year. Vick might stay in the pocket more and throw better, so maybe a good defense won't be able to smother Vick. The Panthers defensive line is the best in the league if they stay healthy, they're not overrated. The problem was that last year Kris Jenkins didn't stay healthy, and that really hurt them. And now that they have Stephen Davis and Steve Smith back on offense they could be a great team. You underrate their defensive backs. They were outstanding in the playoffs 2 years ago, and may have been outstanding last year if the rest of the team stayed more healthy, and lessened the pressure on those guys. Jake Delhomme may not have the best arm in the league, but he is a very smart quarterback who's probably better than average. You think the Saints will win the division? I sincerely doubt it. They just can't seem to get past the .500 mark with that coach. They need a coach who can win. And their defense is the weakest in the division, and defense wins championships. They haven't gotten anybody new that makes me think they'll improve. Aaron Brooks should be a Pro Bowl quarterback by now, but he isn't. He just continues to go alternate between great and terrible, and I don't think he'll surpass Donovan McNabb in rushing yards. The pattern you mentioned interests me, but I think it's gonna stop this year. But I agree with you on the Bucs. They do have a terrible offensive line. Here's my predicted ranking of that division:
1. Panthers
2. Falcons
3. Saints
4. Bucs

JohnnyNemesis
08-22-2005, 01:43 PM
I concur. Numbers DO lie, and statistics should only be used as backup for an already solid point, not a replacement for a decent point.

JohnnyNemesis
08-22-2005, 01:45 PM
National Football League. American football.

pretty fly 88
08-25-2005, 10:20 PM
This Thread Is Gay: If the Saints don't have a bad D, why do they keep finishing 8-8 every year? And why haven't Aaron Brooks or their receivers made it to the Pro Bowl? You're probably right that the Saints should do well in the division, but probably won't, but I'm pretty sure that defense finishes in the bottom half every year. Besides, if they don't have the worst defense in the division, who does? Maybe the Falcons, but their defense isn't bad. The Panthers and the Bucs have great defenses. And who knows? Vick might get better in the pocket this year. You're right that he's been average in the pocket, but I think that once he learns the west coast system, he'll be great in the pocket, like Donovan McNabb. Although he'll also have to get a great receiver. And, if Kris Jenkins is 100% back, he will get pressure on the quarterback. And the Panthers will go back to the Super Bowl. The Panthers are probably the only really good team in the NFC. And now I'm confused: weren't you saying before that the Saints are the only good team in the division?

pretty fly 88
08-25-2005, 10:57 PM
The division with the Pats, Jets, and Steelers doesn't exist. The AFC East has the Pats, Jets, Bills, and Dolphins, the North has the Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, and Browns. I see what you're saying about the Saints now, and you're probably right. Oh, I forgot about Alge Crumpler, but Peerless Price really hasn't done anything for the Falcons, has he?

pretty fly 88
08-26-2005, 11:30 AM
As for the AFC East, the Patriots are still the team to beat in the division, although coordinator changes and injuries will hopefully weaken them. GO JETS! I'm not actually a Jets fan, but they are the most likely team to overtake the Patriots in the division, with Coles back at receiver and Ty Law at cornerback, and a new offensive coordinator, they could be one heck of a team. The Dolphins should now have a running game, with Ricky Williams back and that other guy they drafted. Their biggest weakness is the offensive line, and that could really hurt, but if it gets better, Gus Frerotte and A.J. Feely have both done something in this league, so they've been good quarterbacks, and Chris Chambers is a really good receiver. I've seen him make some outstanding catches, and could be a Pro Bowl receiver on a team with a better offense that has time to throw to him. And their defense has always been good. I think the Bills are the worst team in the division, because I don't know about J.P. Losman at quarterback. I've seen him play a little, and he's done nothing to wow me. It might take him a while to get going, and the Bills might get off to a slow start. I know that Willis McGahee could be a great running back, and they have a great defense, but I think they're in the wrong division. They'll start slow, finish fast, and end at the bottom of the division.

Not Ozymandias
08-26-2005, 11:55 PM
I think the Jets are the #2 team in the AFC if Pennington recovers fully, and it looks good for him so far.
Unfortunately for them the #1 team is in their division. The Patriots are better than they were last year at every posiiton except LB, they'll win the Super Bowl again even though they have a bitch of a schedule.

bd007h
08-26-2005, 11:57 PM
As for the AFC East, the Patriots are still the team to beat in the division, although coordinator changes and injuries will hopefully weaken them. GO JETS! I'm not actually a Jets fan, but they are the most likely team to overtake the Patriots in the division, with Coles back at receiver and Ty Law at cornerback, and a new offensive coordinator, they could be one heck of a team. The Dolphins should now have a running game, with Ricky Williams back and that other guy they drafted. Their biggest weakness is the offensive line, and that could really hurt, but if it gets better, Gus Frerotte and A.J. Feely have both done something in this league, so they've been good quarterbacks, and Chris Chambers is a really good receiver. I've seen him make some outstanding catches, and could be a Pro Bowl receiver on a team with a better offense that has time to throw to him. And their defense has always been good. I think the Bills are the worst team in the division, because I don't know about J.P. Losman at quarterback. I've seen him play a little, and he's done nothing to wow me. It might take him a while to get going, and the Bills might get off to a slow start. I know that Willis McGahee could be a great running back, and they have a great defense, but I think they're in the wrong division. They'll start slow, finish fast, and end at the bottom of the division.

Have you seen the first 2 pre-season games for the Bills? Losman's been getting the job done. The Dolphins are the worst AFC east team. Without Ricky Williams, and without a decent QB, the Dolphins are still worthless.

jade fahy
08-27-2005, 12:03 AM
fuck yeah....they won over the carolinas panthers.....thats where i was born....GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not Ozymandias
08-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Yeah, fuck them for being a better team than Carolina. :mad:

jade fahy
08-27-2005, 12:16 AM
Yeah, fuck them for being a better team than Carolina. :mad:
fuck yeah....god i hate them... :mad:

bd007h
08-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Most patriot fans that aren't from Massachusettes are just bandwagon hoppers.

Not Ozymandias
08-27-2005, 12:23 AM
Damn right, especially the ones from Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut and Rhode Island. What makes them think they have a right to root for a New England team??

jade fahy
08-27-2005, 12:23 AM
Most patriot fans that aren't from Massachusettes are just bandwagon hoppers.
id have to agree, like, hey! the patriots won the last four superbowls, and everyone seem to like it, so why cant i?

Alec
08-27-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm more of a baseball fan but
I like the Giants

bd007h
08-27-2005, 12:30 AM
id have to agree, like, hey! the patriots won the last four superbowls, and everyone seem to like it, so why cant i?

3 of the last 4. They didn't win in 2002.

Not Ozymandias
08-31-2005, 01:51 AM
This is greater proof of American stupidity run rampant than the election night map:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nfl&pollId=31608

I'm just shocked how little football fans outside of New England actually know about the sport they claim to be fans of.....

RXP
08-31-2005, 02:12 AM
International fans voted the same.

Who's better to start a franchise questions is only a matter of opinion. GMs are the best people to ask.

JohnnyNemesis
08-31-2005, 07:45 AM
That is fucking sad. I'd choose Heath fuckin' Shuler before I choose Peyton Manning for that...

Not Ozymandias
09-01-2005, 03:33 PM
3rd round
Colts over the Patriots

Super Bowl
Colts 34
Eagles 24
Why does everyone keep making this mistake? Even Dr. Z who's been following football for decades made a fool out of himself in the newest SI by claiming Indy will make it to the Super Bowl. I'd have thought last year would have changed things. New England has a better offense, defense, and coaching staff than Indy and this will not change this year. The Colts are half a team, and the one half they're supposed to have (offense) doesn't show up for the biggest game of the year. The Colts wouldn't even get by the Jets, let alone the Patriots.

JohnnyNemesis
09-01-2005, 04:43 PM
The Jets at 9 -7 ?! Oh, come on now, ya gotta show my team more love than that! They'll be closer to the Pats.

And NotOzy is 100% right. The Colts wouldn't make it past the Jets, DEFINITELY not past the Patriots, and might even have some trouble with Denver.

Not Ozymandias
09-01-2005, 05:41 PM
The Colts' offense doesn't show up in the playoffs. If they did they'd be the ones with 2 straight Super Bowl titles.
The Patriots' offense always* thrives in the playoffs. Therefore, New England's offense is far superior.

* The one exception would be the 2003 AFC championship game where the Colts' defense (of all fucking people) only allowed one TD in SIX New England trips to their red zone. The Colts' offense (led by you-know-who) responded to this outstanding defensive showing by scoring 2 whole touchdowns (Phun Phact: The overrated Colts offense has avergaed 0.6 TDs per game in their last 3 playoff losses) and giving up FIVE turnovers.

Not Ozymandias
09-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Talent means nothing to me if you can't out it on the field. Though in N.O.'s case I'd blame their coaching, because it appears to be a case of inconsistency.

The Colts' O are incredibly consistent - until the playoffs when they fall apart every time. They're worthless.

Not Ozymandias
09-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Dome pussies:
The defining quote of Super Bowl XXXVI came from 2 Rams talking on the sidelines (they're not important enough for me to remember), one saying to the other: "They're hitting Kurt, they're hitting Marshall, they're hitting everyone!"
They were actually surprised that they were getting smacked around IN A FOOTBALL GAME.

Your hypothetical:
Define productive. Do you mean statwise, W-L record, or playoff performance (not the same as winning)? I don't know anything about Sorgi (is he even still Choky's backup?), so I can't be sure, but I think New England's O would play better in the playoffs. Edge and Marvin have done nothing against good teams or in the cold.

The Patriots are on right now, playing the Giants on their last preseason game. I'm bummed that Eli is not playing, I was looking forward to seeing Belichick master another Manning. :(

Not Ozymandias
09-01-2005, 06:17 PM
The defining quote of Super Bowl XXXVI
Well actually, there were a few good ones. Another came from the Rams' Ricky Proehl: "Tonight a dynasty is born, baby!".
He had no idea how right he was.

Not Ozymandias
09-01-2005, 06:36 PM
It may be impossible to know, people like to say, "Ryan Leaf could throw 40 TDs and have 4000 yards with those weapons", but I think Peyton really is what makes them go in the regular season. NE's numbers aren't as eye-popping, but I think they'd also suffer a lot without Brady.

*shrugs*

monkeyweewee
09-01-2005, 08:55 PM
i like football this one time i had a muffin and i put it in my underwear

Not Ozymandias
09-01-2005, 08:57 PM
This message is hidden because monkeyweewee is on your ignore list.
Better luck next time.

GBH2
09-03-2005, 08:39 AM
i know we've had this conversation before, but brady is awesome.

Offspring7
09-03-2005, 02:34 PM
oh hell yeah! i love this thread! well the steelers are my favorite...as far as predictions go...they won their preseason games...but the one against the panthers was extremely too close for comfort...i can hope the steelers will make it all the way to the superbowl...especially with the bettis back...he wants that ring. roethlisberger needs to get in the game...what happened to the quarterback that was there last year...i have only good things to say about baker for now...we'll see how this year goes. STEELERS ALL THE WAY!! :)

bd007h
09-03-2005, 02:39 PM
i know we've had this conversation before, but brady is awesome.

The only reason I'd be happy if the Patriots win the super bowl would be the fact that Doug Flutie will go out as a Champion :D

Not Ozymandias
09-03-2005, 06:52 PM
After being stuck with Rob Johnson and Drew Bledsoe over the last few years I can't even blame him for being hung up on Flutie.

Plummer had a great preseason. I don't think he had any interceptions.

You repsonded to a post that started with "Preseason means nothing" by starting with "Plummer had a great preseason." That's like responding to someone telling you there's no Santa with "Santa's gonna bring me lots of toys."

bd007h
09-03-2005, 06:56 PM
yeah, Flutie was the best Bills QB since Jim Kelly

ZSTEIN
09-03-2005, 07:02 PM
the vikings are gonna have a great year...you'll see

Not Ozymandias
09-03-2005, 07:30 PM
They should, the NFC's wide open.

Offspring7
09-03-2005, 07:33 PM
i know its still just preseason...but does anybody have superbowl predictions?

Not Ozymandias
09-03-2005, 07:34 PM
New England will beat whoever wins the NFC.

Offspring7
09-03-2005, 07:39 PM
basically...i don't think the eagles will be a force to be reckoned with this year...especially without T.O. and all that stuff. my superbowl prediction is the steelers just might make it this year...the bus is back specifically for this reason: taking the team all the way. i think their chances are good...but ben needs to get his head in the game...after the performance against the panthers...i'm not sure how much playing time benny will see...they still have baker

JohnnyNemesis
09-04-2005, 08:07 AM
That's like responding to someone telling you there's no Santa with "Santa's gonna bring me lots of toys."

I want to make such intense love to you right now.

sneedo
09-04-2005, 04:56 PM
The Packers rock people.

Kristi920
09-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Would you guys be pissed if I wanted to talk about college football?

Not Ozymandias
09-04-2005, 08:43 PM
I want to make such intense love to you right now.
Mmmmm, I'm down for some AFC East fornication. Though if ultrasounds show that our kid conceieved as a result of this will be a Dolphins fan then we're having a fucking abortion.

Not Ozymandias
09-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Would you guys be pissed if I wanted to talk about college football?
Go for it, I doubt a college football thread would stand on its own for too long anyway. I know nothing about it myself, except that there are too many teams for me to keep track of and the players should get paid.

Not Ozymandias
09-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Pick 'em.

AFC East - New England
AFC North - Cincinnati
AFC South - Indianapolis
AFC West - Kansas City
AFC Wild Cards: New York, Baltimore

NFC East - Dallas
NFC North - Detroit
NFC South - Carolina
NFC West - Seattle
NFC Wild Cards - Philadelphia, Atlanta

Defense may win championships, but offense wins division titles.

JohnnyNemesis
09-06-2005, 10:33 PM
COLTS ALL DA WY BAYBEE he thrws lyk 100 TDs n i lyk dem peyton

Not Ozymandias
09-06-2005, 10:35 PM
The one thing that pisses me off most about the New Orleans flood is that the Saints were already scheduled to play at New ENgland this year. If that had been a home game for the Saints then they might have played it in New Englans instead and the Patriots would have had an extra home game now.

Am I too shallow?

barangatang
09-06-2005, 10:36 PM
I havn't been following any preseason transactions, who are the contenders this year?

arak0r
09-06-2005, 10:39 PM
pretty dumb of the nlf to schedule that shit in ny. idiots :|

JohnnyNemesis
09-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Mmmmm, I'm down for some AFC East fornication. Though if ultrasounds show that our kid conceieved as a result of this will be a Dolphins fan then we're having a fucking abortion.

Wait, I don't want to go too far off-topic, but I can't believe I missed this! I am laughing so incredibly hard now. Holy shit!

arak0r
09-07-2005, 08:57 PM
so quick firstly, predictions for tomorrow nights game. i say 27-10 pats. maybe 27-17.

and secondly, just follow in suite.

afc east: new england
afc north: pittsburgh
afc south: jacksonville (god i know thats wrong but fuck indy)
afc west: san diego (alot of people seem to think theyre not gonna be as good this year, and thats prolly true, but i still the best in the west)
afc wildcards: new york, indianapolis (should switch indy and jax :p)

nfc east: philadelphia
nfc north: minnesota
nfc south: carolina
nfc west: arizona (come on, anyone has a chance in that division)
nfc wildcards: new york giants, atlanta

Offspring7
09-07-2005, 08:58 PM
hell yeah...pittsburgh for afc north

arak0r
09-08-2005, 12:22 PM
you are an idiot along with every other Person who thinks Denver will miss the playoffs. Plummer is 2 for 2 in getting to the Playoffs with Denver. And that is because all Plummer does is win games. He will be back in the Playoffs this year.

plummer is one of the most horribly overrated quarter backs in the nfl, dont be a retard.

Not Ozymandias
09-08-2005, 02:25 PM
dont be a retard.
You might as well ask him to grow wings and fly away.

arak0r
09-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Arizona? Are you fucking kidding me. They have no defense, and an ok(largely developing) offense. Ofcourse that offense can't compare with that of the Rams or Seahawks.

Wishomie, Plummer aint shit, he aint never been shit, and he'll never be shit. I don't care what kind of statistic you can think of, look at his QB rating. Not impressive. You're a running team, and if you defense doesn't get it's act together you can forget about the playoffs. And even if it did, think like, 9-7 or 8-8 and getting knocked out in the first round.

uh actually, look up the stats. zonas defense was one of the best pass defenses last year. the run defenses needs improvement, but it definately doesnt suck

Not Ozymandias
09-09-2005, 01:30 AM
Well, Rodney didn't take Moss's head off tonight. :( But everything else was fuckin' groovy.

I LOVED how New England didn't bother exploiting Oakland's piss-poor pass defense as much as they could've and instead kept trying to get the running game going. It's so obvious that Belichick viewed this as a 5th exhibition game.

I can't believe how disgustingly fat Warren Sapp is. It was cruel and unusual punishment to make him wear white. And the announcers are STILL making excuses for him sucking ass. It isn't because he "switched position" last year, it's because he gained fucking 60+ pounds of pure fat and can barely move anymore. He's isn't Ted Washington who was always fat, he was in good enough shape once and it's not a fucking coincidence that he turned to shit once he gained another person in weight. It blows my mind how they're making excuses for him when you can plainly SEE his rolls of fat hanging over his belt on television.

arak0r
09-09-2005, 01:46 AM
I can't believe how disgustingly fat Warren Sapp is. It was cruel and unusual punishment to make him wear white. And the announcers are STILL making excuses for him sucking ass. It isn't because he "switched position" last year, it's because he gained fucking 60+ pounds of pure fat and can barely move anymore. He's isn't Ted Washington who was always fat, he was in good enough shape once and it's not a fucking coincidence that he turned to shit once he gained another person in weight. It blows my mind how they're making excuses for him when you can plainly SEE his rolls of fat hanging over his belt on television.

indeed. its quite disappointing. he used to be one of my favorite players when he was with tampa bay. the man had SKILLS and he wasnt that much of a fatass. he could move his ass pretty damn fast for a guy his size. figures since he goes to chokeland he goes to shit

arak0r
09-09-2005, 11:45 AM
18/40. rofl.

pretty fly 88
09-09-2005, 02:42 PM
TTIG: Look at the Stats. The Saints had the worst defense in the league last year, and made no huge acquisitions to change that. So stop saying that they don't have a bad defense, especially since this year, they'll probably be playing all their games on the road. After all, they have no home, now, and teams with bad defenses and great offenses generally don't do as well on the road as at home.

offspring fan
09-09-2005, 02:43 PM
how do i create a thread???

bd007h
09-09-2005, 06:14 PM
The Bills have a better chance than the Broncos

Alec
09-10-2005, 10:33 AM
go Giants!!!

Not Ozymandias
09-10-2005, 02:11 PM
I still think the AFC west is the toughest Division. How is the AFC east the toughest division. They've got the Doulphins. The AFC west has 4 teams who will finish .500 or better.
The Dolphins just had their first losing season in almost 20 years.

The Patriots and Jets are both Super Bowl contenders, the West has 0.

bd007h
09-10-2005, 02:39 PM
thats the funniest thing I've ever heard. The only good player they have is Willis Magahee and Lee Evans. JP Lossman still has a lot of questions.

what about the number 1 defense in the NFL?

bd007h
09-10-2005, 02:42 PM
That belongs to the Ravens.

no, the bills had the #1 defense last season, and it's not too much different this year.

Not Ozymandias
09-10-2005, 02:46 PM
They did NOT have the #1 defense last year, Pittsburgh did. Six teams gave up fewer points than Buffalo.

Not Ozymandias
09-10-2005, 08:32 PM
*snickers*
They can't even celebrate their best player in franchise histroy because he murdered two people!

Though the comeback from 35-3 was pretty sweet, even if they only deserve partial credit for it.

bd007h
09-10-2005, 08:43 PM
The Bills are a forgotten team kid. They haven't done anything since OJ. They don't even have a player who's name is worth remembering outside of possibly Willis Mcgahee. They don't have nearly what it would take to get the division crown. Hell, they might as well pack up the team and go to Los Angeles.

what about London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes?

bd007h
09-10-2005, 09:12 PM
London Fletcher is good, but Takeo Spikes is pro-bowl material

bd007h
09-11-2005, 02:29 PM
FINAL:

Buffalo Bills - 22

Houston Texans - 7

Buffalo Bills: 1-0

arak0r
09-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Who cares. Ther Bills beat a team whos winless this year. The Broncos lost to an undefeated team. I'm not surprised that Denver Lost. They can't seem to beat the Daulphins in Miami. I still think Denver will win the AFC west with a 10 - 6 record.
christ youre stupid

bd007h
09-11-2005, 03:49 PM
The Bills are 9-0 in games that McGahee as rushed for over 80 + yards. Losman threw for over a hundred yards in the first quarter alone.

bd007h
09-11-2005, 05:58 PM
I still have no idea who Lasman is, and I love the NFL. So much that I'd masturbate to winning Bucs games, if there weren't so many men on the screen.

J.P. Losman is the Bills starting QB this year... DUH :rolleyes:

bd007h
09-11-2005, 06:02 PM
I've figured that much out using my awesome power of logic. Point is that he's so unspecial that I don't know a thing about him, and I know rosters like the back of my nutsack. I can't go into extreme detail, but I have a pretty good idea how it looks.

He's actually pretty damn mobile for a white QB.

bd007h
09-11-2005, 06:08 PM
I don't understand how some QBs that are athletes are so damn slow.

Or how Byron Leftwich, who is obviously black, is so damn slow.

Or how beaners suck so much at football there aren't really any. Not a damn one at QB.

Bledsoe was usually slower than a turtle, but he did so some good speed sometimes last season. Losman is far more fast than Bledsoe ever was. Losman had 31 yards on 6 carries today, including a 19 yard carry.

bd007h
09-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Listen to this guy. He's smart. And well endowed.

you can't deny that Flutie is the best QB the Bills had since Jim Kelly

Italia311
09-11-2005, 07:52 PM
the buffalo bills fucking suck. worst fucking city in the world. worst people.

bd007h
09-11-2005, 08:02 PM
worst fucking city in the world. worst people.

what does that have to do with football? Shut your fucking mouth, and go watch your 3 down football with a 120 yard field.

Italia311
09-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Haha WEAK.

Im not going to defend the CFL..I dont care too. I watch both NFL and CFL, to me they both have their advantages and disadvantages. I made a comment regarding LOSERS in buffalo. I guess you have some person connection to the ARMPIT of the United States...oh wait..u live in Rochester....lol.

Not Ozymandias
09-11-2005, 08:58 PM
That shouldn't matter all that much. What a player does off the field should not effect how he was remembered on it.

They fucked Micheal Irvin over.
Dude. There's "off-the-field issues" and then there's double homicide. If OJ was a Patriot and the team honored him I'd boycott them for the rest of my life.

What about Irvin?

Not Ozymandias
09-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Eh, he was never that great, he was lucky to play on that team. Plus, he still has time to get in.

Not Ozymandias
09-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Right, you can get that at a million different websites/newspapers, so unless you're going to contribute to the discussion by commenting on the game, stop posting statistics/records.

The Buccaneers upset the Vikings 24-13. MVP of that game was easily Brain Kelly, who intercepted Cullpepper twice in the redzone.The score going into the 4th was 17-7. Their only score was defensively(and the first of the game), so major props to the Bucs defense on only allowing 2 FGs. Rookie TE Alex smith caught two touchdowns.

In the final 2 minutes, the Bucs intercepted the Vikings (17-13) in the Redzone, and then rookie HB Cadillac Willaims broke free for a 70+ yard run. This guy will be part of a lot of sports talk this week**. Now, going into the 2nd half he was something like 17 for 63. Not bad at all for a rookie behind what is possibly the worst O-line in football(three new guys on it this year, one of which is a rook) facing a tough front 7 from the Vikings*. His average went down in the second, since we were only running the clock and Minnesota knew it.

* The Minnesota Vikings: Fuck Randy Moss(and I think he's the best WR in the league). They've got a lot of depth at WR, including 1st rounder Troy Williamson. Cullpepper is THE guy to watch in the NFC this year. We're the conference for Niggerbacks throwing the ball, and this guy could do better than Mcnabb, especially if Mike Tice stops being a pussy and lets him run. Bug guy too, saw him shake off sure tacklers on the Bucs, including one play (3rd and long, bucs brought the blitz) where he dragged SS Jermaine Phillips around his waist for a good 4-5 yards before falling down. The cap room given by trading Moss, and has gotten them 5 new starters on defense that look serious. CB Fred Smoot, FS Darren Sharper, LBs Napolean Harris(traded by Oakland) and some other LB, and DT Pat Williams. If they function well as a unit, Minnesota could have a top 10 defense. That only leaves their running game as questionable.

** Sports talk this week: God, will people shut the fuck up about The New Orleans Saints. Yeah, they beat the Panthers 23-20. That won't bring back any dead people. Just talk about football, and not about the hurricane. Sports announcers always have to devote one of every five minutes of Saints coverage to "and the Saints, marching out with high spirits, even after the terrible terrible tragedy of Hurricane Katrina. I think they give hope to everyone in New Orleans and the area affected by the Hurricane, blah fucking blah blah blah..."
I think Culpepper is in for a long season, he switched offensive coordinators and he was lousy the last time that happened. And no matter what people say about Moss's diminshed numbers last year the fact of the matter is that Culpepper's numbers were ALL better with Moss in the game, even as the decoy. Without him last year he was average.
Loved seeing Tampa win.

I'm watching the Sunday night game (Colts v. Ravens) and the announcers can't shut up about what swell people the Mannings are for their charitable work for New Orleans. So not only is the hurricane going to be talked about incessantly for all Saints games, but also for the Colts and Giants games this year. Fucking hell....

bd007h
09-11-2005, 09:17 PM
OJ murdering 2 people didn't keep him out of the hall.

Not Ozymandias
09-11-2005, 09:18 PM
...Maybe because he got in a decade before he killed them?

bd007h
09-11-2005, 09:22 PM
...Maybe because he got in a decade before he killed them?

yeah, but something like that could remove people from the hall.

Not Ozymandias
09-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Somebody cannot be removed from the Hall of Fame, and he was acquitted so they'd have no grounds if they could.

Fuck you, Denver, I was looking for at least TWO seasons of Miami sucking.

bd007h
09-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Somebody cannot be removed from the Hall of Fame, and he was acquitted so they'd have no grounds if they could.

Fuck you, Denver, I was looking for at least TWO seasons of Miami sucking.

hahah, sucks for Wishomie. :rolleyes:

arak0r
09-11-2005, 11:12 PM
the hurricane is the new 9/11!

WE WILL NEVER FORGET

Not Ozymandias
09-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Fans should commemerate by looting the concession stands.

Not Ozymandias
09-12-2005, 10:34 PM
It's a storyline, they won't let it go all year. You've have better luck getting them to shut up about T.O.'s next meltdown (he's due, by the way).

calichix
09-12-2005, 11:33 PM
did anyone see the niners game tonight? hoooooo-wee!!

arak0r
09-13-2005, 12:18 AM
9ers didnt play tonight..

calichix
09-13-2005, 12:25 AM
yes they did I done saw it. actually, it might have been taped on tivo.

bd007h
09-13-2005, 05:53 PM
who/what is 9ers?

the 49ers, you dumb fuck.

Not Ozymandias
09-13-2005, 10:04 PM
did anyone see the niners game tonight? hoooooo-wee!!
Does this mean you're no longer a Raiders fan? If so we can officially get married now.

bd007h
09-13-2005, 10:14 PM
bd007, our teams go at it next Sunday. You better have a great D-line, because we'll fuck Losman(ha, it sounds like loss-man, as in, the guy who's gonna fuck the game up for the Bills) up. Zone defenses and blitzes have destroyed young QBs since they wore leather helmets. And that's what the Tampa 2 is all about.

Tampa and Buffalo have 2 of the best Defenses in the league, but almost no offense. It should be a good one.

barangatang
09-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Hhahhaha the 9ers won!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!

bd007h
09-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Eric Moulds and Lee Evans, 2 top notch receivers

bd007h
09-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Lee Evans is a nobody.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You've got to be kidding. Did he not lead all rookie receivers in touchdowns last season?

bd007h
09-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Evans still had more touchdowns

jade fahy
09-13-2005, 10:40 PM
i hates new orleans.... :mad:

bd007h
09-13-2005, 10:40 PM
buffalo had the #2 defense last year. They can hold Tampa's offense.

arak0r
09-14-2005, 01:18 AM
buffalo had the #2 defense last year. They can hold Tampa's offense.

just bolded an obvious flaw in your theory

JohnnyNemesis
09-14-2005, 11:33 AM
When it comes to sports, bd007h must be like, 13 years old right now. That's the mindset he seems to use. Lee fuckin' Evans? Come ON now.

bd007h
09-14-2005, 12:27 PM
When it comes to sports, bd007h must be like, 13 years old right now. That's the mindset he seems to use. Lee fuckin' Evans? Come ON now.

Lee Evans led all rookie receivers in touch downs last year. Don't tell me it was a fluke

JohnnyNemesis
09-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Leading all rookie receivers in touchdowns means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when Clayton's numbers are a million times better.

bd007h
09-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Leading all rookie receivers in touchdowns means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when Clayton's numbers are a million times better.

Yards don't matter when the game is all said and done, just what's on the score board.

JohnnyNemesis
09-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah, but when one player has only two more touchdowns than the next, but that other player got tons of yards and allowes for OTHER scoring opportunities as well as his own, then he's clearly superior.

bd007h
09-14-2005, 01:00 PM
300 yards more. Wow. Maybe if Lee Evans started for the whole season, not just half of it.

bd007h
09-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Leading in rook TDs is pretty good

So obviously Lee Evans isn't a nobody.

Not Ozymandias
09-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Wasn't Lee Evans the pizza boy who was pretending to be crippled in There's Something About Mary?

bd007h
09-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Lee Evans:

Evans (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6772)

bd007h
09-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Nate Clements and Terrance McGee are great CBs too. Lawyer Milloy may be old, but he's still one of the top ten Strong Safeties in the NFL. Troy Vincent is doing good at Free Safety after being moved from CB last year. Buffalo has 3 of the best LB in the NFL. The D-line is solid too, With Aaron Schobel, Sam Adams, and Chris Kelsay.

pretty fly 88
09-15-2005, 06:26 PM
I hope the Bills defense keeps playing great. That defense is on my fantasy football team. It got my team 29 points and helped it to victory despite terrible performances from fellow teammates Daunte Culpepper and Curtis Martin. I hope Daunte Culpepper plays better against a horrible Bengals defense than he did against that great Bucs defense, but who knows? Maybe the losses of Randy Moss and Matt Birk will hurt his production a lot more than we think.

pretty fly 88
09-16-2005, 03:44 PM
^ Curtis Martin? It should have been obvious, during last season, that he was too old to duplicate 100 yds a game. You're an idiot.

^^look, kid, you can tell me how each Bills player is wonderful in many ways, but I don't care. I think that when we match up, our defenses will both do well, but your young QB might struggle against ours, where as Griese, who isn't anything special but is atleast a good veteran QB will do adequately against yours. Win or lose, this will probably hold true, and while there are a hundred other factors that can determine the outcome of the game, the above prediction is probably the one you can count on, and it's slightly in my favor. I'll admit I'm a fan and my opinion is biased, but given all the player matchups, I predict a very close game that the Bucs win. The kind so close had they played in Buffalo the Bills would have probably won. We'll see.
The Bills aren't my team really. I just have their defense on my fantasy football team. My team is the Redskins :mad: . I'm not convinced that Curtis Martin is too old to duplicate his 100 yards per game. He always has a history of starting slow and then getting better as the season goes on.
In the season opener 2 years ago against the Redskins terrible defensive line, he only had 50 yards, so it looked like he was in for a horrible season, but he picked it up and still managed to break 1,000 yards for the season. The Chiefs ought to have a good defense this year, so you shouldn't judge him on that one game. When he rushes for 1,600 yards and goes to the Pro Bowl again, you're gonna feel really silly.

bd007h
09-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Lee Evans. He's going to have a break out year.

pretty fly 88
09-17-2005, 08:08 AM
This Thread Is Gay: Aren't you a Saints fan? Because a month ago you were talking about how good the Saints were. You made it sound you expected the Saints to win the division, and probably only Saints fans expected the Saints to win the division. You made it sound like the Saints were your team. Now you're making it sound like the Bucs are your team. You're saying that they will beat the Bills, and you're doing that by saying "We will beat you." So now I'm confused. Who's your team?

pretty fly 88
09-17-2005, 08:16 AM
^ Curtis Martin? It should have been obvious, during last season, that he was too old to duplicate 100 yds a game. You're an idiot.

^^look, kid, you can tell me how each Bills player is wonderful in many ways, but I don't care. I think that when we match up, our defenses will both do well, but your young QB might struggle against ours, where as Griese, who isn't anything special but is atleast a good veteran QB will do adequately against yours. Win or lose, this will probably hold true, and while there are a hundred other factors that can determine the outcome of the game, the above prediction is probably the one you can count on, and it's slightly in my favor. I'll admit I'm a fan and my opinion is biased, but given all the player matchups, I predict a very close game that the Bucs win. The kind so close had they played in Buffalo the Bills would have probably won. We'll see.
The Bucs have no offensive line, which should really hurt them against the Bills. Expect Griese to be under non-stop pressure all day. The Bills offensive line may be nothing special, but I'm fairly sure it's better than the Bucs. I expected the Bucs to be terrible before the season started, and they may have proven me wrong in week 1, but it's a long season. Losman looked like a good quarterback in week !, so I don't know how much he'll struggle this week. As a non-fan of either team, I predict a Bills victory.