PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me?

lamb666
08-14-2005, 09:01 AM
I am in serious need of a high and i dont get paid till the end of next month!
does anyone out there know of anythin i could probly find round the house for a quick high?!?!?!?!?!?!

JoY
08-14-2005, 09:03 AM
oh noez.. not this topic again.

go sniff some glue, or something. I'd give you my hash, as I don't smoke it anyway & since you sound pretty fucking desperate, but yeah, can't give it to a fucking username on my computerscreen.

Sin Studly
08-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Mix bleach and denatured alcohol in a metal jar, and heat it until it boils. Then wait for it to cool down and drink it. It'll get you waaasted.

JoY
08-14-2005, 09:12 AM
sounds healthy alright. *grins*

Sin Studly
08-14-2005, 09:14 AM
Listen to her, she's a doctor. And I've done it loads of times before, it's awesome. Just make sure you cool the shit down (30 minutes in the fridge) before you drink it or it'll burn a little.

Thucydides
08-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Mix bleach and denatured alcohol in a metal jar, and heat it until it boils. Then wait for it to cool down and drink it. It'll get you waaasted.

What does that actually do?

Sin Studly
08-15-2005, 04:55 AM
It gets you wasted, it's heaps good. I do it all the time, and so do all my friends.

neocon58
08-15-2005, 05:07 AM
Another one of those satanic threads, started by a user with the 'satanic' number...

lamb666
08-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Another one of those satanic threads, started by a user with the 'satanic' number...

seriously people, if u dont like the fucking topic then dont post a goddamned reply, its that fucken simple.
And another thing, i am pretty sure 666 is the number of the beast.

Sin Studly
08-15-2005, 07:10 AM
"The Beast" means Satan, you fucking moron.

lamb666
08-15-2005, 07:16 AM
Yes, I am sure the spawn of the devil "satan" is in fact, the devil.
and another thing, where in the fuck does the name "satan" come from?!
I dont remember ever readin bout that in the bible. possibly satans bible, dunno, havent read it

Sin Studly
08-15-2005, 07:24 AM
From the Egyptian diety Seth, I would imagine.

lamb666
08-15-2005, 07:28 AM
From the Egyptian diety Seth, I would imagine.
And what have the egyptians got to do with the Bible?

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 07:29 AM
and another thing, where in the fuck does the name "satan" come from?!
I dont remember ever readin bout that in the bible. possibly satans bible, dunno, havent read it

Latin to the rescue!

From late Latin/Greek: 'plotter'. :D

lamb666
08-15-2005, 07:31 AM
Latin to the rescue!

From late Latin/Greek: 'plotter'. :D

Again, where does that tie in with God and the Bible?

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 07:33 AM
Again, where does that tie in with God and the Bible?

I just looked it up - the Greek word comes from the Hebrew one meaning 'adversary/plot against'.

I guess it ties in because the new testament was written in Hebrew?

Sin Studly
08-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Cause the Bible was originally written in English, in the year 4000BC, and never appropriated aspects from other organised religions into it?

You're a fucking moron.

lamb666
08-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Cause the Bible was originally written in English, in the year 4000BC, and never appropriated aspects from other organised religions into it?

You're a fucking moron.
The Bible is about God, its not about other organised religions, whos a fucking moron?

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 07:41 AM
whos a fucking moron?

you .

Sin Studly
08-15-2005, 07:47 AM
Christianity evolved from Judaism, which evolved from Zoroastrianism which evolved from middle-eastern polytheism and ancient mysticism and shamanism. This is an oversimplified analysis, as you're obviously too fucking stupid to understand the whole concept of a new religion developing and appropriating aspects from all other religions of the time (and even archaic forgotten religions), so there you have it in plain oversimplified English, you fucking moron.

lamb666
08-15-2005, 07:53 AM
I don't quite understand how anyone could be so ignorant, clearly the Bible is a book about God and that means, Christians, Catholics and Jews. True, the egyptians were blamed for forcing Moses' people into slavery, I don't ever remember reading about ancient Latin in the Bible? 666, is the number of the Beast and that does not mean "satan", Jesus is simply God on earth. But what does it all mean? Good question. Care to fill that one guys?

Sin Studly
08-15-2005, 08:04 AM
I don't quite understand how anyone could be so ignorant, clearly the Bible is a book about God1 and that means, Christians, Catholics and Jews2. True, the egyptians were blamed for forcing Moses' people into slavery, I don't ever remember reading about ancient Latin in the Bible?3 666, is the number of the Beast and that does not mean "satan"4, Jesus is simply God on earth5. But what does it all mean? Good question. Care to fill that one guys?

1 - The Christian Bible is an agglomaration of scriptures describing Jesus in life, and the deeds he accomplished, ancient Hebrew morality tales intended to teach people the correct way to live their lives through fictional stories, and sectarian doctrine on the correct way to behave , from everything to how men should cut their hair to what believers should and shouldn't eat, to sexual behaviour and worshipping practises.

2 - Catholics are Christians, and the bible is simply a word that means "holy book", if you can apply it to the Jewish Torah or Talmud then you can equally apply it to the Q'uran, the Book of Mormon, Dianetics, etc.

3 - Do you think perhaps the point might be that the Bible was translated into Latin long before it was translated into English, and certain untranslatable words were carried over into the modern versions when Martin Luther rallied to have the bible translated into languages people actually spoke at the time?

4 - "The Beast" is another name for Satan.

5 - Jesus was not "simply God on earth", he was part of the Holy Trinity, believed by Christians to be the son of God, immaculately concieved through the womb of the Virgin Mary, and sacrificed for the sins of mankind. Some believe that God is divided into three entities, the father, the son, the holy ghost, and some don't. The Jews and Muslims believe that although Jesus was a prophet of God, he was not of divine blood, and Moses or Mohammad were more divine than Jesus.

You're an ignorant fucking moron.

Sinister
08-15-2005, 08:41 AM
(explanations)

and you shouldn't take the time to reply to him if you think he's such a moron. unless you're trying to help him outa his moronity (and I don't know if that word exists, English is my 2nd language only.)

Sin Studly
08-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Teaching idiots is a thankless and impossible job, it seems. Honestly, it's a pity you don't need to learn how to breathe, or idiots like him would never have survived past birth.

Vera
08-15-2005, 09:01 AM
The Bible is about God, its not about other organised religions, whos a fucking moron?
Holy fuck you are funny.

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-15-2005, 09:18 AM
1 - The Christian Bible is an agglomaration of scriptures describing Jesus in life, and the deeds he accomplished, ancient Hebrew morality tales intended to teach people the correct way to live their lives through fictional stories, and sectarian doctrine on the correct way to behave , from everything to how men should cut their hair to what believers should and shouldn't eat, to sexual behaviour and worshipping practises.

2 - Catholics are Christians, and the bible is simply a word that means "holy book", if you can apply it to the Jewish Torah or Talmud then you can equally apply it to the Q'uran, the Book of Mormon, Dianetics, etc.

3 - Do you think perhaps the point might be that the Bible was translated into Latin long before it was translated into English, and certain untranslatable words were carried over into the modern versions when Martin Luther rallied to have the bible translated into languages people actually spoke at the time?

5 - Jesus was not "simply God on earth", he was part of the Holy Trinity, believed by Christians to be the son of God, immaculately concieved through the womb of the Virgin Mary, and sacrificed for the sins of mankind. Some believe that God is divided into three entities, the father, the son, the holy ghost, and some don't. The Jews and Muslims believe that although Jesus was a prophet of God, he was not of divine blood, and Moses or Mohammad were more divine than Jesus.

pwnd.

.... I am utterly speechless.

wheelchairman
08-15-2005, 10:25 AM
The new Testament was written in Arameic Jenny, not Hebrew.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-15-2005, 10:29 AM

That is very true. I know, im a christian. Except. It isn't the holy ghost, it's the holy spirit.

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 10:31 AM
The new Testament was written in Arameic Jenny, not Hebrew.

I meant old testament (wrote 'new' for some reason - oops)

Anyway, I thought the new was written in Greek - I translated parts of it.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-15-2005, 10:31 AM

Also, The bible was writting by other prophets from god. Not only Jesus.

Catcholic is a religion, Christianity is a believe. Catholics and Christians believe many differen't things, so they aren't the same.

wheelchairman
08-15-2005, 10:33 AM
I meant old testament (wrote 'new' for some reason - oops)

Anyway, I thought the new was written in Greek - I translated parts of it.
They translated it to Greek later on, but it started in Arameic. I think Peter did the whole Greek thing.

Conspiracy of One
08-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Ok this thread is fucked................Paint thinner in a Zip lock bag and inhale. :rolleyes:

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 10:35 AM
They translated it to Greek later on, but it started in Arameic. I think Peter did the whole Greek thing.

No, that's just a theory.

Let's look at wikipedia shall we?

The common language spoken in the time of Jesus was Aramaic. However, the original text of the New Testament was most likely written in Koine Greek, the vernacular dialect in first-century Roman provinces, and has since been widely translated into other languages, most notably Latin, Syriac, and Coptic. (However, some of the church fathers may imply that Matthew was originally written in Hebrew or more likely Aramaic, and there is another contention that Paul wrote the Hebrews in Hebrew, which was translated into Greek by Luke. Neither view holds much support among modern scholars, who argue that the literary quality of Matthew and Hebrews suggests that they were composed directly in Greek, rather than being translated.)

It is notable that many books of the New Testament, especially the gospels of Mark and John, are written in relatively poor Greek. They are far from the refined Attic or Classical Greek one finds composed by the higher classes, ruling elites, and trained philosophers of the time.

A very small minority of scholars consider the Aramaic version of the New Testament to be the original and believe the Greek is a translation (see Aramaic primacy)

~*hit_that*~
08-15-2005, 10:38 AM
seriously people, if u dont like the fucking topic then dont post a goddamned reply, its that fucken simple.
And another thing, i am pretty sure 666 is the number of the beast.

yes, it is :)

Iron Maiden :D

and the idea of mixing stuff with bleach sounds...OHMEGAWD....

okay, i'm not gonna go there :confused:

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Ok, people have different opinions because they have different believes.

So, let's go back to topic.

Don't get high!

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand my tolerance for idiocy drops ever lower.

coke_a_holic
08-15-2005, 10:47 AM
I didn't think lamb666 could say anything more stupid than the first post, but I was horribly wrong. Mankind is hopeless.

Sin Studly
08-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Nimrod In Town']That is very true. I know, im a christian. Except. It isn't the holy ghost, it's the holy spirit.

Also, The bible was writting by other prophets from god. Not only Jesus.

Catcholic is a religion, Christianity is a believe. Catholics and Christians believe many differen't things, so they aren't the same.

Holy ghost is what people used to say, they changed it to holy spirit because it sounded too "occult" and I'm used to hearing my grandmother say her prayers so thats what I remember.

Okay, Jesus didn't write anything in the bible, his disciples wrote about him. And his disciples weren't prophets, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and the rest of them were simply chroniclers of Jesus Christ.

Catholicism refers to a number of sects (Coptic, Roman, I forget the rest) within Christianity. Catholics are Christians, just as Orthadox and Protestants are.

Vera
08-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Really ought to not trust Wikipedia all that much, it can be edited by ANYONE.

wheelchairman
08-15-2005, 03:02 PM
No, that's just a theory.

That's the view preported by one source who wrote that in Wikipedia. It is certainly not definite. The Greek parts were written originally so that the local authorities could not read it. What was originally written, preached, and spread around was in Arameic, the local tongue.

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 03:07 PM
That's the view preported by one source who wrote that in Wikipedia. It is certainly not definite. The Greek parts were written originally so that the local authorities could not read it. What was originally written, preached, and spread around was in Arameic, the local tongue.

no it's not though - I've always been told that it was written in Greek and that's usually what encyclopaedias say too.

Plus, a lot of important works were written in Greek around that time so it makes sense for the bible to be in Greek - a lot of the Roman medical books, for example, are in Greek. (that's just my view, from what I've noticed)

I think the local authorities probably could read Greek anyway - it was an important part of education back then.

Conspiracy of One
08-15-2005, 03:08 PM
no it's not though - I've always been told that it was written in Greek and that's usually what encyclopaedias say too.

Plus, a lot of important works were written in Greek around that time so it makes sense for the bible to be in Greek - a lot of the Roman medical books, for example, are in Greek. (that's just my view, from what I've noticed)

Ya spelt Encyclopedias wrong :p

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2005, 03:08 PM
No she didn't. Encyclopedia is our Americanized version of the spelling. Hers is proper too.

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 03:20 PM
^ exactly!

Ya spelt Encyclopedias wrong :p

If anything you spell encyclopaedia wrong (yes, I know that's now acceptable but it really shouldn't be):

enkuklios (general)
paideia (education)

oh...I love Greek :cool:

Conspiracy of One
08-15-2005, 03:22 PM
^ exactly!

If anything you spell encyclopaedia wrong (yes, I know that's now acceptable but it really shouldn't be):

enkuklios (general)
paideia (education)

oh...I love Greek :cool:
.....sure :D

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2005, 03:25 PM
(yes, I know that's now acceptable but it really shouldn't be)

Yes, it should be acceptable. Languages evolve, and they should.

Sin Studly
08-16-2005, 01:08 AM
Lolz, I'm lamb666. PWNT YOU GUYS AGAIN!

wheelchairman
08-16-2005, 03:35 AM

I think the local authorities probably could read Greek anyway - it was an important part of education back then.
You have to understand, early Christianity was not anything official. It was a persecuted underground movement. What language medical books were written in, is completely irrelevant. The first works would've been written in the language understood by the people they were trying to reach. And the early christians were trying to appeal for the rights of the peasants, fishermen, taxmen, prostitutes, everyone society generally didn't think much of. The non-greek speaking society.

Maybe the first official publications of the bible were greek or whatever, but it makes no sense whatsoever to believe that the bible was originally written in Greek. Or maybe the oldest copies of the bible found were written in Greek, atlhough I don't know about that.