PDA

View Full Version : 37537537 Reasons why MySpace is stupid

sKratch
08-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Reason #8358

Ok I recently added this to my profile, I think last night:

ALL STUPID BANDS THAT MORE THAN LIKELY SUCK WILL BE REJECTED BY PRINCIPLE. The best way to make a name for yourself is to make good music. Not add random people on myspace. Unless you want to be known as a clown-bus of asshats.

What happens today? Random band wants me to add them. Fuck off.

Human
08-14-2005, 05:50 PM
That's stupid.

WebDudette
08-14-2005, 05:50 PM
I get that all the time fucking annoying.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Another Reason:

The "leader" Tom, left myspace with thousands of millions of dollars saying "See ya, suckas!!"

Little_Miss_1565
08-14-2005, 06:54 PM
...Except Tom didn't leave MySpace.

Skratch, that's why I changed my friend add preferences to say that only people who know my e-mail or last name can add me.

Endymion
08-14-2005, 07:56 PM
...Except Tom didn't leave MySpace.

Skratch, that's why I changed my friend add preferences to say that only people who know my e-mail or last name can add me.

hmmm... while i don't know your last name, i *do* know your email. too bad i'm lazy.

i'll add you when i'm less lazy (hopefully tonight)

Not Ozymandias
08-14-2005, 08:03 PM
I hate everyone who doesn't remove Tom from their list of friends.

ThrashedThrasher
08-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Reason #8358

Ok I recently added this to my profile, I think last night:

What happens today? Random band wants me to add them. Fuck off.

Quit your fucking bitching you whiney little fuck. It's not like you absolutely have to add them. Bands adding themselves to people's profiles and shit allows them to have more people check their profile out (when one looks at your list of friends, they are going to see the bands) < There are people, such as my self, that go through people's profiles and look at all the bands they have on their friend's list. I personally don't give a flying fuck if a band requests to add me unless they're some shitty punk/emo/or ska band or anything alternative. If you're going to complain about it there's a simple solution : Stop Using MySpace!

JohnnyNemesis
08-14-2005, 08:52 PM
I hate everyone who doesn't remove Tom from their list of friends.

I'm with you on this one.

I personally don't give a flying fuck if a band requests to add me unless they're some shitty punk/emo/or ska band or anything alternative.

So, if they're a bad band, you DO give a flying fuck, and you DO mind? Way to discredit everything else you just said.

Rag Doll
08-14-2005, 08:54 PM
I like Tom! He's all dorky. <3 hrmph.

And I'm not a big fan of the band thing either. If I like a particular band, I'll add them without them annoying me about it.

WebDudette
08-14-2005, 08:57 PM
It's also kinda stupid to add bands to your friends I looked at a friends friend list and half the people on there were bands that he is never gonna talk to.

coke_a_holic
08-14-2005, 08:59 PM
What's worse is when people you don't know add you and then it turns out they've made like a billion bulletins all with the same subject. Only one is needed to convey one message.

ThrashedThrasher
08-15-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm with you on this one.

So, if they're a bad band, you DO give a flying fuck, and you DO mind? Way to discredit everything else you just said.

I check the band out before I add them, if i feel that they suck I don't add them you idiot. It's not like I randomly pick out the bands that want to add me and think "oh, these people must suck."

Vera
08-15-2005, 10:31 AM
I just haven't got around to remove Tom from my friends list.

But fine, hate me all you want.

*angsts*

Chris
08-15-2005, 07:59 PM
It's also kinda stupid to add bands to your friends I looked at a friends friend list and half the people on there were bands that he is never gonna talk to.

the idea mainly is to keep up to date with the band via the bulletins, hence adding bands....

sKratch
08-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Quit your fucking bitching you whiney little fuck. It's not like you absolutely have to add them. Bands adding themselves to people's profiles and shit allows them to have more people check their profile out (when one looks at your list of friends, they are going to see the bands) < There are people, such as my self, that go through people's profiles and look at all the bands they have on their friend's list. I personally don't give a flying fuck if a band requests to add me unless they're some shitty punk/emo/or ska band or anything alternative. If you're going to complain about it there's a simple solution : Stop Using MySpace!
Yowza, do I have to squirt you with water? Calm the fuck down, woman. Let's look at this logically.

If you're in a band, chances are you want your name known. Option (a): Play good music. Play local shows and get people to like you. Advertise locally in person or have friends shout you out. Option (b): Add random people on MySpace who (1) live nowhere near you (2) don't necessarily like your style of mysic (3) will most likely never listen to you (4) have expressed no interest in checking you out, and in my case, (5) have explicitely expressed a lack of interest in checking out random bands. I find this to be a completely illigitimate and lame way to get your name out there.

And I didn't read much past "Quit your fucking bitching you whiney little fuck. " because that was out of line.

I'm gonna rape you.

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-16-2005, 06:05 AM
Quit your fucking bitching you whiney little fuck.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v435/TheUnholyNightbringer/PotKettleBlack.jpg

Flexing Wings
08-16-2005, 06:14 AM
What annoys me about that Tom dude was when he posted a long bulletin about how he wanted to stop attention whoring and those chain-bulletins... and then promptly post a bulletin the next day about wanting people to check out his pictures and boring shit like that... and then posts a fucking chain-bulletin.

He's just poaching off the innocent n00bs who join the site... obviously has no real life... etc.

Also got sick of weirdos adding me, that live at the opposite end of England, and being all 'asl?', 'wanna meet up?' or my personal favourite 'u got a web cam?'.

*Sighs*

Shame because in most cases the internet can be a chance to talk to people without any intentions or motives... but it can also be a chance for sick, bored people to try and pick up everyone they think is 'hawt'.

Sin Studly
08-16-2005, 06:35 AM
What is MySpace, who is Tom, and why does everybody but me seem to know?

HornyPope
08-16-2005, 06:41 AM
Its like this American cyber-forum thing. I only joined to browse some pics of friends (really innocent stuff, i swear. really) but havent got around to adding any friends or whatever.

nieh
08-16-2005, 06:42 AM
MySpace = teenage waste e-breeding ground

Betty
08-16-2005, 06:59 AM
Yeah, definitely one of those American things, like AIM.

I'm like Vlad, joined to browse, and Tom is my only friend, don't make fun.

HornyPope
08-16-2005, 07:18 AM
I actually tried to search for females in my area code but it came up with 0 results. Wtf.

Sin Studly
08-16-2005, 07:20 AM
So who the fuck is Tom and why does everybody seem to know him?

Demonicdude
08-16-2005, 07:37 AM
my brother loves myspace....he is evil!

Vera
08-16-2005, 08:47 AM
So who the fuck is Tom and why does everybody seem to know him?
The ugly geek who started the site.

Sin Studly
08-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Oh, well... I guess I hate him on principle, then.

sKratch
08-16-2005, 09:59 AM
I was very happy when I realized you can remove Tom from your friends.