PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!!!

Offsprang
08-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Yesterday was the greatest day of my life.

Me and my boyfriend went to the Warped Tour, basically just to see the Offspring. We even bought some Monster VIP Passes on eBay so we could maybe get backstage (maybe), which turned out to be a total scam. Luckily, the Monster tour manager felt bad that we got ripped off and gave us some sponser bracelets, which GUARANTEED we would get back stage! :) So, We were heading back behind the main stage and we saw Higgins. He was really cool, he signed my bf's CO1 CD and my Offspring hoodie. Then we went back towards their tent where all the equipment was, and Atom was inside working on his drums. He came over and talked to us, signed our things, and then gave me one of his drumsticks, which he later signed when I went back and asked him to (very nice of him). We sat around under a tree in front of the tour buses for a while because it started drizzling, and it turned out to be the Offspring's tour bus. After we were there for a while, my boyfriend got up to go somewhere else. I called him back, and then told him to turn around, because Greg K. was walking up right behind him. He was really nice too, and he signed our things for us, and we even saw him smile, which was nice, because I don't seem to see much of that in their pictures. We went and sat back down and a few minutes later saw Noodles walking towards the bus. We got to talk to him too, and he also signed our stuff, but even better, we got to take a picture with him! We decided to wait a while longer for Dexter, but he didn't come, so we moved back to right behind the stage. We saw Higgins again, and so I asked him if we could come up on stage with them when they played. He was really nice, and he said YES!!! It was really exciting, because there families were there and everything, and they still let us be up there with them. Once we were actually on stage, Dexter came out, and it was amazing. They started playing and everyone started singing and the energy was insane. I could feel the stage moving around underneath us.

I hope the guys read the message boards once in a while (even when on tour), because what I really want now is just to thank them. Yesterday really was the best, and I wanted them to know that. The Offspring have been my favorite band for years and years, and getting to meet them and be a part of something like that was really a dream come true. Sorry to get all sappy on you guys, but it was. I have been beaming ever since. All I can hope now is that they go on tour again soon so that maybe I could have the chance to do it all over again.

BEST DAY EVER!!! :D :D :D

(and sorry if this post is here more than once, it wasn't working the first few times.)

dain84
08-14-2005, 07:39 PM
You are sooo lucky.

Human
08-14-2005, 07:45 PM
You are sooo lucky.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Camilamazed
08-14-2005, 08:26 PM
Whooooooooa

That's great ^^

Jebus
08-14-2005, 08:35 PM
post the ebay link to those fake pases

vintagepunkrock7
08-14-2005, 08:37 PM
thats a really nice post (no matter how jealous i am lol). not like the usual omg omg i saw them omg!<-----even though i think i might be a dork like that if i got to meet them, but i will try to contain myself for the sanity of others lol.

peko
08-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Is your boyfriend "offspringing" on the boards here? Because he posted pretty much the same story here yesterday. Yours is much easier to read though. That's really awesome, you guys are lucky as hell.

Don't forget to show us the pics!!

Sam
08-14-2005, 11:30 PM
you are so lucky!!! :D

lost_nvrfound
08-15-2005, 01:08 AM
omg! you're so lucky! if that happened to me, i would shit bricks. (wouldn't that make a lasting impression) i, unfortunately, was unable to attend the warped tour due to the fact that my mom is a bitch. i wish i could meet them. that would be the greatest day of my life.

dammit! now i'm all sad and stuff! arrgh! life's a bitch sometimes

kickass0987654321
08-15-2005, 01:10 AM
You are really lucky.

YODAvid
08-15-2005, 04:28 AM
A lot of ppl post some thing like this after a "I met offspring-post": "FUCK YOU, I DIDNT GET TO MEET EM"

Well I hate that, I am happy for ya ... I am pretty gel-less right now, but i am gonna see them in 3 weeks live in Europe...

take care

killer_queen
08-15-2005, 05:02 AM
I'm not happy for you. I hate you. Sorry.

dexterisMYman
08-15-2005, 05:08 AM
I'm not happy for you. I hate you. Sorry.
dont hate her be happy for. ppl who say 'i hate you' after someone meets a band or something are actually acting really childish.

killer_queen
08-15-2005, 05:23 AM
I'm just honest. I can't act like someone else. It's me.

Idiot
08-15-2005, 05:36 AM
I am pretty gel-less right now

*Jealous

Am happy for you that you got to see them, you were very lucky indeed. Did you take any photos?

Offspring-Fanatic
08-15-2005, 12:35 PM
im so jealous, hell i couldnt even go

Quote: omg! you're so lucky! if that happened to me, i would shit bricks. (wouldn't that make a lasting impression) i, unfortunately, was unable to attend the warped tour due to the fact that my mom is a bitch. i wish i could meet them. that would be the greatest day of my life.

dammit! now i'm all sad and stuff! arrgh! life's a bitch sometimes

yeah, parent problems here too, couldnt go. life is a bitch.

sourskittle
08-15-2005, 01:03 PM
i couldnt go bcause my dad "didnt want to drive", he says this AFTER i buy tix. the venue is kinda far away from my house and now i find out that the offspring won the xtra 10 min. i am so PISSED!!!