PDA

View Full Version : Moderately amusing article.

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Posh: 'I've never read a book'

Victoria Beckham has told a Spanish magazine that she has never read a book in her life.

In the article, the wife of England captain David Beckham said: "I haven't read a book in my life. I don't have the time. I prefer listening to music, although I do love fashion magazines."

The former Spice Girl also said she is not jealous about the attention paid by other women to her famous husband.

"I know what other women think and I say to myself `He is very good looking, he dresses very well, he is great with children and he has an enormous heart'.

"I am not jealous and when people look at him, I think it's because he's great."

The 31-year-old went on to say that she is keen to have a daughter.

Posh - who has three sons, Brooklyn, six, Romeo, two, and six-month-old Cruz - said she could imagine "painting her nails, putting on make-up and choosing clothes" with her.

Boy, am I glad that she's a role model for teenage girls. :rolleyes:

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2005, 02:54 PM
So...what's the big deal? I mean, I see what's upsetting about it, but indulge us, what makes you so upset?

HornyPope
08-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Uhhh anyone surprised?

This is on the eve of her biography release btw. Or so I read in news.

RXP
08-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Reading books doesn't make one a nice human being this is evidenced by you Jenny.

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 02:57 PM
So...what's the big deal? I mean, I see what's upsetting about it, but indulge us, what makes you so upset?

I'm not 'upset' just irritated. She's an absolute joke, she's what's wrong with society - she symbolizes everything that's going wrong. Little girls actually look up to her! They want to be just like her! They go around with a fuck-load of make-up on at 8 and cry because they haven't got a boyfriend by the time they're 12. Ridiculous.

Also it just proves to me that I was right when I chose Oasis over the Spice Girls in year 4.

RXP
08-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Oh so a bunch of pretentious gits is any better?

Everything that is wrong with society is personified by you my dear: selfish, looking out for no1 and igorant/biggoted.

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm not 'upset' just irritated. She's an absolute joke, she's what's wrong with society - she symbolizes everything that's going wrong. Little girls actually look up to her! They want to be just like her! They go around with a fuck-load of make-up on at 8 and cry because they haven't got a boyfriend by the time they're 12. Ridiculous.

You've been the beneficiary of the very society you're condemning though.

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Well yeah, I would say 'pretentious gits' are better - at least they won't be pregnant and smoking by the time they're 15.

~*hit_that*~
08-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Uhhh anyone surprised?

This is on the eve of her biography release btw. Or so I read in news.

well she has written one, and David has written two. But geez, how'd the hell did she get through school? Someone said that on "This Morning" (some british daytime tv show) and i was thinking "thats so true" lol

she must be fucking stupid :P

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 03:03 PM
You've been the beneficiary of the very society you're condemning though.

no I haven't - I've attempted to distance myself as much as possible from it all.

darko
08-15-2005, 03:05 PM
you know, i'm not surprised she has owned up to this....remember the amount of times she managed to make David look stupid with her maronic{sp} comments.....

Serafin Negro
08-15-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm ok with Thucydides, he si absolutly right!!!

Like him I choose...Nirvana before the Spice Girls :D

wheelchairman
08-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Well yeah, I would say 'pretentious gits' are better - at least they won't be pregnant and smoking by the time they're 15.
Honestly, when did you start smoking hash? 16, big difference.

Quit judging circumstances you don't understand.

And you have done nothing to distance yourself from that society. For christs sake you want people to vote conservative and increase the social divide.

Endymion
08-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Oh so a bunch of pretentious gits is any better?

Everything that is wrong with society is personified by you my dear: selfish, looking out for no1 and igorant/biggoted.

i'd say pretentious gits are better than vapid airheads. at least pretentious gits can get things done whereas a world of posh spices would go no where.

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 03:10 PM
^ Damn straight!

Honestly, when did you start smoking hash? 16, big difference.

Quit judging circumstances you don't understand.

And you have done nothing to distance yourself from that society. For christs sake you want people to vote conservative and increase the social divide.

But I'm not addicted to it - I smoke it occasionally. I'm not pregnant either.

Yeah, increase the social divide - I'd say that was distancing myself (hence you contradicted yourself). Plus, I have attempted to stray from it - by my choice of friends, magazines, tv shows, clothes, music, newspapers, anything I can

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2005, 03:11 PM

You're halfway there yourself: you smoke weed, and whether you're 15, 16, or 17, you're pretty young.

As far as the other half, give me a break: looking up to Posh spice doesn't connect at all to that, and there are plenty of Oasis lovers who make mistakes and get pregnant while in their teens too.

no I haven't - I've attempted to distance myself as much as possible from it all.

What I mean is that the same society that celebrates Posh spice is the same society that has put you in a position where you're wealthy and feel comfortable looking down on it all. You've reveled in the latter, so you haven't distanced yourself from this society; you've merely chosen to cut it in half, deny that they're a whole.

Endymion
08-15-2005, 03:14 PM
What I mean is that the same society that celebrates Posh spice is the same society that has put you in a position where you're wealthy and feel comfortable looking down on it all. You've reveled in the latter, so you haven't distanced yourself from this society; you've merely chosen to cut it in half, deny that they're a whole.

...in much the same way as the gap and hot topic are owned by the same people, yes?

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 03:18 PM
You're halfway there yourself: you smoke weed, and whether you're 15, 16, or 17, you're pretty young.

As far as the other half, give me a break: looking up to Posh spice doesn't connect at all to that, and there are plenty of Oasis lovers who make mistakes and get pregnant while in their teens too.

Again, I'm not addicted to weed - my life doesn't revolve around it. I have it occasionally. Much like alcohol really.

Sure it does - if girls get boyfriends earlier and get the impression that it's ok to sleep around then of course they're going to get pregnant. Hence, soaring underage pregnancy rate in the UK.

But that would be practically impossible to distance myself from then. Plus, it hasn't really 'put me in this position' - my parents did that through working hard.

HornyPope
08-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Why is it that everytime Jen posts something, people take the issue with her and try and "make her understand her wrongs"?

I want to slap her over a lot of posts , too, but its never a personal matter to me. so i dont care.

wheelchairman
08-15-2005, 03:21 PM
The soaring teen pregnancy rate in England has more to do with backasswards morality towards abortions and birth control. America and Ireland have the same problem. The rest of the modern world has gotten past this.

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Why is it that everytime Jen posts something, people take the issue with her and try and "make her understand her wrongs"?

I want to slap her over a lot of posts , too, but its never a personal matter to me. so i dont care.

I don't know why, but I'd quite like to.

I think everyone just loves me so much that they must simply disagree with me, or something...?

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Again, I'm not addicted to weed - my life doesn't revolve around it. I have it occasionally. Much like alcohol really.

What does addiction have to do with anything? You didn't mention that before, and it really makes no difference. You implied that it was wrong to smoke at a young age, but you smoke yourself.

Sure it does - if girls get boyfriends earlier and get the impression that it's ok to sleep around then of course they're going to get pregnant.

Getting boyfriends earlier instilling girls with the impression that random sex is okay? That just honestly doesn't make sense. Sex isn't in every relationship, and ...again, it really doesn't make any sense, no offense.

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2005, 03:25 PM

Because I like her, and feel comfortable sharing my views with her.

I think everyone just loves me so much that they must simply disagree with me, or something...?

That's just denial. We disagree with you because they simply don't appreciate what you're saying. Plus, of all the people that disagree with you, there's a decent distribution between people that hate you, people that are indifferent, and people that actually like you.

HornyPope
08-15-2005, 03:26 PM
I\m pretty sure she"ll grow out of it anwyays in a several years time.

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 03:27 PM
What does addiction have to do with anything? You didn't mention that before, and it really makes no difference. You implied that it was wrong to smoke at a young age, but you smoke yourself.

There is a difference between smoking cigarettes and smoking weed. Mainly because I do the latter :rolleyes: but only occasionally. I probably should've expanded before - I mean people who smoke all the time; they leave school to have a fag and just generally lay around etc. It's quite hard to explain because I don't think you guys have the same thing over there.

Getting boyfriends earlier instilling girls with the impression that random sex is okay? That just honestly doesn't make sense. Sex isn't in every relationship, and ...again, it really doesn't make any sense, no offense.

yeah it does - because what do they do with their boyfriends? It turns into a competition between girls to see how many times they can have sex. It means less to them because they've had boyfriends earlier and celebrities' attitudes make it seem like it's ok to just have sex for fun without meaning, so girls go off and do it.

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Plus, of all the people that disagree with you, there's a decent distribution between people that hate you, people that are indifferent, and people that actually like you.

Really?! :eek: I just thought the majority didn't like me.

Conspiracy of One
08-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Really?! :eek: I just thought the majority didn't like me.
No you're not that bad.......

RXP
08-15-2005, 03:31 PM
yeah it does - because what do they do with their boyfriends? It turns into a competition between girls to see how many times they can have sex. It means less to them because they've had boyfriends earlier and celebrities' attitudes make it seem like it's ok to just have sex for fun without meaning, so girls go off and do it.

Where the fuck where these girls in my school? fuck private schools

JohnnyNemesis
08-15-2005, 03:34 PM
There is a difference between smoking cigarettes and smoking weed. Mainly because I do the latter :rolleyes: but only occasionally. I probably should've expanded before - I mean people who smoke all the time; they leave school to have a fag and just generally lay around etc. It's quite hard to explain because I don't think you guys have the same thing over there.

You should always expand more, because making inflammatory statements that only go halfway are what make people jump on you so often!

yeah it does - because what do they do with their boyfriends?

Not always have sex. I've been having "girlfriends" since I was 8, and I didn't lose my virginity until I was almost 19. And I gotta tell you, this is NOT an exception. I know tons of girls who've had similar experiences, and some are still virgins. Also, none of those girls had relationships younger as a result of Madonna's (the icon of our youth, much like Posh spice is) image or anything.

and celebrities' attitudes make it seem like it's ok to just have sex for fun without meaning, so girls go off and do it.

I still don't see what celebrities' attitudes have to do with that.

Really?! I just thought the majority didn't like me

I don't know for sure, I can only speak for myself, but I think so.

Conspiracy of One
08-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Where the fuck where these girls in my school? fuck private schools
Poor RXP....*shakes head*

Sunny
08-15-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm not surprised, honestly.

for the record, pretentious gits are no less annoying than bimbos... but surely there has to be a happy medium?

reading fashion magazines, putting on makeup and picking out clothes are all fine and enjoyable activities, but for god's sake, one would hope she could come up with some more... creative things to do with her daughter.

darko
08-15-2005, 03:39 PM
I still don't see what celebrities' attitudes have to do with that.

i have to agree with that comment...its not so must celebrities' attitudes but more to do with your peers....

wheelchairman
08-15-2005, 04:07 PM
I'd also like to point out that 'meaningless' sex is not a bad thing. (whatever meaningless means), and anyone who thinks so, really should mind their own sexual business and not everyone elses.

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-15-2005, 05:13 PM
I pretty much agree with what Rick and Per have said, but I also have to add.. isn't grouping people as "pretentious gits" and judging them as bad as grouping people as "airheads" and judging them? I disagree with Jenny as much as the next person, but still.

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Didn't read past the first post. But don't British people pick the gayest celebrities to idle? And even wussier reasons to talk about them? OMG she doesn't read!

That's because most English celebrities are awful.

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-15-2005, 05:36 PM
You honestly think half the black bitches that sell millions of albums of R&B music even know how to read?

Well, yeah. But most aren't English.

Sunny
08-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Didn't read past the first post. But don't British people pick the gayest celebrities to idle?

does anyone actually idolize Victoria Beckham?

Conspiracy of One
08-15-2005, 05:53 PM
does anyone actually idolize Victoria Beckham?
Who? (that answers your question)

Paint_It_Black
08-15-2005, 05:54 PM
No CO1, it doesn't. *sigh*

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Who? (that answers your question)

So you are everybody?

Conspiracy of One
08-15-2005, 05:56 PM
So you are everybody?
No.She asked if anyone was. And i responded with "who?"

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-15-2005, 05:57 PM
No.She asked if anyone was. And i responded with "who?"

OK, so you don't. But it doesn't answer her question.

Conspiracy of One
08-15-2005, 05:59 PM
OK, so you don't. But it doesn't answer her question.
.......Ok that's true. But did the "so you're everybody?" thing come up?

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-15-2005, 06:00 PM
.......Ok that's true. But did the "so you're everybody?" thing come up?

Oh, just shut up.

Conspiracy of One
08-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Oh, just shut up.
lol wow i was'nt the one mistaken this time.

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-15-2005, 06:03 PM
lol wow i was'nt the one mistaken this time.

No, you were mistaken. Just your complete idiocy is breathtakingly wearisome and I just can't be bothered to explain.

Conspiracy of One
08-15-2005, 06:04 PM
No, you were mistaken. Just your complete idiocy is breathtakingly wearisome and I just can't be bothered to explain.
ok then that's fine (dammit!)

Endymion
08-15-2005, 06:10 PM
You know, I'm not even sure what limelight means. I've heard the word before but. Doesn't make sense though. Green light shining on you=fame?

Limelight is a type of stage lighting once used in theatres and music halls. Although it has long since been replaced by electric lighting, someone in the public eye is still said to be "in the limelight". An intense illumination is created when a hydrogen/oxygen flame is directed at a cylinder of lime, which can be raised to white heat without melting. The light is produced by a combination of incandescence and thermoluminescence.

The effect was discovered in the 1820s by Goldsworthy Gurney (1793-1875), who invented and patented the "oxy-hydrogen blowpipe". In 1825 a Scottish engineer, Thomas Drummond (1797-1840), saw a demonstration of the effect by Michael Faraday, and realised that the light would be useful for surveying. Drummond built a working version in 1826, and the light is sometimes known as the Drummond Light after him.

Limelight was first used in public in the Covent Garden Theatre in London in 1837, but enjoyed widespread use in theatres around the world in the 1860s and 1870s. Limelights were employed in the same manner as modern followspots, to highlight solo performers. To this day, theatre followspots are referred to as limes. Limelight was quickly replaced by electric arc lighting in the late 19th century.

score one for wikipedia. also, it's lime the chemical--not lime the fruit.

TheOffspringRule
08-15-2005, 06:14 PM
god thats the worst combination in the world - a crap popstar who cant (and never could sing) and an england football player who seems to be playin more rugby these days than football.

And yeah im very suprised she can recite the alphabet let alone write a book because she has the IQ level of a raw carrot which is only maginally higher than her husbands whose IQ can be compared to that of a boiled potato. Keep hitting those vital penalties over the bar Mr Beckham and maybe i might have a good thing to say about you and stop cutting your hair just to get onto the front page of a newspaper.Am I going off topic......?