PDA

View Full Version : Most Underrated/Under-appreciated Offspring Song

Kwright
08-15-2005, 04:33 PM
With the release of the greatest hits CD and DVD I've been going back and listening to all my Offspring CDs and I've been noticing a bunch of songs that are just plain awesome, but were never the huge hits like Pretty Fly or Come Out and Play.

My question to everyone is what Offspring songs do you think are under-appreciated/underrated and should be listen to by all offspring fans?

I'm caught between Genocide and Dirty Magic personally. Genocide has a great riff, a great chorus, and is stong and catchy at the same time. Dirty Magic is just plain infectious. Despite an intial bad impression of this song it's continued to grow on me and is now one of my all-time favourite songs.

However, in the end Genocide wins. It was my first favourite Offspring song so I have to stick by it.

Thoughts?

P.S. Honorable mentions Have You Ever and Dammit, I Changed Again.

ZSTEIN
08-15-2005, 05:12 PM
have u ever is great, not the one is very underrated, and i also think way down the line should get more appreciation

BobdaAlkoholic
08-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Have You Ever adn Dammit, I Changed Again aren't really underated there all fan favorites and such. Way DOwn the line was in a ideo game so that was apprecacion.

Living In A Chaos. (People give the demo more credit than the song)

Thucydides
08-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Elders & Jennifer Lost The War.

Jack the Tripper
08-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Pretty Fly For A White Guy is the most underrated by fans, but it seems to be the only one non-fans ever heard. The most underrated by everyone would have to be The Worst Hangover Ever.

Sinister
08-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Walla Walla, IMHO, doesn't get the appreciation it should get. I don't like it much myself but that's cause I used to listen to it in loop mode when I started listening to Offspring.

Rexisfed
08-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Way Down The Line
Staring At The Sun
The End Of The Line
No Brakes

are all under-appreiciated songs

ZSTEIN
08-15-2005, 05:50 PM
just because way down the line was in crazy taxi doesnt mean its not underrated...it seems like many people on this board hate it, which isn't appreciation

TheOffspringRule
08-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Have You Ever adn Dammit, I Changed Again aren't really underated there all fan favorites and such. Way DOwn the line was in a ideo game so that was apprecacion.

Living In A Chaos. (People give the demo more credit than the song)

I think the Living In A Chaos Demo was better than the final one. That riff bit after bout a minute is so cool

Revolver-2005?
08-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Staring At The Sun and No Breaks...those were awesome songs

Apathy
08-15-2005, 06:11 PM
I like the end of the line. I love that one.

For some reason, I'm not a fan of dirty magic. Feelings and Dirty Magic are the only ones I actually don't like

barangatang
08-15-2005, 06:23 PM
okay the two most underated offspring songs are: pay the man, it'll be a long time

Tonez
08-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Vultures and Special Delivery :cool:

pretty fly 88
08-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Underrated Offspring songs include Genocide, It'll Be A Long Time, Have You Ever, Staring At The Sun, The End Of The Line, No Brakes, Pay The Man, The Worst Hangover Ever, and Never Gonna Find Me

ThEkIdSaReNtAlRiGhT300
08-15-2005, 07:12 PM
i thin that race against myself, something to believe in, itll be a long time, the noose definetly, i like nitro, ummm and genocide i havent heard the other albums or i wuld have more

Jack the Tripper
08-15-2005, 07:13 PM
To show how underrated The Offspring is, there should be a picture of The Offspring in the dictionary next to the definition of underrated.

CommKeen45
08-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Denial, Revisited and Living In Chaos

Autonomist
08-16-2005, 02:10 AM
I'm gonna go with Kick Him When He's Down, though there where several that I considered when replying. Not The One would've been another.

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 02:14 AM
I definitely think Special Delivery and Denial, Revisted are very underated songs...

Telekinesis
08-16-2005, 02:16 AM
Walla Walla, IMHO, doesn't get the appreciation it should get. I don't like it much myself but that's cause I used to listen to it in loop mode when I started listening to Offspring.

My brains just not switched on today, whats IMHO? just write the whole bloody song name and save people like me the grief

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 02:20 AM
My brains just not switched on today, whats IMHO? just write the whole bloody song name and save people like me the grief
Ah... I'd say that IMHO means "In My Humble Opinion"... :rolleyes:

~*hit_that*~
08-16-2005, 03:28 AM
With the release of the greatest hits CD and DVD I've been going back and listening to all my Offspring CDs and I've been noticing a bunch of songs that are just plain awesome, but were never the huge hits like Pretty Fly or Come Out and Play.

My question to everyone is what Offspring songs do you think are under-appreciated/underrated and should be listen to by all offspring fans?

All of them :)

dalaksta
08-16-2005, 03:32 AM
I think 'Have You Ever' and 'Americana' were the unappreciated and underated songs

Mentally_Challenged
08-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Genocide, Not The One, Forever and a Day, and even though I don't think it's particularly under-rated, Gotta Get Away is amazzzzzzzzing =D

Cejus
08-16-2005, 04:20 AM
Forever and a day, Americana, What happened to you... are underrated, IMO.

ArranAJFJ
08-16-2005, 10:30 AM
There are definately a lot of underrated songs definately, but I like what a lot of people have said so far. Way Down The Line is a good one, and should get more attention that it does, even though it has some. I'd say the first two albums, debut and Ignition cause there both incredible and in my humble opinion, just as good, or not better than Americana there most rated.

If I were to go for one song...possibly Amazed. Cause I love that song but most Offspring fans I know don't talk about it much, even I usually don't play it when I listen to Ixnay cause its kind of near the end. Its another different kind of track by them, and I think its almost as good as Gone Away.
The whole of Ixnay is a bit under-rated though by most normal people, but myself and a lot of other big Offspring fans think its there best album.

splinteredmind
08-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Elders, Dirty Magic, Spare Me the Details, Something To Believe In, Long Way Home and Come Out Swinging ... to name a few :p

splinteredmind
08-16-2005, 02:57 PM
and Bad Habbit you stupid dumbshit goddamn MOTHER FUCKER!!!! :p just joshin dudes

deep-fried dog-food sushi
08-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Amazed and Killboy Powerhead, most definitely. those are two of my favorite songs.