PDA

View Full Version : Coming of Age

Lenny
08-15-2005, 08:25 PM
I thinks its time The Offspring gave up. Their music simply isnt making the cut anymore.
________
Sexfactor (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/sexfactor/)

Homer
08-15-2005, 08:26 PM
And you think that this is going to change people's opinions of The Offspring why?

Sinister
08-15-2005, 08:27 PM
I thinks its time The Offspring gave up. Their music simply isnt making the cut anymore.

hmm... try making this thread a poll and see what people think. (you're gonna get yelled at !)
My opinion is they should keep up their amazing work.

ThEkIdSaReNtAlRiGhT300
08-15-2005, 08:27 PM
what the hell r u talking bout man theyre still great and the cant repeat song was a step in a good direction i liked the splinter album but it still isnt the best

kickass0987654321
08-15-2005, 08:28 PM
I don't think they should. they are doing a great job right now. So you think that just because you don't like them anymore means that they should quit? That is really stupid.

Sinister
08-15-2005, 08:29 PM
I don't think they should. they are doing a great job right now. So you think that just because you don't like them anymore means that they should quit? That is really stupid.

absolutely !

kickass0987654321
08-15-2005, 08:32 PM
absolutely !
Thankyou .

Lenny
08-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Yes im all for them continuing on what they're doing. Its just people are gonna stop listening simply because they are getting to the stage of quitting the Music business. I listen to them all the time over and over, there just not as good as the old days.
________
UKGal_22 (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/UKGal_22/)

Sinister
08-15-2005, 08:34 PM
no problem dude. and it helps my post count get higher. (not that I really care about it anyway...)

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 02:24 AM
Don't be such a pussy, and go back to your green day and emo BBS, dude.

Hypodermic_89
08-16-2005, 02:57 AM
Yes im all for them continuing on what they're doing. Its just people are gonna stop listening simply because they are getting to the stage of quitting the Music business. I listen to them all the time over and over, there just not as good as the old days.

well how bout Metallica? U2? Those guys are like 100 years old and are still going strong! and U2's latest album was a huge hit! why should The Offspring quit? and so what if they don't play the same music as before? If they would've kept the same style all the time they would've quit a long time ago! It's the change in their music that keeps them going

Little_Miss_1565
08-16-2005, 03:01 AM
Can we stop making topics about this? It's just the same old thing over and over and over.

Additionally, this topic reminded me...why is liking Green Day so often used as an insult in this forum? I fucking love Green Day. Green Day is actually how I got into the Offspring in the first place.

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 03:02 AM
well how bout Metallica? U2? Those guys are like 100 years old and are still going strong! and U2's latest album was a huge hit! why should The Offspring quit? and so what if they don't play the same music as before? If they would've kept the same style all the time they would've quit a long time ago! It's the change in their music that keeps them going
U2 is clearly overrated, and I don't think that their latest album had that much success... I don't like them anymore. Actually, I never really liked them that much, I think Bono's a cocksucker, I can't stand him, really...

About Metallica... I don't know what's up with them, they had much success, but nowadays... well... let's wait for another album...

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 03:04 AM
Can we stop making topics about this? It's just the same old thing over and over and over.

Additionally, this topic reminded me...why is liking Green Day so often used as an insult in this forum? I fucking love Green Day. Green Day is actually how I got into the Offspring in the first place.
Sorry, but I know many green day fans (which are friends of mine) who hate Offspring, so when I see someone dissing the Offspring like that idiot did, I tell him to go back to his little Green Day BBS, which he shouldn't have never left in the first place. But I like Green Day too, I have their full discography!

Mentally_Challenged
08-16-2005, 03:05 AM
Green Day is actually how I got into the Offspring in the first place.

=O Ditto....

(I_I)

Idiot
08-16-2005, 03:10 AM
If the band still enjoy it, why should they stop?

dalaksta
08-16-2005, 03:28 AM

WHAT! THEY ARE AWSOME MAN! SURE THEY'RE A LITTLE OLD BUT THEY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Beckah
08-16-2005, 04:00 AM
No way, the Offspring cant quit, so what if people dont listen to them anymore, thats no excuse.......Im sure there will still be a load of people who still listen to them anyway.......like me and most, if not all, the people on this forum, thats why its called the Offspring forum...............nope, they cant quit.......

Marit
08-16-2005, 05:51 AM
I would not deem it a great personal loss if The Offspring called it quits. I haven't really been that impressed with their two last albums (not counting Greatest Hits). I can't even remember the last time I listened to Splinter, I've probably only heard it about a dozen times since I bought it on the day it was released.

This is just my opinion of course.

thecavedog
08-16-2005, 07:00 AM
Question. Why did Dexter, Greg, Ron and Noodles start playing music?

Answer. Not because we wanted to hear their music, no, because they liked making music AND STILL DO!!!

So get over yourself wanting them to quit or what not. They will when they don't like making music any more, or when they die or some shit.

Sinister
08-16-2005, 07:04 AM
Question. Why did Dexter, Greg, Ron and Noodles start playing music?

Answer. Not because we wanted to hear their music, no, because they liked making music AND STILL DO!!!

So get over yourself wanting them to quit or what not. They will when they don't like making music any more, or when they die or some shit.

actually in the VERY beginning (Manic Subsidal time) it was Dexter, Greg, Doug Thompson and James Lilja, if I remember correctly the info I read. And Doug died just before Splinter came out, by the way.

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 07:06 AM
And Doug died just before Splinter came out, by the way.
Yeah, poor guy, they dedicated Splinter to his memory...

thecavedog
08-16-2005, 07:09 AM
actually in the VERY beginning (Manic Subsidal time) it was Dexter, Greg, Doug Thompson and James Lilja, if I remember correctly the info I read. And Doug died just before Splinter came out, by the way.

I knew some one was gonna say somthing like that, but thanks for pointing that out. (not the point)

In loving memory of Doug Thompson :(

Venom Symbiote
08-17-2005, 04:13 AM
"Dough Thompson".

*almost falls of fucking chair* :D :) HAH! The stupidity-induced hilarity. "Dough!" Hah!

Tasty ol' Dough Thompson.

OffspringerD@n
08-18-2005, 04:58 PM
I agree with everyone that didnīt like this idea. let me ask u, how do you have the courage to post a thread like this?
The offspring should continue until they get really old... :D and they will still rock!!!!
if u donīt like them anymore, thatīs youre prob

ichoose90
08-18-2005, 05:00 PM

Can it, Lenny.

Amazed
08-18-2005, 05:01 PM

kickass0987654321, your post kicks ass ;)

Layna
08-18-2005, 05:31 PM
I think Lenny doesnt know what he's "writing". I like the offspring's work maybe they dont make "popular" songs anymore (like pretty fly) but they're awsome anyway!!!
Hey Sinister thanks for the information !!(about Doug thompson) i didnt know.

bouncingcoles
08-18-2005, 05:45 PM

your simply not making the cut anymore

dexterisMYman
08-18-2005, 05:45 PM
hmm... try making this thread a poll and see what people think. (you're gonna get yelled at !)
My opinion is they should keep up their amazing work.
wow i agree w/ you for once.

Lenny
08-18-2005, 06:55 PM
I understand that not everyone has the same opinion as me. I guess i've just grown tired of the same songs i know. If they brought out a new Cd i'd say my opinion would be different.
Sorry
________
CURVYQUEEN20 (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/CURVYQUEEN20/)

dexterisMYman
08-18-2005, 06:56 PM
offspring aint goin no where just b/c some idiot wants them too.

original_prankster
08-18-2005, 07:26 PM
I understand that not everyone has the same opinion as me. I guess i've just grown tired of the same songs i know. If they brought out a new Cd i'd say my opinion would be different.
Sorry
I'm probably the only one who'll say this, but I actually respect your opinion because you're not a complete and total ass about it.

Everyone else here is just overreacting because someone doesn't like their favorite band anymore.

nameless
08-19-2005, 06:55 PM
the last two albums werent as good as the last but i dont think they need to quit!

dalaksta
08-19-2005, 07:53 PM
u damn moron the offspring has been going for 20 years and they still rock! whats wrong w/u ass hole?