PDA

View Full Version : What does dexter say at the start of "me and my old lady" ?

nirvana_bleach3000
08-16-2005, 12:46 AM
sounds like hes saying "she aint no billie jean" or something. I may be wrong

bd007h
08-16-2005, 12:50 AM
"She ain't no ball and chain"

It's what it says in the lyrics in the cd booklet, and on the website, so it must be correct.

Dirty Bertie
08-16-2005, 02:25 AM

read the lyrics stupid..

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 03:02 AM
HAHAH holy shit that's hilarious

Little_Miss_1565
08-16-2005, 03:39 AM
HAHAH holy shit that's hilarious

Hehe, indeed, and it's definitely not the first time I've heard that misheard lyric.

Despite that it's not what Dexter's saying, it's true though: Billie Jean is not my lover, she's just a girl who says I am the one--but the kid is not my son. So, she's obviously *not* a Billie Jean. :cool:

Dirty Bertie
08-16-2005, 03:46 AM
Hehe, indeed, and it's definitely not the first time I've heard that misheard lyric.

Despite that it's not what Dexter's saying, it's true though: Billie Jean is not my lover, she's just a girl who says I am the one--but the kid is not my son. So, she's obviously *not* a Billie Jean. :cool:

I always think of the Janis Joplin song. The lyrics are something like:

Sitting in the window looking out at the rain
The blues have gotta hold of me and it feels like a ball and chain

Little_Miss_1565
08-16-2005, 03:53 AM
Maybe it's an Americanism, but a common pejorative term for one's wife is 'the old ball and chain.'

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 04:00 AM
Maybe it's an Americanism, but a common pejorative term for one's wife is 'the old ball and chain.'
I don't know if it's an americanism or not, but I understood what Dexter meant with the "she ain't no ball and chain" part as soon as I read it! It makes perfect sense, actually... it means he's not "attached" to her all the time, I think, which means they have a healthy relationship, I think...

Dirty Bertie
08-16-2005, 04:07 AM
I don't know if it's an americanism or not, but I understood what Dexter meant with the "she ain't no ball and chain" part as soon as I read it! It makes perfect sense, actually... it means he's not "attached" to her all the time, I think, which means they have a healthy relationship, I think...

I thought it meant that she aint bringing him down all the time... like a heavy weight on his shoulders.

Still I think that we both in the same ballpark..

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 04:58 AM
I thought it meant that she aint bringing him down all the time... like a heavy weight on his shoulders.

Still I think that we both in the same ballpark..
Yeah, definitely, good thinking, I guess you're right! "heavy weight on his shoulders", I liked that.

Venom Symbiote
08-16-2005, 05:00 AM
It's obvious.

And most of you aside from 1565 are pretty stupid.

killer_queen
08-16-2005, 05:05 AM
In fact, I've always wondered. What does "she ain't no ball and chain" means?

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 05:05 AM
Oh damn, where did I go wrong :rolleyes:

EDIT: By the way, this topic wasn't about what "she ain't no ball and chain" means; it was about a thread-starter which didn't know what dexter said in the beginning of the song, in case you haven't noticed... so please, try a little harder next time...

nirvana_bleach3000
08-16-2005, 05:39 AM
read the lyrics stupid..

well actually it doesnt say it in my lyrics book for some reason so that dont make me stupid...FAG!!

Dirty Bertie
08-16-2005, 05:49 AM
well actually it doesnt say it in my lyrics book for some reason so that dont make me stupid...FAG!!

No - what makes you stupid is buying some cheap-arse lyric book!

Marit
08-16-2005, 05:52 AM
In fact, I've always wondered. What does "she ain't no ball and chain" means?

ball and chain

A burden and restraint, as in Karen regarded her job as a ball and chain, but she needed the money. The term, dating from the early 1800s, alludes to chaining a heavy iron ball to a prisoner's leg. Later it was transferred to other kinds of restraining burden.

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 05:57 AM
ball and chain

A burden and restraint, as in Karen regarded her job as a ball and chain, but she needed the money. The term, dating from the early 1800s, alludes to chaining a heavy iron ball to a prisoner's leg. Later it was transferred to other kinds of restraining burden.
Things became clearer now... cool!

killer_queen
08-16-2005, 06:36 AM
ball and chain

Thank you.

sourskittle
08-16-2005, 10:50 AM
you think to much

killer_queen
08-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Oh, this thread is great. I can talk about Me & My Old Lady for hours. It's so much more than a favourite song for me. What do you think it's about?

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 11:02 AM
you think to much
HAHA yeah, I was kinda redundant in my post, but I didn't feel like modifying it...

dextermyideal
08-19-2005, 05:28 AM
"she ain't no balls and chains"

Camilamazed
08-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Hell yeah...... Billie jean was rather funny.......

By the way, what's the meaning of "She ain't no ball and chain".

Is it something like the girl cannot be stuck with a single person?

=D

platinumpt
08-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Hell yeah...... Billie jean was rather funny.......

By the way, what's the meaning of "She ain't no ball and chain".

Is it something like the girl cannot be stuck with a single person?

=D
I think it has something to do with obsession. Like, she doesn't leave him alone, and follows every single step of her husband. I think that, if Dexter says "She ain't no ball and chain", it means that his wife is not at all like that, and gives him the freedom he needs. It should be an healthy relationship, definitely. Damn, it's so strange answering you in english. :eek:

Nirushika6789
08-19-2005, 10:36 AM
the ball and chain is usally assiociated with prison so what hes saying is she doesnt stick like glue to him and doesnt hold him down.

sXe_AlternativeLife
08-19-2005, 11:40 AM
such a loving relationship between mother and son. :p

killer_queen
08-19-2005, 11:57 AM
such a loving relationship between mother and son. :p
Yeah, I remember someone made a thread about it. How can someone be that sick to think "old lady" is Dexter's mom?

platinumpt
08-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I remember someone made a thread about it. How can someone be that sick to think "old lady" is Dexter's mom?
HA! I didn't know someone thought that! Yuck. That's HORRIBLE! The person surely was joking.

killer_queen
08-19-2005, 12:04 PM
No, search that thread. A lot of people think like him (or her whatever).

platinumpt
08-19-2005, 12:06 PM
A lot of people think like him (or her whatever).
Oh my God, the world is doomed. I'll say no more...

ashtray_girl_1
08-19-2005, 05:34 PM
lol billie jean lol!
sheain'tnoballandchainsheain'tnoballandchainsheain 'tnoballandchainsheain'tnoballandchain!!!

Homer
08-19-2005, 05:38 PM
for anyone who didn't know this, ball and chain is sort of slang for wife.

"she ain't no balll and chain" basically means that she isn't keeping him from having fun, basically.

ashtray_girl_1
08-19-2005, 05:50 PM
i hope he doesn't cheat on her tough, that would be awfull :mad:

wishomie
08-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Thats the funniest thing I ever heard.

paulrose
08-23-2005, 06:34 PM
he says "she aint no ball and chain" meaning she aint a drag along.

Conspiracy of One
08-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Thats the funniest thing I ever heard.
NO, Your name is the funniest thing ive ever heard. :rolleyes:

Camilamazed
08-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Thank you all who answered me ^^