PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Fly x12

icklebabygremlin
08-16-2005, 05:52 AM
Just a funny pic my friend sent me i know its takin the piss but its still funny..http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/icklebabygremlin/fordan.jpg

Sinister
08-16-2005, 05:53 AM
Just a funny pic my friend sent me i know its takin the piss but its still funny.

no it's not, in my opinion at least.

Idiot
08-16-2005, 06:01 AM
That's not one bit funny.

What, are you like 10 or something?

IdleOffspring
08-16-2005, 06:03 AM
no not funny, its bashing a offspring song or album or both, its how you look at it. And I don't like any negative stuff about the offspring.

Pretty Fly is great and Splinter is great and that pic is not funny

offspringis the best band
08-16-2005, 06:20 AM
you people need to get a fucking sense of humor. god forbid someone makes fun of your precious band. jeez even they make fun of themselves.

i think the pic is funny.

Idiot
08-16-2005, 06:27 AM
I have a great sense of humour thanks, and a lot of people tell me that.

I just didn't find it funny thats all. I tried to find it amusing, but just thought it was a bad joke.

You're taking it so seriously.

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 06:41 AM
No, it's not funny at all, and it isn't even true... please, comparing the songs in Splinter with Pretty Fly? That's ridiculous, those are totally different kind of songs...

thecavedog
08-16-2005, 06:50 AM
I agree man, I can't even see the humor in there. wtf?

Beckah
08-16-2005, 07:00 AM
How is that funny, may I ask......its just stupid...Im not being protective of the band, but I dont think thats funny, not even remotely...

Tijs
08-16-2005, 07:34 AM
I find it kinda funny though. Funny as a little laugh on the inside.

icklebabygremlin
08-16-2005, 07:35 AM
I find it kinda funny though. Funny as a little laugh on the inside.
thank you..at least some1 does

Idiot
08-16-2005, 07:42 AM

They do as well.

Zee
08-16-2005, 08:08 AM
http://www.riemurasia.net/jylppy/albumit/10002/normal_main.jpg

Not!

Pilau
08-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Just a funny pic my friend sent me i know its takin the piss but its still funny..http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/icklebabygremlin/fordan.jpg

I love the offspring to peices and will usually defend them but even tho I don't agree with the opinion of the joke - that pic is fucking funny!

Hey ppl check my band out at the link below - cool mp3s. Sign the board too, cheers.

Revolver-2005?
08-16-2005, 01:20 PM
its not really funny...i mean to make a joke it has to make sense...and splinter and pretty fly arent the same...so lame joke

CSX
08-16-2005, 01:22 PM
I might find it a bit funny if the album was Conspiracy, because then it would be fairly true, there's many commercial poppy songs on that album.

But other than Hit That, Worst Hangover Ever and maybe Spare me the details, Splinter's songs are totally different. A joke's not funny if it's not at all true.

dexterisMYman
08-16-2005, 03:09 PM
picture is not funny. dont smash the offspring. smash green day.

pretty fly 88
08-16-2005, 06:00 PM
picture is not funny. dont smash the offspring. smash green day.
Don't smash Green Day, either. But the pic is not funny. It's a stupid lie.

kickass0987654321
08-16-2005, 06:02 PM
I don't see what is so funny about it.

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-16-2005, 06:07 PM
you people need to get a fucking sense of humor. god forbid someone makes fun of your precious band. jeez even they make fun of themselves.

I agree, I thought it was funny.

coke_a_holic
08-16-2005, 06:38 PM
I think it's funny in it's stupidity. As in the picture itself isn't funny, but the fact someone took the time to make it is.

original_prankster
08-16-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm gonna agree with the majority here. That pic is just stupid. None of those 12 songs are like Pretty Fly at all. And don't anyone mention Hit That. That song has a completely different message.

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-16-2005, 07:25 PM
The pic doesn't have to have any truth in it to be funny.

Homer
08-16-2005, 07:31 PM
The pic doesn't have to have any truth in it to be funny.

I have to disagree with that. The reason why most comedians are succesful (just an example) is because they use the truth in their comedy and they don't make things up.

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-16-2005, 07:58 PM
I dunno, I found it funny, and I don't think Splinter sounds anything like Pretty Fly.

0r4ng3
08-16-2005, 09:15 PM
I think this was said already, but the pic would be more true (and just as funny) if it was Conspiracy of One. Minus the intro and Huck It, there are 12 songs that could be Pretty Fly.

dain84
08-16-2005, 10:12 PM
I think this was said already, but the pic would be more true (and just as funny) if it was Conspiracy of One. Minus the intro and Huck It, there are 12 songs that could be Pretty Fly.
the title track? dammit I changed again? come out swinging? all along? vultures?

Telekinesis
08-16-2005, 11:24 PM
I think it's mean, did you make that picture?

gnzdeejay
08-17-2005, 01:35 AM
I don't think Pretty Fly is bad. I think Pretty Fly is a 'variety' in the album. It could be bored if all the songs in the album is just like The Kids Arent Alright.

And I think Splinter is good. Offspring was different in Splinter and I like it. Hit That shows us the other way to play music.

But I don't think the picture is funny. But like art, the picture have a dark meaning that only several people who have same idea know the meaning.

platinumpt
08-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Yeah well, whether people like it or not, Pretty Fly was a huge hit, and brought them back to the big scene, so people should show more respect for that song...

hughesyboy
08-17-2005, 03:17 AM
It'd be funny if it was true, if splinter actually sounded remotely similar to pretty fly....but IT DOESN'T!!
Splinter is awesome, has some really good songs on it, nothing even close to pretty fly.

dalaksta
08-17-2005, 03:40 AM
R U Like 10 or something thats not even close to being funny, dumbshit

Venom Symbiote
08-17-2005, 03:51 AM
It's not true necessarily of Splinter, but of the band itself. Sure. I mean, what the hell do you think "Original Prankster" off Co1 was? Attempted Pretty Fly-repeat? Cash-cow?

I mean, I love the band, but you bet your arse it was.

"Hit That", too. But that was an actual decent and clever song in its own right, so I'll let that one go. But OP? Horrible.

This pic is from before Splinter was released, by the way. They hadn't heard the record yet, and were just making a funny assumption. Pretty accurate in a broad-sense, then.

It's fuckin' funny, too, as far as cheap-shots go. "Can't Repeat" and "Defy You" aside, the singles since TKAA have been ludicrous. A fucking joke.

P.S. I'm not including "Million Miles Away" in that, it wasn't *truly* a single. That's a great song, though.

platinumpt
08-17-2005, 04:11 AM
QUOTE: Venom Symbiote: All the bla bla bla thing :rolleyes:

You're the one who's saying jokes!!

Look I agree with 80% of the stuff you said; OP is horrible. Yeah, I wouldn't be so radical in my appreciation, but definitely I don't like the song that much, and it was like "another Pretty Fly", it was a wrong move made by the band. THAT should have NEVER been the 1st single out of CO1. AND the BLACK PERSON's presence was disposable. Higgins would do the job just fine. But since OP, things got better, definitely. Want You Bad should have been the first single, it reflects much more the sound of our band. MMA is great too, but clearly underrated, just as the CO1 album, which is in my opinion one of the best ever done by The Offspring.

About the other singles, I love Hit that, it's a really catchy song, and the first time I heard it, I thought The Offspring were definitely back in the game! But OP really brought them down, and people will never see them again as before I guess... CGMHAY was just another attempt, but, again, failed. But it's a great song. As soon as I heard Splinter, I thought that CGMHAY should be the next single after Hit That, and that's what they did, I think it was a good choice.

Then came Can't Repeat, another great song. A really beautiful and meaningful one. That could be one of the best ever, let's see, we must let time go by.

So I don't think their singles since TKAA are jokes. Except for OP. The others are great and should have done their jobs pretty well, if it wasn't for that bad move with the OP release...

barangatang
08-17-2005, 04:13 AM
QUOTE: Venom Symbiote: All the bla bla bla thing :rolleyes:

You're the one who's saying jokes!!

Look I agree with 80% of the stuff you said; OP is horrible. Yeah, I wouldn't be so radical in my appreciation, but definitely I don't like the song that much, and it was like "another Pretty Fly", it was a wrong move made by the band. THAT should have NEVER been the 1st single out of CO1. AND the nigga's presence was disposable. Higgins would do the job just fine. But since OP, things got better, definitely. Want You Bad should have been the first single, it reflects much more the sound of our band. MMA is great too, but clearly underrated, just as the CO1 album, which is in my opinion one of the best ever done by The Offspring.

About the other singles, I love Hit that, it's a really catchy song, and the first time I heard it, I thought The Offspring were definitely back in the game! But OP really brought them down, and people will never see them again as before I guess... CGMHAY was just another attempt, but, again, failed. But it's a great song. As soon as I heard Splinter, I thought that CGMHAY should be the next single after Hit That, and that's what they did, I think it was a good choice.

Then came Can't Repeat, another great song. A really beautiful and meaningful one. That could be one of the best ever, let's see, we must let time go by.

So I don't think their singles since TKAA are jokes. Except for OP. The others are great and should have done their jobs pretty well, if it wasn't for that bad move with the OP release...

i remember how fucking happy i was when i saw hit that on mtv, i though tthey were making a comeback!

platinumpt
08-17-2005, 04:15 AM
i remember how fucking happy i was when i saw hit that on mtv, i though tthey were making a comeback!
That makes two of us, believe me... how wrong we were... :(

barangatang
08-17-2005, 04:17 AM
That makes two of us, believe me... how wrong we were... :(

well, maybe next cd (chinese democracy?) will be better, but they will have to pull something big off.

platinumpt
08-17-2005, 04:21 AM
well, maybe next cd (chinese democracy?) will be better, but they will have to pull something big off.
I hope they do man, The Offspring are clearly so much underrated nowadays... I think it's unbelievable how we see bands like good charlotte, simple plan, mcr, linkin park and other stuff like that all over the fucking radio, and the same radios leave our band behind...

barangatang
08-17-2005, 04:33 AM
I hope they do man, The Offspring are clearly so much underrated nowadays... I think it's unbelievable how we see bands like good charlotte, simple plan, mcr, linkin park and other stuff like that all over the fucking radio, and the same radios leave our band behind...

have you seen the new simple plan video? (Its in my sig) music these days.

does mcr=my chemical romance?, those fucktards (http://sa.gmu.edu/progbd/My_Chemical_Romance1.jpg) deserve to be repeatidly injected with estrogen, if mcr stands for my chemical romance.

platinumpt
08-17-2005, 04:41 AM
have you seen the new simple plan video? (Its in my sig) music these days.

does mcr=my chemical romance?, those fucktards (http://sa.gmu.edu/progbd/My_Chemical_Romance1.jpg) deserve to be repeatidly injected with estrogen, if mcr stands for my chemical romance.
Yes, MCR stands for My chemical romance... shit, I've never seen them before, they're horrible. The world is doomed, definitely... at least from a musical point of view...

barangatang
08-17-2005, 04:43 AM
Yes, MCR stands for My chemical romance... shit, I've never seen them before, they're horrible. The world is doomed, definitely... at least from a musical point of view...

They suck live, they played right after offspring at warped, andi got stuck in the mosh pit, so i had to listen to some of them.

platinumpt
08-17-2005, 04:48 AM
They suck live, they played right after offspring at warped, andi got stuck in the mosh pit, so i had to listen to some of them.
Wow... they have moshpits in MCR... it must be really cool kicking people around while listening to "I'm not okay" or "Helena". Fucking emotards. At least you've seen The Offspring, I'm really happy for you!! :)

And thanks for the simple plan video link, I'll have to take a look at it when I'm home, in a few hours, 'cause I have low-band at work...

barangatang
08-17-2005, 04:55 AM
Wow... they have moshpits in MCR... it must be really cool kicking people around while listening to "I'm not okay" or "Helena". Fucking emotards. At least you've seen The Offspring, I'm really happy for you!! :)

And thanks for the simple plan video link, I'll have to take a look at it when I'm home, in a few hours, 'cause I have low-band at work...

euch, twas fucking ridiculus!!! there were a couple of gothic-like people, in there with me, i gave them some good shoves but they were alot stronger than me, and im pretty small. I touched dexter, when he dove, and stole a bunch of condoms from the trojan man booth, but the rest of warped sucked.

goodnight

Rexisfed
08-17-2005, 06:52 AM
I don't mind people bashing the Offspring... but, I don't see how that's funny? Am I missing something?

Sinister
08-17-2005, 06:53 AM
I don't mind people bashing the Offspring... but, I don't see how that's funny? Am I missing something?

no. stuff bashing Offspring IS extremely boring.

Venom Symbiote
08-17-2005, 07:21 AM
You used the word "nigga" on the other page. Automatically your opinion means nothing. It is void. Bigot.

I stand by my comments. Being more intelligent than you, I can.

platinumpt
08-17-2005, 07:28 AM
You used the word "nigga" on the other page. Automatically your opinion means nothing. It is void. Bigot.

I stand by my comments. Being more intelligent than you, I can.
Ah, well, no offence meant to black people. I like the word "nigga". They like to call themselves that way, so why can't I?

EDIT: And the next time why don't you try quoting me? It was hard to understand that you were refering to me in your post... ya know, you're a "more intelligent" person, so you have to explain it all for others to understand :o

Venom Symbiote
08-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Unless you yourself are black, I'd advise against it.

Even if you are, it's self-deprecating. Stop it. It's offensive.

platinumpt
08-17-2005, 07:38 AM
Unless you yourself are black, I'd advise against it.

Even if you are, it's self-deprecating. Stop it. It's offensive.
No, I'm white! And yeah, I know what you mean... in both paragraphs:D

Alright, I'll edit my old post, and substitute the word "nigga" for "black person". Will my opinion gain credibility that way?

moshmite
08-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Well, darn. There's so much commotion and it just comes up as a cross. I wanna see!