PDA

View Full Version : New Offspring Bootlegs Site - Interested?

Idiot
08-16-2005, 06:23 AM
I've got shitloads of webspace spare at the moment, and was thinking of hosting loads of Offspring bootlegs on there;

Yes, we have theoffspring.info (http://www.theoffspring.info) which is a fantastic site and has been very useful to me and loads of other people for getting hold of live offspring concerts and audio bootlegs etc.

So, rather than competing with theoffspring.info [which in my opinion is pointless], I would make all the bootlegs I have that aren't currently on theoffspring.info available for people to download.
Meaning that there would be two decent offspring bootleg/video sites for people to download off: -

For example, on theoffspring.info there could be several complete offspring concerts online to download, but you wanted the Wembley 2001 bootleg, but didn't want to wait for it to go online again, you could come to my site and download it, OR email me and ask for it to go online while its not on theoffspring.info.

Basically, it'd mean that whatever isn't on theoffspring.info, would be on my site, and whatever isn't on my site, would be on theoffspring.info.

So it would be a kind of backup site. Maybe it could be some sort of partner with theoffspring.info (http://www.theoffspring.info) [Tijs/Jesus?]

What does everyone think? Who would be interested in such a thing?

Cheers.

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 06:39 AM
That would be great man, me and most people here will surely appreciate that A LOT!

Sinister
08-16-2005, 06:40 AM
hurray for Idiot !

thecavedog
08-16-2005, 06:47 AM
Yes please, we all are greedy here :D

Beckah
08-16-2005, 07:01 AM
Good idea, Idiot....

Tijs
08-16-2005, 07:33 AM
Yeah sounds cool, we'll talk on MSN about this idea.

Cejus
08-16-2005, 07:51 AM
Good idea, Idiot! Wish I had some webspace, too :(

theoffspringignite
08-16-2005, 07:57 AM
sounds fucking perfect!

platinumpt
08-16-2005, 08:06 AM
hurray for Idiot !
Hurray!!! Hurray!!! :cool:

Jesus
08-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Good idea, just talk to Tijs since I'm studying. Or should be studying ; ).
Just make sure you can handle quite a lot of data transfer. =)

Idiot
08-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Roughly how much data transfer do you guys go through each month ?

Jesus
08-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Around 700 Gbyte, depends on how much updates we have though. Some days we use like 15 Gbyte other days 50 Gbyte.

Idiot
08-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Shit, thats more than I thought, but I guess, I should've expected something like that. Well, I won't be able to manage quite the same amount of bandwidth, as I've just quit my job as I'm going to college in september.

Idiot
08-17-2005, 01:14 AM
Ok, I can manage around 150gb transfer - we'll just have to see how things go.

I've got a domain which I'll post once I've got some videos online.

Idiot
08-17-2005, 04:44 AM
OK, I've got a forum up and running.

I will be putting some videos and mp3's online by the end of the week.

I will be adding a few basic skins to the forum also.

Things are still in early stages between me and the guys at www.theoffspring.info - but we're working on sorting out some sort of partnership.

Feel free to make any requests for offspring videos and audio on the forum now, so I know what to put online at the weekend.

Thanks

www.offspringbootlegs.com/forum

Idiot
11-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Obviously, this site has been up for a while, but I just thought I'd mention that the basic website is now online, although not complete.

The forum has been the only thing on this site along with all the bootlegs, and I've decided its time to get an actual website for it, to make finding the downloads on my site easier.

The website isn't completed, but its not far off.

www.offspringbootlegs.co.uk

punker
11-14-2005, 10:24 AM
the new site looks cool Joe, when do you think JJB will have it finished?

Idiot
11-14-2005, 10:27 AM
He did the design for the website, so his job is done. Its just down to me to add the content, such as downloads and links. Not really interested in adding anything more to the site, although I may think about it in the future.

Hypodermic_89
11-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Yeah that would be totally cool

DexterWannabe
11-14-2005, 11:33 AM
I've got shitloads of webspace spare at the moment, and was thinking of hosting loads of Offspring bootlegs on there;

Yes, we have theoffspring.info (http://www.theoffspring.info) which is a fantastic site and has been very useful to me and loads of other people for getting hold of live offspring concerts and audio bootlegs etc.

So, rather than competing with theoffspring.info [which in my opinion is pointless], I would make all the bootlegs I have that aren't currently on theoffspring.info available for people to download.
Meaning that there would be two decent offspring bootleg/video sites for people to download off: -

For example, on theoffspring.info there could be several complete offspring concerts online to download, but you wanted the Wembley 2001 bootleg, but didn't want to wait for it to go online again, you could come to my site and download it, OR email me and ask for it to go online while its not on theoffspring.info.

Basically, it'd mean that whatever isn't on theoffspring.info, would be on my site, and whatever isn't on my site, would be on theoffspring.info.

So it would be a kind of backup site. Maybe it could be some sort of partner with theoffspring.info (http://www.theoffspring.info) [Tijs/Jesus?]

What does everyone think? Who would be interested in such a thing?

Cheers.

hope it be as good as www.theoffspring.info or the gone away site that now is gone away

punker
11-14-2005, 03:56 PM
hope it be as good as www.theoffspring.info or the gone away site that now is gone away

it IS havent you seen it?

NDM1
11-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Theoffspring.info is no more. TIJS decided he didn't have time for it so he stopped it.

dexterisMYman
11-15-2005, 04:35 AM
Damn only if I wasnt at school I would download them.

<<Angry Kid>>
11-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Idiot is not an Idiot! loves you :p

Idiot
11-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Truly fantastic.