PDA

View Full Version : just got back from offspring at CBGBs

bouncingcoles
08-16-2005, 10:45 PM
holy fuck that show was insane!!!! that must have been the smallest venue they have played in years. there was no barracade. i met dexter noodles higgans and atom. a wilhelm scream opened and some other band with the singer from the luna chicks opened. when i got inside i immedietly saw noodles standing next to the stage watching the other bands about 10 feet away from me. so i went over and talked to him. it was amazing because the offspring were just walking around the crowd like it wasnt a big deal!!!! then when they played everyone went crazy. i crowd surfed like crazy! in fact there were so many crowd surfers people were crowd surfing on top of each other. there were tons of older offspring fans. people that were in there 40s but they still knew every offspring song and they were wicked drumk!! offspring played an amazing set. i couldnt believe how close to them i was the whole time. the venue was so small no matter where you were in the venue you were close to them. i was about 2 feet from them while playing. there were tons of professional photographers. i wanna find out what website those pics are going on. they were also filming the whole show! then dexter and noodles took a group picture with the crowd and then crowd surfed in the crowd. it was crazy. o ya and higgans crowd surfed like a million times. and i got one of atoms drum sticks. o ya and that was the first show atom has ever played tehran and it was incredible

the set list was.
all i want
long way home
come out and play
cant repeat
want you bad
bad habit
tehran
cant get my head around you
smash
staring at the sun
kick him when hes down
gotta get away
kids arent alright
have you ever
gone away
selfesteem :) :D

dexterisMYman
08-16-2005, 10:47 PM
thats awsome my friend went. yeah theo opened? or did the lunachicks play? cuz i think thats like their home venue. idk.

bouncingcoles
08-16-2005, 10:51 PM
thats awsome my friend went. yeah theo opened? or did the lunachicks play? cuz i think thats like their home venue. idk.
the luna chicks are no longer a band. the luna chicks singer has a new band and they opened along with a wilhelm scream.

dexterisMYman
08-16-2005, 10:53 PM
ok theo is cool. they must've just broke up. cuz last time i cheched they were 2gether.well w/e. hey i sent you a message on myspace did you get it?

bouncingcoles
08-16-2005, 10:56 PM
ok theo is cool. they must've just broke up. cuz last time i cheched they were 2gether.well w/e. hey i sent you a message on myspace did you get it?

im not sure.

dexterisMYman
08-16-2005, 10:57 PM
oh her new band is Theo and the Skyscrapers

thechimpunks
08-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Are you sure it was "Tehran"? I could have sworn it was "Baghdad."

"Gone Away" was one of the first couple of songs. They also played "Bad Habit," towards the end of the set.

bouncingcoles
08-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Are you sure it was "Tehran"? I could have sworn it was "Baghdad."

They also played "Bad Habit," towards the end of the set.

im 100 percent sure they played tehran

KickedDown
08-16-2005, 11:06 PM
The fact they played Kick Him When He's Down live and I missed it will make me sick for days...

That's very nice for you though...I'm very jealous

dexterisMYman
08-16-2005, 11:08 PM
yeah KHWHD is one of my favorite songs. i love it

dain84
08-16-2005, 11:11 PM
That's like my dream set!

DexterWannabe
08-17-2005, 12:17 AM
i hope they will play that set-list for the europe-tour!

and did some1 recorded or took some pic?

Dexter_italy
08-17-2005, 03:08 AM
what an amazing set!!! hope they continue playing old songs, ohh fuck I cant' wait september to see them!!
________
WHEN ROVER MET BMW HISTORY (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/When_Rover_Met_BMW)

Marit
08-17-2005, 03:44 AM
I just wanna take this opportunity to say this;

crowd surfers....

should DIE!!

I've had a headache for two days now, after getting kicked in the head by multiple crowd surfers at a show, and there is nothing that indicate that it'll pass anytime soon.
Nothing personal.

pyrosk8er
08-17-2005, 09:48 AM
did you tell them you were behind their playing 10 minutes longer at the warped tour? :)

DarrellOCguy
08-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Keep us posted about the site for the pics and video man. That woulld be fuckin awesome. :D

Sinister
08-17-2005, 10:16 AM
first time Atom played Tehran, right ?

must be the first time they played it in YEARS, as far as I know.

noodling
08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Here are some pics: http://centralvillage.blogs.com/cv/2005/08/the_kids_arent_.html

chloe
08-17-2005, 12:51 PM
oh my good god i cant beleive you went to watch THE OFFSPRING holey fuck your the lukiest person iv ever heard off!!!!!!!!!! :D :eek: i wish i was there were was it was it in the U.K ???? they played like my favorite song self esteem gone away and cant get my head around you gotta get away and come out and play :D shame they didnt play original prankster pretty fly and hit that well it sounds like you had a great time from choley (chloe)

Zee
08-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Very cool.

I can't wait for the club gig here played on Sep 19th!

Little_Miss_1565
08-17-2005, 05:44 PM
OH MY GOD I HAD NO IDEA THEO WAS OPENING TOO.

Just kill me. Please, just kill me.

dexterisMYman
08-17-2005, 07:10 PM

more then happy too.

code_blue
08-17-2005, 09:17 PM

haha.. aww. :(

i wish i was at that show.

just read this (http://heartonastick.blog-city.com/chinese_democracy_offspring_cbgbs.htm) review from a jaded fan..

not a big surprise that they didnt play a long set. (i've seen them play at least a few times where they had the opportunity to play longer, but they decided not to for some unknown reason.) i'm a little surprised that there was no encore, though.. and that it took them 70 mins to go onstage? that's gay.

aeh20s
08-17-2005, 10:15 PM
that would have been an amazing show to go to. Tehran, Kick Him When Hes Down, and Smash, plus all the old stand bys. i'm jealous.

WebDudette
08-17-2005, 10:17 PM
oh my good god i cant beleive you went to watch THE OFFSPRING holey fuck your the lukiest person iv ever heard off!!!!!!!!!! :D :eek: i wish i was there were was it was it in the U.K ???? they played like my favorite song self esteem gone away and cant get my head around you gotta get away and come out and play :D shame they didnt play original prankster pretty fly and hit that well it sounds like you had a great time from choley (chloe)

Original Prankster Pretty Fly and Hit That are liek there worste songs if anything its good they didnt play them.

vintagepunkrock7
08-17-2005, 10:23 PM
The fact they played Kick Him When He's Down live and I missed it will make me sick for days...

That's very nice for you though...I'm very jealous
took the words right out of my mouth!

dexterisMYman
08-17-2005, 10:23 PM
oh spomeones gonna die. wait till i find the person who wrote that. my friend went and said the complete opposite. oh they knocked on my dexter. someones gonna die!

DexterWannabe
08-17-2005, 11:39 PM
on the second pic there's a guy recording, did any1 record it, if so plz upload it!

bouncingcoles
08-18-2005, 12:05 AM
did you tell them you were behind their playing 10 minutes longer at the warped tour? :)

fuck ya!!! they were very pleased!

bouncingcoles
08-18-2005, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=code_blue]haha.. aww. :(

i wish i was at that show.

just read this (http://heartonastick.blog-city.com/chinese_democracy_offspring_cbgbs.htm) review from a jaded fan..

the dude that reviewed that show was such a fucking faggot.

Marit
08-18-2005, 03:24 AM

the dude that reviewed that show was such a fucking faggot.

That is quite possibly the most hilarious review I have ever read of anything.

dalaksta
08-18-2005, 04:27 AM
What CBGB?

platinumpt
08-18-2005, 07:25 AM
the set list was.
all i want
long way home
come out and play
cant repeat
want you bad
bad habit
tehran
cant get my head around you
smash
staring at the sun
kick him when hes down
gotta get away
kids arent alright
have you ever
gone away
selfesteem :) :D
Dude, you must be one of the luckiest guys in the world... but weren't you going to the warped tour? I'm confused :confused:
Anyway, I must admit that's one of the best setlists I've ever seen. Rather small, probably less than one hour of play, but really great! Too bad they don't play The Noose anymore :(

pyrosk8er
08-18-2005, 10:22 AM
fuck ya!!! they were very pleased!

hooray! :)

bouncingcoles
08-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Dude, you must be one of the luckiest guys in the world... but weren't you going to the warped tour? I'm confused :confused:
Anyway, I must admit that's one of the best setlists I've ever seen. Rather small, probably less than one hour of play, but really great! Too bad they don't play The Noose anymore :(

they played about an hour and fifteen minutes

platinumpt
08-18-2005, 10:59 AM
they played about an hour and fifteen minutes
Is that really possible?? They played that time in Lisbon, with a setlist of 20 songs AND an encore!!!

dain84
08-18-2005, 11:57 AM
fuck all of you. you guy's can lick my dick and u people can go slit your rist cause offspring sucks balls there all old peices of shit but there daughters are pretty hot but whocares there old and need to stop playing cause no one likes them beside u faggots
Shut up Random Green Day/ Good Charlotte/Soad/ Slipknot fan. And you misspelled wrist. What a fucktard.

platinumpt
08-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Shut up Random Green Day/ Good Charlotte/Soad/ Slipknot fan. And you misspelled wrist. What a fucktard.
Why do you bother answering him, just ignore "it"

theoffspringignite
08-18-2005, 12:14 PM
as far as that review by the jaded fan goes, first off it was an hour wait not 70 min and they also played about 50 min of material and talked for like 10 minutes and they didnt say hey this is a great thing we're doing they said this is a kind of cool thing we are doing, cool as in different not cool as in we should praise them...oh yeah and i was the fan that screamed out this is better than sex although im still not sure if that's true or not haha

platinumpt
08-18-2005, 12:16 PM
as far as that review by the jaded fan goes, first off it was an hour wait not 70 min and they also played about 50 min of material and talked for like 10 minutes and they didnt say hey this is a great thing we're doing they said this is a kind of cool thing we are doing, cool as in different not cool as in we should praise them...oh yeah and i was the fan that screamed out this is better than sex although im still not sure if that's true or not haha
HAHA that must have been hilarious, I wish I was there...... because of the concert itself of course!!!