PDA

View Full Version : Old friends are best?

irishpunkrockgirl
08-17-2005, 09:41 AM
who agrees with this? i dont.

Punky Dudess
08-17-2005, 09:44 AM
meeting with old friends sucks. they act all awkward and shit, acting like they never used to.

irishpunkrockgirl
08-17-2005, 09:45 AM
i thought my old friends were ok till i found a new one. then i realised how shit they used to treat me

Conspiracy of One
08-17-2005, 09:46 AM
.........I dont know my old friend moved away, and i never saw him again

irishpunkrockgirl
08-17-2005, 09:49 AM
i was nothing to my old friends. still ament anything to them

moshmite
08-17-2005, 09:49 AM
I don't agree with anything.
teehee. Me and my sister had friends but they moved away, and when we saw them they acted all shy and stuffs.

Punky Dudess
08-17-2005, 09:53 AM
old friends act gay and new friends are plain wierd. who needs friends?! kill 'em all!!! and don't say i'm antisocial. :D

Conspiracy of One
08-17-2005, 09:54 AM
old friends act gay and new friends are plain wierd. who needs friends?! kill 'em all!!! and don't say i'm antisocial. :D
no you're not antisocial..your evil, and stuff. :rolleyes:

Punky Dudess
08-17-2005, 09:55 AM
no you're not antisocial..your evil, and stuff. :rolleyes:

stop saying that! your making me blush. :o
jokes. what good is a friend if they don't email you back though?

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-17-2005, 09:56 AM
My old friend turned out to be gay...

Sixpence.
08-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Actually you can't count on anybody.
The oldest friend I have is one of my kindergarden time. I haven't seen her for a while though, but I'm sure that we could still talk about anything. Our lives went totally different, maybe that's why.
I know my best friends for 7 years. Back in the days we were a group of four people. I had a dispute with the first one last year, we still talk about school stuff and that's it.
The second one - well I am nearly proud that I don't need to talk to her anymore. Probably the most intrigant and faked person I've ever seen. She probably hates me just because I told what I think of her. So much for constructive criticism...
Well there is still one out of the three and she is probably the most honest person I know.

Good and true friends are rare. I admit, I only have one.

killer_queen
08-17-2005, 10:49 AM
I have no idea. I can't be friends with someone more than a year.

defy me
08-17-2005, 10:52 AM
old friends are ok, as long as they give you presants when you meet up :D

JoY
08-17-2005, 11:09 AM
my oldest friendship, that's still somewhat alive, goes back seventeen years & I hardly ever talk to her anymore. my second oldest goes back eight years & though I don't speak to her much, she's still awesome & one of my best friends. my third oldest goes back about five years & I speak to her quite often & consider her almost a sister of mine. my fourth oldest goes back two years & she's my best friend of the sorority/fraternity.

what does this say? not a whole lot, but it kind of implies, that when you become friends young, you're likely to grow apart, because you both still have so much growing up to do & still are so immature. when you become friends at a later age, the friendship is more likely to stick. I guess the exact same goes for almost any other relationship, except the one you have with your family.

Izie
08-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Hmmmz, the oldest friendhips I have are from elementary school, thus 13 years back. Yes, I still like some of the people. <3

Second group goes from highschool and that's 5 years then. I like less of those, but some own so much it's unbelievable.

And then there's my e-friends, lolz. The oldest of those friendships are about 5 years.

So yeah, I have a thing for long-lasting friendships.

0r4ng3
08-17-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm still friends with my oldest friends, who I have known since 1st grade (6 years old). That's about 10 years.

Sixpence.
08-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Oh I forgot to mention the most special "kind of"-friendship I have. I know that guy (who is certainly older than me) for 3 years. Just from my way to school. We actually don't know each other but know each other though. Well, kinda. Neither him or I say "Good Morning" but we smile. That is so damn funny. 3 years, Jesus...

the_GoDdEsS
08-17-2005, 12:06 PM
I don't consider my 'old' friends real friends any more because we grew apart a lot since people still change while they're young. My longest real good friendships have lasted for five years now. And I'm very picky with whom I call my 'friend'. I just refer to the rest as 'aquaintances' or 'people I know'.

Tizzalicious
08-17-2005, 12:24 PM
I don't consider my 'old' friends real friends any more because we grew apart a lot since people still change while they're young. My longest real good friendships have lasted for five years now. And I'm very picky with whom I call my 'friend'. I just refer to the rest as 'aquaintances' or 'people I know'.

Same here. I lost a lot of friends when I wasn't in school a lot because of my migraines. I guess that shows they weren't really friends though/.

Megs
08-17-2005, 12:25 PM
*chokes on can of coke* :eek:

killer_queen
08-17-2005, 12:28 PM
I can't understand people who have been friends for years. I mean, how can you not get bored? You probably talk everything you can in a few years. Also I can't understand couples who stay married more than a year.

irishpunkrockgirl
08-17-2005, 12:30 PM
some of my friends have been my 'friends' for 10 years.

Socially Rejected
08-17-2005, 12:32 PM
I've only ever had one "true" friend but when I moved away we drifted apart aswell. Noone ever want's to be friend's with me hense my user name. Have no idea why - might be the way i look.

Mannen som blev en gris
08-17-2005, 12:34 PM
some of my friends have been my 'friends' for 10 years.
I've had the same best friend for 12 years. (I'm 14 now)

irishpunkrockgirl
08-17-2005, 12:36 PM
i have come to figure that none of my friends ive had for a long time need my help ever. nobody tells me theyre secrets. i have a friend who i met 2 years ago and she actually respects me. it's amazing once you realise your worth something how much your confidence grows. so id like to thank my friend(annie;) )...good on ya girl!

Megs
08-17-2005, 12:36 PM
I've only ever had one "true" friend but when I moved away we drifted apart aswell. Noone ever want's to be friend's with me hense my user name. Have no idea why - might be the way i look.
or the way you type.....

check the excessive apostrophes.....

Socially Rejected
08-17-2005, 12:38 PM
I've never been good at typing - absolutely shite :(

Megs
08-17-2005, 12:39 PM
don't worry
it was just a point :p

Punky Dudess
08-17-2005, 01:21 PM
*chokes on can of coke* :eek:

c'mon megs, you can't tell when i'm being funny? and what the hell are you doing drinking coke? its bad for you!!

Megs
08-17-2005, 01:34 PM
c'mon megs, you can't tell when i'm being funny? and what the hell are you doing drinking coke? its bad for you!!
it tastes gooooooooooooooood :rolleyes:

Anya82
08-17-2005, 03:06 PM
my old friends from elementary school... hmm.. i now nothing about them. And i don't care much.

(girl) friends from junior high..argh.. they were, are and will always be bitches. So, no, they're not the best.

(male) friends from junior high, those are the best i have.

and, not too "old", but from high school, since i was 16, my girl friends are absolutely the best. They're lovely, smart, great chicks. They're my best friends, and eventhough some of us studied university in different cities, we still keep in touch by email or msn, and everytime we get to our hometown, we get together and we realize that our friendship is gonna be forever.

aawwww! lovely!
that is just sooo sweet. don't ya think?

grunge
08-17-2005, 03:15 PM
I agree old friends are the best friends

rodney mullen
08-17-2005, 05:35 PM
old friends suck.

Betty
08-17-2005, 07:28 PM
I agree Sim, that some people are very general with the term "friend".

Anyway, my bestest friend of all, I have known since grade 4 and been good friends with since grade 5... so... a dozen years. There were ups and downs in highschool, and we kept in semi-contact during university when we lived in different cities, but now we're actually living together for a year... and I think we'll definitely be friends forever. I think the best thing about us is that we're not fucking girly and all bickering with each other... we don't get mad over little things... or if we do we don't stay mad... so that really helps with staying friends.

Anyway, after that story that no one cares about what I really want to say about old friends is how truly depressed it makes me to fall out of touch. I just think that really amazing people are few and far between, and when I just start to really become friends with somebody and then we move apart... I just think it's such a great loss. But keeping in touch is a two way street, and also is very difficult. I can't pretend the other parties are entirely to blame for the situation. And then also, there's just no time to remain great friends with old friends while still trying to make new friends.

Anyway, that being said, my plan for the near future is to form MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS and I am very excited at that prospect.

WebDudette
08-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Sounds like your "old friends" weren't friends at all. In any case my old friens are my best friends.

Rag Doll
08-17-2005, 08:46 PM
My longest friendship ended about a year and a half ago (it lasted like 17 years). Which is fine with me, because she changed into a really terrible person. The next 2 longest, I've been friends with since I was 6 (13 years). We don't see each other much anymore, but I still love them so much and when we talk, everything is still the same. I lost pretty much all of my other friends from school once college started...so, guess none of us were really that close after all. But that's ok.

Camilamazed
08-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Old friends are great.Specially the ones you grew up with. Some I'm not able to keep touch, but others I've been talking trhough the internet.If it weren't for the internet I would probably never see them again.

RXP
08-18-2005, 01:11 AM
I don't have any old friends. The oldest mate I have is from like 11-12. We still regularly keep in touch and meet in holidays when we're both back in London. The rest are from 14.

In my experience you grow apart from friends anyway. Soon as you move away from what ever kept you in touch. MSN makes it easy to keep in touch but once you cease talking to them with any frequency I think they cease to be friends/mates and turn into aquiantances. I get really upset over this stage. It's so gay. Also texts makes it easier too.