PDA

View Full Version : i finally met the Offspring

TheOldMark
08-17-2005, 10:23 AM
the CBGBs show was sick! they played songs they would never play infront of a regular audience, like Tehran and Kick him. only concert ive been to where every album got covered. SICK.
and to make things even better, they were just chilling there before the show, watching the opening acts. It was so easy to walk up to them. I wish I had something more tangible to say to Dexter and Noodles, but I was just in too much awe to think.

Pictures
http://www.geocities.com/theoffspring2725/noodles.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/theoffspring2725/dexter.JPG

Skate Rat 19
08-17-2005, 10:33 AM
cool, thats funny because that show was also on the day of my brothers birthday, while you got to meet the band I was chillin at granny's house. Oh well, I hope they do more shows in the North East though, if they came to Albany(new yorks capital) I'd be forever satisfied. Especially if I got to meet them.

darko
08-17-2005, 10:52 AM
aww cool!! i'm so jealous!!

Dexter looks wasted!!

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-17-2005, 12:43 PM
I have never met them.

Cejus
08-17-2005, 12:53 PM
I like Noodles' shirt, it says "El Borracho" hehe (in Spanish, it means "The drunk" :D ). And it seems that Dexter's shirt says something in german, well, obviously it says 'Beer', but I can't see the whole phrase at the bottom... it says something about 'people' (Leuten).

leo3375
08-17-2005, 01:00 PM
wait a minute...for as long as you've been a fan, you never met them til last night? crickey. I figured you'd already met them. congrats on meeting them.

Yeah, especially since you're in NYC. I figured you've met them more times than I have!

Aimeht
08-17-2005, 01:06 PM
the CBGBs show was sick! they played songs they would never play infront of a regular audience, like Tehran and Kick him. only concert ive been to where every album got covered. SICK.
and to make things even better, they were just chilling there before the show, watching the opening acts. It was so easy to walk up to them. I wish I had something more tangible to say to Dexter and Noodles, but I was just in too much awe to think.

Pictures

The picture links didn't work for me. :(

Mannen som blev en gris
08-17-2005, 01:13 PM
They didn't work for me until the third time....

Sam
08-17-2005, 05:48 PM
lucky guy :D

dexterisMYman
08-17-2005, 06:05 PM
dexter is soo drunk!

Layna
08-17-2005, 06:46 PM
OMG. I feel so jealous but I'm exciting at the same time. Why Do I always feel happy when someone meet the offspring??
Fuck man !!! I wanna meet them :mad:

leo3375
08-17-2005, 07:59 PM
OMG. I feel so jealous but I'm exciting at the same time. Why Do I always feel happy when someone meet the offspring??
Fuck man !!! I wanna meet them :mad:

I think it's because hearing these stories gives you hope that you will someday meet them.

code_blue
08-17-2005, 08:03 PM
kick him when he's down? i'm jealous. :( they didnt play anything cool at the toronto club show back in 03... unless you count session. but they play that fairly often.

dexterisMYman
08-17-2005, 08:06 PM
look at that sexy dexy in you avatar!!

Skate Rat 19
08-17-2005, 10:08 PM
well I've liked them all my life, but didn't know who they were until Hit That came around, I got the album the looked at their old stuff, it was pieces of a puzzle coming together hearing all the old stuff, I started at splinter and when back to Smash, the bla bla bla in the beggining of Self Esteem sent like a rush old warm memories of times when I was like 5 and stuff. Now its like they're a part of my past even though I've never met them. weird.

Camilamazed
08-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Awesome pics ^^

Dragnet
08-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Dexters shirt is indeed german and says: Beer- Helping ugly people having sex since 1862

skuld_in_tape
08-18-2005, 02:20 AM
wait a minute...for as long as you've been a fan, you never met them til last night? crickey. I figured you'd already met them. congrats on meeting them.
Lucky ducky to be so shocked. Here in Ireland I'm lucky to see them on stage, never mind really meet them.
Grrr, come back to Ireland! >shakes fist<

dalaksta
08-18-2005, 03:34 AM
man ur lucky I've wanted to meet them forever.

platinumpt
08-18-2005, 06:17 AM
I like Noodles' shirt, it says "El Borracho" hehe (in Spanish, it means "The drunk" :D ). And it seems that Dexter's shirt says something in german, well, obviously it says 'Beer', but I can't see the whole phrase at the bottom... it says something about 'people' (Leuten).
it's probably something like "Beer: helping ugly people have sex since 19**"

EDIT: oops, looks like someone has already answered that question before, sorry :o

Anyway man, I feel really happy for you (the guy at the show), cool pics, and that should be a cool setlist too! Tell me more songs they played! And for how long? How many songs? I'm gonna see them in Paris too, but I doubt they play songs from Ignition, or S/T, they usually do that only in the US I think...

Amazed
08-18-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm sooo jealous... well, someone has to be lucky :rolleyes:

[Warning] Nimrod In Town, your avatar rocks!

Layna
08-18-2005, 05:08 PM
I think it's because hearing these stories gives you hope that you will someday meet them.

Maybe you're right.
I was saving money for seeing them playing in live,
but Nintendo DS arrives first than the offspring. :(

bouncingcoles
08-18-2005, 05:46 PM

Pictures

hey! i remember you from the show!!! you were standing right next to me for a while!

dexterisMYman
08-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Maybe you're right.
I was saving money for seeing them playing in live,
but Nintendo DS arrives first than the offspring. :(
thats pathedic. the world is a sad sad place.

Offspringirl_BR
08-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Hey
Congratulations
You're lucky :)
Nice pics :D

Rag Doll
08-19-2005, 12:04 AM
Lucky =\

No one would go to the CBGB show with me =\

Alec
08-19-2005, 12:09 AM
It must have been damn cool there.

skuld_in_tape
08-19-2005, 03:20 AM
thats pathedic.
Er, why? Maybe they have different priorities, maybe they don't like The Offspring quite as much as someone else, and they consider a Nintendo to be a more worthwhile investment in the long run? Don't get me wrong, I too would put The Offspring before anything else, but I'm just taking objection to you deeming them 'pathetic'.

platinumpt
08-19-2005, 04:26 AM
Er, why? Maybe they have different priorities, maybe they don't like The Offspring quite as much as someone else, and they consider a Nintendo to be a more worthwhile investment in the long run? Don't get me wrong, I too would put The Offspring before anything else, but I'm just taking objection to you deeming them 'pathetic'.
Yeah, that's true, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But my opinion is that's, indeed PATHETIC. I invited my cousin to a concert of a great portuguese band, as they're coming to our hometown. Do you know what he said? "Dude, I have a lan party that night, I won't be able to go"... fuckin shit, people prefer to play computer games rather than going to concerts of their favorite bands. I think that's pathetic.

Layna: you don't deserve to see The Offspring live, as you exchanged an unique opportunity of watching your favorite band live for a stupid console. That's never a good investment when compared to unique events like concerts.

Tired_Of_You
08-19-2005, 09:44 AM
^ Maybe you didn't realise that she'll have other occasions of seeing them live. She might not like The Offspring as much as you. Maybe she has already seen them. It's her choice and I understand it. It's not pathetic. Saying she doesn't deserve to see them is stupid.

Maybe you were sarcastic. I don't know...

platinumpt
08-19-2005, 09:52 AM
^ Maybe you didn't realise that she'll have other occasions of seeing them live. She might not like The Offspring as much as you. Maybe she has already seen them. It's her choice and I understand it. It's not pathetic. Saying she doesn't deserve to see them is stupid.

Maybe you were sarcastic. I don't know...
I wouldn't buy a computer console instead of sving money to see my favorite bands. Those are unique opportunities, each concert is unique, as you can imagine. And this goes for various bands, not only The Offspring.

I stick to my thoughts, and I wasn't being sarcastic.

Oh by the way... you can buy a computer console anytime... but you can see The Offspring once or twice in two years... at least for me it goes this way, IF I'm lucky. Something's wrong with the world today, definitely.

YODAvid
08-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Yo thats cool pics ...

Again, I am gel-less.... ;)

dexterisMYman
08-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Lucky =\

No one would go to the CBGB show with me =\
i would've gone.

Tired_Of_You
08-19-2005, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't buy a computer console instead of sving money to see my favorite bands. Those are unique opportunities, each concert is unique, as you can imagine. And this goes for various bands, not only The Offspring.

I stick to my thoughts, and I wasn't being sarcastic.

Oh by the way... you can buy a computer console anytime... but you can see The Offspring once or twice in two years... at least for me it goes this way, IF I'm lucky. Something's wrong with the world today, definitely.Like I said maybe she doesn't like The Offspring as much as you.

Great, I just woke up when I posted so I thought I was maybe too tired or something.

I know. I would definitely not buy a console instead of seeing my favorite band, but I know that there are things I'd do first instead of seeing them. Maybe she likes that Nintendo more than The Offspring.

leo3375
08-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I would say Offspring tickets are better than a video-game console. I'm lucky if I get to see them once a year! I could save up to buy a game console anytime!

platinumpt
08-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Like I said maybe she doesn't like The Offspring as much as you.

Great, I just woke up when I posted so I thought I was maybe too tired or something.

I know. I would definitely not buy a console instead of seeing my favorite band, but I know that there are things I'd do first instead of seeing them. Maybe she likes that Nintendo more than The Offspring.
Alright maybe I overreacted a little :D ! But the way I see things, it's a GIFT when The Offspring come to my country, or to the countries next to mine, so I'd NEVER waste the chance of seeing them by buying a computer console, instead of saving the money for the ticket!

offspring_freak_3
08-19-2005, 03:16 PM
im so jealous. you lucky guy

lost_nvrfound
08-20-2005, 12:00 PM
lucky bastard...

i'd be lucky if i even got to see them live on their next album tour. they haven't been to my state in 8 years on their tours(i think that was the only time they've toured here and it was a 4 hr drive from where i live). and when they finally came on the warped tour, i tragically had to miss it due to unpleasent circumstances. hopefully they'll come to nc on their next tour or i can talk my mom into letting me drive to an out-of-state show. yay for my liscense!

Zee
09-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Hey ho, I met them too, well Dexter to be specific, here's a pic. Sorry for the bad quality, but phones don't reallly take that good pictures in dark. He's tall and makes me look little.

http://zee.250free.com/picture99.JPG

electric_alexa
09-21-2005, 11:43 AM
true, still it's so unfair, I WANT TO C DEM!!!!!

electric_alexa
09-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Hey ho, I met them too, well Dexter to be specific, here's a pic. Sorry for the bad quality, but phones don't reallly take that good pictures in dark. He's tall and makes me look little.

http://zee.250free.com/picture99.JPG
Boooo I want to meet them, sorry for that :D

.:SMASH:.
09-21-2005, 08:57 PM

Pictures

your makin me jealous man

offspring_freak_3
09-21-2005, 09:45 PM
people who have pics with the band or some member made me jealous lol :p

Manic subsidal
09-21-2005, 09:51 PM
I remember TheOldMark like 2 or 3 years ago. Your aim was TheOffspring(and some numbers) and I remember talking to you about Splinter and how they said it was going to sound more like ignition. You said "nah it's not, they said the same thing about conspiracy of one"

...and that's pretty much all I remember about you haha. Anyways, that kicks ass you finally got to meet them. In your dexter picture, he wore the same shirt for warped tour at ventura :P