PDA

View Full Version : A-levels easy? nah, the government's just paranoid

Megs
08-18-2005, 01:55 PM
lately on the news, the government and educational authorities have been stating that the A-levels are getting easier. what are your views on this?

personally i think that the government's just scared that our intelligent minds might just take over the government one day.......

paranoid gits

Megs
08-18-2005, 02:38 PM
yeah, feel free to post your comments..........................

Conspiracy of One
08-18-2005, 02:39 PM
yeah, feel free to post your comments..........................
ok.......Next time make yourself more clear. As some people may not know what "A-Level" is.

barangatang
Should this be in politics?

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
When did you made this thread?

Megs
08-18-2005, 02:40 PM
probably....but i always post in general chat so feel free to move it.

Megs
08-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Nimrod In Town']When did you made this thread?
earlier today. about. half an hour ago. dunno

grrrrr....30 seconds limit irritating me now!!!

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-18-2005, 02:41 PM
earlier today. about. half an hour ago. dunno

grrrrr....30 seconds limit irritating me now!!!

And you revived it because no one posted in it?!

Megs
08-18-2005, 02:42 PM
pretty much..............

SHUT UP!

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-18-2005, 02:43 PM
pretty much..............

SHUT UP!

Aren't you suppose to bump a "good" thread?

Endymion
08-18-2005, 02:44 PM
what's the goal of these a-level exams? are they so that only the "smartest" people pass them? if so, the difficultly is not fixed, it would vary from year to year with the relative intelligence of the students.

and this thread was still on the first page, there was no reason to bump it.

Megs
08-18-2005, 02:45 PM
A-levels are for those in the last two years of school. they can get you a better job or college/university depending on your results

Conspiracy of One
08-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Are you This Thread Is Gay?
No he's Endymion.

Endymion
08-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Are you This Thread Is Gay?
no.

are the a-levels set up so that percentages pass, or so that particular levels of ability pass?

~*hit_that*~
08-18-2005, 02:59 PM
To be honest, A-Levels are NOT easy, no matter how intelligent you are or not. I know people who have been straight 'A' students who've struggled with A-Levels big time and such, so no way are they easy! I worked really fuckin hard for mine, I only do three: English Literature, History and Psychology. I worked my ass of big time for them, seriously wanted to do well despite all my personal problems, and struggling to battle major depression, and the teachers at my 6th form didnt help because they didn't 9and still don't) understand. I got my results today, I failed History and Psychology, and passed English but only with an E. I'm really bummed about that, it sucks :(

ah well, lets hope for better next year!!! haha

~*hit_that*~
08-18-2005, 03:02 PM
no.

are the a-levels set up so that percentages pass, or so that particular levels of ability pass?

It's wierd to kind of work that out, because certain courses only accept certain people who have "the right grades" . For example, when I applied for my English course they wanted a BB grade (for language and literature at GCSE level), I got CC and struggled to get on :confused: , but did in the end. So who knows, I think that Britain's education system is screwed up anyways!!

Thucydides
08-18-2005, 04:16 PM
I didn't find AS level that difficult - if you know the stuff, and you're prepared to do at least some work then you should pass.

yes, however they move the grade boundaries each year depending upon what students get - so theoretically not too many receive A's, B's, C's etc, but it's evenly spread.