PDA

View Full Version : If the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl...

pretty fly 88
08-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Who do you think will? I like to think they won't win the Super Bowl, with a new offensive coordinator and a new defensive coordinator, and the fact that nobody's ever won three straight super bowls. I think I'll go with the Panthers. If they stay injurie free, they can go a long way.

kickass0987654321
08-18-2005, 12:59 PM
The superbowl is next year. You are getting too damn excited about it.

barangatang
08-18-2005, 01:00 PM
they won't win the super bowl cuz da raidersare from da hood, wit da gangstas and take patriots ta' school, yo.

barangatang
08-18-2005, 01:00 PM
The superbowl is next year. You are getting too damn excited about it.

every male on the face of the earth is excited about the superbowl all year round.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-18-2005, 01:02 PM
I am. Football is exciting...I wish Lindsay Lohan sings a song with Justin Timberlake...And the same incident will happen.

kickass0987654321
08-18-2005, 01:04 PM
every male on the face of the earth is excited about the superbowl all year round.
I get excited about it and go over to my grandpa's house while my dad, mom, and grandma are out doing smething elegant like drinking tea at a little teashop by the beach while my grandpa and I are screaming at the television but I don't get excited for it 6 months before or something like that.

pretty fly 88
08-18-2005, 01:04 PM
That's right. Especially in America, where I live. I'm a big football fan, and I can't wait for the new season. Unfortunately, I'm a Redskins fan, and the Redskins lokk pretty weak this year, just like they look weak every year.

barangatang
08-18-2005, 01:05 PM
I get excited about it and go over to my grandpa's house while my dad, mom, and grandma are out doing smething elegant like drinking tea at a little teashop by the beach while my grandpa and I are screaming at the television but I don't get excited for it 6 months before or something like that.

thats because you have more estrogen than tetostorne(arggh i don't know how to fucking spell that)

kickass0987654321
08-18-2005, 01:08 PM
thats because you have more estrogen than tetostorne(arggh i don't know how to fucking spell that)
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea what estrogen and tetostorne because I have never been taught that stuff. I am only a kid going into the damn sixth grade.

barangatang
08-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea what estrogen and tetostorne because I have never been taught that stuff. I am only a kid going into the damn sixth grade.

they are hormones, you'll prob. have sex ed. next year.

bd007h
08-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Go Bills!!!!

kickass0987654321
08-18-2005, 01:44 PM
they are hormones, you'll prob. have sex ed. next year.
So if estrogen and that other thing are the same thing(hormones) then why did you use both words?

barangatang
08-18-2005, 01:49 PM
So if estrogen and that other thing are the same thing(hormones) then why did you use both words?

they are dif. kinds of hormones, estrogen=female hormone

tetostorone=male hormone

boys have more tetostorone than estrogen, females more estrogen than tetostorone.

if a boy has more estrogen than tetostorone, hes gay.

same with females.

wikipia defenition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormones)

sorry if you still don't get it, ask somone who payed attencion in science

JohnnyNemesis
08-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Well, I'd like to think that the Jets will win. The addition of Ty Law will make a difference, but I doubt they're a Super Bowl caliber team just yet. Still, I think they have a decent shot, but the Patriots are most likely winning.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Well, I'd like to think that the Jets will win. The addition of Ty Law will make a difference, but I doubt they're a Super Bowl caliber team just yet. Still, I think they have a decent shot, but the Patriots are most likely winning.

I voted for the Jets...I'm sure they'll win. New York is awesome.

Not Ozymandias
08-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Who do you think will? I like to think they won't win the Super Bowl, with a new offensive coordinator and a new defensive coordinator, and the fact that nobody's ever won three straight super bowls. I think I'll go with the Panthers. If they stay injurie free, they can go a long way.
The fact that no one has won tree straight Super Bowl is just a fluke. If the first Super Bowl had taken place a year sooner than it did then Green Bay would've won 3 straight and if Leatherface didn't chase Jimmy Johnson out of Dallas then the Cowboys would've won 4 straight.

The chances of winning a Super Bowl stay the same every year, if you win 2 lotterys in a row your odds of winning a third stay the same.

Not Ozymandias
08-18-2005, 03:46 PM
I like their chances a lot better than I like the Colts' or Steelers'.

I've been sigged! I don't even know what to say.

Here's some more on Mr. and Mrs. Manning from the NY Post:

January 27, 2005 -- INDIANAPOLIS Colts quarterback Peyton Manning wasn't happy the way the New England Patriots ended his season. At Edith's restaurant in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, the other night, Manning "looked totally dejected and had a puss on his face of 'Don't bother me,' " a spy reports. Peyton drank Coronas and his wife, Ashley, sipped margaritas. "Everyone knew who he was, including the Mexican waitstaff . . . He kept telling the waiters, 'This week I am known as Javier Lopez.' " Manning devoured a platter of shrimp, lobster tail and filet mignon, but "he was avoiding all eye contact with everyone else in the restaurant and stared out into space a lot," said our witness. "At one point, his wife asked him if he was listening to her and when he did not respond, she grabbed his hand and asked him again and he said despondently, 'No, I was thinking about football.' And when it came time to pay the bill, the wife said she would put it on her credit card since it is the same account, and he said, 'Believe me, I know.' "
Never get married.

JohnnyNemesis
08-18-2005, 03:48 PM
I like their chances a lot better than I like the Colts' or Steelers'.

Same here. Don't get me wrong, I still think a trip to the Super Bowl and a win is possible, and I'm definitely rooting all the way, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared shitless of those damn Patriots.

As far as that article goes: HA! sums it up nicely.

arak0r
08-18-2005, 11:18 PM
sadly i think the pats DO have a good chance to win it all again. its getting creepy. its like being a new england sports fan is finally paying off

sKratch
08-18-2005, 11:24 PM
The fact that no one has won tree straight Super Bowl is just a fluke. If the first Super Bowl had taken place a year sooner than it did then Green Bay would've won 3 straight and if Leatherface didn't chase Jimmy Johnson out of Dallas then the Cowboys would've won 4 straight.

The chances of winning a Super Bowl stay the same every year, if you win 2 lotterys in a row your odds of winning a third stay the same.
I'm not really a statistics pro, but it depends how you look at it. Your chances become slimmer if you think of it as winning one superbowl, and another, and anothe. If it's three autonomous years, then it's the same. Of course, winning a football game isn't about rolling dice.

Mota Boy
08-18-2005, 11:57 PM
Fuckin' GO SAINTS. Hahahahahaha, I can't believe that!

arak0r
08-19-2005, 12:21 AM
its preseason. the saints played their starters through the 3rd quarter. the pats.. well didnt even have their starters play through one half and still dominated for the most part

Not Ozymandias
08-19-2005, 12:35 AM
I'm not really a statistics pro, but it depends how you look at it. Your chances become slimmer if you think of it as winning one superbowl, and another, and anothe. If it's three autonomous years, then it's the same. Of course, winning a football game isn't about rolling dice.
Jets or Giants? Come clean.

sKratch
08-19-2005, 12:41 AM
I'm actually not a follower of football.

My third grade teacher would have me give no other answer besides The Giants, though.

Not Ozymandias
08-19-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm actually not a follower of football.

You're so unsexy right now. :(

Not Ozymandias
08-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Fuckin' GO SAINTS. Hahahahahaha, I can't believe that!
I'm sure two things happened after the game:

1) The Aints celebrated like idiots for beating the World's Finest in an exhibition game.

2) Belichick and Co. are already using what they saw to plan for the regular season game against NO later this year.

pretty fly 88
08-19-2005, 09:05 AM

It isn't exactly easy to win three straight super bowls. To do that, you have to keep your team together for three straight years and hope you stay injury-free. I guess your statistics are probably right, but there are still good reasons to think the Patriots won't win it again:
1. Loss of both offensive and defensive coordinators. That could make a bigger difference than people think. Maybe Bill Belichick isn't the mastermind, maybe it's the coordinators.
2. Loss of Ty Law to the Jets. I know the Patriots did fine when their top 2 cornerbacks went down last year, but they might not do so fine with different coordinators. And with Ty Law going to a division rival, it might be tougher for Tom Brady to throw against the Jets.
3. Loss of Tedy Bruschi for the season. He had a big impact as well.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the Patriots have no chance of winning it.
I'm still afraid of them. These are just reasons to be optomistic that we may have a new Super Bowl champion.

Mota Boy
08-19-2005, 09:37 AM
Let us have our little victories. There's this old joke my uncle from New Orleans loves to tell that goes a little like...

"Satan's walking around Hell one day, enjoying the suffering around him when he sees Boudreaux strolling around, whistling as if he hasn't got a care in the world. Satan says to Boudreaux - 'What's wrong with you, boy? Doesn't all this heat get to you?'
'Naw man', Boudreaux says, 'This is just like N'awlins in the winter. You should go up there sometimes if you wanna see some real heat.'

Satan's a little miffed to hear this, so he goes and tells his subordinants to crank up the temperature a bit to get this guy. Afterwards, he goes to see how Boudreaux's handling it, but he's just fine - walking and whistling as if nothing's the matter. Satan is understandably perplexed.
'Now come on, you can't tell me that this isn't getting to you?'
'Well Satan', Boudreaux replies, 'This is just like N'awlins in the spring. Ain't nothin' to worry about.'

Satan's starting to get really annoyed, so he tells his minions to crank the thermostat up all the way. Afterwards, Satan goes to check on Boudreaux, gleefully imagining the results. But to his dismay, Boudreoux is slumped up against a stalagmite, taking a siesta. Satan kicks him awake.
'Now how about THIS? How does it feel to be boiling alive.'
Boudreaux just stretches, scratches himself and yawns.
'Ah shit Satan, this is just like N'awlins in the summertime - ain't no big deal.'

Satan's crushed, but he comes up with a great idea to finally get this guy. He goes back to his minions and tells them to turn the temperature all the way down. So they crank the thermostat as low as it can go. Soon it's far below freezing, snow is starting to pile up and everyone is looking as miserable as ever. Satan can barely contain himself as he wanders around looking for Boudreaux, but to his utter shock, Boudreaux is running around in the snow, looking as happy as he's even been. Satan can't take it any more.
'For the love of... what's going on NOW?'
Boudreaux is beside himself with excitement.
'Didn't you hear, Satan?', Boudreaux shouts, 'The Saints won the Superbowl!'"

JohnnyNemesis
08-19-2005, 09:53 AM
HA!
I hope I remember that one. I'll be stealing that, posting it elsewhere, and crediting you, though no one will know who you are.

Good stuff!

Apathy
08-19-2005, 10:35 AM
No sex ed in middle school. Theres also another hormone that makes you attracted to the person that looks attractive (Your mom Etc...)

I didnt notice you put me in you sig, thats the second time its ever happened to me on this bbs.

What do you mean no sex ed in Middle School? We've had Sex ed every year since fourth grade, and now I'm a freshman.

arak0r
08-19-2005, 11:14 AM
It isn't exactly easy to win three straight super bowls. To do that, you have to keep your team together for three straight years and hope you stay injury-free. I guess your statistics are probably right, but there are still good reasons to think the Patriots won't win it again:
1. Loss of both offensive and defensive coordinators. That could make a bigger difference than people think. Maybe Bill Belichick isn't the mastermind, maybe it's the coordinators.
2. Loss of Ty Law to the Jets. I know the Patriots did fine when their top 2 cornerbacks went down last year, but they might not do so fine with different coordinators. And with Ty Law going to a division rival, it might be tougher for Tom Brady to throw against the Jets.
3. Loss of Tedy Bruschi for the season. He had a big impact as well.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the Patriots have no chance of winning it.
I'm still afraid of them. These are just reasons to be optomistic that we may have a new Super Bowl champion.

1. The coordinators are not going to be a problem. its bill belichick ffs. the man knows what hes doing, and he was prolly prepared to lose his coordinators
2. ty law to the jets is nothing. we got duane starks to replace him. not as good, but good enough with their system. as for brady against the jets? give me a break. if anyone knows law its gonna be the pats, they will be prepared for law. as it is, thats 2 ! games a year, and brady hasnt really passed well against the jets in the past.
3. Chad Brown is a great linebacker, and will help fill out that area. in fact losing bruschi is the ONLY thing i was worried about, and thats mainly cause of his personal health.

rodney mullen
08-19-2005, 11:17 AM
if the patriots dont win the super bowl........................NO ONE WILL CARE!!!!

arak0r
08-19-2005, 11:18 AM
(jokeyjoke)

that, is fucking gold

arak0r
08-19-2005, 12:15 PM
You all gotta realise this isn't 'what's your favoirte team'. I mean, who the fuck voted for the Dolphins?

And as with any pole this should have been public.

I think the Steelers could do it. Depends on if Antwaan Randle El steps up and fills in for Plaxico Burress, and if their running game does as well as last year's.

i hate it when poles are private myself. goddamn those poles.