PDA

View Full Version : raising offspring fans

dementeddoll
08-19-2005, 08:22 AM
i am a mother of 4 kids, 2 sets of twins, ages 5 and 10. i actaully saw offspring at gilman st AGES ago and bought their demo tape and tshirt. all my kids are offspring fans, the 5 yr old is obsessed!! (well he will be 5 in a few weeks) for his bday he wants an offspring room. he watches the videos everyday (he bookmarked the website)
my husband is going to paint the logo on the wall, i am ordering the playset, some cloth posters, and bidding on some old vhs tapes on ebay.

any ideas as other items to get my lil fan!! i was looking for a fan club to join for him, but didnt see anytihng. also i cant find shirts to fit him.....so ill try to make one for him. any other ideas would greatly be appreciated.

anyone know how to get an autographed photo for his wall? his twin will be happy with the age appropriate toys i already bought from them.

thanks!!

dexterisMYman
08-19-2005, 08:25 AM
umm you can get him the americana and huck it videos. and you can also get him the video collection. yeah that was me at that age. maybe you could bid on ebay for an autographed poste. i dont know how trustworthy that is but hey give it a shot. and welcome to the boards.

platinumpt
08-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Shit, all this sounds so incredible, that I don't know if I should believe it or not! But yeah, the DVDs are a great gift, though I suppose she already has them, 'cause her kid is watching the videos all the time...

dexterisMYman
08-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Shit, all this sounds so incredible, that I don't know if I should believe it or not! But yeah, the DVDs are a great gift, though I suppose she already has them, 'cause her kid is watching the videos all the time...
did you see the part were she said she bookmarked the website? thats how he watches the videos.

Tijs
08-19-2005, 09:19 AM
... and bought their demo tape and ...
What's on that? I mean.. what demos? Any unreleased songs?

platinumpt
08-19-2005, 09:21 AM
did you see the part were she said she bookmarked the website? thats how he watches the videos.
Oops I missed that :o

Camilamazed
08-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Whooooooooooooooooooooa !!

I wanna a mother just like you...... Well..... I want to be a mother like you. I'm already 25 and soon will have kids

That's too damn awesome grow up listening to everything parents did once.....

=D

freek
08-19-2005, 02:38 PM
You could get him the little SMITI thing from
store.merch.com/offspring

...I dont know if thats what you meant about the toy or not...

Aimeht
08-19-2005, 02:45 PM
I wish my mom could do that for me. Okay, well, I'm 20 yrs old now. I'm happy she at least know which my fave band is. (Really, I believe this whole town knows)

offspring_freak_3
08-19-2005, 03:46 PM
What's on that? I mean.. what demos? Any unreleased songs?
i think she wants to say singles

vintagepunkrock7
08-19-2005, 09:22 PM
I wish my mom could do that for me. Okay, well, I'm 20 yrs old now. I'm happy she at least know which my fave band is. (Really, I believe this whole town knows)
your never too old, i am 20 also and last christmas my dad bought me the smiti playset, i was so excited that i got offspring toys for christmas lol. i also got some offspring things from my stepsister, keychains and stuff.

as for the kid, he is only 5 and already a fan, that is crazy, really cool, but kinda suprising i guess you could day.