PDA

View Full Version : Easy Songs to Play On Guitar

Nirushika6789
08-19-2005, 09:24 AM
ive only started on the guitar (a few weeks ago) and i was wondering if anyone knows any REALLY EASY songs on the guitar...so far all i can play is the solo in green days' waiting which is areally easy .....i find it hard to do chords but im stil learning lol

any band at all(maybe offspring if at all possible) and any song
just so it is really easy...

btw the way i am playing on an acoustic guitar so it would help if it the song was able to play on one :D

please help :)

Nirushika6789
08-19-2005, 11:00 AM
come on someone help me out :(

killer_queen
08-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Try Rodriguez's stuffs. They're pretty easy to play.

Jebus
08-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
Blink 182 - All The Small Things

Most punk songs should be fairly simple once you master the powerchord.

Nirushika6789
08-19-2005, 12:11 PM
ok thanks--10 chars

Megs
08-19-2005, 12:13 PM
depends whether you prefer to play tabs or chords, and which you find easiest

Jebus
08-19-2005, 12:38 PM
depends whether you prefer to play tabs or chords, and which you find easiest
Tableture(tabs) is a system of notation for the guitar. Why would anyone prefer a notation method over a chord? They're two completely different things.

Megs
08-19-2005, 12:41 PM
i know, but still.....what i'm saying is, would he prefer to play tab songs or chord songs.

Nirushika6789
08-19-2005, 12:47 PM
i know, but still.....what i'm saying is, would he prefer to play tab songs or chord songs.
Im a SHE lol

and i dont really see the difference between the two...

Jebus
08-19-2005, 12:49 PM
I don't think you understand what tablature is. Tableture is simply a sytem of notation that's easier to read than standard notation;therefore, even "chords songs" could be trascribed as a "tab song." There's no such thing as a song that can't be a "tab song." Anything on guitar could be written into tablature.

Nirushika6789
08-19-2005, 12:52 PM
I don't think you understand what tablature is. Tableture is simply a sytem of notation that's easier to read than standard notation;therefore, even "chords songs" could be trascribed as a "tab song." There's no such thing as a song that can't be a "tab song." Anything on guitar could be written into tablature.
yea thats what i was thinking

a tab is easy to write out on the internet...
thisis a tab
http://www.mxtabs.net/tabview.php?zip=129054&band=Blink+182&song=All+The+Small+Things

Nirushika6789
08-19-2005, 12:55 PM
aside all of that...does anyone have anymore suggestions for me??

China Boy
08-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Wild Thing, Smoke on the water, and the beginning of Americana. I'm teaching my brother, and he knows those now.

Nirushika6789
08-19-2005, 01:52 PM
Wild Thing, Smoke on the water, and the beginning of Americana. I'm teaching my brother, and he knows those now.
cool( i just learned the first part americana thanks:) )
....who sings smoke on the water /?? i need to know so as i can get the tab lol

Spork
08-19-2005, 01:53 PM
cool....who sings smoke on the water /?? i need to know so as i can get the tab lol

The mighty Deep Purple.

Apathy
08-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Cream - Sunshine of Your Love

The First part of the song anyway. It's easy, and almost everyone will recognize it instantly even if they've never heard of cream.

0r4ng3
08-20-2005, 08:08 AM
No one said Brain Stew yet? That's the easiest song, ever.

TheUnholyNightbringer
08-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Smoke On The Water isn't easy! Maybe the intro, yeah, but it's got a damn solo in it!

Buck Rogers by Feeder's fairly easy, I think.

Nirushika6789
08-20-2005, 11:03 AM
thanks for all the ideas and i can play some solos it depends how hard they are :)

Conspiracy of One
08-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Yeah learn Tablature then it'll be easy

noodlesfan
08-20-2005, 01:52 PM
(s)he knows what the fuck tabalature is! they are asking if she wants to read tabalature! OR chords!

Nirushika6789
08-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Yeah learn Tablature then it'll be easy
i can read tabs i just find it a bit hard to keep switching chords and changing up and down strings..but im getting the hang of it sort of :)

noodlesfan
08-20-2005, 01:54 PM
and an easy song is the intro to other side- by the red hot chilli peppers, if you need just about ANY tab get it at www.ultimate-guitar.com and im not being paid to say that.

Jebus
08-20-2005, 01:57 PM
(s)he knows what the fuck tabalature is! they are asking if she wants to read tabalature! OR chords!
There's a giant difference between "play" and "read."

Nirushika6789
08-20-2005, 02:00 PM
i know how to read tabs but i am finding it hard to change chords during songs...anyone got any advice or anything/??/???????? :D

Jebus
08-20-2005, 02:03 PM
i know how to read tabs but i am finding it hard to change chords during songs...anyone got any advice or anything/??/???????? :D
Practice is the only way to solve that problem. When you say chords, do you mean power chords? If so, what fingers do you use to play them?

Nirushika6789
08-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Practice is the only way to solve that problem. When you say chords, do you mean power chords? If so, what fingers do you use to play them?
yea power chords and ordinary chords.i can play them but when it comes to switching them im ruined
..... i use the PIMA thing...thumb for the bottom 3 strings...and index for next etc.....

i find it hard to change chords during a song...ur right..practise makes perfect lol:D

Jebus
08-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Oh yeah, learn Dirty Magic. It's fairly simple yet fun song to play.

Something I wish someone told me when I started is to try to learn how to alternate pick right away. Alternate picking is basicly picking up and down instead of just down picking single notes. It's extremely difficult to get used to at first but it's much more efficient once you get used to it and it will help your playing in the long run.

Nirushika6789
08-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Oh yeah, learn Dirty Magic. It's fairly simple yet fun song to play.

Something I wish someone told me when I started is to try to learn how to alternate pick right away. Alternate picking is basicly picking up and down instead of just down picking single notes. It's extremely difficult to get used to at first but it's much more efficient once you get used to it and it will help your playing in the long run.

cool ill try it and it can be played on acoustic which works for me..thanks :D

coke_a_holic
08-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Every Offspring song is relatively easy. Except for the little solos in some songs. Try Come out and Play's egyptian riff, Brain Stew, Smells like Teen Spirit, and Good Riddance (Time of Your Life). Also: go to www.cyberfret.com and do the whole First Fret thing, it's very useful. Then get a teacher, that's even more helpful.

EDIT: Don't bother wondering about distortion and stuff, it's not really necessary, I think songs sometimes sound better without it.

Nirushika6789
08-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Every Offspring song is relatively easy. Except for the little solos in some songs. Try Come out and Play's egyptian riff, Brain Stew, Smells like Teen Spirit, and Good Riddance (Time of Your Life). Also: go to www.cyberfret.com and do the whole First Fret thing, it's very useful. Then get a teacher, that's even more helpful.

EDIT: Don't bother wondering about distortion and stuff, it's not really necessary, I think songs sometimes sound better without it.
Thanks and yea i do plan to get a teacher....i can play the COAP eqyptian riff...

and that website..ithink ive been on it and ive bought a beginners book (Really big one lol) and it kinda tells me all of that