PDA

View Full Version : The Baseball Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Alec
08-19-2005, 10:16 AM
whats your favorite baseball team and player?

My favorite team is the Yankees and my favorite player is Derek Jeter

JohnnyNemesis
08-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Favorite team: Yankees (save your grief, look at my location, and just understand, people).

Favorite current player(s): Mike Mussina, Roger Clemens, Alfonso Soriano, Johan Santana, Andy Pettite, Mariano Rivera

Favorite all-time player(s): Paul O'Neill, Mike Mussina, Andy Pettite, Roger Clemens, Tony Gwynn, David Cone

About time we had a baseball thread here.

Conspiracy of One
08-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Sorry Im a basketball And Football guy. But.......

White Sox.

sKratch
08-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Favorite team: Yankees (save your grief, look at my location, and just understand, people).

Favorite current player(s): Mike Mussina, Roger Clemens, Alfonso Soriano, Johan Santana, Andy Pettite, Mariano Rivera

Favorite all-time player(s): Paul O'Neill, Mike Mussina, Andy Pettite, Roger Clemens, Tony Gwynn, David Cone

I'm not big into baseball any more (I used to watch it pretty hardcore), but I'm a Yankees fan too. My favorite has always been Tino, and it warmed my heart when they brought him back.

arak0r
08-19-2005, 12:10 PM
what really warms my heart is seeing boston in first place, even after losing a series to detroit and getting raped by the angels last night

Not Ozymandias
08-19-2005, 11:59 PM
I dismays me to see so many people in this thread expressing love for pure evil. :(

To answer the question:
http://www.gothamist.com/images/2004_10_sortiz.jpg

RXP
08-20-2005, 01:33 AM
http://static.ecb.co.uk/images/width150/flintoff69-1868.jpg

Alec
08-21-2005, 09:30 AM
what really warms my heart is seeing boston in first place, even after losing a series to detroit and getting raped by the angels last night

Boston sucks.

Weirddimensions
08-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Giants baby! This has been a tough year though, it really looked like they'd be making another run at the World Series but our closer never showed up and uh...you know what else.

Favorite players: Bonds (it's not over), Omar Vizquel, Schmidt, Kirk Rueter (come baaaack)

I'm not too big on baseball though, it's tough to watch those games unless you really love your team or if there's a really special player in the game. And it's really tought watching the Giants play after so many years of having a Bonds at-bat to look forward to. He might be back in September along with Armando, and with all the pieces together you never know, they could become the hottest team. And San Diego could potentially crumble at any moment.

leo3375
08-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Favrite team: Twins!!!

Favorite Players: Johann Santana, Torii Hunter, and Joe Mauer (all Twins)

bd007h
08-21-2005, 10:54 AM
baseball is more boring than watching a race between a retarded turtle and a sloth with a broken leg.

Weirddimensions
08-21-2005, 11:03 AM
How do you tell if a turtle's retarded? Don't the retarded ones just drown when they crawl in the wrong direction after they hatch?

HornyPope
08-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Gary Carter, Pedro Martinez, Vlad Guerrero, Andre Dawson, Andres Galarraga, Javier Vazquez and Larry Walker. And maybe Rondel White and Kerry Rogers. Hell, I love the entire Expos '94 squad, too.

JohnnyNemesis
08-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Good choices, HornyPope.

Not Ozymandias, that looks like pure evil to me as well, man.

Not Ozymandias
08-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Boston sucks.
Yeah, how 'bout you actually learn the name of your own "favorite team" before talking shit about a first-place team, you bandwagon dilletante vermin.

Not Ozymandias
08-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Not Ozymandias, that looks like pure evil to me as well, man.
Yeah, but you're wrong. See?

Alec
08-22-2005, 11:12 PM
What is this thread dying?

Not Ozymandias
08-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Wow, it went 27 1/2 hours without a new post - call 911.

bd007h
08-22-2005, 11:23 PM
What is this thread dying?

yeah, because baseball sucks. Hockey beats the shit outta baseball.

jade fahy
08-22-2005, 11:23 PM
baseball sucks ass

JohnnyNemesis
08-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Hockey beats the shit outta baseball.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
...woo!

wishomie, they're right there in that WildCard, and whaddaya know, they could very well take over the AL East. Live in fear!

Weirddimensions
08-23-2005, 09:16 AM
With that kind of a payroll, how do you not win 105 games every year? With 200 million dollars, I could put together a never-ending dynasty. Just don't fuck it up by taking on the kind of contracts that pay Kevin Brown 100 million dollars. How much of that payroll was completely useless before Giambi got hot? And if Steinbrenner is so rich, why doesn't he fire Brian Cashman and sign Billy Beane to an 80 million dollar contract? Imagine how good the A's would be right now if they had Tejada, Hudson, Mulder, Isringhausen, etc...and were able to go after star free agents at the same time. And they're already a winning team without that! You need to have an Ace, you need a power hitter, but above all you gotta have a GM if you want to win over a long period of time. Cashman is overrated.

JohnnyNemesis
08-23-2005, 10:11 AM
I don't understand it either, and it pisses me off. See, the smart thing to do is to have a decent farm system, raise players from there, and just get a few free agents here and there. What does that fuckin' scumbag Steinbrenner do? He gets a hard on for anyone over the age of 40 and starts signing them immeidately. Our farm system is HORRIBLE because of his priorities.

-Trading away our entire future for two or three years with an aging (41 years old!) pitcher? Sure, why not!

-Trading away an exciting, great 2B (even though he's a defensive liability) for "the world's best shortstop", even though we already have a franchise player at that position? Sure, let's do it!

-Signing KENNY FUCKING LOFTON for Chrissake?! Yeah, why not!

*strangles someone* Oh fucking hell.

wishomie, the Yankees, when healthy, can contend pitching-wise. Shawn Chacon has been awesome all year, Jaret Wright should get back into his groove eventually (I'm crossing my fingers, anyway), Moose is always at least decent, and Carl Pavano should be okay eventually. Wang is coming back in September too. As far as those BoSox go, you just worry about Schiling's health for now...

I'd be lying if I said I thought the Yankees would win the AL East this year, but it's definitely feasible.

JohnnyNemesis
08-23-2005, 10:25 AM
The future is good for Brewer fans.

This is true. As long as you hold on to Ben Sheets, everything will be fine. You need one more great young starter to fill out that rotation though.

Not Ozymandias
08-23-2005, 08:41 PM
yeah, because baseball sucks. Hockey beats the shit outta baseball.
Wrong. It has it's moments though...

http://www.neutralzonehockey.com/99hull.jpg

bd007h
08-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Wrong. It has it's moments though...

http://www.neutralzonehockey.com/99hull.jpg

:mad: NO GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not Ozymandias
08-23-2005, 08:48 PM
With that kind of a payroll, how do you not win 105 games every year? With 200 million dollars, I could put together a never-ending dynasty. Just don't fuck it up by taking on the kind of contracts that pay Kevin Brown 100 million dollars. How much of that payroll was completely useless before Giambi got hot? And if Steinbrenner is so rich, why doesn't he fire Brian Cashman and sign Billy Beane to an 80 million dollar contract? Imagine how good the A's would be right now if they had Tejada, Hudson, Mulder, Isringhausen, etc...and were able to go after star free agents at the same time. And they're already a winning team without that! You need to have an Ace, you need a power hitter, but above all you gotta have a GM if you want to win over a long period of time. Cashman is overrated.
It isn't all Cashman, Steinbrenner is the one who makes most of their jackass decisions.
Beane is a co-owners of the A's, getting him would not be easy. Boston offered him a ton of cash in '02 and he turned us down. Plus, it's not certain he would still be effective with all that money at his disposable. He might wind up like Scorsese, who has bigger budgets to work with than ever before but with disappointing results compared to when he had to struggle to get a movie made but produced classics.

When I think of how good the A's and Twins would be without such cheap-fuck owners it makes me wonder why the media spends so much time fixating on the money the Yankees waste instead of pointing out the money that other teams refuse to spend.

Unnatural Disaster
08-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Team: Atlanta Braves

Players: Marcus Giles, Chipper Jones, John Smoltz

Not Ozymandias
08-23-2005, 08:54 PM
I don't understand it either, and it pisses me off. See, the smart thing to do is to have a decent farm system, raise players from there, and just get a few free agents here and there. What does that fuckin' scumbag Steinbrenner do? He gets a hard on for anyone over the age of 40 and starts signing them immeidately. Our farm system is HORRIBLE because of his priorities.

-Trading away our entire future for two or three years with an aging (41 years old!) pitcher? Sure, why not!

-Trading away an exciting, great 2B (even though he's a defensive liability) for "the world's best shortstop", even though we already have a franchise player at that position? Sure, let's do it!

-Signing KENNY FUCKING LOFTON for Chrissake?! Yeah, why not!

*strangles someone* Oh fucking hell.

wishomie, the Yankees, when healthy, can contend pitching-wise. Shawn Chacon has been awesome all year, Jaret Wright should get back into his groove eventually (I'm crossing my fingers, anyway), Moose is always at least decent, and Carl Pavano should be okay eventually. Wang is coming back in September too. As far as those BoSox go, you just worry about Schiling's health for now...

I'd be lying if I said I thought the Yankees would win the AL East this year, but it's definitely feasible.
I keep hearing their farm system sucks, but they keep producing guys like Wang and Cano so it can't be THAT bad, just not great. Oh, and you forgot them choosing Sheffield over Guererro and Womack over Cairo. XD

You don't want Jaret Wright when he's in his "groove", his groove is sucking.

Pavano may get healthy but he'll never be okay, he has "one-year wonder" written all over him.

C'mon Big Kev, get healthy! All of Boston is rooting for you to come back quick.
http://www.yesnetwork.com/images/talent_article/brown_1006.jpg

Not Ozymandias
08-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Team: Atlanta Braves
My condolences.

Unnatural Disaster
08-23-2005, 08:57 PM
My condolences.

Why?

They are in first place

Not Ozymandias
08-23-2005, 09:00 PM
They've been in first place for 400 years straight. They always fuck it up in the post-season though, the one exception being in '95 when they were fortunate enough to face even bigger playoff underacheivers.

Unnatural Disaster
08-23-2005, 09:03 PM
It's still nice to have a chance to get into the world series every year.

JohnnyNemesis
08-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Wang and Cano are diamonds in the rough. But yeah, I suppose it's not as bad as it used to be. I can live with Sheffield over Guerrero, but fucking Womack over Cairo? Steinbrenner gets weird hard-ons for certain players. Sometimes it's like Steinbrenner makes decisions after watching highlights on ESPN, the fuckin' asshole.

The Darkside Has Cookies
08-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Heres my version of baseball.

I go out with my TEAM of friends.
I meet a chick that looks like a GRAND SLAMMER.
We go somewhere quiet and get to 3RD BASE.
And I get to do a HOME RUN when her boyfriend shows up.

JohnnyNemesis
08-23-2005, 10:18 PM
I wish I could program one key on my keyboard to just type in "The Darkside Has Cookies, you're extremely unfunny" with a single keystroke, so that I don't have to type it so goddamn often.

The Darkside Has Cookies
08-23-2005, 10:21 PM
So negative Rick,so negative. Eh atleast I tried to make a sex joke.

JohnnyNemesis
08-23-2005, 10:21 PM
I was being very positive. I was promoting honesty.

Not Ozymandias
08-23-2005, 10:23 PM
I wish I could program one key on my keyboard to just type in "The Darkside Has Cookies, you're extremely unfunny" with a single keystroke, so that I don't have to type it so goddamn often.
This is almost as quick:

This message is hidden because The Darkside Has Cookies is on your ignore list.

The Darkside Has Cookies
08-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Ah yes,honesty is good. Use it wisely. If a chick says "Do these pants make my ass look huge?" you can either say "Yeah fatass" or say "No way,you look beautiful".

Mota Boy
08-24-2005, 12:36 AM
It's really odd... I'm a Sox fan, but when I was abroad I found myself increasingly rooting for the Yankees.

I think that it's because, domestically, the American tendency is to root for the underdog. Fuckin' go Sox! But abroad... America's general reputation - and it's infectious! - is one of overwhelming power. And while it may be the American Dream for the underdog to win, the American Reality is that we haven't been the underdog since... Pearl Harbor if given the benefit of the doubt. Sixty years ago? So the Yankees epitomize America abroad - a team ridiculously stacked against the other guys that you can't understand how to root for them unless you live it - unless you experience it yourself. When I was overseas, I began to appreciate the Yankees cap.

But I'm back in the U.S. now. Fuck you, Rick.

JohnnyNemesis
08-24-2005, 12:45 AM
But I'm back in the U.S. now. Fuck you, Rick.

*sadistic glare* Oh, you got a taste of the evil I was born with here in the Bronx, and you LOVED it. You'll never be the same, you're totally poisoned, you're coming with us.

*shrinks* Besides, we're fighting for the frickin' Wild Card now!

Mota Boy
08-24-2005, 12:50 AM
Yeah, the Sox are the big, bad boys on the block now! Hahahaha! In your FACE, New York!

...if this shit keeps up, I'm going to have to become a Cubs fan.

RXP
08-24-2005, 01:02 AM

you can, you have to type up a macro for it. get some macro software.

Mota Boy
08-24-2005, 01:34 AM
Honestly Dush... I wish there was a key to slap you over the internet for that remark. And if there IS, in fact, a way to program such function on the keyboard, don't bother telling me about it. Just slap yourself and save us all those precious extra seconds of our lives it would take to read up on the instructions.

dalaksta
08-24-2005, 03:38 AM
red sox all de way

Not Ozymandias
08-24-2005, 04:58 AM
^Even retards get it.

Not Ozymandias
08-27-2005, 09:41 AM
The Red Sox just began a 14-game homestand. They better win every goddamn game to make it up to me for losing to Kansas Shitty. Twice.

Not Ozymandias
08-27-2005, 10:12 AM
They're still a season away from competing, you'd be better off just rooting for a winning record.

JohnnyNemesis
08-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Fuck the Wildcard, the Yanks are taking over the AL East. 2 games out, baby!

JohnnyNemesis
08-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Oh please. A win is a win, whether it's a 16-1 beatdown or a 5 run bottom of the ninth dramatic ending. You get ONE W for each. Makes no difference.

And yeah, KC is the worst team in baseball, but the Yanks also held their own in two series with the ChiSox. The Sox beat us in the Bronx, but they just barely did in two of those games. In Chicago? Yanks held it down.

Not Ozymandias
08-30-2005, 02:21 AM
I was feeling kind of surly about Boston's piss-poor pitching, but then I saw this and I couldn't stop laughing:

Bellhorn to sign with Yanks on Tuesday
Former Red Sox infielder set to become newest Bomber
-mlb.com

That's right, New York thinks the answer to their playoffs quest is a guy who was batting .176 in AAA.

What a fucking world this is now - where the Yankees grab our cast-offs to try and squeeze some of that Red Sox magic out of them. I can't stop pointing and laughing.

Vladimir
08-30-2005, 02:24 AM

Baseball sucks

Not Ozymandias
08-30-2005, 02:28 AM
This message is hidden because Vladimir is on your ignore list.

barangatang
08-30-2005, 02:30 AM
This message is hidden because Vladimir is on your ignore list.

man i still can't get over, the fact that the "curse" is broken.

Not Ozymandias
08-30-2005, 09:08 PM
http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/bellhorn-bp_KO.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
08-31-2005, 06:48 AM
HA!!! Cold-hearted.

I hear Steinbrenner wants to sign Bobby Bonilla next.

Not Ozymandias
09-01-2005, 06:49 PM
That's 5 straight for Boston.

Saddam must be bummed:
http://www.polyfro.com/images/saddam-yankees.jpg

barangatang
09-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Saddam must be bummed:

he should write a book about it.

Not Ozymandias
09-02-2005, 04:59 PM
he should write a book about it.
http://mahopa.de/bilder/lustige-forenbilder/you-not-funny.jpg

Not Ozymandias
09-04-2005, 07:48 PM
I wish more teams would try the suicide squeeze, I love watching the Cardinals do it because you know it's coming yet they pull it off anyway.
Though the Sox probably shouldn't try it, I'm sorry to say, some of our baserunners have enough trouble scoring from third on an outfield hit...

dexterisMYman
09-04-2005, 07:50 PM

DAMN! Same here.

Alec
09-10-2005, 09:42 AM
I'm starting fall ball

Not Ozymandias
09-10-2005, 01:02 PM
This message is hidden because Alec is on your ignore list.

Derek Jeter is a woman.

Sin Studly
09-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Baseball is almost as gay as cricket. And cricket is the gayest sport known to mankind. Gayer than figure-skating, even.

Not Ozymandias
09-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Baseball is not as manly as football (the real kind, not the shit with fags running around in shorts and 0-0 ties), but it's still tits.

Jeter once again ended a game failing to get a hit and keep the game going. That's the 28th time this year. They should bench this useless asshole.
Schilling's officially back, I hope the Yankees had their fun.

Alec
09-10-2005, 01:49 PM
he's making more money than you

bd007h
09-10-2005, 01:52 PM
he's making more money than you

he's making more money than your whole family combined. Baseball bites the big one

Alec
09-10-2005, 02:13 PM
he's making more money than your whole family combined. Baseball bites the big one
more than all three of ares, mabye

Not Ozymandias
09-10-2005, 02:14 PM
This message is hidden because Alec is on your ignore list.
That's 28 times he failed to help his team when they needed him most. Some captain...

Alec
09-10-2005, 02:23 PM
he's good.

bd007h
09-10-2005, 02:24 PM
he's good.

he sucks, just like baseball

Alec
09-10-2005, 02:25 PM
you don't know baseball

Sin Studly
09-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Baseball is not as manly as football

Baseball isn't as manly as fag-football either. Hell, baseball isn't even as manly as plucking your eyebrows and wearing heels.

Not Ozymandias
09-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Stop posting in this thread, you have nothing to contribute.

Not Ozymandias
09-20-2005, 09:57 PM
I suspect the next two weeks are going to take more years off my life than the decade of smoking...

Not Ozymandias
09-24-2005, 11:29 PM
The Red Sox have despite their best efforts somehow found themselves tied for first. There's no fucking excuse for them to lose another game until they clinch the East. Time to cowboy the fuck up already.

JohnnyNemesis
10-02-2005, 02:05 PM
*points, laughs at all of New England*

Take the Wild Card and like it, fuckers.

JohnnyNemesis
10-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Oh, wah wah wah.

11 games out in May, first place in October. And this is with season ending/shortening injuries decimating the whole pitching staff. Ha ha fucking ha, I say.

Lars
10-02-2005, 02:52 PM
haha, LA (D, why the fuck should D be added because of some marketing ploy?) started off so well and it kind of just went downhill a bit...

Blue_Dragon
10-02-2005, 03:15 PM

favorite team: seattle mariners
favorite player: ichiro suzuki

JohnnyNemesis
10-03-2005, 03:33 PM
So...anyone picking those deadly Padres to win it all?

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
10-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I like the Mets.

JohnnyNemesis
10-03-2005, 03:55 PM
The Red Sox will crumble. They have horrible starting pitching and an even worse bullpen, which means a helluva lot more than those miracle home runs every now and then. They're a great team and they can make it past the White Sox, but I don't know how much farther they can go.

I pick the Yankees to win it all, naturally. But if they don't, I can see the Astros over the Angels.

Duracell
10-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Angels vs Cardinals in World Series

JohnnyNemesis
10-03-2005, 04:12 PM
The Red Sox offense makes up for their lack of Pitching.

No, it doesn't, especially when the Yankees' offense is just as strong, but hasn't quite been as timely.

In a short series, you can get by on offense, but if you're facing a team with strong enough pitching, all is lost. I still think the Red Sox will beat the White Sox, but if Contreras, Garland, and Buerle get going, again, all is lost.

Duracell
10-03-2005, 04:24 PM
I'd really like to see the Red Sox repeat as Champs, but I just don't see them getting past the Angels.

JohnnyNemesis
10-03-2005, 05:51 PM
The Angels are better than I like to give them credit for, but I dunno, I don't take them too seriously. They've always been Yankee killers though, which is a little scary.

JohnnyNemesis
10-05-2005, 06:40 PM
*looks over at Boston*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA FUCKIN' HAAAAA!!!

JohnnyNemesis
10-06-2005, 07:13 AM
1-1 is a better situation than 0-2. Especially being tied 1-1 with the Angels, who are a pretty good team, rather than being down 0-2 against the ChiSox, a thoroughly average one.

Then again, what do YOU know about baseball in October, Wisconsin resident? =P

offspring fan
10-06-2005, 07:15 AM
i dont understand baseball.
we dont have that in norway

Duracell
10-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Then again, what do YOU know about baseball in October, Wisconsin resident? =P

ahaahah, Wishomie, you just got served foo'. I on the other hand, know quite a bit about baseball in October since I used to live in Georgia.

arak0r
10-06-2005, 09:30 AM
1-1 is a better situation than 0-2. Especially being tied 1-1 with the Angels, who are a pretty good team, rather than being down 0-2 against the ChiSox, a thoroughly average one.

actually id say the white sox are the better team.. even with their slump towards the end of the year they still had the best record in the american league. the red sox SHOULD have won last night. if it wasnt for graffaninos error they would have. it was that error that gave the white sox all their runs tbh.

JohnnyNemesis
10-06-2005, 03:30 PM
arak0r, W-L records notwithstanding, I just don't see enough offense from the White Sox. Yes, pitching means more than anything in the playoffs, but the Angels at least have some firepower too. I'd say they're better than the White Sox, even though I might pick the ChiSox over the Angels if they both advance to the ALCS (I haven't decided though). You know how these things go.

wishomie - Calm down, it was just a joke. And yeah, 1989 had an all California World Series (Oakland over San Fran), and 1988 saw the Dodgers take it all.

JohnnyNemesis
10-07-2005, 04:59 PM
arak0r and Not Ozymandias, this thread beckons.

Not Ozymandias
10-07-2005, 05:52 PM
I was just kidding when I said I liked baseball, I fucking hate it.

JohnnyNemesis
10-07-2005, 07:35 PM
*long, proud grin*

Duracell
10-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Yankees are in danger of being down 2 games to 1.

Hells yeah, thats how we do it

JohnnyNemesis
10-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Why aren't you at Yankee stadium rooting for your team. You must not be a true Yankee fan.

Motherfucker, you think I can afford PLAYOFF TICKETS? Are you fuckin' insane?

Duracell
10-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Motherfucker, you think I can afford PLAYOFF TICKETS? Are you fuckin' insane?

What kinda job do you have?

JohnnyNemesis
10-07-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm poor. And right now, I have a campus job, making like, 6 bucks an hour. I'm a deskperson at the Library here.

Besides, I live at college now, I can't even afford the time to go to the stadium, much less the money.

Human
10-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Tony Gwynn
I love the yankees. We have a Tony Gwynn mural about 6 feet tall at my school. Oh wait, I think it is 8 feet. Not sure.

Duracell
10-07-2005, 08:34 PM
I'm poor. And right now, I have a campus job, making like, 6 bucks an hour. I'm a deskperson at the Library here.

Besides, I live at college now, I can't even afford the time to go to the stadium, much less the money.

Alright, yeah I understand were you're coming from.

Duracell
10-07-2005, 08:35 PM
I love the yankees. We have a Tony Gwynn mural about 6 feet tall at my school. Oh wait, I think it is 8 feet. Not sure.

Tony Gwynn's son, plays for the Brewers AA team.

Human
10-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Tony Gwynn's son, plays for the Brewers AA team.
Cool. Anytime I see that mural I think of the boards. You know why or at leats I hope.

CaN't RePeAt
10-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Cool. Anytime I see that mural I think of the boards. You know why or at leats I hope.

Yes I do. :D

Human
10-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Yes I do. :D
Good. You better.

JohnnyNemesis
10-07-2005, 10:16 PM
they are losing right now because you're not there cheering them on.

It's posts like these that make me believe that you're much better than people give you credit for.

JohnnyNemesis
10-08-2005, 03:34 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2005/10/07/FmfUHiZ9.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
10-08-2005, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Steinbrenner did sign Mother Nature to a lucrative contract...

Duracell
10-09-2005, 04:05 PM
If the Yankees lose tonight, i'll taste some of my own cum in celebration.

Duracell
10-09-2005, 07:12 PM
me too. by the way, my movie was awesome. It was an actual full length movie.

Sweet, I'm glad you got yourself a good one. The Angels are only up by one. They need a bigger lead or I'm afraid I wont be able to taste cum for the 1st time, tonight.

barangatang
10-09-2005, 07:14 PM
holy shit (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ps/y2005/wrap.jsp?ymd=20051009&content_id=1243734&vkey=ps2005wrapup&fext=.jsp&) .

Duracell
10-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Fuck! Tie game, fuck those yankees

Not Ozymandias
10-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Well, at least the Braves got beaten down like the filthy dogs that they are.

Now, if only The The Angels Angels of Anaheim* would hold up their end.

*that's the literal English translation of their name. What a fucking farce.

Not Ozymandias
10-10-2005, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Steinbrenner did sign Mother Nature to a lucrative contract...
She's certainly old enough to be one of his brilliant ideas.
God, I can't wait to see The Big Ugly still pitching for New York in '07 because he'll be too expensive to get rid of. :)

arak0r
10-11-2005, 08:41 AM
damn.

no redsox or yankees. im loving it. i mean i <3 my red sox, but i can deal with it. shit we went 86 years without :p id like to see chicago or houston win it all. i always liked houston.. and what the rocket is doing with them is insane. but then again chicago looks to be the boston of last year.. :<

arak0r
10-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Now, if only The The Angels Angels of Anaheim* would hold up their end.

*that's the literal English translation of their name. What a fucking farce.

couldnt agree more. they need to go back to being the california angels

JohnnyNemesis
10-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Astros ALLLL the way now that the Yanks are gone. I've always loved Houston too, and Andy Pettite is still one of my absolute all time favorites. I'll root for him and whoever is around him forever. Besides, they're a great team.

The White Sox are looking damn good, but I just think getting past Clemens, Pettite, and Oswalt is nearly impossible. We'll see though. I don't think I'd be surprised if the ChiSox take it all, and something deep down inside of me probably wants to see another long streak of failure come to a dramatic end. (I just hope that if it does, it's in a great, long, competitive World Series. This may sound like mindless Sox bashing, but something about the Red Sox sweeping the Cardinals last year was anti-climactic after 86 years. It's not their fault, of course; the Red Sox were just way better than any other team in baseball in 2004).

Yeah, I'm a Yankee fan, but I'm even more of a baseball fan, so I'm still excited, y'know? I hope my Yankee loving friends continue to watch too. They missed out on a great 2002 ALCS between the Twins and Angels, and an even better NLCS that year between the Giants and Cardinals because they gave up on the sport once the Yanks lost.

bluefudge
10-11-2005, 11:39 AM
well.. i don't know so much about baseboll.. so.. well.. Giants are kinda great.

Not Ozymandias
10-12-2005, 05:50 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, there goes the worst team that $200 million can buy.
Good job, Big Stein, you spent $40 million more to win less games and get bounced from the playoffs even sooner. This is even funnier than when former Yankee employee George Costanza held out for less money.
The funniest will be when Pay-Rod collects his 2nd undeserved MVP award next month after going 2 for 15 when it mattered most.

Hey, what do you know, I like baseball again. :)

*supports Chicago and Houston as well*

Not Ozymandias
10-12-2005, 05:52 AM
well.. i don't know so much about baseboll.. so.. well.. Giants are kinda great.
No, they're kinda not.

Not Ozymandias
10-20-2005, 06:15 PM
It's going to be a great Series, but I don't know who I want to win.
Probably Chicago since it's their turn, but I'd like to see Biggio and Bagwell finally get rings and this may be their last chance.

Alec
10-20-2005, 08:04 PM
wow! this thread is still alive!

JohnnyNemesis
11-09-2005, 11:34 PM
...least dominant Cy Young winner in recent memory. The fat bastard is thoroughly average.

Not Ozymandias
11-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Rivera got jobbed, and even I admit this. Santana was far better too. It blows my mind how people who follow sports for a living can be so lazy and ignorant.

They'll prove this even more in a few days when they give 2-For-15 In The Playoffs his second undeserved AL MVP award.

JohnnyNemesis
11-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Rivera was the clearest choice, but fuck, I agree, even Santana would have been a better choice than this guy. Bartolo Colon was 8th in the league in ERA (!!!), and 3rd on his own team! The only category he led the league in? Wins, the least telling of a pitchers true skill. Fucking bullshit.

A quick case for Santana, even though Rivera was clearly more dominant than both and should have won. This is just to illustrate how ridiculous the decision was:

ERA
Johan 2.87
Colon 3.48

ERA+
Johan 153
Colon 120

Ks
Johan 231
Colon 157

BBs
Colon 43
Johan 45

K/9
Johan 9.25
Colon 6.35

BB/9
Colon 1.74
Johan 1.75

WHIP
Johan 0.971
Colon 1.159

Bah.

As far as MVP goes: if DH Ortiz wins the MVP award, I flip the fuck out. That sounds hypocritical from someone saying a closer should've won the Cy Young award, but when it's this close, I think ARod should take it, no question.

And this is coming from someone who depsises Alex Rodriguez.

Not Ozymandias
11-10-2005, 12:19 AM
No. Pay-Rod was not even the most valuable player on his team, Rivera was. Slappy was their best offensive player, but the whole offense played very well. Their pitching sucked shit until they got Chacon and Small and The Big Ugly returned from his 4 month vacation, and it was August by the time that happened. Without Pay-Rod they could've conceivably made the playoffs (remember, he was 4th in RBI even though he was pathetic with guys in scoring position, somebody else could've gotten those RBIs), without Rivera holding shit down they would've finished 10 games back.

On the other hand, Ortiz played on a team with shitty pitching all around that only got worse (don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Theo), Boston only made the postseason by pounding the ever-living fuck out of the ball all year long. Nobody did this better than him. Yes, Manny (and Damon) was indispensible too, but it's most valuable palyer, and Ortiz was a bit better.

It's irrelevant though, I guarantee a couple of the self-styled "traditionalist" faggots who vote on this will leave him off the ballot entirely because he's a DH.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-10-2005, 06:19 AM
This thread is ghay.

JohnnyNemesis
11-14-2005, 11:42 AM
I dunno, Not Ozy. Y'see, maybe Rivera was a better player overall, but when it comes down to ARod and Ortiz, which it did, come on now. You can't discount the decent defense at what was a fairly new position.

Oh, and:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051114&content_id=1267994&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

heh heh heh....

Better numbers AND playing the field? No contest.

Not Ozymandias
11-14-2005, 09:02 PM
It's not Most Awesomest Stats, it's Most Valuable Player and Ortiz was far more valuable to his team than Pay-Rod was to his. Plus, he's a real Dominican, not some American bitch who spent 3 weeks in the DR when he was 4 and is now telling anyone who'll listen (and anyone who won't, for that matter) that he's a Dominican.

Plus, Ortiz looks like Shrek, everyone loves Shrek!

Not Ozymandias
11-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Mayhaps, but any team that can make the MFYs their bitch with 1/6 their payroll is a friend of mine. http://www.offspring.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Have they gotten rid of the owner yet? I heard they were going to try this offseason.

Alec
11-14-2005, 09:16 PM
This thread is like... I can't belive it exists still.

Not Ozymandias
11-14-2005, 09:57 PM
www.mlb.com

Not Ozymandias
03-09-2006, 09:11 AM
. PWN3D!!1 (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/magazine/03/06/growth0313/index.html)

Not Ozymandias
03-15-2006, 09:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/worldclassic2006/news/story?id=2369778

I know it's wrong for me to laugh, but I can't help it.

JohnnyNemesis
03-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Meh, the Dominicans are whooping ass, so all is well in the universe.

JohnnyNemesis
03-15-2006, 09:35 PM
This thread is like... I can't belive it exists still.

And I can't believe you haven't been beaten mercilessly yet, you fucking moron. Fuck the fuck off.

The shadow
03-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Ha, Im from Venezuela and people were really mad at dominicans here. I mean REALLY mad. And sad too. They have an incredible team.

Not Ozymandias
03-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Meh, the Dominicans are whooping ass, so all is well in the universe.
C'mon, indulge my bitter ass. Who do want playing centerfield on Opening Day: Damon, Bernie, or a kid with flippers for arms?

*mad cackles of schadenfreude*

XYlophonetreeZ
03-16-2006, 05:00 AM
Word is Damon might be injured. Ol' George sure ain't gonna be happy.

I feel sorry for Bernie. The guy's been on his team longer than anyone else in the game (now that Frank Thomas got traded), he's a veteran multiple gold-glove winner, and the media was just downright cruel to him last year. He didn't make any errors all year until like July or something and even so they were all saying that he was worthless anyway. When he finally did make an error one day, the fucking thing was replayed on Baseball Tonight for a week so they could attempt to prove themselves right. Even if he is somewhat of a defensive liability, so what? The guy's been playing CF for the Yanks for 15 motherfucking years. Aren't you supposed to be kinda focused on, ya know, applauding that?

Not Ozymandias
03-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Most of the criticism was of his arm which is pretty terrible at this point. The rest of his game is okay though, the media always jumps the gun on writing players' obituaries.

Not Ozymandias
03-17-2006, 02:42 AM
Go Cuba!

Not Ozymandias
03-17-2006, 02:44 AM
the media always jumps the gun on writing players' obituaries.
Except for Brett Farve, they kissed his ass for so long that they tricked him into sticking around longer than he should've and taking a steaming dump* on his own legacy.

*originally typed as dteaming sump. I think it's bedtime.

Not Ozymandias
04-07-2006, 06:28 PM
It's back.

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2005/09/07/1126085342_3351.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
04-07-2006, 06:31 PM
The Yankees are currently 1-2.

I'm waiting for Mike Lupica to write his "zOMG, da Yanks SUCK!!! YANK DIS LOLZ!!!" column any minute now.

Until they reach about a five game winning streak. Then he'll write his bi-monthly "The New York Yankees are the most well-decorated and classiest team in sports history" column.

Not Ozymandias
04-08-2006, 05:21 PM
*1-3 :)

Lupica and Murray Chass should be forced to do a remake of Saw. Only for real. I don't know what the fuck it is about the Northeast cities that attracts so many douchebags and borderline sociopaths to the sports media. I'd rather have a registered sex offender than Lupica or Dan Shaughnessy living in my neighborhood.

Not Ozymandias
04-08-2006, 09:45 PM
*1-4 :)

All About Eve
04-08-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm a Braves "fan", but I was burnt out from baseball before the season even started. I'll probably start paying attention after the halfway mark, if there's any reason to.

Not Ozymandias
04-15-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm closer to being able to die in peace, I saw a Papi HR in person on Thursday night.

http://www.survivinggrady.com/uploaded_images/walkoff-765308.jpg

FOUR MORE YEARS!!
FOUR MORE YEARS!!
FOUR MORE YEARS!!

Original prankstA
04-15-2006, 08:45 PM
uhhh tigers just cuz my home town, and bobby higginson but out of town-wise...eh i guess baltimore

Lars
04-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Wow, they're actually showing a Dodgers game on TV over here.

So Garciapara, any point in even taking him on?

Not Ozymandias
04-16-2006, 05:19 PM
You mean in a fight?

Lars
04-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Can he hold his own?

How many games will he play this season?

Not Ozymandias
04-16-2006, 05:28 PM
84. He's a total mess, his body is falling apart piece by piece and when he's playing he's half the player he used to be. The Dodgers were fucking idiots to make him their starting 1st baseman, their owner's hard-on for the Red Sox is getting ridiculous.

Not Ozymandias
04-28-2006, 11:10 AM
This is yet another reason why Baseball pwns, it's ostensibly a calm, gentlemanly sport but it's got just as many genuine psychos as football:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW0tuz3_Hgc&search=delmon

Not Ozymandias
05-19-2006, 09:02 PM
http://www.theredseat.com/papi.jpg

ALL YOUR BASES ARE BELONG TO HIM

All About Eve
05-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Yay for Phillies losing. Speaking of bases belonging to, LaRoche gets a bit of that after tonight.

http://images.chattanoogan.com/article_images/article_73919-2.jpg

Lars
05-20-2006, 12:38 PM
I was all :( cause I thought I'd not see a subway series game because I couldn't catch the entire one on sunday night. But I'm currently watching the one live now.

Too much WTP. Matsui on 3rd.

I wish I could have watched the Dodgers slaughter the Angels last night.

*edit: gg Wagner.

:( Bonds tied Babe Ruth

Not Ozymandias
05-21-2006, 03:59 AM
Yay for Phillies losing. Speaking of bases belonging to, LaRoche gets a bit of that after tonight.

http://images.chattanoogan.com/article_images/article_73919-2.jpg
What's up with Le Braves so far this year anyway? I thought last year would be the year, if any, that they would struggle with all the rookies they had then.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-25-2006, 05:05 PM
The Tigers are still the best in the league. I'm proud of them, all of Detroit is cheering for them, since the whole Red Wings/Pistons thing died out. Last year I made I bet I'd take a friend to a Tigers game if they won the World Series. I never expected anything like this to happen.

I feel bad for Kansas City. They are the worst team in a division with the two best teams in baseball. 32 1/2 games behind!

Not Ozymandias
07-25-2006, 11:42 PM
The Kansas City franchise deserves it, their owner is a cheap prick.

I'm enjoying the A-Rod meltdown as much as the Sox's inevitable march towards the World Series.

JohnnyNemesis
07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
the Sox's inevitable march towards the World Series.

Factually incorrect!

momo1tx
07-26-2006, 06:52 PM
I feel bad for Kansas City. They are the worst team in a division with the two best teams in baseball. 32 1/2 games behind!

Which ones? The Twins are tied with the Sox, after sweeping them this week. I think the Wild Card could come down to these two teams. Personally I think the Twins are playing better ball right now.

Thatsmypunk
07-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Houston Astros
Jeff Bagwell is my favorite player, but since he is out with injury and possible retirement soon, it'll have to be Lance Berkman.

All About Eve
07-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Jeff Bagwell is always out with an injury.

Poor Braves, their streak has ended. Atleast they have a shot at the wildcard.

Lars
07-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Look at the tiny monster, 3hr over it.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Which ones? The Twins are tied with the Sox, after sweeping them this week. I think the Wild Card could come down to these two teams. Personally I think the Twins are playing better ball right now.

Are the Twins really tied with the Sox? That leaves the best teams as the Tigers, White Sox, and Twins, which of all are in the same division.

arak0r
07-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Are the Twins really tied with the Sox? That leaves the best teams as the Tigers, White Sox, and Twins, which of all are in the same division.

uh false?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/standings;_ylt=AhGdYnhaDclW0KLtQwPeVWwRvLYF

JohnnyNemesis
08-20-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm enjoying the A-Rod meltdown as much as the Sox's inevitable march towards the World Series.

*bump + smile*

lol @ u.

Not Ozymandias
08-21-2006, 12:08 AM
21st Century Championship Scorecard:

Boston Red Sox 1
New York Yankees 0

JohnnyNemesis
08-21-2006, 12:13 AM
I usually think it's lame when Yankee fans pull out the 26-1 thing, but...don't make me!

Not Ozymandias
08-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Excuse me, it's 26-6. :cool:

JohnnyNemesis
08-21-2006, 12:20 AM
Oh der!

I = stupidz. Your :cool: was well-earned :(

Not Ozymandias
08-21-2006, 12:24 AM
As long as you admit you're wrong.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to listen to Van Halen's "Jump" until dawn.

barangatang
08-21-2006, 01:05 AM
The Giants are done for. I can't believe they went from being in first place in the NL West to loosing 9 games in a row. It's good to know that they're not alone figuring that only 4 teams in the NL are above 500. It's almost unbearable, I can't even look at the standings anymore. It's like someone scraping their fingernails down a chalkboard.

calichix
08-21-2006, 01:55 PM
the a's are the best in the west. but my faaave is the red sox. &jimmie foxx cause I'd jump his bones and it's cute that they called him "double x". I don't like the red sox cause they play well (they don't), I like them cause they have the best fans of any sports team anywhere. I love the footage of boston going buckwild at the world series. <33333 what a love fest.

JohnnyNemesis
08-21-2006, 08:16 PM
BoSox probably missing the playoffs and raped for a 5-game sweep?

Ahhh, things are back to normal <3

Not Ozymandias
08-21-2006, 08:44 PM
BoSox probably missing the playoffs and raped for a 5-game sweep?

Ahhh, things are back to normal <3
Actually, back to "normal" for MFY fans would be celebrating winning a playoff series instead of a regular-season one. :)

P.S.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/redsock/ortizchugs.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
09-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Actually, back to "normal" for MFY fans would be celebrating winning a playoff series instead of a regular-season one. :)

Haha, I know, you're undeniably right, but...

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/effinyankee/boston10GB.jpg

hehehhehehe.

Not Ozymandias
09-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Oh snap! (http://ohgodthatlookslikeithurts.ytmnd.com/)

JohnnyNemesis
09-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Pfft, I'd be willing to lose an outfielders kidneys to put Boston 10 games behind us!

Llamas
09-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Go Twins!

I've actually never been to a Twins game... only Brewers games, back when County Stadium was still around. Fuck Miller Park.

Not Ozymandias
09-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Pfft, I'd be willing to lose an outfielders kidneys to put Boston 10 games behind us!
Would you be willing to have to root for a team with A-Rod on it?

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/blueeyerizzo2/arod7vs.jpg

All About Eve
09-11-2006, 04:06 AM
Atlanta's 19 behind :(

Lars
09-11-2006, 06:04 AM
lawl. GG Atlanta.

LA's got a mighty 1.5 game lead...

All About Eve
09-11-2006, 08:59 AM
GG Atlanta.

Not really.:(

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Wow, the Tigers are fucking retards. They were on top the whole season, and now lost the division. Sure, they won the wild card, but they are about to get their asses handed to in New York.

Lars
10-01-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm currently waiting to see who the Dodgers will be playing.

momo1tx
10-01-2006, 03:04 PM
I was at today's Nationals game. They lost, of course, but it was quite emotional seeing Frank Robinson managing his last game, and giving a 20-minute speech before the game.

Lars
10-01-2006, 03:36 PM
haha, good job in not calling for the Moises Alou pop-up....

Not Ozymandias
10-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Poor Braves, their streak has ended. Atleast they have a shot at the wildcard.
I think this was the best thing that could've happened to them. Falling short so many times had to have gotten into players' heads; to win the East and lose in the playoffs every year. It didn't even look like they were trying a couple years this decade.

Now the next time they make the playoffs it'll feel like a fresh start.

JohnnyNemesis
10-02-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm not even a Mets fan, but even without Pedro, the Mets are going to rape the rest of the NL this year. They'll mow down the Dodgers, beat the Cardinals in the NLCS, and as they wait for the ALCS to be decided, they'll invite the Padres back for NLCS part 2 and rape them.

As for the AL, I can see the Yankees going all the way, and of course that's what I'll be rooting for...but the Twins are sexydangerous...

Lars
10-02-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm not even a Mets fan, but even without Pedro, the Mets are going to rape the rest of the NL this year. They'll mow down the Dodgers :( I was hoping for the Cardinals so they'd at least get into the NLCS. That said, in the last LA/NY meetup the Dodgers did take 2 out of 3.

leo3375
10-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and root for the Twins in the Playoffs.

Seriously, I've got a bad case of Twins Fever! So what if they lost Game 1? It's still anybody's series!

JohnnyNemesis
10-03-2006, 10:31 PM
If they can't win with Johan Santana, you have to be biting your nails right there.

Oh, and lolz go Yanks, hahaha.

Lars
10-04-2006, 09:01 AM
West > Central/East.

88 rematch!

JohnnyNemesis
10-04-2006, 10:01 AM
pfft, '00 rematch, holler!

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Suspenseful it was. So maybe we won't get our asses handed to.

Lars
10-05-2006, 01:29 PM
My comment for the Dodgers game yesterday "WTF" I think that sums up the two outs at home...

NY/DET game toda was good.

NY/LA game is at 1am here :/ Why couldn't they have another earlier game?

Not Ozymandias
10-05-2006, 01:33 PM
The Tigers should carry A-Rod off the field on their shoulders if they win this series.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Great game in Detroit, eh? There was some lucky plays we made and plays the Yankees couldn't finish.

Not Ozymandias
10-06-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm so hard I can't stand up.

leo3375
10-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Well, the Twinkies are out now. Damn.

Go Tigers!

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-06-2006, 08:16 PM
How many players do you know on the Yankees lineup? Now, how many players do you know on the Tigers lineup?

Exactly.

calichix
10-07-2006, 02:48 AM
dude why was I the last to know there's a Yankee named Kenny Rogers? why is that not a big deal?

Lars
10-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I thought he was with Detroit?

Nice to see Oakland get though.

No sweep for stl, which is all I wanted.

NYY/Det game is shaping up. Glad nothing happened until the stl/sd game was over or I would have missed that.

Lets see if LA can win at least one game.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-07-2006, 02:47 PM
dude why was I the last to know there's a Yankee named Kenny Rogers? why is that not a big deal?

Uh, what?
--
The Tigers game is looking very good. Too bad it had to start at the exact same time as the Michigan/Michigan State game.

JohnnyNemesis
10-07-2006, 03:58 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-07-2006, 04:37 PM
That was the greatest thing I've ever seen. The after celebration was great too. Rogers poured champagne all over a police officer's head and when Leyland went to go kiss his daughter and wife, a crazed fan went up and got a kiss too.

Not Ozymandias
10-07-2006, 04:40 PM
21st Century Championship Scorecard:

Boston Red Sox 1
New York Yankees 0
I generally agree.

Not Ozymandias
10-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Everything is right with the world. Again.

Not Ozymandias
10-07-2006, 05:18 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/blueeyerizzo2/arod7vs.jpg

arak0r
10-07-2006, 08:18 PM

because hes with the tigers, not the yankees?

arak0r
10-07-2006, 08:19 PM
anyway

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
fuck you new york >:o

Lars
10-07-2006, 08:58 PM
GG Nomar.

JohnnyNemesis
10-08-2006, 09:07 AM
You all need to eat dick.

GRR.

That's okay, cause they're also the worst team that was still playing in October, holler.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-12-2006, 12:43 PM
There's a good chance I might be going to one of the remaining two games of the ALCS. I love you, eBay.

Lars
10-12-2006, 12:57 PM
I haven't had a chance to watch any of the ALCS games.... And I won't be getting the chance tomorrow either, but game 4 I should be able to watch. Have games 1 and 2 been good?

HeadAroundU
10-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Baseball sucks. I still don't know rules. :p

but it's fun to skrike the ball with baseball bat.:)

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-12-2006, 01:10 PM
I haven't had a chance to watch any of the ALCS games.... And I won't be getting the chance tomorrow either, but game 4 I should be able to watch. Have games 1 and 2 been good?

Game one was pretty good, but game two was much better. Detroit would take a lead, Oakland would catch up, Detroit would take the lead again, Oakland would catch up, Detroit took the lead, and Oakland was one Frank Thomas home run away from a walk-off win.

Lars
10-12-2006, 01:10 PM
How about Finnish baseball?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Kenny Rogers just might be my favorite athlete. You know what else is great? I'm going to tomorrow's game in Detroit when we win the pennant.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-14-2006, 07:30 PM
HOLY CRAP!! THAT HOMERUN WAS THE GREATEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN/EXPERIENCED!!

Wow, that game was really fun. Detroit Tigers are going to the World Series, ladies and gentlemen.

78 Water
10-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Favortie team: Philadelphia Philles

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Here we go. The Detroit Tigers against the St. Louis Cardinals: World Series 2006. Predictions?

Original prankstA
10-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Here we go. The Detroit Tigers against the St. Louis Cardinals: World Series 2006. Predictions?

we lose game 1 because of our 6 days rest, clean sweep from then on

and that home run was magg-ical, if ya know what im sayin

JohnnyNemesis
10-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Tigers in either 5 or 6 games, I say.

Lars
10-23-2006, 04:23 AM
Haha, Jones almost fucked up that game.

So, what did Kenny Rogers have on his hand?

JohnnyNemesis
10-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Yet another reason the closer is the most overrated position in all of sports.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-23-2006, 02:58 PM
we lose game 1 because of our 6 days rest, clean sweep from then on

Tigers in either 5 or 6 games, I say.

I agree.

and that home run was magg-ical, if ya know what im sayin

You stole that from the newspaper, haha.

Haha, Jones almost fucked up that game.

Todd Jones really scares the hell out of me sometimes. He's probably our worst pitcher except for Grilli.

Yet another reason the closer is the most overrated position in all of sports.
I'm sure there's something else, but you're probably right.

He claims it was dirt, but we'll never know. He washed it off after the first inning and there wasn't a difference afterwards. The whole "the ball was acting funny" from La Russa was crap, though.

--
Also, this next game might be tough. Carpenter is an awesome pitcher and Robertson is good, but can't compare to the other starting pitchers. Not to mention, it's in St. Louis.

Original prankstA
10-23-2006, 05:05 PM
You stole that from the newspaper, haha.

you got me, and yeah jones went down severall pages in my book

JohnnyNemesis
10-23-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm sure there's something else, but you're probably right.

It kills me. The whole reason the role of closer exists is to completely close games out, but the type of pitcher that ends up in that role (often hard throwers with no fucking talent) surrenders so many fucking runs it aint funny. It kills me that to be a great closer you don't even have to be a great player, just don't give up ENOUGH runs to lose the game. Heck, a 7-0 game that turns into a 7-6 game still earns a pat on the back. Fuck that.

This obviously doesn't apply to guys like Dennis Eckersley, Trevor Hoffman, Mariano Rivera, and Troy Percival...but Armando Benitez, Billy Wagner, Braden Looper, Ugueth Urbina, Todd Jones and a TON of others can lick my fucking nutsack.

ps. Billy Koch can go straight to teh hell too.

barangatang
10-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Armando Benitez
You have no idea what its like having him play for your team. It seems as though he's never actually had a truely successful outing and every time you think he's doing good he'll get cocky and give a up a walk off. In my opinion he was the one of the main reason the Giants didn't make the playoffs this year. It's crazy how a player who plays for about 10% of the game and has such a small responsibility can suck so much. I agree with you on how most of them are just hard throwers who sucked too much to be starters.

JohnnyNemesis
10-23-2006, 08:59 PM
I've never had him on my team, but he did play across the city for the Mets...and ohhh man, I got some secondhand rage from that!

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Those silly Tigers, losing on purpose just to win a suspenseful game seven at home.

We're fucked.

--
In reality, the only way I'll really be mad is if we win this next game, but lose game six. I either want to make it to game seven or let the Cardinals win it in their home town.

JohnnyNemesis
10-27-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm gonna be FURIOUS if the fucking 83-79 Cardinals win the World Series with the most pathetic regular season record for a team to ever make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

I like the Cards every year except this one, where they don't even fucking deserve to jdfgjghdhrdiafohgo;gh FUCKING HELL.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm gonna be FURIOUS if the fucking 83-79 Cardinals win the World Series with the most pathetic regular season record for a team to ever make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

I like the Cards every year except this one, where they don't even fucking deserve to jdfgjghdhrdiafohgo;gh FUCKING HELL.

Well if it wasn't for the Tigers' first half of the season success and the fact the Red Sox and White Sox fell apart, we may not have made it in the playoffs. After all, we won the wild-card. Still, I want the Tigers to win it all.
--
Which gets me thinking, what if Detroit won that last game of the season, winning the division? What if Monroe stood back just a few more inches last game? What if Kenny Rogers didn't cheat?

Original prankstA
10-27-2006, 01:52 PM
What if Monroe stood back just a few more inches last game?

it's not so much he wasn't back enough, he didn't get the best jump on the ball, it would've helped but it was catchable either way, but man that would've been a hell of a catch,

and also granderson fell that's a run or two right there

and i no longer have a single grain of respect for fernando rodney

Original prankstA
10-27-2006, 01:55 PM

i agree with everything you said, normally the cards are one of my favorite teams, but yeah they did terrible this year and don't deserve it. as for the tigers i think they jumped into the whole thing too quickly. i mean making the playoffs was enough for me, even though they a great team im not sure they're ready to win the whole thing. even though it would be nice

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-27-2006, 03:20 PM
it's not so much he wasn't back enough, he didn't get the best jump on the ball, it would've helped but it was catchable either way, but man that would've been a hell of a catch,

Yeah, it was more-so the jump, but like you said, it would have helped. It would have either been the top highlight on SportsCenter or the most talked about thing in Detroit. Sadly, everyone around was bringing up how Monroe couldn't get the ball in his glove.

and also granderson fell that's a run or two right there

This wasn't exactly his fault. It did rain the previous night so it could have been wet, and short grass is easy to slip on. If he didn't slip up, or even slip up that bad, he could have easily made the play.

and i no longer have a single grain of respect for fernando rodney

I never really liked him. He scared just as much as Todd Jones. However, he has been doing pretty good this postseason. He's actually a pretty good pitcher. And yet again, yesterday's performance with that error was the only thing in the game the Tigers could have prevented.

Original prankstA
10-27-2006, 06:42 PM
This wasn't exactly his fault. It did rain the previous night so it could have been wet, and short grass is easy to slip on. If he didn't slip up, or even slip up that bad, he could have easily made the play.

I never really liked him. He scared just as much as Todd Jones. However, he has been doing pretty good this postseason. He's actually a pretty good pitcher. And yet again, yesterday's performance with that error was the only thing in the game the Tigers could have prevented.

Yeah, I don't blame Granderson, and I never really like Rodney either, I mean he's a good pitcher but he can't even throw a ball to first without making a national fool of himself, if you can throw a ball acurately at 100 miles per hour, a 10 mile an hour lob to first should be like walking, it's nature.

on a totally different subject
oh boy for Casey!

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-27-2006, 06:46 PM
on a totally different subject
oh boy for Casey!

I change my signature after every game, and it looks like I won't need to change it after this one.
--
I'm superstitious about these Tigers and as soon as I got on this site, Casey hit his home run. Now I don't want to move, except now the Cardinals are rallying.

AND NOW ANOTHER EFFING ERROR AS I TYPE!!

Original prankstA
10-27-2006, 06:51 PM
yeah, all these errors is what is making me think they aren't ready as a team for the world series, they're to jumpy and i hate to say it but i don't think they'll win,

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-27-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm.... I'm crying.

JohnnyNemesis
10-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Fucking sonofthebitches.

All About Eve
10-28-2006, 09:52 AM
lolololz go Braves!

Lars
10-28-2006, 03:13 PM
lolz.

I fell asleep after the second inning and woke up again during the 8th and then fell asleep again. Was disappointed to wake up and see the Cards did win.

JohnnyNemesis
11-30-2006, 12:17 AM
Albert Pujols has always been one of my favorite players; amazing skills, from my country (well, my parent's country, anyway), always SEEMED professional. But all his bullshit lately has been chipping away at my respect lately.

First, after the Tom Glavine and the Mets beat his ass in one of the NLCS games, he comes out the next day totally shitting on the Hall of Famer and saying that he wasn't impressed with Glavine's stuff in the victory. That was bullshit, but whatever.

NOW, he's complaining that Ryan Howard won the MVP over him! Granted, both players deserved it, but in a year where you win the NLCS MVP AND the fucking WORLD SERIES, it's ridiculous to bitch about something like that. Pujols said that MVPs should only be from winning teams...overlooking the fact that the Phillies (Ryan Howard's team) WON MORE GAMES THAN THE CARDINALS DID IN 2006.

Ugh.

Not Ozymandias
11-30-2006, 03:42 AM
Good call. If this was pro wrestling, Pujols would've slowly turned evil over the last couple months.

Oh well, I guess they're all douches once you get to know them.