PDA

View Full Version : Best Pearl Jam album?

JohnnyNemesis
08-19-2005, 10:31 AM
What is your favorite Pearl Jam album?

I say Vs., Vitalogy, and Yield are the best by far. WMA, Spin The Black Circle, No Way, Not For You, Satan's Bed, Go, Low Light, MFC...bah, so many amazing tracks on those three records. To pick one though, I'd go with Vs.

My brother thinks No Code, Yield, and Ten are the best.

Anyway, I hope we have some PJ lovers here. I only included studio records, no live albums.

Conspiracy of One
08-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Vitalogy is awesome. Vs. Is my second favorite.

wheelchairman
08-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Ten. It is a modern classic. Not all the songs are good. But the ones that are, just blow the rest of their stuff away. Besides I grew up on the music of this album.

nieh
08-21-2005, 07:31 AM
I picked Riot Act. I didn't like it much when I first heard it but it grew on me. Yield would be second, Lost Dogs and No Code would be about tied for third (they're both a bit inconsistent but I love their good tracks), then Vitalogy, then Ten, Vs and Binaural would be tied for last.

pretty fly 88
08-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Is Ten his debut album? I thought his debut album was a self-titled album, but whenever I hear the song "Jeremy" on Radio@AOL, it says that the name of the album is "Ten." Anyway, that's what I voted for, because that's the only album I have. I like Pearl Jam, but overall I think they're kinda overrated.

pretty fly 88
08-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Whops, when I said "his," I meant "their." I just posted a Bon Jovi thread, that's why I was thinking "his."

platinumpt
08-22-2005, 05:05 AM
My first Pearl Jam ever album that got me into them was Binaural. So I voted for it!

EDIT: even though I already knew lots of their other songs from the radio...

platinumpt
08-22-2005, 05:06 AM
Whops, when I said "his," I meant "their." I just posted a Bon Jovi thread, that's why I was thinking "his."
You can always edit your post!

Aimeht
08-22-2005, 05:07 AM
Ten is my fave album.

PsychoticAndInsomniac
08-22-2005, 06:05 AM
Riot act. Just as nieh, I didn't like it when I just bought it, but then I listened to it again and again and changed my opinion. 1/2 full, Ghost and Love Boat Captain are really great.

JohnnyNemesis
08-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Ten is the debut.

Binaural is the only album I don't have, and I've never heard it. I just didn't get around to buying it when it was new, so I still don't have it.

The only track on Riot Act that I liked was "Save You".

Flexing Wings
08-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Ten for me, but then I'm not what I would consider properly acquainted with the other albums.

JohnnyNemesis
08-23-2005, 04:08 PM
I heard Yield again today,and I remembered that it's way way way better than all of the others. Low Light makes me wanna cry.

MFC, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Brain of J, No Way....bah, such an amazing CD! EVERYONE get it.

pretty fly 88
08-25-2005, 09:41 PM
You can always edit your post!
I know. But sometimes I don't feel like editing my posts. It's just sometimes easier this way.

nieh
08-26-2005, 05:52 AM
Ten is the debut.

Binaural is the only album I don't have, and I've never heard it. I just didn't get around to buying it when it was new, so I still don't have it.

The only track on Riot Act that I liked was "Save You".

Binaural's not that great. Some of the songs are pretty well written but the production is so horrendous that you'll never notice. Also, you should give Riot Act a few more listens. I'll be damned if Love Boat Captain isn't one of their best songs ever.

Mr. Punk Pirate
05-01-2013, 06:36 AM
Ten, with Vs. as my second favorite.

RageAndLov
05-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Shit, you bumped an 8 year old thread.

cool 2 hate 681
05-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Ten, with Vs. as my second favorite.

FYI you should make a new thread if it's 8 years old

Also Ten is their best album

Mr. Punk Pirate
05-01-2013, 02:26 PM
FYI you should make a new thread if it's 8 years old

Also Ten is their best album
I actually made a thread about the new album that Pearl Jam is releasing this year or next year.

http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?49464-New-Pearl-Jam-album