PDA

View Full Version : worst hangover ever

ashtray_girl_1
08-19-2005, 04:41 PM
i'm not sure if there was already a thread about this, but if there was pleas don't curse me!
what does somebody(probably higgins) say at the beginning of the worst hangover ever?! :confused:

AN OFFSPRING
08-19-2005, 05:23 PM
its something like...something seen by the fire underneath gonna something on life gonna bring you to your knees...is any1 else here australian?

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
08-19-2005, 05:34 PM
i think it's

Ballroom scene, But the fire underneath, Gonna eat you alive, Gonna bring you to your knee's

But i'm not 100% on the "But the fire underneath" part.

I know the second two parts are right. :)

AN OFFSPRING
08-19-2005, 05:35 PM
yeah its ballroom scene, but the fire underneath, gonna eat you alive, gonna bring you to your knees

Sinister
08-19-2005, 06:14 PM
it IS what you said. but does that even make SENSE ?

nameless
08-19-2005, 06:46 PM
bar room scene but the fire underneath gonna eat you aive gonna bring you to your knees!

dalaksta
08-19-2005, 08:10 PM
yo splinter by my own design ur right thats how it goes

Sam
08-20-2005, 04:38 PM
yeah its ballroom scene, but the fire underneath, gonna eat you alive, gonna bring you to your knees

yeah I think it's ballroom scene but the fire underneath gonna eat u alive, gonna bring to your knees :D

sXe_AlternativeLife
08-22-2005, 02:36 PM
The things we make threads on.... :confused:

hughesyboy
08-23-2005, 01:13 AM
i think it's

Ballroom scene, But the fire underneath, Gonna eat you alive, Gonna bring you to your knee's

But i'm not 100% on the "But the fire underneath" part.

I know the second two parts are right. :)

What does "ballroom scene" mean?
Bar room scene makes more sense...like that other dude said ^

platinumpt
08-23-2005, 02:57 AM
What does "ballroom scene" mean?
Bar room scene makes more sense...like that other dude said ^
Yeah, that's what I think now. The first times I heard the song, it looked like ballroom scene, but bar room scene makes, undoubtfully, much more sense! It's a poethic phrase... "fire underneath"? WTF does that mean? Is it "the alcohol inside you" or something?

ashtray_girl_1
08-23-2005, 05:07 AM
it might be "bar room scene"...?
what's the deal with that fuckin "fire underneath"..can't see the point :(

IdiotOfTheDay
08-23-2005, 05:24 AM
The things we make threads on.... :confused:
I know, does it really matter? You can pretty much figure it out yourself whether it makes sense or not.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
08-23-2005, 06:19 AM
Fire underneath...no idea, but i'll take a stab in the dark

Maybe it's something to do with cocktails... and lighting them on fire...

:eek: you know what...i have no idea why he says it, lol

ashtray_girl_1
08-23-2005, 09:54 AM
lol noone does lol :D
not even dex lol :D

paulrose
08-23-2005, 02:39 PM
he said, ballroom scene, with the fire underneath, gona eat you up alive, gonna bring it to your knee's

alextittycomb
08-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Yeah, that's what I think now. The first times I heard the song, it looked like ballroom scene, but bar room scene makes, undoubtfully, much more sense!

Do you actually understand that there is no such thing as a bar room (I guess a room with a bar in it is a bar room but SHUT UP!!) anyway a ballroom is a properly used word, a room in which a ball is held (ball being a dance/party/ho-down/hoop-nanny whatever) I think they sell drinks in ballrooms right? so ballroom actually makes perfect sense :p

leavesonline
08-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Ball room scene but the fire's underneath

Could translate into looks okay on top but it's all gone to shit below...

Or I could be wrong...

platinumpt
08-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Do you actually understand that there is no such thing as a bar room (I guess a room with a bar in it is a bar room but SHUT UP!!) anyway a ballroom is a properly used word, a room in which a ball is held (ball being a dance/party/ho-down/hoop-nanny whatever) I think they sell drinks in ballrooms right? so ballroom actually makes perfect sense :p
Ah well, I'm not discussing semantics in other language different than my native language :p

Offspring-Fanatic
08-23-2005, 07:37 PM
goddam it get the band to post here and tell us what the fuck it says!

Sinister
08-23-2005, 08:03 PM
goddam it get the band to post here and tell us what the fuck it says!
*hollers* DEXTER ?

where the hell is he when we need him ?

bd007h
08-23-2005, 08:52 PM
i'm not sure if there was already a thread about this, but if there was pleas don't curse me!
what does somebody(probably higgins) say at the beginning of the worst hangover ever?! :confused:

I'm pretty sure it's Dexter that says it.

IdiotOfTheDay
08-25-2005, 03:00 PM
So I guess you pretty much want to kill the Dropkick Murphys for their song "Bar Room Hero."

~*hit_that*~
08-25-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Dexter that says it.

Thats what I thought :confused:

brothadave79
08-25-2005, 05:46 PM
"fire underneath"? WTF does that mean? Is it "the alcohol inside you" or something?

Bingo. I'm pretty sure that's what the "fire underneath" is. Alcohol with a good kick, and it's a sort of stereotype in America that Native Americans call alcohol "fire water" so I think it kind of makes sense.