PDA

View Full Version : I just got back from England last week

calichix
08-20-2005, 12:39 AM
What's up with the amount of pregnant chicks and babies? Like everyone is pregnant. Also, beaches in England have a lot of rocks. Here are some cultural observations:

fat chicks/ugly chicks in england are really mean
british men are really good with kids
teenagers there wear shirts advertising places in california that don't exist like "malibu surf academy"
english food is way salty
english people are more tan than californians.
they don't have mustard or root beer- what's up with that?
fosters is always on tap in the pubs. gross.
old people in england are always excited to chat
when an english person is hot, they're knock your socks off hot. when they're ugly, they're excruciating.
asda and tesco are the greatest things that ever existed.

the_GoDdEsS
08-20-2005, 12:43 AM
Haha, some of those made me laugh.

And they're faggotted.

Sin Studly
08-20-2005, 12:45 AM
And can't spell.

Seriously, what is up with the British love affair for Fosters and shitty Australian soap operas? It's like we could import our crap overseas and they'd eat it up and call it chocolate.

Tizzalicious
08-20-2005, 01:07 AM
They aren't pregnant, they just look pregnant. A lot of English girl have a fat belly and non-fat legs. I came to this conclusion a while ago, and found a ot of people who agree with me. Then of course they want fitting jeans, so they are too tight around their waist, and everything bulges out, which is not the nicest sight.

RXP
08-20-2005, 01:14 AM
It dpends where you go. If you're in poorer areas there's lots of preggers and young mums.

And yah lots of girls are fat but wanna ear tight clothes. They are fucking stupid. It's cause they live off McDonalds.

Sin Studly
08-20-2005, 01:18 AM
It's cause of all this bullshit self-affirming "big is still beautiful" crap you see on TV. People need to learn that sometimes "low self esteem" isn't a problem, it's just common sense.

RXP
08-20-2005, 01:29 AM
The worst is fat chicks wearing thongs.

the_GoDdEsS
08-20-2005, 01:36 AM
The worst is fat chicks wearing thongs.

Hahaha. I can't even imagine that. We have a huge deficit on fat chicks.

RXP
08-20-2005, 01:39 AM
Well really skinny ass girls showing off their arms is ugly, I'm an equal opportunity slater. The ones that have their wrists the same size as their forearms and their upperarms just a tiny bit bigger than their wrist. ew. But it's still not as bad as a fat girl in a tank top and thong.

Interesting that Slovakia doesn't have fat chicks. It's gotta be in the genes somewhere. Hmmmmm.

Edit: http://www.whale-tail.com/20040827/013.jpg

Tizzalicious
08-20-2005, 01:42 AM
Sim, that's because of this: (and this is also to show the thong)

http://qwildw.free.fr/junk-mail/euro_vs_america.jpg

the_GoDdEsS
08-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Yeah, we have only very few fat/obese people for some reason.

Hahaha, Tizz! That was cute.

RXP
08-20-2005, 01:49 AM
I had to sit my exam behind a fat chick showing her thong off :-(

Vera
08-20-2005, 02:49 AM
Slavic countries have so little fat people from what I've seen. Estonia literally has no fat people at all, unless they're Finnish.

I think there's something in their genes, or just physical education at schools. Probably both.

How long were you in England, Laura?

dalaksta
08-20-2005, 04:17 AM
dude i have been to england it wasnt that great

The_Hombre
08-21-2005, 06:29 PM
What's up with the amount of pregnant chicks and babies? Like everyone is pregnant. Also, beaches in England have a lot of rocks. Here are some cultural observations:

fat chicks/ugly chicks in england are really mean
british men are really good with kids
teenagers there wear shirts advertising places in california that don't exist like "malibu surf academy"
english food is way salty
english people are more tan than californians.
they don't have mustard or root beer- what's up with that?
fosters is always on tap in the pubs. gross.
old people in england are always excited to chat
when an english person is hot, they're knock your socks off hot. when they're ugly, they're excruciating.
asda and tesco are the greatest things that ever existed.

I love stereotypes, they're great.

Just to pick up on one thing you said in your post, the only reason English (or British, for that matter) people are so "tanned" is because they spend so long on the fucking sunbeds and spend so much fucking money on fake sun tan, and they end up with what is quite obviously a very fake tan. If it were normal tan and you met someone at a party you would ask them "Oh, just been on your hols? Where did you go?"

Instead it's more like "Yeh, you're all blotchy, fuck off."

Sorry, I just hate fake tan.

Also (compared to the places in California i visited - indeed, most of the destinations I have visited around the world), some places in England do have a lot of pregnant women. Alarmingly young, single, pregnant women. There are many reasons for this, the main one being, in most cases the man is not a man at all, more a boy, the same age as the mother (16, 17 years old), and he just fucks off because he can't handle a kid at his age.

It totally depends on where you went and which areas of the cities you visited you went to.

Not Ozymandias
08-21-2005, 07:48 PM
You were missed.

Vera
08-22-2005, 06:23 AM
And Not Ozymandias obviously means calichix, not Ste.

Tizzalicious
08-22-2005, 06:24 AM
I thought he was talking about Ste and was being sarcastic. That would work too. But I suppose your way of thinking makes more sense.

The_Hombre
08-22-2005, 06:34 AM
Please, if you are going to talk about me, don't pollute someone else's thread. It really isn't fair on them.

Vera
08-22-2005, 06:38 AM
Does the word "leave" have a different meaning over there in England, because I'm pretty sure you said you were going to leave the BBS.

Please tell me. I will have my finals in English this fall and would hate to have been wrong about this all along and then mess up my finals because of it.

Tizzalicious
08-22-2005, 06:43 AM
Please, if you are going to talk about me, don't pollute someone else's thread. It really isn't fair on them.

Please, if you're gonna post, don't do it on this board. It really isn't fair on us.

Sin Studly
08-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Please, if you're gonna post, don't do it on this board. It really isn't fair on us.

I had my own witty hurtful comment, but it wasn't as good as this one. So I'll just concur with Tizz.

nameless
08-22-2005, 02:22 PM
its always interesting hearing an "outsiders view", anyone else got any stories about england?!

calichix
09-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Vera- 3 weeks. I've missed you, my love.

Dude, I never see fat chicks here. It's kind of like, where there's one there's a million. If I were a fat broad I wouldn't want to be The Fat Chick. I'd move to Philadelphia.

Just a Girl
09-04-2005, 07:30 AM
hmm. we don't have root beer but we definitely have mustard. both the mild squidgy kind and the proper kind. both are horrible though.

and tesco is great!

~*hit_that*~
09-04-2005, 08:32 AM
hmm. we don't have root beer but we definitely have mustard. both the mild squidgy kind and the proper kind. both are horrible though.

and tesco is great!

Yes, we do have mustard, and yes it's fucking gross!!

Erm....really hate supermarkets, so can't agree there. Yes England (as a country) kinda sucks, especially where I'm from. It's dull, boring and polluted but erm....our people can be great!!, but then again they can suck too! But I can't wait to leave. I'm either going to live in America or in Malta :) as soon as I can.

Thucydides
09-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Yes England (as a country) kinda sucks, especially where I'm from. It's dull, boring and polluted

Birmingham's a hell-hole.

Socially Rejected
09-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Yes, we do have mustard, and yes it's fucking gross!!

Erm....really hate supermarkets, so can't agree there. Yes England (as a country) kinda sucks, especially where I'm from. It's dull, boring and polluted but erm....our people can be great!!, but then again they can suck too! But I can't wait to leave. I'm either going to live in America or in Malta :) as soon as I can.

I plan on going to America to live aswell, just as soon as I get enough money. From what I've heard its really hard to emigrate there but I'm going to try my God damn hardest. :)

~*hit_that*~
09-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Birmingham's a hell-hole.

That's so very true. Where are you from?

~*hit_that*~
09-04-2005, 08:38 AM
I plan on going to America to live aswell, just as soon as I get enough money. From what I've heard its really hard to emigrate there but I'm going to try my God damn hardest. :)

I may go and live in Malta, it's closer to home too, and I won't feel homesick cos I have family there, so that'll be good for me :)

Anyone ever been there?

Thucydides
09-04-2005, 08:45 AM
^ yup, Malta was pretty nice but nothing special. You'd need to learn their language though.

That's so very true. Where are you from?

The cesspit which is pretty fucking close to that hell-hole; 9th largest city in England, two cathedrals, famous for cars and triumph motorcycles at one time.

Just a Girl
09-04-2005, 02:57 PM
i appear to be the only person who likes living in england.

and how the hell can you dislike supermarkets? they sell so many great things. cheaply.

~*hit_that*~
09-04-2005, 03:06 PM
^ yup, Malta was pretty nice but nothing special. You'd need to learn their language though.

Not necessarily!! 95% of them speak English anyway! I'd probably learn it though, eventually.

~*hit_that*~
09-04-2005, 03:08 PM

and how the hell can you dislike supermarkets? they sell so many great things. cheaply.

They're irriating because there's always too many people there, it's just mad. And when people are there they just rush and have no sense that other people are there too, and leave their trollies in the most inappropriate places! I swear it must have been 5 or 6 people within the space of a minute smack me in the arm with their trolly the other day. Not good considerin I was in enough pain to begin with! LOL

Thucydides
09-04-2005, 03:50 PM

I like living in England! I just don't like what she's becoming or the area in which I live.

Chris
09-04-2005, 07:50 PM

i'll join you there, quite content living on the coast between cities here

supermarkets though......fine for shopping cheaply, just don't think about working there :rolleyes:

TheUnholyNightbringer
09-04-2005, 07:58 PM
I like living in England! I just don't like what she's becoming or the area in which I live.

It took me a long time to figure out that "she" meant "England".

Dude, describing your country in the feminine is gay.