PDA

View Full Version : What do you know about Bon Jovi?

pretty fly 88
08-21-2005, 09:36 PM
I have this guy's greatest hits CD, and I think it's awesome! Well, I don't know if there are any serious omissions, but I love the songs that are on it. This guy is so underrated, in my area. There's one guy in my school's jazz band who's a die-hard fan, but everybody else hates Bon Jovi. And he just doesn't get enough radio play in my area. I hear some of his songs every once in a blue moon, but I've never heard any post-1988 Bon Jovi songs on the radio. And there's still a lot that confuses me about him. Is his now album any good? Are any of his post-1994 albums any good? Is Bon Jovi the singer's name or just the name of the band? What does "Bon Jovi" mean? Do you like Bon Jovi? I hope there are some Bon Jovi lovers on this forum who can answer these questions.

nieh
08-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Bon Jovi is from New Jersey, meaning I'm supposed to like him. I've never heard a song of his that actively bothers me but I've also never heard any that I actively care about.

Rag Doll
08-21-2005, 09:57 PM
totally agree with nieh. i'm pretty indifferent to bon jovi, despite being a jersey girl.

bd007h
08-21-2005, 10:42 PM
You should get the album Crush, It's pretty good, especially the song It's My Life.

pretty fly 88
08-21-2005, 10:58 PM
You should get the album Crush, It's pretty good, especially the song It's My Life.
Hmm. It's My Life. I might've heard that song before. I think it is post-1994.
That's good.

Rag Doll
08-21-2005, 11:02 PM
It's My Life came out like...after 2000, i believe.

bd007h
08-21-2005, 11:06 PM
It's My Life came out like...after 2000, i believe.

yeah. I think it came out in 2000

platinumpt
08-22-2005, 06:04 AM
After 1994 they released a few albums: THESE DAYS, somehow near 1996, I'm not sure; CRUSH, in 2000 I think (I have this, it's a great album, in their style); and BOUNCE, maybe in 2002/2003, I'm not sure. My sister has that one, I only know the singles, and I like them. I have the GH of Bon Jovi too, like you do, pretty fly, and I love it. They're good, IMO, and one of my favorite bands. Oh, they've also released an album with live songs, called "One Wild Night", I think... but search on google for more details! But, if you like them, I definitely advise you to get Crush. The song "Say it isn't so" is great too. But the whole Cd is fantastic.

Aimeht
08-22-2005, 06:08 AM
Uhm... Nothing.

platinumpt
08-22-2005, 06:12 AM
Uhm... Nothing.
Well, it's an important band (or at least was) in the music scenario. The best of is cool, as some of their old stuff!

Oh, a little off topic now: in your avatar you look a bit like Sandra Nasic from Guano Apes. Do you know her? They're a german band.

Aimeht
08-22-2005, 06:15 AM
Well, it's an important band (or at least was) in the music scenario. The best of is cool, as some of their old stuff!

Oh, a little off topic now: in your avatar you look a bit like Sandra Nasic from Guano Apes. Do you know her? They're a german band.

Maybe I'll get that album sometime then.

No, have no idea who she is.

platinumpt
08-22-2005, 06:18 AM
No, have no idea who she is.
OK, no problem. If you want to give it a try, download a few songs from them "Big in Japan", "Rain", "Lords of the boards". Those are good songs. Trust me :o

Mannen som blev en gris
08-22-2005, 06:23 AM
Uh... "What do I know about Bon Jovi?" Well, the singer's got very white teeth. And about the name.... It's like Dio, I think - it's the last name of the singer.

pretty fly 88
08-25-2005, 10:38 PM
After 1994 they released a few albums: THESE DAYS, somehow near 1996, I'm not sure; CRUSH, in 2000 I think (I have this, it's a great album, in their style); and BOUNCE, maybe in 2002/2003, I'm not sure. My sister has that one, I only know the singles, and I like them. I have the GH of Bon Jovi too, like you do, pretty fly, and I love it. They're good, IMO, and one of my favorite bands. Oh, they've also released an album with live songs, called "One Wild Night", I think... but search on google for more details! But, if you like them, I definitely advise you to get Crush. The song "Say it isn't so" is great too. But the whole Cd is fantastic.
Say It Ain't So? Is that a Weezer cover? This may sound like a stupid question, but I always get interested when I see duplicated song titles, even though it's probably just a coincidence.

platinumpt
08-26-2005, 01:57 AM
Say It Ain't So? Is that a Weezer cover? This may sound like a stupid question, but I always get interested when I see duplicated song titles, even though it's probably just a coincidence.
No it isn't a stupid question! Honestly, I have no idea. But the song is called "Say It Isn't So", not "Say It Ain't So"... I don't think it's a weezer cover, mostly because of the lyrics, they're not weezer kind of style lol
"I hate Disneyland" "I just can't believe it was all a lie; no man in the moon just a big light in the sky"