PDA

View Full Version : Spyware

pretty fly 88
08-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Have you guys been having trouble with Spyware? I have a lot of it on my computer. My computers been running extremely slowly, it often kicks me off the Internet unexpectedly, it freezes a lot, and I have a lot of popup ads. And I've been running a lot of anti-Spyware programs, and I supposedly have been cleaning the Spyware offf my computer, but either it just magically comes back, or just doesn't go away. Have you guys been having this problem?

kickass0987654321
08-21-2005, 09:59 PM
My spyware is supposedly really good but every time I go on the computer, the website for it pops up in my screen and I have to wait another 5 minutes to go on the internet. It is so damn annoying and even when you press do not show this message again, it shows that message over and over and over again.

Jebus
08-21-2005, 10:01 PM
In some extreme cases of spyware invasions, reformating your hardrive seems to be the only solution even after trying a bunch for spyware programs.

nieh
08-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Download 3 different spyware programs, reboot your computer in safe mode, then run all three of them. Reboot your computer in regular mode and run them again just in case, though everything should be cleared out.

pretty fly 88
08-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Download 3 different spyware programs, reboot your computer in safe mode, then run all three of them. Reboot your computer in regular mode and run them again just in case, though everything should be cleared out.
I can't boot my computer in safe mode. Heck ,I can't boot my computer in any mode. It just says that my computer has an error that is due to some new software or hardware, but I haven't installed any new software or hardware on my computer recently. I'm posting this from my dad's computer. What do I do now?

Jebus
08-21-2005, 10:21 PM
That didn't work for me with my old computer. :mad:

nieh
08-21-2005, 10:35 PM
So you can't even get into windows?

pretty fly 88
08-21-2005, 10:36 PM
So you can't even get into windows?
That's right.

Endymion
08-22-2005, 12:26 AM
solution to spyware: mac or linux.

sKratch
08-22-2005, 12:39 AM
lolz@mac...

Tizzalicious
08-22-2005, 12:44 AM
I have the same problem lately. I never had any, but I suddenly got loads. And adaware won't fix it. Not fair.

notoriousdoc
08-22-2005, 03:25 AM
I have the same problem lately. I never had any, but I suddenly got loads. And adaware won't fix it. Not fair.
Get Avast! It works a dream: http://www.avast.com/eng/update_avast_4_vps.html