PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Offspring should go back and make videos for their old songs?

Lithuanian Offspring
11-19-2004, 11:05 AM
I think It would be totally awesome if they went bakc and did some new videos for old songs. Bad Habit would be a good one, Tehran or Baghdad would be cool timing. Kick 'Em When He's Down. Most of the songs on Ignition would rock as videos. And if they should them on TV I think their punk style would comeback. :D

Piedude
11-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Id always wanted a pay the man video, but it aint gunna happen unless they decide to fund more videos themselves

Lithuanian Offspring
11-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Well, it never hurts to dream! They might do a Dirty Magic video. Cause it's on the Greatest Hits.

Anya82
11-19-2004, 11:18 AM
I want a video for Not the one... it has deep lyrics......

It would be cool if they could do that... go back..
but i think that each album has an idea, a concept, and so the videos. And, what The Offspring is thinking and/or living right now, it's not the same they were thinking back then. Maybe they think alike, but not the same, you know? If they do a video for an Ignition, Smash, or The Offspring (album, not the band) song, perhaps it wouldn't have the same "strenght" it could have if they had shot it back then... I don't know if I'm making clear my point..... :confused:

and yes... I do love they old punk style... and I like the fact that they're gettin' it back with the Splinter album (well, that's what I think), because I noticed a change with "Americana".. a little bit more...... "commercial", and "light". (ok.. I think I changed the subject... hehehehe) :o

Special Delivery BR.
11-19-2004, 12:39 PM
well. they should... why not?? =)

Toxic Speed Bump
11-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Yeah, a Dirty Magic video would be great. Its my favourite song on Ignition.

acgc2002
11-19-2004, 12:57 PM
if they could go back it would rock a lot... ;)
Also, I like Dirty Magic pretty much... not bad the ideas posted in this thread.

Titus
11-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Yeah, a Dirty Magic video would be great. Its my favourite song on Ignition.

Yeee, u r right

Gabriel
11-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Gabriel:
Uncle Dexter, unle Dexter! Gemme video to "Forever and a day"

Dexter: I'm to bussy kid, why can't you make it on your own??

Gabriel: Me??? Make Offspring's video??? But how, uncle tell me?

Dexter: Well, I dunno, you can mix some videos from gigs, or from films or mangas or something. Just use some imagination and I'm sure you'll make a great video :cool:

Gabriel: Master...
:D

Satankaban
11-20-2004, 02:31 AM
Well, it never hurts to dream! They might do a Dirty Magic video. Cause it's on the Greatest Hits.

Yes, you are right!!! I also want Dirty Magic video. They should to do it!!! I think that many people on this world would get mad from this song if it had a video.

Piedude
11-20-2004, 03:33 AM
Hows about an "I choose" video that stations wouldnt be worried about showing nowadays :rolleyes:

code_blue
11-20-2004, 03:58 PM
i personally think that they should focus on making the new videos that they'll come out with in the future look decent before they worry about videos for their old songs that they don't even play live. ie, so that the video doesn't look like 'hit that.'

Funky-Munky
11-21-2004, 04:29 PM
i choose already has a video. jus so u know

Anya82
11-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Gabriel:
Uncle Dexter, unle Dexter! Gemme video to "Forever and a day"

Dexter: I'm to bussy kid, why can't you make it on your own??

Gabriel: Me??? Make Offspring's video??? But how, uncle tell me?

Dexter: Well, I dunno, you can mix some videos from gigs, or from films or mangas or something. Just use some imagination and I'm sure you'll make a great video :cool:

Gabriel: Master...
:D

You know, that's not a bad idea... i mean, we should make a contest and make our own offspring music videos... but for songs that don't have a video.... that would be cool....