PDA

View Full Version : funny curious things about the offspring

Tisiacs
11-19-2004, 11:16 AM
I don't know if some of them are true, but i'm going to post it anyway...

Noodles is adopted and his brother is the guitarrist of the Rancid, Lars Frederiksen

Ron's mom makes Dexter sign some papers to Ron make the first tour, 'cuz he was only 16 yr old.

In the beginning of "Session" Ron yells "Fuck,fuck,fuck,fuck..."

At High School, Greg falled in love...his teacher

Dexter is the owner of Nitro Records

Vultures was composed in 1992

Kristine Luna composed "Session"

Kristine it's not the mother of Alexa, actually Alexa's mother was an old girlfriend of Dexter and died in a car accident, "Gone Away" it's about her.

Check it out who are the girls from the "I Choose" musicvideo:
http://dexterlima.v10.com.br/Ichoose.jpg

Dexter,Greg, and Jim Benton(ex-drummer of maniac subsidal), at Pacifica High School:
http://dexterlima.v10.com.br/maniac_pagina.jpg

Lady Tygress
11-19-2004, 11:22 AM

It sweet when people are fall in love.

Anya82
11-19-2004, 11:30 AM
I always wanted to know how did "gone away" was born....

RonWelty
11-19-2004, 12:32 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the "gone away" thing is just a theory, or a myth.
itīs really true .... sadly itīs true :(

offspringueuse
11-19-2004, 12:35 PM
yes it's true, but if greg felt in love with his teacher I don't know!!! but unfortunaly the alexa's mother died!

Titus
11-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Dexter don t like to talk about this music

Toxic Speed Bump
11-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Dexter is my half brother.

Gabriel
11-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Vultures was composed in 1992?? I heard that on Ignition could be one extra song called 'Mission from god', but they decided to don't record it- maybe it's modern Vultures :confused:
oh and I heard riff from Pay the man, from gig in 1991 :cool:

bouncingcoles
11-19-2004, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Tisiacs]I don't know if some of them are true, but i'm going to post it anyway...

Noodles is adopted and his brother is the guitarrist of the Rancid, Lars Frederiksen

i laughed about how wrong those were.

Little_Miss_1565
11-19-2004, 04:02 PM

Ron's mom makes Dexter sign some papers to Ron make the first tour, 'cuz he was only 16 yr old.

Kristine it's not the mother of Alexa, actually Alexa's mother was an old girlfriend of Dexter and died in a car accident, "Gone Away" it's about her.

Dexter,Greg, and Jim Benton(ex-drummer of maniac subsidal), at Pacifica High School:

OK, a few things...

I don't think it's true about Noodles and Lars Frederiksen, though sometimes they look a bit alike. The hair.

It was Ron's grandmother, who Ron was living with. I've heard the thing about it being him screaming before "Session" before, but it still sounds like Dexter to me. Maybe it's just me.

"Vultures" may not have been composed in 1992--but it bears a sonic similarity to "Dirty Magic," which was on Ignition and was released in 1992. Or maybe both songs came out of the same time period?

Also credited on "Session" are Dexter, Noodles, and Noodles girlfriend/wife (I forget). Kinky.

I've also heard that Dexter's wife is not Alexa's mother, but I don't remember if it's been confirmed by Dexter himself--if you have an interview with that in it, I'd love to see it. However, I know he has never confirmed publicly who or what "Gone Away" is about, so the theory you suggest is just that--a theory.

The picture link is broken, but the stewardesses in the "I Choose" video are Theo Kogan (formerly the lead singer of the Lunachicks and frequently mistaken as Dexter's wife--she's the hot blonde with all the tattoos), Dexter's actual wife, and uhh...I forget who the third one is without seeing it.

Unnatural Disaster
11-19-2004, 06:52 PM
I've heard that Noodles was adopted..... I don't think Lars is really his brother though....

Frypanattacker
11-19-2004, 10:33 PM
I think that Vultures was written for Ignition, but wasn't released until Conspiracy of One.

joe howell
11-19-2004, 11:16 PM
to me it sounds like noodles screaming FUCK at the beginning of session

Dirty_Sanchez
11-19-2004, 11:24 PM
Ron is screaming,not Noodles.
Yeah Noodles was adopted,and raised as a catholic,but now hell knows is he believer or not.
Also Noodles was stabbed by a nazi skinhead in Germany.

TheHulaChick
11-20-2004, 04:39 AM
It's definitly Ron yelling at the start of session, I heard Dexter himself say so.

lousyskater
11-20-2004, 04:48 AM
i remember reading an interview with noodles and he was asked how he got the nickname noodles and he said he was in a movie when he was really young and was casted as a character named "baby noodles" and the name just stuck. did anyone ever see anything similar in an interview before?
________
WEB SHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Piedude
11-20-2004, 07:50 AM
Just something about the vultures theory, if you listen to Vultures on Huck it, the vocal track is different and of lower quality. A lower quality vocal track might fit in somewhere in Ignition, but i doubt its from then. Living in chaos also has a lot more Dj scratching than the CO1 version as well i think..

nameless
11-20-2004, 01:28 PM
to end the debate, it was ron screaming! ive read an interview with him, also one guy touched on it, vultures is a lot like dirty magic, especially the guitars and drums, bass im not too sure about!

phoenix
11-20-2004, 03:15 PM
who the hell is alexa
dexter does own nitro records....i think......or owns something anyway

code_blue
11-20-2004, 04:18 PM
i remember reading an interview with noodles and he was asked how he got the nickname noodles and he said he was in a movie when he was really young and was casted as a character named "baby noodles" and the name just stuck. did anyone ever see anything similar in an interview before?

umm, no. and if noodles did say this, he was just bullshitting because he's sick of answering the question "how did you get your nickname?"

Little_Miss_1565
11-20-2004, 05:21 PM

Baby Noodles is a baby in John Waters' movie "Pink Flamingoes." Raymond and Connie Marble kidnap female hitchikers, hold them prisoner in their basement, impregnate them, and sell the babies to lesbian couples. The first baby in the movie is, you guessed it, Noodles. IMDB says that one Max Mueller played Noodles---the son of Cookie Mueller, who plays Cookie in the film. But since the movie came out in 1972, that would make whoever played Noodles now 34 years old...and isn't our Noodles just a tiny bit older than that? ;)

phoenix
11-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Dexter's daughter
THANK YOU!!!!!! :)

leo3375
11-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Although Noodles and Lars are friends, they are not brothers in a familial sense at all.

He was living with his grandmother, and because he was a minor, she was responsible for his welfare.

Not 100% sure about this one…

Never heard this one. Until I get a confirmed source, this is simply a rumor.

True. Dexter started the label in his kitchen in 1994.

Although it does bear a resemblance to "Dirty Magic," which itself is reminiscent of Nirvana's "Come As You Are," I'm not too sure about this one.

She co-wrote it with Dexter and a friend.

Kristine is not Alexa's biological mother. The whereabouts of this other woman are unknown. The theory about "Gone Away" is reinforced by this fact. However, since Dexter does not like to talk about the song's true subject and it has never been made public in a reliable media outlet (and since I won't ask Dexter about it), it is nothing more than rumor at this point in time.

In the "I Choose" video, the flight attendants are (from front to back):
Kristine Holland (Dexter's wife)
Andrea Luna-Reece (Kristine's sister)
Theo Kogan (former Lunachicks frontwoman)

B3xl3y
08-25-2005, 03:05 PM
I think that Gone away was written for an ex wife/Girlfriend of Dexter that had died in a car accident, that being Alexa's mum... I read it in one of those 'Up close and personal' interviews they did with Dexter a while back, obviously, some fool in the media could have made it up... All the same, its a cute thing to do *write a song like that about someone* If ya get me.
And for Noodles being the adopted brother of Lars Fredrikson is a bit farfetched, don't you think?

Bex

B3xl3y
08-25-2005, 03:12 PM
My mate met Noodles at a gig in Wembley a couple of years ago, and Noodles told him he got the nickname because he used to 'Noodle' around on his guitar a lot. I think the rest of the band gave him that name.

Nirushika6789
08-25-2005, 03:13 PM
umm, no. and if noodles did say this, he was just bullshitting because he's sick of answering the question "how did you get your nickname?"
if u go to 'band' and journal on the website u will see his entry tell us this...

Tijs
08-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Never heard this one. Until I get a confirmed source, this is simply a rumor.
It's in the 'Making of She's Got Issues', it's probably just a bit joking around though.

dexterisMYman
08-25-2005, 04:24 PM
omg who brought this thread back?

killboybowerhead
08-25-2005, 07:20 PM
I would seriously feel so freaking bad reading all these posts about the whole gone away theory if i was anyone a part of dexters family. I mean its NONE of our buisness at all. We shouldnt post about it. I know id feel very intruded on atleast. So like... stop talking about it all the time.

Smashing
08-26-2005, 12:50 PM
who really cares who shouts 'fuck' in the begining of session.
we all should all just scream in together
Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuuucckk!

dexterisMYman
08-26-2005, 12:51 PM
who really cares who shouts 'fuck' in the begining of session.
we all should all just scream in together
Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuuucckk!
screaming that part and the middle of bad habit is sooooooo fun!

sourskittle
08-26-2005, 01:33 PM
i was reading an offpsring interview and a question on drugs came up. it was either dexter or noodles who said that noodles name used to be needles because he was doing drugs but their label made them change it.

peko
08-26-2005, 03:39 PM
i was reading an offpsring interview and a question on drugs came up. it was either dexter or noodles who said that noodles name used to be needles because he was doing drugs but their label made them change it.

Uhhhh... I don't think so, they must've been joking. I'm pretty sure he got his nickname from noodling on his guitar a lot.

Smashing
08-26-2005, 05:47 PM
screaming that part and the middle of bad habit is sooooooo fun!
so true so true

uvutuy
10-31-2005, 10:35 AM
Yeah Noodles was adopted,and raised as a catholic,but now hell knows is he believer or not.
Also Noodles was stabbed by a nazi skinhead in Germany.
is that last part true?
oh my god

uvutuy
10-31-2005, 10:41 AM

he actually said this,its on the offspring website erm on the journal bit ill post the address
http://offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/journal?journal=127

Amazed
10-31-2005, 10:49 AM

I think Dexter mentioned that Greg had a crush on one of his teachers in high school in the Making of She's got issues.

electric_alexa
10-31-2005, 11:09 AM
Dexter don t like to talk about this music
have u realised, dat on da GH dvd when Dex talks about Gone Away, Noodles looks at him in a sort of upsetting sorta way. Like hed be worried about Dex talking 'bout dis song

endlesst0m
10-31-2005, 05:18 PM
noodles got stabbed by a skinhead??!!

The Knob
10-31-2005, 05:31 PM
[/IMG]

Actually i didnt know this one, but i said to a friend of mine that...

"this song is probably pretty old stuff re-recorded"

because it sounds bit like Dirty magic kind of stuff...

noodlesfan
10-31-2005, 07:42 PM
when you play the fuck part of session backwards and add an echo, it sounds like someone yelling "help" in a desert. :D

Offspring7
10-31-2005, 08:03 PM
have u realised, dat on da GH dvd when Dex talks about Gone Away, Noodles looks at him in a sort of upsetting sorta way. Like hed be worried about Dex talking 'bout dis song

wow...very good observation.

Kitten
10-31-2005, 10:56 PM
I would seriously feel so freaking bad reading all these posts about the whole gone away theory if i was anyone a part of dexters family. I mean its NONE of our buisness at all. We shouldnt post about it. I know id feel very intruded on atleast. So like... stop talking about it all the time.

Exactly. The fact is, no one wants to talk about it, it's a sad song, so let's respect what privacy they still have.

H1T_That
11-01-2005, 08:58 AM
when you play the fuck part of session backwards and add an echo, it sounds like someone yelling "help" in a desert. :D

why do you have the time to find stuff like that out?

bouncingcoles
11-01-2005, 05:04 PM
only like 1 of those is true

Total_immortal
11-01-2005, 08:06 PM
HEY, let's see if anyone has the answer to this question, i was just reading the self titled album's booklet, and in the thanks part i read:
"to the girl that gave her shirt to a bleeding kevin (wendy?)"
Does anyone know the story behind this? Is it about the time he was stabbed by a skinhead someone was talking about?? :confused:

StayInTheHouseCarl
11-01-2005, 11:41 PM
yes it was from when he got stabbed by a skinhead. if i remember correctly, it was at a charity/benefit gig.

noodlesfan
11-05-2005, 09:33 PM
why do you have the time to find stuff like that out?
when i was little i didnt have a mic, so i used the cd player and sound recorder and fucked with songs...try it, its fun

dain84
11-05-2005, 10:14 PM
is that last part true?
oh my god
Noodles is Jewish.

lost_nvrfound
11-06-2005, 09:42 AM
once again i'll bitch about people and their gone away theories...

i'm so sick of it... clearly its something he doesn't like to talk about... now people will say "well he put it in the song so he should explain it" and shit like that that i've been told before for saying this... but does it really fucking matter to you who it is about? you people need to find your own personal connection to the song... it can have so much more meaning to you that way... i cry when i really listen to the song (not just play it as background noise) cause of my own connections to it...

i have a couple poems that are kind of written in that same type mood or theme that are true... i nearly cry every time i recite them to an audience but there are only like 3 people who know who they are about because i don't like talking about it... i only wrote them as a way to get it out of me so that i can move on... know that he did the same and stop trying to get it out of him...

whats important here is that you figure out who that song is about for you... not for someone else...

Snouf
11-06-2005, 11:43 AM
but does it really fucking matter to you who it is about? you people need to find your own personal connection to the song... it can have so much more meaning to you that way... i cry when i really listen to the song (not just play it as background noise) cause of my own connections to it...I agree with this...
If I like lyrics of some song it's because I can imagine it deals with my own life...

IdiotOfTheDay
11-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Not so sure about the desert part, but it DOES sound like someone yelling help--pretty funny.

darko
11-06-2005, 01:17 PM
what is it with people beginning to hear help been yelled in random Offspring songs?

IdiotOfTheDay
11-06-2005, 01:28 PM
what is it with people beginning to hear help been yelled in random Offspring songs?
I still don't really hear the 'help' in Gotta Get Away. It's just a randomly made scream. But the 'helps' when you reverse the 'fucks' of Session are pretty obvious.

Marco
11-13-2005, 12:23 AM
I think it's not funny that dexter's old girlfriend died............................
I wouldn't call that "FUNNY CURIOUS THINGS"

lost_nvrfound
11-13-2005, 07:47 AM
I think it's not funny that dexter's old girlfriend died............................
I wouldn't call that "FUNNY CURIOUS THINGS" tijs & little miss, i guess, shouldn't have unstickied the things not to post about thread or more people would've known that THE REASON BEHIND GONE AWAY IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DISSCUSSED

once those stupid gone away threads had finally stop, someone had to bring it up again! arghh

DexterWannabe
11-13-2005, 08:51 AM

"funny curious things about the offspring" ? funny?

Tisiacs
12-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Noodles is adopted? Christ... didn't have a clue!

man...this topic is really old...

Telekinesis
12-07-2005, 05:38 PM
"funny curious things about the offspring" ? funny?

I think they might have meant funny as in peculiar, like if your eating something and you say "This tastes funny" you don't really mean it'f funny, like ha ha funny it just tastes odd