PDA

View Full Version : It's getting serious...

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Today school started again and so much changed. I'm now collecting points for my graduation.
Besides, my age-group is the first one which gets 'Zentralabitur' (whatever it is in English) which basically means that all schools in Germany write the exact same exams. Teachers and pupils don't know the questions until the day of the exams so this should be really fun! We have to keep in mind EVERYTHING we learn from now on.

And my timetable sucks ass. On Monday I have to stay in school until 4 PM, which means I'll be at home 5 PM, dammit. The rest of the week looks quite alike...

Many of you can still enjoy their holidays. Enjoy them as long as you can...

Sinister
08-22-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm gonna go to school thursday to pick up my time table & have a locker assigned. But it only begins for real next week.

c'mon you can do it, it's just 180-some bad days to go.

Preocupado
08-22-2005, 12:32 PM
If you want to do well in those exams, stop memorizing the content of the classes and busy yourself understanding the essency of the subjects.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Yeah but I still have two years to go...

Sinister
08-22-2005, 12:34 PM
my schedule is like 9-15 1/2 every day + 1 hr music practice once a week

just in case anyone gives a fuck.

JoY
08-22-2005, 12:34 PM
wah wah, I remember those days. stressful.

remember this; if you're doing fine now, you'll do perfectly fine on your exams. really, hardly any extra effort. exams are adjusted to your level of thinking, your age, your level of school.... if you're not behind, or don't feel school is extremely difficult & stuff, you'll do okay on your exams too.

Edit: & I don't want *anyone* to complain about timetables.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Everyone in England sits the same exams - and the teacher's don't know the questions at all (unless they flick through a spare exam paper).

I have school from 8-4 every day.

So no, doesn't seem all that 'serious'. :(

The British school system is different from ours. We actually have school from 8-1.20 or 8-2.15. So it is a change for us.

And the seriousness was because of the new exams, which are new for us Germans as well, Jenn. :)

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 12:37 PM
wah wah, I remember those days. stressful.

remember this; if you're doing fine now, you'll do perfectly fine on your exams. really, hardly any extra effort. exams are adjusted to your level of thinking, your age, your level of school.... if you're not behind, or don't feel school is extremely difficult & stuff, you'll do okay on your exams too.

Edit: & I don't want *anyone* to complain about timetables.

I'm doing fine actually. Plus I have fantastic teachers. I know everybody's telling me not to think about the teachers I get in each subject. But I had luck anyways...

And what's good about it is, that I won't change my teachers anymore, I'll keep them until I graduate, yay.

RXP
School was fucking easy. I laughed my way thru every single year and came out with top grades. Until I got to uni and actually got challenged.

Amazed
I get my timetable tomorrow. But I've got the feeling that it sucks.

EDIT: sorry, JoY :p

killer_queen
08-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Teachers and pupils don't know the questions until the day of the exams so this should be really fun! We have to keep in mind EVERYTHING we learn from now on.
All of our exams are like that. And I have to have a big exam for university next year. And I have to know every kind of question on every subject. And I have study 6 hours a day. And my parents think I'm not taking my lessons serious enough.

JoY
08-22-2005, 12:38 PM
School was fucking easy. I laughed my way thru every single year and came out with top grades. Until I got to uni and actually got challenged.
does your schoolsystem have different levels of education?? I keep wondering if we're the only ones, that have intelligence-adjusted high school education.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 12:44 PM
That's awful. It's what the Japs do(only worse), and I don't see it as beneficial. You already can't tell them apart by looking at them, and now they all have the same knowledge beat into their head. Everyday every school has the same lesson, homework, and test. Like robots.

EDIT: And school till four? Fuck. We get out a one.

Yeah I don't like the idea much as well. We MUST talk about certain topics but the lessons will be individual though.
In Germany are different school forms.

'Gymnasium' is the 'best' one. That's what it is commonly known like. Well the lessons are more intensive I guess and we learn more. This is the school form I go to. In Britain it is the grammar school I think.

The comprehensive schools don't learn as fast as the grammar schools and they are a bit behind.

Those are the only school forms here in Germany where you can get your "Abitur" (general certification for university entrance).

Now we'll all get the same exams, the grade of difficulty will be on a level which the comprehensive schools can manage so it's possibily easier for us people of a grammar school.

RXP
08-22-2005, 12:45 PM
does your schoolsystem have different levels of education?? I keep wondering if we're the only ones, that have intelligence-adjusted high school education.

Yeah we do. I took the higher papers in GCSE and the seperate sciences.

In A2 (18yrs old) there isn't seperate papers I don't think. But most people don't piss about the whole year and do well. I just had the knack of it back in the day. And it was so good to be that good. I wish it was like that again.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 12:47 PM
@killer_queen: I know quite a few people in my age-group that have the same problems...

And EROS, you're such cutiepie! Go pick a flower!

RXP
08-22-2005, 12:48 PM
I have school from 8-4 every day.

Haha wtf. you go to a shitty private school. I went home when I wanted in mine.

Also didn't you do shitty in your exams? What did you get?

JoY
08-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Yeah we do. I took the higher papers in GCSE and the seperate sciences.

In A2 (18yrs old) there isn't seperate papers I don't think. But most people don't piss about the whole year and do well. I just had the knack of it back in the day. And it was so good to be that good. I wish it was like that again.
I don't really mean that.. just an entire different school for different levels & shit. entirely different education.

0r4ng3
08-22-2005, 12:51 PM
I thought that my school started on September 13th, until my friends told me it started on the 8th. Or was it the 6th? Dammit, not again...

My schedule's 8:10 to 2:40. At least it was last year.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 12:51 PM
hahaha what does that mean?

What??? EROS, the SORE machine can't figure that one out??? Ouch... I thought you were smarter.

btw... 'SORE' was a hint. Great how people can mess up your name...

killer_queen
08-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Haha wtf. you go to a shitty private school. I went home when I wanted in mine.
Private schools in here suck. All the stupid rich bastards go private schools.

Carrie
08-22-2005, 12:53 PM
hey....the most important thing is to collect points NOW in year twelve so that you don't have to collect so much in year thirteen. if you have enough its not so difficult when you make your school-leaving examination...apart from that the year twelve is very difficult as the year eleven.in year eleven it was not so hard like now.....because its 2 years only stress....until you can leave the school.....
PS: Sixpence we will manage it!!! ;)

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 12:54 PM
My school is a private school, too. But a cool one. With cool teachers and cool kids.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah Carrie, definitely. Because we have the cool classes. And the other one's don't. HAAA!

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=Sixpence.]What??? EROS...[QUOTE]
I know what thing it can mean, I was asking you for a specifik

HAHAHA! You totally didn't get it.

killer_queen
08-22-2005, 12:58 PM
My school is a private school, too. But a cool one. With cool teachers and cool kids.
Private schools aren't too common here, there are just four in my city. But I've always been proud of my school. They just take 90 sudents every year and you must have an exam for it too. Unluckily not too much cool kids here, most of them are nerds. In fact, I'm kinda nerd too.

Weirddimensions
08-22-2005, 01:02 PM
You should move to the states for school. You'll never work hard again.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Private schools aren't too common here, there are just four in my city. But I've always been proud of my school. They just take 90 sudents every year and you must have an exam for it too. Unluckily not too much cool kids here, most of them are nerds. In fact, I'm kinda nerd too.

Being a nerd is not always a bad thing :)
We have also more public schools here. The nice thing about my school is that the atmosphere is kinda familiar. Nobody acts anonymous or something.
The coolest teacher I know is my Chemistry teacher. I've chosen him to be my tutor as well. His surname is 'Ix'. That makes him cool already.

RXP
08-22-2005, 01:03 PM
I don't really mean that.. just an entire different school for different levels & shit. entirely different education.

Well yeah, there's good schools and bad schools. I went to a good school. We sit the same exams as elsewhere but the education really is entirely a different level. That's why even universities sometimes look at teh school you came from too when they decide on accepting you.

Tired_Of_You
08-22-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm gonna go to school thursday to pick up my time table & have a locker assigned. But it only begins for real next week.

c'mon you can do it, it's just 180-some bad days to go.Hahaha, me it's September 6. Usually I should begin today like most of the other cégeps, but i guess it's because of the strike. I guess you're in high school?

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=Sixpence.][QUOTE=EROS]I bet you already forgot what you said. (???)

Nooo, I said messing up your name is super fucking fun.

JoY
08-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Well yeah, there's good schools and bad schools. I went to a good school. We sit the same exams as elsewhere but the education really is entirely a different level. That's why even universities sometimes look at teh school you came from too when they decide on accepting you.
yeah, someone tried to explain that to me the other day. it's just.. odd.

here you have different levels of high schools with entirely different education, adjusted to the intelligence/ambitions/interests of the students. if you choose the lowest level, you don't have to study much, but then you learn to work with your hands. it's a lot more technical & people are educated to become.. electricians, or.. plumbers, stuff like that. then there are two things in between & highest level. then there is grammar school, but that's pretty much exactly the same as highest level, except for acient Greek & Latin.

Tired_Of_You
08-22-2005, 01:08 PM
I thought My schedule's 8:10 to 2:40. At least it was last year.I don't know what it'll be this year but last year our schedule was kinda like yours, it was from 7:50 to 14:15. Although I had to wake up really early, it was nice anyway, finishing this early. I'm at a college this year and it's kinda far away... =/

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=Sixpence.][QUOTE=EROS]
I was talking about the flower thing! but I guess your poor brain already lost it.

Sorry that I have to disappoint you.
Last chance for you to get it (FI-NAL-LY!):

The flower thing HAS SOMETHING TO DO with messing up your name.
Hell yeah, you can't be that damn stupid. No really! Even you can't be that retarded!

Kerr
08-22-2005, 01:12 PM
I am surprised that I survived my GCSE years - no free periods at all, just lessons day in, day out. I am glad that in sixth form, there are free periods to laze around. I don't think I could cope with more work :P I think I am getting lazier.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I am surprised that I survived my GCSE years - no free periods at all, just lessons day in, day out. I am glad that in sixth form, there are free periods to laze around. I don't think I could cope with more work :P I think I am getting lazier.

That's the only good thing. Last year I only had 3 free periods. This year I have 7.

killer_queen
08-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Being a nerd is not always a bad thing :)
We have also more public schools here. The nice thing about my school is that the atmosphere is kinda familiar. Nobody acts anonymous or something.
The coolest teacher I know is my Chemistry teacher. I've chosen him to be my tutor as well. His surname is 'Ix'. That makes him cool already.
You reminded me a friend of mine who was in love with her teacher.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:17 PM
@SORE:
You'd just have to use a little bit logic, but oh well I see: too much effort for you.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:20 PM
You reminded me a friend of mine who was in love with her teacher.

Oh... But no. Didn't happen to me. But it's fun talking to them. Now that we're in sixth form, teachers make more jokes, it's like your talking to a friend, it's cool and relaxed. We'll have an excursion this year as well, this should be total fun. But we still don't know where to go...

Kerr
08-22-2005, 01:21 PM
That's the only good thing. Last year I only had 3 free periods. This year I have 7.
I basically had one everyday except for two days, where I'd have an enrichment course. If my timetable was kept the same for the second year, I'd have two free periods every day (after dropping a subject), and I'd have whole afternoons and lunchtimes off. But they plan on changing everyone's timetables, which is stupid because:

1) It is far easier to keep the same timetable as before, just leaving out the subject the a pupil has dropped and replacing it with frees
2) It is harder to create a new timetable, plus I'd have trouble remembering it
3) I'd have, say, physics twice in one day now (apparently, anyway) as a result of the change
4) It's just fucking stupid, full stop.

Kerr
08-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Oh, and school lasts from 8:45 - 3:25. I only have to get up at 7:30, earlier than most pupils :P

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:22 PM
My school seriously has the best schedual. Makes you all look gay. Only FOUR classes a day, 7:06-1:13.

You lucky bastard. On Monday I have four lessons with the same teacher, one class religion and three classes literature.

EDIT: In a row.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:24 PM
@Kerr:

HAAAAAA! I have to get up 5.45 every fucking morning! Because of my schoolway.
They change timetables here for each year as well. So it's always a surprise to get them. I can remember my new one though, they printed them out for each pupil, because they are individual.

Rag Doll
08-22-2005, 01:25 PM
I used to have class from 7:30-5pm, last fall. Thank god that's over.

Now...Monday & Tuesday I have class from 11-12. Wednesdays off. Thursday 11-12 & 6-8. And Friday 11-12 and 4-7. Lucky me.

China Boy
08-22-2005, 01:26 PM
In Sweden school isn't that painful.

Monday- 8:10-15:10
Tuesday-8:00-14:55
Wednesday-8:05-15:45
Thursday: 8:00-14:45
Friday:9:20-13:25

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:26 PM
what is 'affort' ?

Oh yeah, sorry. *effort*

killer_queen
08-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Oh... But no. Didn't happen to me. But it's fun talking to them. Now that we're in sixth form, teachers make more jokes, it's like your talking to a friend, it's cool and relaxed. We'll have an excursion this year as well, this should be total fun. But we still don't know where to go...
Sounds nice. It's gonna be my last year on high school and we can even swear when we're talking to teachers, of course not all of them but the young ones are cool to talk.

Kerr
08-22-2005, 01:30 PM
@Kerr:

HAAAAAA! I have to get up 5.45 every fucking morning! Because of my schoolway.
They change timetables here for each year as well. So it's always a surprise to get them. I can remember my new one though, they printed them out for each pupil, because they are individual.
I dunno how the fuck you tolerate that. Getting up at 7:30 is actually one hell of a mission for me.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Sounds nice. It's gonna be my last year on high school and we can even swear when we're talking to teachers, of course not all of them but the young ones are cool to talk.

We have privileges now, we're allowed to be a bit cheeky. The atmosphere is more relaxed and the teachers tell funny stories they've experienced, it's sometimes so damn funny, odd and it is strange to know that much about the teachers. On excursions we could even call them by their first name (if we ever figure them out, I know quite a few *grins*)

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:33 PM
I dunno how the fuck you tolerate that. Getting up at 7:30 is actually one hell of a mission for me.

Getting up that early is not that hard. It's only bad if you go to bed late. Like I do every fucking day.
I'm used to that though. 5 hours of sleep are enough for me.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:34 PM
who is the little guy/girl in your avatar?

Well, not me. He's a baby guy.

Tired_Of_You
08-22-2005, 01:35 PM
My school seriously has the best schedual. Makes you all look gay. Only FOUR classes a day, 7:06-1:13.Yeah but 7:06 (why not 7:05? ahah) is too early for me. We also had 4 classes a day, of 1:15 each.

I don't even know my schedule for this year, I hope I won't have to get up too early...damn, I'll have to walk half an hour every day only to take a bus.

Tired_Of_You
08-22-2005, 01:37 PM
I dunno how the fuck you tolerate that. Getting up at 7:30 is actually one hell of a mission for me.You'd be dead if you'd be in my case. ;) I wish I could get up at 7:30.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:40 PM
I was way cuter as a baby than the little guy in my avatar.

But still: I want to point out that you are too retarded to solve the flower thing.

the_GoDdEsS
08-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Our system is similar to the one in Germany. I was on a 'Gymnasium' as well. And trust me EVERYONE passes the 'Abitur' as long as they're at least a decent student. And yes, we did have to study shitloads for it all year long and revise stuff we learnt in the past four years. It seems like an insane thing to do but trust me, in the end you'll think it wasn't that bad.

However. 'Staatsprüfung' (state exam) is the worst shit ever. I had three of those. I had to study at least 8 weeks in advance for them, every fucking day (7 hours a day preferably) and revise EVERY course I ever took at university in those five years. Which could be the total amount of 10,000 (that's a wild guess too for three exams total) pages of theory? Uh huh. You don't wanna know what that shit can do to you. You really, really don't. It was a pretty fucking useless thing to do when you passed all those courses before, why learn it all over again, and I still hate our school system for it. But I survived.

Yeah, to join the club but not really. I started going to work today. :/

Camilamazed
08-22-2005, 01:42 PM
If you want to do well in those exams, stop memorizing the content of the classes and busy yourself understanding the essency of the subjects.

Wow..... You do surprise me =D

Kerr
08-22-2005, 01:45 PM
You'd be dead if you'd be in my case. ;) I wish I could get up at 7:30.
Yeah, a lot of my mates do. They find it a privilage to get, like, 5 hours of sleep? Whereas it does my head in.

Getting up that early is not that hard. It's only bad if you go to bed late. Like I do every fucking day.
I'm used to that though. 5 hours of sleep are enough for me.
I can occasionally tolerate 7 or 8, but the thing is, I have trouble getting to sleep - I sometimes go to bed at 11 and don't fall asleep 'til 4 in the morning. You don't actually feel so sleepy at school, but your mind wanders off and you almost fall asleep more easily. Fuck, that sucks. That's the one main thing I hate about school, it's getting up early. I am more used to 10 in the morning :P

Mind you, most have it worse, I tend to consider myself lucky.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Sim, I believe you. That's the reason why I don't want to study anymore. I just don't know if I want that stressful life when I can start working and earn money.
My specialised courses are German and English. I dropped French after year 10, still able to use it (a bit).
But I chose the right subjects, I'm actually happy and am interested in all those subjects so it won't be too hard to keep that stuff in mind. The exams won't be too difficult anyways, we are the guinea pigs for Zentralabitur. Plus I was always a good pupil.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Because I already forgot the flower thing...

You WANTED to forget it, because you were not able to solve it.
Now go pick that flower and sting your finger on a thorn.

the_GoDdEsS
08-22-2005, 01:49 PM
In that case there's no reason to be really scared. I mean, you're worried and that's natural cause you care and stuff. Do what you can do and face it with self-confidence. Then you'll ace it.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:50 PM
In that case there's no reason to be really scared. I mean, you're worried and that's natural cause you care and stuff. Do what you can do and face it with self-confidence. Then you'll ace it.

Yeah, will do.
I can't do anything about it anyways :)

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Distracting doesn't work. If you still didn't get this easy fucking flower thing, you really ARE retarded.
Yesterday I thought you were at least a bit SMART! But hell, hope's gone....

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Yeah, SORE! And remember: Always start with that for yourself before preaching it to other people.

Tired_Of_You
08-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Yeah, a lot of my mates do. They find it a privilage to get, like, 5 hours of sleep? Whereas it does my head in.I had to get up at 6am last year and I'm scared it'll be earlier this year. I never went to bed before 11pm so I was really tired at school. At least if I could get up at 7:30...it wouldn't change everything, but it would be better. And what the..? You can't fall asleep before 4am? Maybe you have insomnia? =/

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-22-2005, 01:57 PM
When i go back to school, that will be my Senior Year.

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Wait, I do try to really understand things, why do you think I know a lot...

I only said I THOUGHT you were at least A BIT smart. I admit, I was mistaken...

Kerr
08-22-2005, 02:09 PM
I had to get up at 6am last year and I'm scared it'll be earlier this year. I never went to bed before 11pm so I was really tired at school. At least if I could get up at 7:30...it wouldn't change everything, but it would be better. And what the..? You can't fall asleep before 4am? Maybe you have insomnia? =/
Actually, I generally can. I tend to fall asleep around an hour or an hour and a half after I go to bed, which is why I try to go to bed at 11. Occasionally, I get the insomnia problem - it is normally on a Sunday night, the night just before the first day of the week.

rodney mullen
08-22-2005, 02:18 PM
my first day is wednesday. *sighs* :(

Sixpence.
08-22-2005, 10:20 PM
of course you are mistaken!

Aw, spiteful little man, you are still AT LEAST as stupid as me.
Now use your words wisely (if you are able to. I hope so, I'm just that optimistic...)

bd007h
08-22-2005, 10:21 PM
college starts in 2 weeks for me. I've got mixed feelings about it. Living in the dorm will be nice, but I heard the workload is more than high school :(

jade fahy
08-22-2005, 11:57 PM
ah...there,there, brett...there are people who love here...i think :D

bd007h
08-22-2005, 11:59 PM
ah...there,there, brett...there are people who love here...i think :D

:) .

jade fahy
08-23-2005, 12:00 AM
:p lol.......

Mentally_Challenged
08-23-2005, 02:30 AM

Ditto =) School is 8.45 - 3.10 this year, they knocked off 15 minutes (which is incidently taken out of our lunch break :mad: ) due to building work. What kid of difference is that going to make for crying out loud?!

Yes, anyway. 8.45 - 3.10, 6 lessons a day. No free peroids ¬.¬ I'm now (well, September 6th) entering my final 2 years of high school, my GCSE years. Great. Apparently they're going to be 'pushing us to our limits' to get us the highest grade possible, and maybe for once that'll happen. Because we have a new headteacher. Hoo-bloody-ray! Our old headteacher completley fucked the school up. Parents (including mine) we're constantly phoning to complain, be it about abusive students, useless teachers, teachers who didn't even show up, or something completley different. Then our school got Sports College status, god knows how. So we had to drop one music lesson (as we previously had 2), for an extra P.E lesson. That got the parents going again.

But, now they're happy. At last. :rolleyes: And, I know JoY said 'nobody complain about their timetables', but i've got to say it. 6 science lessons a week, 4 maths and 4 english. Now, I know some people might have more that 6 science lessons a week, but still. What annoys me is that I have more science than anything else. Considering i'm doing English literature and english language, higher tier (apparently), I think i'd benifit more from having 6 english lessons a week.

Ho hum. Can't have everything :rolleyes: