PDA

View Full Version : Osker

ichoose90
08-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Not many people have heard of this pop-punk band. I'm really into them. Anyone like or dislike or at least HEARD of them, here?

Conspiracy of One
08-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Never Heard of them. Are they an American Band?

ichoose90
08-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Never Heard of them. Are they an American Band?

Yes. They were on Epitaph Records. They put out 2 albums when they were very young (16, 17) and then called it quits. Their songwriting isn't brilliant but teens/kids can definately relate. That's what I like about it. The guitarist has a folk-rock band now called Fingers Cut Megamachine, which kind of sounds like Wilco or Jonathon Richmond. I highly recommend either of their records. Treatment Five (their first one) is like skater punk. It kind of sounds like early Green Day/early Rancid. Their second one is more soft. Kind of emo but not emo enough to be considered emo. I think you can download some of their stuff from the Epitaph web site.

Conspiracy of One
08-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Yes. They were on Epitaph Records. They put out 2 albums when they were very young (16, 17) and then called it quits. Their songwriting isn't brilliant but teens/kids can definately relate. That's what I like about it. The guitarist has a folk-rock band now called Fingers Cut Megamachine, which kind of sounds like Wilco or Jonathon Richmond. I highly recommend either of their records. Treatment Five (their first one) is like skater punk. It kind of sounds like early Green Day/early Rancid. Their second one is more soft. Kind of emo but not emo enough to be considered emo. I think you can download some of their stuff from the Epitaph web site.
I'll limewire it later

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
08-23-2005, 06:08 PM
They're ok...I guess.

BuddyHolly
08-24-2005, 09:08 AM
Just check my signature ;)

JohnnyNemesis
08-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Pretty decent group, although I'm not familiar with anything after Treatment5.

They remind me of Green Day, only tolerable. Lucky is an awesome track, and so is Strangled.

They're kind of annoying in some ways, but fun in others.

Quick point: it's funny how they constantly attacked Refused for selling out when Refused started experimenting with electronic music, then they do a quick 180 and start foliking it up.

Teenagers are douchebags.

ichoose90
08-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Pretty decent group, although I'm not familiar with anything after Treatment5.

They remind me of Green Day, only tolerable. Lucky is an awesome track, and so is Strangled.

They're kind of annoying in some ways, but fun in others.

Quick point: it's funny how they constantly attacked Refused for selling out when Refused started experimenting with electronic music, then they do a quick 180 and start foliking it up.

Teenagers are douchebags.

That's why it's fun to listen to them. Their teenagers. It's really easy to relate to. The best part about it was how big of a snotty brat the singer was. That's what made me like them so much.

P.S.
'Strangled' is after Treatment 5

JohnnyNemesis
08-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Strangled is after Treatment5? Holy shit, you're right!

Anyway, yeah, did you ever read their road journals? Pretty interesting stuff.