PDA

View Full Version : The Soviettes

coke_a_holic
08-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Anyone ever heard this band? They're pretty good, they sound kind of like the Ramones meets the Donnas. Although I've only heard a few songs of theirs (Paranoia Cha Cha Cha, Multiply and Divide, #1 is #2), I really like their music and want to know what others think, too. People should check out their site (www.thesoviettes.com, it might not work and you might have to search them on google to access the site) and listen to the songs you can download off of it. Anyone know which album of theirs is the best? I'm not sure which one I should get.

Chris
08-23-2005, 07:02 PM
i've got them all - no real preference as of yet but LP3 is my safe bet. the video for multiply and divide is funny (and colourful) though just for the drummers antics as his voice sures adds an interesting twist to the mix.

can't actually quite remember how I got onto this band, quite some time ago - the songs they host are some of their best though which is helpful.

Chris
08-23-2005, 07:04 PM
oh yeah, and they're touring the US with Epoxies and some other FAT bands very soon - i'd almost give a limb to catch that tour

coke_a_holic
08-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the help! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for LPIII. If I can't find it, I guess I'll get it online. The tour is how I first found out about the band, I picked up a free cd at Warped that had a few songs from bands on Fat Wreck Chords to promote the tour. Multiply and Divide was easily one of the best songs on it.