PDA

View Full Version : Which Intro to a concert is beta?

smashitup
08-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Which intro to an offsapring concert is beta: Bad Habit or Neocon? I personally can't split the two. Neocon is good in that it sought of hs its own little inroduction for each member (drums, bass, guitar, vocals). But bad habit has such huge energy with the strong bass and the fastness of the song.

0r4ng3
08-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Which intro to an offsapring concert is beta: Bad Habit or Neocon? I personally can't split the two. Neocon is good in that it sought of hs its own little inroduction for each member (drums, bass, guitar, vocals). But bad habit has such huge energy with the strong bass and the fastness of the song.Bad Habit has introduction, too (Bass, Guitar 1, Vocals, Drums/Guitar 2). Guitar 1 is that one thing it plays before the vocals, guitar 2 being the end of the intro.

smashitup
08-23-2005, 09:36 PM
i didnt think of that but yeah bad habit is like that, so with that in mind which one is beta?

peko
08-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Bad Habit, no doubt. Neocon is nice to listen to on your home stereo, but not at a live concert.

offspring_freak
08-23-2005, 11:55 PM
bad habit, much better :cool:

platinumpt
08-24-2005, 01:49 AM
All I Want: OKAY!! YA YA YA YA YA!

RobinoZombie
08-24-2005, 01:52 AM
i still think that the "doom intro" and bad habit is the perfect intro, or americana would be a nice opener, as they did in 99-00 on most of the shows, but bad habit and the doom intro is just fucking awesome

the worst opener ive had experience with the offspring was TKAA at leeds, wtf, you cant put that song first:S but an awesome show:

platinumpt
08-24-2005, 02:00 AM
i still think that the "doom intro" and bad habit is the perfect intro, or americana would be a nice opener, as they did in 99-00 on most of the shows, but bad habit and the doom intro is just fucking awesome

the worst opener ive had experience with the offspring was TKAA at leeds, wtf, you cant put that song first:S but an awesome show:
I see what you mean! But they could surprise us a few times, and do different openings. The only ones I know are the doom-bad habit, All I Want and Neocon intros. All very predictable. They could open maybe with Genocide, for a change...

Fat Boy Samsam
08-24-2005, 02:24 AM
I hate neocon.

I think Americana is a good one to start with!!

princess
08-24-2005, 03:56 AM
just picture it... lights are low, anticipation is high seeing as you've been standing there for nearly 2 hours listening to dodgy support acts followed by huge stretches of silence then suddenly you hear the drums... neocon sooo gets my vote. amazing intro

notoriousdoc
08-24-2005, 04:00 AM
just picture it... lights are low, anticipation is high seeing as you've been standing there for nearly 2 hours listening to dodgy support acts followed by huge stretches of silence then suddenly you hear the drums... neocon sooo gets my vote. amazing intro
Wembley 2004?

princess
08-24-2005, 04:14 AM
Wembley 2004?

yep, and reading. amazing

BuddyHolly
08-24-2005, 07:44 AM
The Kids Aren't Allright is a great song to open up a show with :cool:

G0tta_get_away
08-24-2005, 07:47 AM
I would suggest Mota

Imagine that drum intro :cool:

But out of Bad Habit and Neocon i would say Bad Habit : :D

Jojan
08-24-2005, 07:48 AM
Session would be a cool starter.
Startaing a concert with the 'Ahhh FUCK! FUCK FUCK FUUUCK!"

platinumpt
08-24-2005, 07:49 AM
But out of Bad Habit and Neocon i would say Bad Habit : :D
Word! The initial bass of Bad Habit rules.

bouncingcoles
08-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Which intro to an offsapring concert is beta: Bad Habit or Neocon? I personally can't split the two. Neocon is good in that it sought of hs its own little inroduction for each member (drums, bass, guitar, vocals). But bad habit has such huge energy with the strong bass and the fastness of the song.

NEOCON!!!!

Sinister
08-24-2005, 08:40 AM
just imagine this for a second.... they start with The Kids Aren't Alright - Island style, then after like 30 seconds Dexter yells, "Just kidding !" and then BOOM. Da Hui !
wouldnt that be cool ?

platinumpt
08-24-2005, 09:05 AM
just imagine this for a second.... they start with The Kids Aren't Alright - Island style, then after like 30 seconds Dexter yells, "Just kidding !" and then BOOM. Da Hui !
wouldnt that be cool ?
You're inspired today :D yeah, that'd be BEAUTIFUL!

Sinister
08-24-2005, 09:08 AM
You're inspired today :D yeah, that'd be BEAUTIFUL!

I wont pay I wont pay ya, no waaaaaay,
nah nah why don't you post in the video idea thread

Flen
08-24-2005, 09:11 AM
I liked Neocon as a start, but Bad Habit is also very cool with that bass intro. But which one I liked to see as an intro are the following ones:

Hit That (could be cool with that beginning)
Session indeed
Can't Repeat (start right off with the new single)
or with a really old song, like Elders or Blackball.

platinumpt
08-24-2005, 09:13 AM
I wont pay I wont pay ya, no waaaaaay,
nah nah why don't you post in the video idea thread
Man!!! don't think it's easy to come up with those silly ideas of mine!! give me some time! :o

Sinister
08-24-2005, 09:16 AM
yeah, ok, alright.

Camilamazed
08-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Session would be a cool starter.
Startaing a concert with the 'Ahhh FUCK! FUCK FUCK FUUUCK!"

Must agree with that ^^

Sinister
08-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Must agree with that ^^
especially if they all scream at the very top of their lungs - Session on CD doesnt seem to be really screamed.

platinumpt
08-24-2005, 09:54 AM
especially if they all scream at the very top of their lungs - Session on CD doesnt seem to be really screamed.
Yes, but that's because they reduced the volume of the vocals. I don't know why they did that, though...

Sinister
08-24-2005, 09:57 AM
*screams out loud*
*bro wonders what the fuck is wrong with me*

^ that's why.

Lupin
08-24-2005, 09:59 AM
back when they played Pay The Man i think in early 98...as there first song, just after americana came out, it was a...WTF is this?? then 5 minutes in you get a kick in the Balls. classic hazeiness

Personally tho, starting with I'll Be Waiting, maybe at the start or at the encore...would be amazin'
________
MONTANA MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://montana.dispensaries.org/)

killer_queen
08-24-2005, 10:05 AM
Bad Habit is better. But Me and My Old Lady would be the best. Or it would be better as the last song. Come Out and Play is a good one too.

Kwright
08-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Genocide is an awesome suggestion. It's so easy to get pumped with that video. The way it builds at the start is awesome.

Zee
08-24-2005, 04:20 PM
The doom intro sounds incredible, and Bad Habit after that, perfect.

Motajay
08-25-2005, 07:28 AM
i can't choose between Neocon/The Noose (which has audience involvment) and Doom Intro/Bad Habit (more ambient then kick in), both are great, progressive and then energic.

i'd suggest Change The World, never been played as far as i know, and has same characteristics as these 2 intros... would be awesome!