PDA

View Full Version : Neocon

Fat Boy Samsam
08-24-2005, 05:19 AM
This song does my head in, big sty.le

It's like the Offspring deliberately made a song that they hoped would be a sports anthem or a chant when your team scored. I'm sure that they were thinking only of 'commercial' opportunity when they recorded it i.e maybe Nike will use it for their next TV advert!!!

Aaaargh- Offspring, please do NOT play this on the European tour!!!

Actually, please reissue Splinter without this shite (and when you're in prison) on it!

platinumpt
08-24-2005, 06:07 AM

It's like the Offspring deliberately made a song that they hoped would be a sports anthem or a chant when your team scored. I'm sure that they were thinking only of 'commercial' opportunity when they recorded it i.e maybe Nike will use it for their next TV advert!!!

Actually, please reissue Splinter without this shite (and when you're in prison) on it!
... Then you'd have less than 30 minutes of songs on the album!!!! :eek:

Either way, Neocon is just an intro... like time to relax or disclaimer... the difference is that Neocon is cool to be played and sang :cool:

Dexter_italy
08-24-2005, 06:36 AM

Oh yes, I'm sure that now that you said that thei're going to reissue splinter without those songs! I really think some people forget to turn on their brains when they wake up.....
________
Lamborghini diablo gt specifications (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_Diablo_GT)

Fat Boy Samsam
08-24-2005, 06:41 AM
Oh yes, I'm sure that now that you said that thei're going to reissue splinter without those songs! I really think some people forget to turn on their brains when they wake up.....

It would be an improvement to Splinter if they did. I'm sure you agree with that!
Those 2 songs drag it dooown :mad:

Thucydides
08-24-2005, 06:44 AM

They play it at the beginning of practically every show since Splinter came out - so you'll almost certainly be 'treated' to it. :D

punk_riOt
08-24-2005, 06:46 AM
Neocon is a cool intro, i like it a lot. I don't think they used it just as a way to use it for like a sporting anthem, i think it's just a cool intro. end of story.

Fat Boy Samsam
08-24-2005, 07:09 AM
I don't think they used it just as a way to use it for like a sporting anthem,

I'm sure one of the American baseball teams play it when they hit a home run...

Soon, like Tina Turners 'simply the best', every other boxer will play it when they enter the ring....

aarrgghh

Offspring, PLEASE don't play it live again!!!!

Sinister
08-24-2005, 07:41 AM
Neocon is an awesome intro... just imagine how it sounds with thousands of people chanting ! *drools* must be totally wonderful !

platinumpt
08-24-2005, 08:15 AM
Yeah, it is wonderful indeed, and the crowd goes totally insane...

But they don't play that intro anymore I think... let's wait for the european tour in September!

Flen
08-24-2005, 09:24 AM
At the sixth of Septembre, I'm seeing them in Cologne, Germany. I will look out for the intro for you guys and post it here together with the setlist if I can remember it correctly :p . I'm very curious myself too. I'm also very excited to go, but I still have to wait 12 days... :mad: :p

bouncingcoles
08-24-2005, 09:36 AM

i think NEOCON is fucking SWEET. its the most amazing intro ever!

wishomie
08-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Neocon is a great intro.

Sinister
08-24-2005, 09:43 AM
Neocon is a great intro.
this time I gotta agree with you.

there should be a poll here.

IdleOffspring
08-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Neocon is fucking great, Live even more, so shut the fuck up

platinumpt
08-24-2005, 10:06 AM
At the sixth of Septembre, I'm seeing them in Cologne, Germany. I will look out for the intro for you guys and post it here together with the setlist if I can remember it correctly :p . I'm very curious myself too. I'm also very excited to go, but I still have to wait 12 days... :mad: :p
Yeah, post the setlist as better as you can remember please! I'll have to wait until September the 10th :mad:

Offspring-Fanatic
08-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Neocon is awesome, an offspring cd is not an offspring cd without an intro so if u know anything dude back off

Mangalock The Offspring
08-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Neocon RLZ! xD.

Cejus
08-24-2005, 12:43 PM
aarrgghh

Offspring, PLEASE don't play it live again!!!!
:eek: Why??! This song is the best intro they've ever made, in my opinion. When they play it live, it's amazing, believe me! And after that song, they usually play 'The Noose', and both together are even more amazing.

It's the best way to start a concert, IMO :cool:

Nirushika6789
08-24-2005, 12:52 PM
here is the poll for it

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14410

is neocon good or not? vote on that :D

weedooface23
08-24-2005, 12:56 PM
m mufins clown on a stick just shiting on the door handle like theres nothin wrong

Amazed
08-24-2005, 01:27 PM

please die :)