PDA

View Full Version : Brixton Academy

Sheri Insane
08-24-2005, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know how to find out if tickets are still available? Please... thank youp. :)

princess
08-24-2005, 09:37 AM
go get the link from the tour section, there's still plenty of tickets left for both dates although they were sold out for the first show for a while so there's probably fewer people going to the second one.

nameless
08-24-2005, 04:27 PM
www.stargreen.com
www.gigsandtours.com
www.ticketweb.co.uk

they are where i normally get tickets from, not sure if they have any left though!

Awesome_Avril
08-24-2005, 07:15 PM
The show at Brixton Academy on September 16th is sold out but I was able to buy a ticket on e-bay at a cheaper base price (about 1 pound less)than the ticket that I bought from the ticket broker on the Offspring link (SeeTicket.com). Shipping to the US is what increased the cost for me. Also, SeeTicket would not ship my ticket for the 17th overseas, I have to go to the box office to pick it up. Hopefully the ticket for the 16th will get here before I leave the US. Since it is a month away it may not be a problem.

I'm coming to the UK for the first time. What are concerts like there? Is there alot of surfing? I'm trying to decide how far in the pit I should be. Also, are you allowed to bring non-professional cameras in?

Dirty Bertie
08-25-2005, 02:02 AM
The show at Brixton Academy on September 16th is sold out but I was able to buy a ticket on e-bay at a cheaper base price (about 1 pound less)than the ticket that I bought from the ticket broker on the Offspring link (SeeTicket.com). Shipping to the US is what increased the cost for me. Also, SeeTicket would not ship my ticket for the 17th overseas, I have to go to the box office to pick it up. Hopefully the ticket for the 16th will get here before I leave the US. Since it is a month away it may not be a problem.

I'm coming to the UK for the first time. What are concerts like there? Is there alot of surfing? I'm trying to decide how far in the pit I should be. Also, are you allowed to bring non-professional cameras in?

Fucking hell - are you coming to London just for the concert?? That's awesome

nameless
08-25-2005, 03:51 PM

i cant believe your doing that! in answer to your questions, a lot of people i hear from hate surfing and think its really selfish etc., ive never really had a problem with it though! it normally says on the back of tickets - no photography etc. but you always see peopel with cameras, however the last gig i went to, security were coming down hard on it!

Awesome_Avril
08-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Honestly, I canít believe that Iím doing it either!!!! Iíve never taken any trip with this short of time planning let alone my first trip across the Atlantic Ocean. I just got the idea about 3 weeks ago and called the airline that I normally fly to find out if I had enough miles and if a flight was available. A flight was available and I have enough miles for multiple free round trips. I was able to book a 4 star hotel in London for 7 nights cheaper than the 3 nights than I just paid for in Chicago last week. So all of this is just falling into place. Iíve wanted to come to Europe for a long time and just got my passport last year. SO IS THERE A BETTER EXCUSE TO COME TO LONDON THAN TO SEE The Offspring PLAY FOR TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW?
Iím a really new fan. I know that this is hard to believe but before 2002, I had never heard of The Offspring. Offspring is the favorite band of a jerk of a guy that I used to like but I didnít start listening to them until after he was laid off from our company and some else that I work with lent me the Americana CD. It is awesome!!! Since June, Iíve been to three of their shows. I got free tickets from the Offspring Web site to the first show this year in June before the Warped Tour. I drove for 2 hours they played for an hour and basically blew me away!! I saw them twice in July at Warped (in another town 2 hours away and in my hometown). When they were in my hometown, I met them. I got my picture with each of them (except Greg K) and autographs from all (including Greg K) and talked to them.
Offspring is the first band that Iíve seen more than twice and now own more than one of their CDs (I have Americana, Smash, GH and the DVD w/Club Me extra CD and T-Shirt now). ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ON WHICH ONE I SHOULD BUY NEXT?? Iíve seen Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band twice and have 2 of his CDs. I just have one CD for all of the others in my collection.
As far as surfers, I donít like them!! I got kicked in the head once and my sunglasses knocked off twice at one of the Warped Tour shows. The security did an amazing job of lifting them over the heads and protecting all of us who were standing up front. Hopefully we can bring cameras but if we canít it will be OK because I already have a full album of just Offspring from the three shows that Iíve attended. Iím hoping to get some pictures from a more central spot. Most of the pictures that I have now are from the sides.
Also any recommendations on places to see, eat, drink would be appreciated!

Dirty Bertie
08-26-2005, 02:57 AM
Wow Avril, you must have really enjoyed Americana to be following them to Europe! Just watch out for jet lag when you get to England i.e. try and sleep some on the plane or you will be KNACKERED at the concert.

I think the shows in London will be really good as the Offspring still have a decent fan base here. Sounds like the support acts will be pretty sucky so watch out for people chucking cans of piss at them ;) Brixton is pretty easy to get to on the tube so DON'T waste your cash on taxis!

As for places to see, eat and drink : you could start a whole thread just on this and everyone would disagree. However, I reckon that you can't go wrong if you stay on the Central London tourist trail i.e. Covent Garden and Soho for the night life and Camden for the market/ shoppng. What area of London is your hotel?

Enjoy your trip

Dirty Bertie
08-26-2005, 06:13 AM
Avril, I forgot to tell you what CD to get next! I'd say definitely Ixnay - that is awesome.

Why don't you post some of your pics of the Offspring?

I've got tickets for the 16th but am thinking about going on the 17th instead cos I'm travelling back from mainland Europe on Friday and don't wanna risk missing it :( if the planes fuck up

peko
08-28-2005, 01:21 AM
I've seen lots of tickets for this show on e-bay, check it out.

nameless
08-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Honestly, I canít believe that Iím doing it either!!!! Iíve never taken any trip with this short of time planning let alone my first trip across the Atlantic Ocean. I just got the idea about 3 weeks ago and called the airline that I normally fly to find out if I had enough miles and if a flight was available. A flight was available and I have enough miles for multiple free round trips. I was able to book a 4 star hotel in London for 7 nights cheaper than the 3 nights than I just paid for in Chicago last week. So all of this is just falling into place. Iíve wanted to come to Europe for a long time and just got my passport last year. SO IS THERE A BETTER EXCUSE TO COME TO LONDON THAN TO SEE The Offspring PLAY FOR TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW?
Iím a really new fan. I know that this is hard to believe but before 2002, I had never heard of The Offspring. Offspring is the favorite band of a jerk of a guy that I used to like but I didnít start listening to them until after he was laid off from our company and some else that I work with lent me the Americana CD. It is awesome!!! Since June, Iíve been to three of their shows. I got free tickets from the Offspring Web site to the first show this year in June before the Warped Tour. I drove for 2 hours they played for an hour and basically blew me away!! I saw them twice in July at Warped (in another town 2 hours away and in my hometown). When they were in my hometown, I met them. I got my picture with each of them (except Greg K) and autographs from all (including Greg K) and talked to them.
Offspring is the first band that Iíve seen more than twice and now own more than one of their CDs (I have Americana, Smash, GH and the DVD w/Club Me extra CD and T-Shirt now). ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ON WHICH ONE I SHOULD BUY NEXT?? Iíve seen Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band twice and have 2 of his CDs. I just have one CD for all of the others in my collection.
As far as surfers, I donít like them!! I got kicked in the head once and my sunglasses knocked off twice at one of the Warped Tour shows. The security did an amazing job of lifting them over the heads and protecting all of us who were standing up front. Hopefully we can bring cameras but if we canít it will be OK because I already have a full album of just Offspring from the three shows that Iíve attended. Iím hoping to get some pictures from a more central spot. Most of the pictures that I have now are from the sides.
Also any recommendations on places to see, eat, drink would be appreciated!

like the other guy said, check out camden, they have lots of cool stuff there!

Awesome_Avril
08-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Awesome_Avril
08-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Since you are looking at tickets on e-bay, are you going to either/both of the shows in London? Just curious if there is going to be anyone else from the US in the audience.

Sheri Insane
09-06-2005, 07:40 AM
thanks loads guys. I'll check out e bay, probs bit late now, iv not got net at home yet so it sucks big time. Just that me and a friend of mine always wanted to go see offspring coz we luv 'em and we met over a conversation about offspring, preeeetty spooky. cheers.

offspringchaz
09-06-2005, 01:23 PM
thanks loads guys. I'll check out e bay, probs bit late now, iv not got net at home yet so it sucks big time. Just that me and a friend of mine always wanted to go see offspring coz we luv 'em and we met over a conversation about offspring, preeeetty spooky. cheers.
it not that late, really cause i bought 2 tickets from ebay yesterday, for two of my mates for only £32 and included next day delivery.most of the auctions are having next day delivery

dirty_magic
09-06-2005, 01:46 PM
it not that late, really cause i bought 2 tickets from ebay yesterday, for two of my mates for only £32 and included next day delivery.most of the auctions are having next day delivery

yer its never too late, 3 of my mates bought weekend reading festival tickets off ebay 3 days before it started and they all got them next day!

Lars
09-06-2005, 02:53 PM
I think Brixton's sound isn't so great...

Have fun in Camden 'you want some weed' see how many times that or some variant of it gets said to you. Though having said that the last few times I wandered about to the barfly no one said anything.... US people that live over here might be at the show, if anyone else if flying over, wouldn't really count on it.

Nottingham Rock City is the place to be on the 17th really, Million Dead, going to lay waste.

kiddman
09-10-2005, 06:11 AM
fellow offspring fans. im going to brixton on the 16th woooooo. but the problem is i have one spare ticket. iv asked everyone i know and knowone else wants to go so i fort id try and sell it. ebay you WILL get ripped off, touts u WILL get ripped off. im selling a standing ticket for the frisay 16th at brixton. im asking for £25 quid which is just over face value as i had to pay a booking fee wen i bought it. so if any of you unlucky fans missed the chance to get standing tickets im have one for sale. if interested or want more details email me on onerockindude_2003@hotmail.com or add me to msn.

help i can help out a fellow fan

Sheri Insane
09-10-2005, 06:48 AM
just my godamn luck. My friend ordered three tickets, they were more expensive coz it's so close to the gig, i mean like NEXT WEEK! And they wouldn't accept her bank card so i'm not goin, it was an 18tth bday present to me as my bday is on the 20th, this sucks. Have fun guys. :(

kiddman
09-10-2005, 06:56 AM
just my godamn luck. My friend ordered three tickets, they were more expensive coz it's so close to the gig, i mean like NEXT WEEK! And they wouldn't accept her bank card so i'm not goin, it was an 18tth bday present to me as my bday is on the 20th, this sucks. Have fun guys. :(

hey add me to msn and il sell u a ticket for 25 i have a spare one. if ur interested that is add onerockindude_2003@hotmail.com