PDA

View Full Version : greg got screwerd

SMASH0390
08-24-2005, 12:57 PM
im sitting here thinkin about how offspring got started and it was originaly greg and dex. so im thinking about the band today and dexter and noodles have the most publicity and greg is like out of the picture. he rarely shows up in videos (i think he apeared 2 times in gone away for like a split second) he started the band im suprised he didnt leave verses ron. im sure this has already been discussed but idk. he does talk on radio and stuff so i hear but still he should b up there with dexter. with all respect for noodles i mean he rocks too. sry if this thread annoys u but i wouldnt mind feedback.

Thucydides
08-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Maybe he lives being out of the limelight?

Sinister
08-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Greg K is shy, that's why he doesn't appear much in the videos & stuff. he doesn't really mind.

~*hit_that*~
08-24-2005, 01:03 PM
im sitting here thinkin about how offspring got started and it was originaly greg and dex. so im thinking about the band today and dexter and noodles have the most publicity and greg is like out of the picture. he rarely shows up in videos (i think he apeared 2 times in gone away for like a split second) he started the band im suprised he didnt leave verses ron. im sure this has already been discussed but idk. he does talk on radio and stuff so i hear but still he should b up there with dexter. with all respect for noodles i mean he rocks too. sry if this thread annoys u but i wouldnt mind feedback.

I agree, I think Greg deserves as much media recognition as everyone else. Maybe he's just quiet and shy, ot extremely laid back and doesn't mind! lol. I also think Higgins/X-13/Chris (whatever you like to call him lol) deserves to be noticed too, especially with all the work he does with the band and such.

Sinister
08-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Higgins gets noticed, he appears quite a bit in the live videos on the collection DVD. Plus he's featured in WDYGAJ single video.

brothadave79
08-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Greg K is shy, that's why he doesn't appear much in the videos & stuff. he doesn't really mind.

Actually, I think he doesn't like getting short-changed in the videos. On the video commentary for TKAA Dexter says that Greg K. hates the video, and Greg coincidentally only appears 2-3 times in it. He doesn't get as much spotlight from the directors in videos because he doesn't sing or play lead guitar. I'm sure it frustrates him sometimes, and he deserves more credit. Dexter also needs to write more songs with a driving bassline.

Sinister
08-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Actually, I think he doesn't like getting short-changed in the videos. On the video commentary for TKAA Dexter says that Greg K. hates the video, and Greg coincidentally only appears 2-3 times in it. He doesn't get as much spotlight from the directors in videos because he doesn't sing or play lead guitar. I'm sure it frustrates him sometimes, and he deserves more credit. Dexter also needs to write more songs with a driving bassline.
Absolutely... but Dexter sucks at writing basslines, let's face it. I Choose is great, the solo in Have You Ever is also good, but other than that it's not very special.

~*hit_that*~
08-24-2005, 01:08 PM
Higgins gets noticed, he appears quite a bit in the live videos on the collection DVD. Plus he's featured in WDYGAJ single video.

I know, but thats about it!!! But I do agree that Greg should be noticed more too! But fair enough if he's shy and don't wanna be noticed!! Thats cool, we still love you Greg!!

Sinister
08-24-2005, 01:09 PM
we still love you Greg!!

YOU love him. I'm a straight male.

~*hit_that*~
08-24-2005, 01:10 PM

The video of TKAA is really wierd!!! But is has some super-cool funky ass special effects in it though!! :rolleyes:

killer_queen
08-24-2005, 01:10 PM
People, pleeaaasee... Everybody can't be the frontman. Some people should be the silent ones. And I'm sure Greg wants it, it's not our bussines.

darko
08-24-2005, 01:36 PM
he is shy! and it probably works just fine for him........

SMASH0390
08-24-2005, 02:50 PM
he shouldnt b shy hes been in the business for a long time. alright tho all thats his choice sept for the vids he needs more cred there.

ichoose90
08-24-2005, 02:53 PM
On the commentary, Dexter did say that he got pissed at the 'The Kids Aren't Alright' video because he only appeared 3 times. When your not the singer of a band you usualy don't get shown as much. Not exactly fair, but that's how it goes. Dexter even said something like that in the commentary.

nameless
08-24-2005, 03:23 PM
well like everyone says, greg doesnt particularly like the spotlight! also its dexter that writes the majority of the songs so its only natural he gets more attention!

Zee
08-24-2005, 04:15 PM
I like his attitude, you just go and play the fucking bass lines and then leave.

IdiotOfTheDay
08-24-2005, 04:40 PM
On the commentary, Dexter did say that he got pissed at the 'The Kids Aren't Alright' video because he only appeared 3 times. When your not the singer of a band you usualy don't get shown as much. Not exactly fair, but that's how it goes. Dexter even said something like that in the commentary.
I thought Dexter said he had counted the number of times he appeared in all the videos, I'll watch it again later.
But besides that, do you remember the interview Noodles did a few months ago, with Idobi Radio or whatever? If I remember correctly, he said Greg K wasn't as happy-go-lucky as the other band members, and he didn't mind not always being in the limelight.

lost_nvrfound
08-24-2005, 07:14 PM
greg k often does get the short end of the stick. i think it bothers him to a point, like dexter said he dislikes TKAA 'cause he's hardly in it. but i don't think he lets his nuts get in a twist over it because its the nature of the instrument to not be in the limelight. one thing i noticed is that on the dvd in the live performances, greg k does the 'take him out' part in COAP, but you can hardly hear it at all...

it goes this way with bands most of the time... the bassist usually gets the least publicity of any of the other members. bass is not that interesting to be frank... but we all know that without it, the song wouldn't work nearly as well as it does...

any bassist knows that when they join a band, that's what they're in for...

with me personally, i think they should at least show up in the videos more... maybe i'll be able to change that... i plan to go into the music vid buis... my ultimate goal being to direct an offspring vid

Chanz
08-24-2005, 07:27 PM
I think Greg is one of those guys who dont like conflict so he dose wat needs to be done. I dont think the whole Fame thing has eva really settled in... he also seems super shy. Someone mentioned the Video for Kinds aint Right, Dexter said on comentary that Greg dose not like that video coz it just gose round in a circle and they also said yea greg counted how mnay times he was in it and it was only abou 3 or 4 times. The Lead singer and lead Gitarist are always the main men/ girls in a band thats just the way it works...

TarachnidX
08-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Its so funny how there are so many of these threads about Greg, hes so popular! Hes a legend to Offspring fans! :cool: But he is the only band member of the Offspring to be on an album. Most of you prob know this but hes on the design on their album 'Ignition' (not the cover but the actual cd). You cant really tell but if you look in the booklet its an outline of his picture.

Revolver-2005?
08-24-2005, 09:32 PM
gregs pretty cool, but itd annoy me if i was in a band as popular as the offspring and never really be noticed

neocon58
08-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Cry away. Poor Greg, he only gets millions in royalties. Oh Noez!

dirty pair
08-24-2005, 11:45 PM

just the way greg is, hes an awesome guy though.

peko
08-25-2005, 12:03 AM
You know, in a way, Greg being the least noticed member of the band makes him more popular. Because people notice that he doesn't get noticed, and it's like, "Hey, what about Greg?"

There have been TONS of topics about Greg not getting enough attention. Being the cool and quiet background guy makes him more likeable.

YODAvid
08-25-2005, 01:10 AM

If Greg was shy... you he play gigs in front of thousands of people? NO! would be on television? NO! would he have been in TO for over 20 years ?? NO! check him out on the HUCK IT DvD, i think hes kinda cool.

BUT!

HES NOT SHY, i hate it when peeple say that. He is not as much in the spotlight as Dexter n Noodles, maybe he doesnt wanna be.... ever thought about that?

Offspring7
09-03-2005, 12:01 AM
greg doesn't get a lot of the limelight...but the fans all love him...he's the shy quiet one...greg just fits the band...and its probably right that he doesn't really care to be in the limelight

bd007h
09-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Greg didnt get screwed that bad. He still wears shirts with my last name on it all the time :D